Q's About Buying Options and Health

GroovyOs

Greetings folks,

I'm mainly waiting on black friday deals for the flowerpot vrod and the dynavap (heard they have some sort of reduced prices). I choose this after browsing your forums and reddit for many days. I plan on buying either:

• Flowerpot Vrod Premium - wondering if the power cord matters, or if I'll need the 18mm post or hempwick enail handle (those come with the essentials)
  • Flowerpot Vrod Essentials w/ Mega Globe and Flowermill Grinder (I plan on getting the expansion pack with ultra fine grind, debating between 3 or 4 piece and seeing if the kief matters - I used to have one, it was alright, not sure how it is with vaping)

Along with the Flowerpot Vrods, I'm going to buy a Dynavap with an IH as a portable. Any IH recommendations? I was thinking of the vaphotbox or waiting for either the Madhatter or Yllvape. Which of these Flowerpot Vrod options should I get?

While waiting for black friday sales, I was thinking of buying one thing for the waiting period and grow my collection. Which one do I go for?

• Arizer Extreme Q - Only because it's cheap and costs around $105 USD atm, I'm mainly worried about the plastic inner mechanisms that I read on here which deterred me
  • Tinymight - Unsure about this because I've read about quality issues and customer service problems
  • Firewood 7 - Out of stock
  • Underdog/Enano/Woodscent - Read good things about log vapes from here
  • RIO Vaporizer - For concentrate, not as important if I get the Vrod

I used to smoke a lot of mokes (tobacco and bud), but now I can't as much because it gives me anxiety and it's makes me feel unhealthy/dirty (we also call them dirty bowls). That's why I'm transitioning to dry herb vapor with 1:1 ratio of sativa or indica and cbd flower for anxiety. Or delta8 distillate since I heard it gives less anxiety, but not sure if I want that miniscule amount of solvents, still it might be a different experience I'm willing to try. I live in a legal state and flower is easily accessible.

Last edited:
GroovyOs,

Vaporware

Even the most basic VRod package is great, but a little more elaborate setup (handle, maybe a nice stand, etc.) is nicer to look at and more comfortable to use. If money’s an issue though, you can always add those things later or rig up something of your own.

One thing I should mention about the Vrod though is that while it is great for flower and good for concentrates, maybe one of the best ways to use both at once, a lot of people who are very into concentrates still use something else that’s strictly for concentrates to get the very best experience.

The good news is that one of the most popular choices there is a simple cheap banger, and if you get the right size banger (or a second coil) you can use the same controller you use for the VRod. Or if you’re not a concentrate connoisseur you may be happy with just using the VRo

As for IHs, I still think Fluxer heaters (especially the Flite with a Pulse Width Modulation option to slow it down for better results) are overall the best around, but they’re not currently in production (and may or may not be in the future) so you’d have to get lucky and find a used one. The MAD Sense looks good on paper, so if it comes out as expected that’s another to watch for but I’m not sure it’ll be out this year.

There are other good ones available too though, so if you have to start with one of those you should still be fine, you just won’t have as much ability to customize the experience as you do with torches or some kind of PWM or temp control on the IH. Oh, and I haven’t seen the Madhatter or Yllvape yet so maybe they’re great options too, I just don’t know yet. :)

Your options for buying now are also good, but I’d go more toward the Firewood 7 (which quickly sells out at 9 PM every Sunday - read the FW thread for help getting in in time) or the TinyMight since I think they’re good compliments to what you’re already planning to

On the flower front, I like 1:1 THC:CBD too and it definitely makes it harder for me to overshoot and cause anxiety issues. Delta 8 may also be a good choice, but I haven’t used it enough to know whether or not I can overdo it to the point where I’m really uncomfortable…I should test it at some point, but that’s not the most fun kind of test. :lol:

Oh, and on the FlowerMill I bought the 4 piece and the other ring to convert it to a 3 piece (plus the expansion pack) and I feel like I probably should have taken their recommendation and just gone with the 3 piece. I’ve run probably an ounce or more through mine already and I don’t see much collected under the screen. Otherwise I’m happy with it!

I hope that helps, good luck! I think you’re on the right track (and buying almost the same set of stuff I have, listed in my signature). :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
  • Arizer Extreme Q - Only because it's cheap and costs around $105 USD atm, I'm mainly worried about the plastic inner mechanisms that I read on here which deterred me

No point in getting an EQ if you are planning on getting a flower pot... A log would be better, email Alan for the heat island, that's the one you can get cheaper than any other one $50 for the bamboo log and like another 50 for the power supply and VVPS, then some stems...

• Tinymight - Unsure about this because I've read about quality issues and customer service problems

There is nothing to be concerned about TM for quality and customer service problems, check the thread, that reputation is not accurate to the current picture of buying one now... And yeah FW7 is in stock every week as vaporware said... These are my two overall favorites!

Vaporware

Yeah, I don’t have much concern about TM’s customer service anymore either. There is still the language barrier for most of us, but if you send simple messages they should get back to you and I think they have taken care of every problem I’ve seen reported, it just took too long in the past.

There are still small things I don’t like about the design, but if you want a very hard hitting portable convection vaporizer you can order today and have soon, the TinyMight is quite possibly the best available and if I needed it I wouldn’t hesitate to order one anymore.

That said, while my Nomad’s being finished I went with the Firewood 7 which uses a hybrid heater partly for the different heating method and because I like and trust the design/build more.

Vaporware,
Reactions: GroovyOs

GroovyOs

Even the most basic VRod package is great, but a little more elaborate setup (handle, maybe a nice stand, etc.) is nicer to look at and more comfortable to use. If money’s an issue though, you can always add those things later or rig up something of your own.

One thing I should mention about the Vrod though is that while it is great for flower and good for concentrates, maybe one of the best ways to use both at once, a lot of people who are very into concentrates still use something else that’s strictly for concentrates to get the very best experience.

The good news is that one of the most popular choices there is a simple cheap banger, and if you get the right size banger (or a second coil) you can use the same controller you use for the VRod. Or if you’re not a concentrate connoisseur you may be happy with just using the VRo

As for IHs, I still think Fluxer heaters (especially the Flite with a Pulse Width Modulation option to slow it down for better results) are overall the best around, but they’re not currently in production (and may or may not be in the future) so you’d have to get lucky and find a used one. The MAD Sense looks good on paper, so if it comes out as expected that’s another to watch for but I’m not sure it’ll be out this year.

There are other good ones available too though, so if you have to start with one of those you should still be fine, you just won’t have as much ability to customize the experience as you do with torches or some kind of PWM or temp control on the IH. Oh, and I haven’t seen the Madhatter or Yllvape yet so maybe they’re great options too, I just don’t know yet. :)

Your options for buying now are also good, but I’d go more toward the Firewood 7 (which quickly sells out at 9 PM every Sunday - read the FW thread for help getting in in time) or the TinyMight since I think they’re good compliments to what you’re already planning to

On the flower front, I like 1:1 THC:CBD too and it definitely makes it harder for me to overshoot and cause anxiety issues. Delta 8 may also be a good choice, but I haven’t used it enough to know whether or not I can overdo it to the point where I’m really uncomfortable…I should test it at some point, but that’s not the most fun kind of test. :lol:

Oh, and on the FlowerMill I bought the 4 piece and the other ring to convert it to a 3 piece (plus the expansion pack) and I feel like I probably should have taken their recommendation and just gone with the 3 piece. I’ve run probably an ounce or more through mine already and I don’t see much collected under the screen. Otherwise I’m happy with it!

I hope that helps, good luck! I think you’re on the right track (and buying almost the same set of stuff I have, listed in my signature). :)
When I first looked at it all, I just wanted everything, but after reading your reply and considering what I need then reviewing the items again, I decided for the basic bundle and all I'd want is the pax loading tool. Can't believe I misread some items, I thought the enail handle and hemp wick were different things but they have the same number lol

I read about that, I'll follow your guys recommendations. So basically use two coils (one for flower and one for concentrate) or a banger and put it on the megaglobe or another rig? Is the wand necessary here? I see its got some bangers that come with it in the sneakypete.

I really wanted a Fluxer, but it was all sold out, I didn't know they might not be in production in the future. Are they moving to another product or did something happen for them to stop? I might have to wait and see about IH next year, prob grab a dynavap and wait or just use the firewood 7 (if I get it).

Since the flowerpot is convection, I now want to give the firewood 7 and shot and hope I get one. I want to try the hydrid heating and see how it is. I read that there's a woody flavor to the firewood 7, do you know how the flavor is compared to the TM? I'm mainly looking for flavor. I also thought about the dotleaf, mainly because it's conduction and I want to give it a try too, but I read there's a lot of trouble with the ovens though. So my choices are now firewood 7 or dotleaf.

Yea lol I read that delta 8 can feel like delta 9 when you vape a lot of it, still, a test to reach a uncomfortable state isn't the greatest lol I've been there (with flower) and somehow I keep smoking and eventually either I get numb to it or smoked through it :doh: back in college I was medicated everyday, smoke a bowl every 30 mins :science:

Sweet, I'll go with the 3 piece, I'm not too worried about the kief.

Thank you Vaporware, I appreciate your input, it helps a lot because I've been thinking about it too much. It's looking like we'll have similar setups, which means I'm def on the right track :lol:

GroovyOs

No point in getting an EQ if you are planning on getting a flower pot... A log would be better, email Alan for the heat island, that's the one you can get cheaper than any other one $50 for the bamboo log and like another 50 for the power supply and VVPS, then some stems...

There is nothing to be concerned about TM for quality and customer service problems, check the thread, that reputation is not accurate to the current picture of buying one now... And yeah FW7 is in stock every week as vaporware said... These are my two overall favorites!
Hell yea, I'll pass on the EQ now. I browsed the heat island website when I was looking at logs, idk why I forgot about that. I'll get in contact with Alan when I'm looking for a log (for microdosing). But atm, since the flowerpot is convection, I wanted to try out either hybrid or conduction. It's good to read that TM is doing well, if I don't get my hands on a firewood 7, I'll have to grab the TM. I see myself having both at some point.

So I'm debating between a few things, the firewood 7 (hybrid) or the dotleaf (conduction, but worried about the oven issue). My priorities for now from highest to lowest:

• Get a firewood 7
  • If I don't get one, then I'll grab a the convections - TM or heat island
  • Dotleaf, lowest on the prio because of the thread with mixed reports on the oven. Still, a conduction is something I want to experience and the dotleaf looks so nice :shrug:

Is there any maintenance or accessories I need to prepare for? Like the dotleaf I would probably grab a few extra ovens and for the Firewood 7/TM I'd have to get screens?

Thanks Shit Snacks for sharing your thoughts and narrowing my options :cheers:

GroovyOs,

Shit Snacks

Hell yea, I'll pass on the EQ now. I browsed the heat island website when I was looking at logs, idk why I forgot about that. I'll get in contact with Alan when I'm looking for a log (for microdosing). But atm, since the flowerpot is convection, I wanted to try out either hybrid or conduction. It's good to read that TM is doing well, if I don't get my hands on a firewood 7, I'll have to grab the TM. I see myself having both at some point.

Yeah the HI website has not been updated in a long time, he's working to do so, to make it so you can order from it too, but for now yeah you just email him, his thread has the latest if you start at the end and go backwards...

There was actually an FW7 available earlier on Reddit EntExchange... TM pure convection on demand is different but very versatile... FW7 is a perfect counterpart with the conduction on demand.

So I'm debating between a few things, the firewood 7 (hybrid) or the dotleaf (conduction, but worried about the oven issue). My priorities for now from highest to lowest:

• Get a firewood 7
  • If I don't get one, then I'll grab a the convections - TM or heat island
  • Dotleaf, lowest on the prio because of the thread with mixed reports on the oven. Still, a conduction is something I want to experience and the dotleaf looks so nice :shrug:

Is there any maintenance or accessories I need to prepare for? Like the dotleaf I would probably grab a few extra ovens and for the Firewood 7/TM I'd have to get screens?

Thanks Shit Snacks for sharing your thoughts and narrowing my options :cheers:

Yeah I'm not interested in dotleaf, there are plenty of cheap session conduction options though if that's what you want... TM and FW7 are much more satisfying for me. I suggest skimming both those threads, backwards from the most recent pages, questions like what accessories to order are asked all the time, and you will also see a bit of the use... They are both low maintenance :tup:

Vasgas

Greetings folks,

I'm mainly waiting on black friday deals for the flowerpot vrod and the dynavap (heard they have some sort of reduced prices). I choose this after browsing your forums and reddit for many days. I plan on buying either:

• Flowerpot Vrod Premium - wondering if the power cord matters, or if I'll need the 18mm post or hempwick enail handle (those come with the essentials)
  • Flowerpot Vrod Essentials w/ Mega Globe and Flowermill Grinder (I plan on getting the expansion pack with ultra fine grind, debating between 3 or 4 piece and seeing if the kief matters - I used to have one, it was alright, not sure how it is with vaping)

Along with the Flowerpot Vrods, I'm going to buy a Dynavap with an IH as a portable. Any IH recommendations? I was thinking of the vaphotbox or waiting for either the Madhatter or Yllvape. Which of these Flowerpot Vrod options should I get?

While waiting for black friday sales, I was thinking of buying one thing for the waiting period and grow my collection. Which one do I go for?

I used to smoke a lot of mokes (tobacco and bud), but now I can't as much because it gives me anxiety and it's makes me feel unhealthy/dirty (we also call them dirty bowls). That's why I'm transitioning to dry herb vapor with 1:1 ratio of sativa or indica and cbd flower for anxiety. Or delta8 distillate since I heard it gives less anxiety, but not sure if I want that miniscule amount of solvents, still it might be a different experience I'm willing to try. I live in a legal state and flower is easily accessible.
Black Friday? Like yourself, I'm starting to plan my vas purchases too lol

Gonna be trying for a FW7 for the 3rd time soon. Definitely a HLT. I'm also very attracted to the IDB Atlas. Just not getting replies on the thread, idk why lol.

I was also adamant on getting the baller mod, after owning both a Weedeater and Vrod. But then I saw this and it completely got my attention, despite not one single performance video :lol: . I'm literally checking the IG page every day, hoping for some updates.

I'd recommend TM as the vape to buy while you wait. They ship relatively fast and is a pretty powerful little vape. I prefer it over water though. Huge rips.

Vasgas,

GroovyOs

Yeah, I don’t have much concern about TM’s customer service anymore either. There is still the language barrier for most of us, but if you send simple messages they should get back to you and I think they have taken care of every problem I’ve seen reported, it just took too long in the past.

There are still small things I don’t like about the design, but if you want a very hard hitting portable convection vaporizer you can order today and have soon, the TinyMight is quite possibly the best available and if I needed it I wouldn’t hesitate to order one anymore.

That said, while my Nomad’s being finished I went with the Firewood 7 which uses a hybrid heater partly for the different heating method and because I like and trust the design/build more.
It's great to keep reading about TM's improved CS :) I'll have to get one eventually. I've been on a 2 year tolerance break and not sure if I need a heavy hitter atm, but it might be something I'd get if I miss the firewood 7 drop on sunday (I'll eventually have both, but I'm looking for something while waiting for black friday, and TM would be fastest it seems). I read the TM can be more fragile than the Firewood 7, but the flavor for TM is top notch.

I checked the Nomad, not sure if I looked at the correct site, is it a pod system for oil? And yea, I mainly want the Firewood 7 for it's hybrid heater and I trusts it's durability and vapor, while I like the looks of TM more and read it's more flavorful.

Shit Snacks

It's great to keep reading about TM's improved CS :) I'll have to get one eventually. I've been on a 2 year tolerance break and not sure if I need a heavy hitter atm, but it might be something I'd get if I miss the firewood 7 drop on sunday (I'll eventually have both, but I'm looking for something while waiting for black friday, and TM would be fastest it seems). I read the TM can be more fragile than the Firewood 7, but the flavor for TM is top notch.

I checked the Nomad, not sure if I looked at the correct site, is it a pod system for oil? And yea, I mainly want the Firewood 7 for it's hybrid heater and I trusts it's durability and vapor, while I like the looks of TM more and read it's more flavorful.

No the nomad is a custom handmade vape here by someone in Canada, next level, check the portables section for the thread, the toad will be more accessible, but yeah I would not really recommend these in general haha they are very niche really, not something I would suggest in this context at least.

TM really is an ultimate, but the FW7 is a fantastic design! If you skim through threads in ask FC you will see the most commonly recommended vapes... There is much more info here than anywhere else on the web!

@Vasgas All of the IDB slots are full, I'm not sure what response you were waiting for in the thread but the dude is swamped beginning to build things!

GroovyOs

Yeah the HI website has not been updated in a long time, he's working to do so, to make it so you can order from it too, but for now yeah you just email him, his thread has the latest if you start at the end and go backwards...

There was actually an FW7 available earlier on Reddit EntExchange... TM pure convection on demand is different but very versatile... FW7 is a perfect counterpart with the conduction on demand.

Yeah I'm not interested in dotleaf, there are plenty of cheap session conduction options though if that's what you want... TM and FW7 are much more satisfying for me. I suggest skimming both those threads, backwards from the most recent pages, questions like what accessories to order are asked all the time, and you will also see a bit of the use... They are both low maintenance :tup:
It seems I missed the FW7, looks like it was sold fast, plus I'm alright with waiting for it since a TM is looking like the move for now (I have to see on sunday).

I mainly just want to try out conduction, but I'll have to give the dotleaf thread a thorough read. I'll get it when I read better things about it on the thread.

I'll also browse the HI, TM, and FW7 threads :spliff: gather some info on what I need to get for one purchase. I'm glad the TM/FW7 are low maintenance :love:

Shit Snacks

It seems I missed the FW7, looks like it was sold fast, plus I'm alright with waiting for it since a TM is looking like the move for now (I have to see on sunday).

I mainly just want to try out conduction, but I'll have to give the dotleaf thread a thorough read. I'll get it when I read better things about it on the thread.

I'll also browse the HI, TM, and FW7 threads :spliff: gather some info on what I need to get for one purchase. I'm glad the TM/FW7 are low maintenance :love:

Yeah they do move quick, and some people do enjoy the DL, you just never know with any vape really you could be lucky or unlucky and the slippery slope of owning multiple gets steeper especially with such a multitude of great options available now!

Shit Snacks,

GroovyOs

Black Friday? Like yourself, I'm starting to plan my vas purchases too lol

Gonna be trying for a FW7 for the 3rd time soon. Definitely a HLT. I'm also very attracted to the IDB Atlas. Just not getting replies on the thread, idk why lol.

I was also adamant on getting the baller mod, after owning both a Weedeater and Vrod. But then I saw this and it completely got my attention, despite not one single performance video :lol: . I'm literally checking the IG page every day, hoping for some updates.

I'd recommend TM as the vape to buy while you wait. They ship relatively fast and is a pretty powerful little vape. I prefer it over water though. Huge rips.
For real haha so much research for our vas purchases on black friday, and you just showed me some more new options :lol:

I hope you get a FW7, it'll be my first attempt this sunday, but I know it'll take a few tries. Not sure what HLT is, the search button doesn't show anything up, is it the HighLighter from REFC? Saw a vid of it and looks like it hits and at a reasonable price too :drool:

Just skimmed the IDB Atlas, and man it's looking good with those rocks, great presentation. Just noticed all the little beads in it too :cool: Ima have to read into this, might have to get one myself for an enail.

Yooo what is this lol I just checked the IG, is that a baller mod? I'm not sure what it does tbh, any reason why you want one? That's for concentrates right?

It's looking like the TM is what I'll be getting for now, I'll have to use it native for the time being though. Wish I could use it through water, but my friend has my glasspiece.

GroovyOs,

GroovyOs

No the nomad is a custom handmade vape here by someone in Canada, next level, check the portables section for the thread, the toad will be more accessible, but yeah I would not really recommend these in general haha they are very niche really, not something I would suggest in this context at least.

TM really is an ultimate, but the FW7 is a fantastic design! If you skim through threads in ask FC you will see the most commonly recommended vapes... There is much more info here than anywhere else on the web!

@Vasgas All of the IDB slots are full, I'm not sure what response you were waiting for in the thread but the dude is swamped beginning to build things!
Yea haha my vas was kicking in. Is it the nomad and the toad from morwood? The nomad looks really clean, I'll have to read the thread and see what it's about, looks similar to a TM in appearance. Saw that the toad is convection too

It's looking like I'll get a TM for sure :) and contemplate the niches for later lol

GroovyOs

Yeah they do move quick, and some people do enjoy the DL, you just never know with any vape really you could be lucky or unlucky and the slippery slope of owning multiple gets steeper especially with such a multitude of great options available now!
I wasn't able to decide because of all these dope options after browsing and lurking for so long, I was able to hone it down to a few, yet now I'm seeing more things that caught my eye :lol: it helps immensely when you folks chime in.

Vasgas

For real haha so much research for our vas purchases on black friday, and you just showed me some more new options :lol:

I hope you get a FW7, it'll be my first attempt this sunday, but I know it'll take a few tries. Not sure what HLT is, the search button doesn't show anything up, is it the HighLighter from REFC? Saw a vid of it and looks like it hits and at a reasonable price too :drool:
You're right! It looks awesome.

@Shit Snacks I was trying to confirm the differences between Halo, Atlas and Heady Atlas. He must have missed my post. Its cool about the Halo. I'm interested in the Atlas but not Heady Atlas.
Just skimmed the IDB Atlas, and man it's looking good with those rocks, great presentation. Just noticed all the little beads in it too :cool: Ima have to read into this, might have to get one myself for an enail.
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Yooo what is this lol I just checked the IG, is that a baller mod? I'm not sure what it does tbh, any reason why you want one? That's for concentrates right?
For dry herbs only, i think. It's likely the first no metal airpath heater in the market (if/when it launches). It accepts balls and pillars to customize air flow and heater mass. Its a male jointed model so bowl options are aplenty. It also looks pretty solid and big. Nice accessories too. Besides that, I have zero info and it just looks like a cross between FlowerPots and Elev8r. Am just gonna be patient and wait lol

It's looking like the TM is what I'll be getting for now, I'll have to use it native for the time being though. Wish I could use it through water, but my friend has my glasspiece.
TM is great when used dry too. I just personally prefer huge rips so I use water. Ymmv

Vaporware

Yea haha my vas was kicking in. Is it the nomad and the toad from morwood? The nomad looks really clean, I'll have to read the thread and see what it's about, looks similar to a TM in appearance. Saw that the toad is convection too

It's looking like I'll get a TM for sure :) and contemplate the niches for later lol

Yeah, I wasn’t suggesting that as something to get now (you’d have to get very lucky and find a used one to have it any time soon), but I do think that these are pieces of functional art that anyone really into vaporizers should at least see.

If it does happen to interest you then getting on the list long before you actually want it is a good move. You can always pass up your turn if you change your mind. :)

Also on the FlowerPot, like I said a minimal setup still works just as well, but I do find a handle more comfortable to use. The one they sell is metal wrapped in a hemp cord, but if you want to you can buy something else or make your own.

I don’t know how much time @iDRINKBLEACH has for making stand-alone wooden e-nail handles now, but I know he made a few and plenty of people have made their own out of things like dowels and paracord.

If you don’t want to bother with a handle that’s fine, there’s just a smaller safe area to grab the base of the coil, the wire feels a bit thin in my hand and it just doesn’t seem as polished to me. That’s just personal preference though. :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I agree with @Vasgas and recommend a Tinymight as a first purchase. Get a wpa for use with bubblers and j-hooks.

The Tinymight's on demand convection vapor will be gentler on anxiety than smoking. You can easily go low temp for flavor and less stony effects and still have a speedy versatile heater for big rips though water or a spiked j-hook.

FC has devoted fans of a number of harder to buy portables like the Nomad or the Tetra P80. To me those options just prove the wisdom of the Tinymight purchase: you don't need to wait two years for a Nomad or fuss with P80 batch drops that sell out in ten minutes, you don't need to fuss with quirky online stores that don't take a credit card or PayPal.

The Firewood7 is more accessible because the domestic store takes normal payment methods and the small drops are at least consistent enough to make buying one less of a pain in the ass. I find the stony conduction of the FW7's ceramic heater to be pretty unavoidable (which may be a positive for many/most people) so I use the Tinymight way more. Plus the knob on the Tinymight will always be my preference over a low, medium, and high limitation like the FW7. The FW7 is slimmer in the pocket and the hits with just the built in hula stem are really impressive.

You can safely buy one of each and sell whichever you can bear to part with for full price in under an hour: the demand is that high because folks can't be bothered to buy direct from an overseas shop (in the case of the TM) or time the Sunday evening drops (with the Firewood7).

I only use my vapcaps with induction heaters and the Flux Deluxe is/was a nice one. Vapcaps are shit for flavor though and again I prefer convenient temp stepping with a more versatile vape like the TM rather than the decidedly toasty and mostly conduction vapcap experience.
PXL_20210911_170218946.jpg

Vaporware

Yeah, part of my decision to buy a FW7 over a TM is that I wanted the hybrid heating available since I already have pure convection covered at home (where I’ve been almost all of the time for the last year and a half) with the FlowerPot and other convection portables in my future.

I still use the FW7 if I am out, but I do think especially if I crank the temp up it’s “stonier” than full convection. Starting your draw early and speeding it up does increase convection and reduce conduction though, and I think sticking to lower temps helps even more if you want to avoid getting stuck to the nearest couch. :lol:

We often forget to figure out whether someone would be happier with conduction, convection, etc. on the effects side. Pure conduction usually gets tossed for being slow, and then recommendations are made based on other factors…

Definitely consider the effects you’re looking for, @GroovyOs !

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've not tried the Woodscents yet but otherwise I think the Heat Island is the best of the current log vapes.

GroovyOs

Yeah, I wasn’t suggesting that as something to get now (you’d have to get very lucky and find a used one to have it any time soon), but I do think that these are pieces of functional art that anyone really into vaporizers should at least see.

If it does happen to interest you then getting on the list long before you actually want it is a good move. You can always pass up your turn if you change your mind. :)

Also on the FlowerPot, like I said a minimal setup still works just as well, but I do find a handle more comfortable to use. The one they sell is metal wrapped in a hemp cord, but if you want to you can buy something else or make your own.

I don’t know how much time @iDRINKBLEACH has for making stand-alone wooden e-nail handles now, but I know he made a few and plenty of people have made their own out of things like dowels and paracord.

If you don’t want to bother with a handle that’s fine, there’s just a smaller safe area to grab the base of the coil, the wire feels a bit thin in my hand and it just doesn’t seem as polished to me. That’s just personal preference though. :)
I'll have to get on the list after black friday and see how things are with the vapes I'm getting, I wouldn't mind a functional art piece though :D

A dowel and paracord sounds nice, especially since the cord seems thicker and wood is better than the metal for heat. Ima give the original handle a try first and see how it is. After some tries, I'll ask idrinkbleach to see if he has extra time, if not I'll try and google how to make one.

GroovyOs

I agree with @Vasgas and recommend a Tinymight as a first purchase. Get a wpa for use with bubblers and j-hooks.

The Tinymight's on demand convection vapor will be gentler on anxiety than smoking. You can easily go low temp for flavor and less stony effects and still have a speedy versatile heater for big rips though water or a spiked j-hook.

FC has devoted fans of a number of harder to buy portables like the Nomad or the Tetra P80. To me those options just prove the wisdom of the Tinymight purchase: you don't need to wait two years for a Nomad or fuss with P80 batch drops that sell out in ten minutes, you don't need to fuss with quirky online stores that don't take a credit card or PayPal.

The Firewood7 is more accessible because the domestic store takes normal payment methods and the small drops are at least consistent enough to make buying one less of a pain in the ass. I find the stony conduction of the FW7's ceramic heater to be pretty unavoidable (which may be a positive for many/most people) so I use the Tinymight way more. Plus the knob on the Tinymight will always be my preference over a low, medium, and high limitation like the FW7. The FW7 is slimmer in the pocket and the hits with just the built in hula stem are really impressive.

You can safely buy one of each and sell whichever you can bear to part with for full price in under an hour: the demand is that high because folks can't be bothered to buy direct from an overseas shop (in the case of the TM) or time the Sunday evening drops (with the Firewood7).

I only use my vapcaps with induction heaters and the Flux Deluxe is/was a nice one. Vapcaps are shit for flavor though and again I prefer convenient temp stepping with a more versatile vape like the TM rather than the decidedly toasty and mostly conduction vapcap experience.
View attachment 12971
I don't have a glasspiece atm, but after googling wpa and j hooks, ima have to get some in black friday and create a setup

That's perfect too :) it's great to know that I won't get as much anxiety and that there's more flavor in lower temps, plus I had no idea that convection is less on anxiety than the stony conduction feel (not sure if I read it correctly, but it's what I got from it). I'm 100% getting the TM though, quick service and ease of purchase from what I'm reading, and the pros of the flavor, varying heat temps, and gentler anxiety

I wanted to experience what convection, hybrid, and conduction vapes were like yet it's looking like convection is the way to go for anxiety

I bet lol I saw the FW7 post on reddit and it was bought within hours, so I'm not too worried if I miss the drop on sunday (can always try again)

Ahhh I'm reconsidering my vapcap purchase then, no idea it was bad on flavor and that it's harder to find a non out of stock IH (rather use IH than a torch), yet they seem so convenient. I might just get one if it's low on price, or that money could go on j hooks or wpas.

That's a clean looking TM pic :cool: TM looking good with the wood background.

GroovyOs

Yeah, part of my decision to buy a FW7 over a TM is that I wanted the hybrid heating available since I already have pure convection covered at home (where I’ve been almost all of the time for the last year and a half) with the FlowerPot and other convection portables in my future.

I still use the FW7 if I am out, but I do think especially if I crank the temp up it’s “stonier” than full convection. Starting your draw early and speeding it up does increase convection and reduce conduction though, and I think sticking to lower temps helps even more if you want to avoid getting stuck to the nearest couch. :lol:

We often forget to figure out whether someone would be happier with conduction, convection, etc. on the effects side. Pure conduction usually gets tossed for being slow, and then recommendations are made based on other factors…

Definitely consider the effects you’re looking for, @GroovyOs !
Yes! That's why I'll have to get both the TM and FW7, to experience both the convection and hybrid style vapes. I wouldn't mind the stonier feel from the FW7, just no anxiety and thinking about heart attacks lol

There's a lot to experiment with such as 1:1 ratios of cbd flower and sativa/indica and the type of heating (which I just learned today from reading here) that'll help with my anxiety. I don't mind the slowness of pure conduction, more of the effects, and I'm reading it's more stonier :lol:

GroovyOs

For dry herbs only, i think. It's likely the first no metal airpath heater in the market (if/when it launches). It accepts balls and pillars to customize air flow and heater mass. Its a male jointed model so bowl options are aplenty. It also looks pretty solid and big. Nice accessories too. Besides that, I have zero info and it just looks like a cross between FlowerPots and Elev8r. Am just gonna be patient and wait lol
Same :lol: thanks for the plug, ima keep my eyes peeled.

TM is great when used dry too. I just personally prefer huge rips so I use water. Ymmv
I can't wait to rip it with water. That'll be black friday when I get the megaglobe. For now its dry, but should be just as good.

Vaporware

Ahhh I'm reconsidering my vapcap purchase then, no idea it was bad on flavor and that it's harder to find a non out of stock IH (rather use IH than a torch), yet they seem so convenient. I might just get one if it's low on price, or that money could go on j hooks or wpas.

I don’t normally find myself defending the flavor from VapCaps because it can get bad quickly, but depending on the heater and how many hits you take it can actually be pretty good.

Probably the best thing for flavor is to heat it (hit it a little if you want), cool the cap back down by sticking it on a magnet or metal surface, then immediately re-heat and extract as much as you can in that second hit. If you go beyond that flavor will suffer. The point here is to heat up the tip more and then it can extract very quickly.

If you keep the heat level lower and slower it is possible to stretch the number of hits and still have decent flavor, but again that depends on the heating method and technique.

On the other hand, pure convection is where you’ll find the best flavor. :)

I still think it’s worth at least picking up a VapCap M (even a previous year’s model) or another model that’s not too expensive. Some people think they’re the best things ever, and most people who try them at least recognize they’re a good option to have available.

I personally prefer the titanium Omnivaps and others in that range, but the stainless steel Ms are still a good option, and some prefer them. They are heavier, but cheaper too.

Anyway, the flavor issue isn’t as clear as some people on either side make it seem, but it is a real issue. It’s one of the main reasons I rate VapCaps a little lower overall.

If you do try one and it seems like the flavor is consistently bad though, it probably means you’re overheating it or it needs cleaning.

Which reminds me, it’s a good idea to clean every vaporizer before you use it. A lot are probably okay, but you probably don’t want to get a lungful of heated manufacturing residue or anything like that. :myday:

Top Bottom