Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

minasch

You are essentially right, although all of these will require a warmup heat soak of ~10-30 mins. You need to get the housing and then the balls up to temp first, and then they usually hold the heat well, even with back-to-back hits. You will have no problem getting quick, dense hits with any of them. I think I would look at price and materials first as the hits will be there whichever you go with. Other things like compatability will matter as well (this is mostly in terms of whether your coil/pid pinout is universal or proprietary, or whether you go for an injector or diffuser head, etc.)
Whatever you get, I would consider getting a common pinout so you are not limited in the gear you can use together. For instance, if you went with something large, you may also want to be sure there is also a variety of coils supported for your PID, in case you do want to add something more sipper-sized. There are some very high quality heads built with 14mm injectors, for instance, that can more easily handle individual dose sizes both because of the size and because of the tuning. They will still deliver the thick, dense, vapor, sometimes even much tastier as well if the head is well-tuned for lower temperatures.
I meant with heat soak, that I have to place the Herborizer injector on the filled bowl for 1-2 minutes for instant dense vapor. On the taroma vape video they can place the injector on the bowl, hit and get immediately dense vapor. That's impossible with the Herborizer.
Regarding the PID, I don't think that I can choose there because I'll need the 230V EU plug version.

I think I will go with a Taroma with short 18mm glass bowl and the 220V PID.

But I'm not sure if I should get the OG or the 2.0.

Is the titanium bowl a must buy? I hope not because it's pretty pricey.

Oden

You are essentially right, although all of these will require a warmup heat soak of ~10-30 mins. You need to get the housing and then the balls up to temp first, and then they usually hold the heat well, even with back-to-back hits. You will have no problem getting quick, dense hits with any of them. I think I would look at price and materials first as the hits will be there whichever you go with. Other things like compatability will matter as well (this is mostly in terms of whether your coil/pid pinout is universal or proprietary, or whether you go for an injector or diffuser head, etc.)

I meant with heat soak, that I have to place the Herborizer injector on the filled bowl for 1-2 minutes for instant dense vapor. On the taroma vape video they can place the injector on the bowl, hit and get immediately dense vapor. That's impossible with the Herborizer.
Regarding the PID, I don't think that I can choose there because I'll need the 230V EU plug version.

I think I will go with a Taroma with short 18mm glass bowl and the 220V PID.

But I'm not sure if I should get the OG or the 2.0.

Is the titanium bowl a must buy? I hope not because it's pretty pricey.
The titanium bowl is excellent for top performance.
I also recommend the ceramic bowl!
Provides better flavor. The extraction is the most uniform I had with these ceramic bowls.
In fact I recommend the three bowls to vary the pleasures and with the titanium bowl you are sure never to break it.
This is something to take into consideration!.

minasch

Recommendedvapesupplies does ship internationally again. It's shown highlighted on top at my cart.

I think I will order there a Taroma 2.0.

One question regarding the PID. They offer the original 120W coil + stock PID and a 150W coil + crossing PID. I want the original one. Both are 220V.
But they come with UK plug and cable. The connector on the PID is very common. So it shouldn't be a problem to use a cable with EU plug as long it's all 220V right?

Pretty excited to finally order a Taroma. A followed them on instagram longer than they are available for order.

Should I get directly additional rubies? Because qshop website says the rubies are not enough to fill the 2.0 completely.

coolbreeze

Should I get directly additional rubies? Because qshop website says the rubies are not enough to fill the 2.0 completely.
I would check what they mean, maybe they are suggesting you need more than one pkg to fill that head, or maybe they mean it's enough to fill the head with some expansion room left over. My guess is the former, though.

coolbreeze,

minasch

I would check what they mean, maybe they are suggesting you need more than one pkg to fill that head, or maybe they mean it's enough to fill the head with some expansion room left over. My guess is the former, though.
They say there is a screen in the 2.0. With the screen it holds the same amount of rubies as the OG taroma. But if I want to extend that, I have to remove the screen and add additional (not included) rubies.
I guess it's not really necessary to that right away when getting a Taroma.

Oden

Yes, it won't be a problem if you use a cable with an EU plug 👍.
And getting the exact amount of rubies is essential if you want your Teroma to work as it should.
This site offers quite affordable rubies, but it will be more interesting to buy them on Aliexpress.

coolbreeze

They say there is a screen in the 2.0. With the screen it holds the same amount of rubies as the OG taroma. But if I want to extend that, I have to remove the screen and add additional (not included) rubies.
I guess it's not really necessary to that right away when getting a Taroma.
If they ship it filled, it should be optimum. My guess is, it's possible to add more so they provide the info, but whether or not that improves it is what I'd like to know. For instance, adding balls to an area not heated directly by the coil may even leach heat away.

I'm not sure I would understand a decision to provide not-quite-enough rubies, or advice on how to increase the number of rubies such that they decrease performance. Occam says, they provide enough rubies, but a few more would be better, I guess?

coolbreeze,
Reactions: minasch

minasch

I ordered yesterday at recommendedvapesupplies the Taroma 2.0 with ti bowl and was really excited about it.

Today they told me, that only the crossing PID and head is in stock.
Is anybody using the crossing PID with 150W coil?
They say they function the same, just heat up a little faster.
Usually I prefer OEM products. The qshop PID should be back in stock next week. So it won't be that hard to wait.
The crossing PID is a little cheaper and if it's even better, I would maybe buy the crossing PID too.

minasch,
Reactions: Vasgas

minasch

I'm not sure now if I did the right thing.
Is the taroma in the 500€/$ range the best one I could get?
I saved a really long time for that and really want the best for my money. I'm not sure if the Flowerpot with shovel head would been the better choice. Could order that from within the EU for nearly the same price.

coolbreeze

I ordered yesterday at recommendedvapesupplies the Taroma 2.0 with ti bowl and was really excited about it.

Usually I prefer OEM products. The qshop PID should be back in stock next week. So it won't be that hard to wait.
The crossing PID is a little cheaper and if it's even better, I would maybe buy the crossing PID too.
I saved a really long time for that and really want the best for my money. I'm not sure if the Flowerpot with shovel head would been the better choice. Could order that from within the EU for nearly the same price.
I'm not an expert, but it looks like the Crossing and CH/Auber PIDs have the standard pinout. If that can be verified, I would go for one of those just so that you're not locked into one proprietary ecosystem and can add coils/heads freely. Otherwise I bet you'll be happy with any of those products, as they will all curl your toes. With the CH stuff, the B2 is built for dabs and flower, if that's your inclination.

Vasgas

Pretty much the same thing except crossing does +5 increments instead of +1

I saved a really long time for that and really want the best for my money. I'm not sure if the Flowerpot with shovel head would been the better choice. Could order that from within the EU for nearly the same price
Qshop is not on fc unfortunately. Don't seem to be many qaromashop users here. You may have better luck on their Discord server or Reddit sub.

Personally I'd go for Taroma. I've been using q products for a year now and still prefer them over others.

minasch

I'm not an expert, but it looks like the Crossing and CH/Auber PIDs have the standard pinout. If that can be verified, I would go for one of those just so that you're not locked into one proprietary ecosystem and can add coils/heads freely. Otherwise I bet you'll be happy with any of those products, as they will all curl your toes. With the CH stuff, the B2 is built for dabs and flower, if that's your inclination.

It seems like they PIDs and coils are not compatible with each other unfortunately. That's why I'm sticking with the qshop PID so I'm not locked into a non-qshop PID/coil combination.

Pretty much the same thing except crossing does +5 increments instead of +1

Qshop is not on fc unfortunately. Don't seem to be many qaromashop users here. You may have better luck on their Discord server or Reddit sub.

Personally I'd go for Taroma. I've been using q products for a year now and still prefer them over others.

I'm already on their discord. Lots auf Informations there.
I stay with my taroma order.
Maybe I just pressed the buy button a little too quickly and was therefore again unsure.
I am extremely looking forward to the vape and hope very much that he still arrives next week.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It seems like they PIDs and coils are not compatible with each other unfortunately. That's why I'm sticking with the qshop PID so I'm not locked into a non-qshop PID/coil combination.
The qshop PID is the less popular pinout, but you can still use its coils with any head. Just have to be a bit more careful when shopping. You'll miss out on the excellent 710coils, for example.

Vasgas

I'm already on their discord. Lots auf Informations there.
I stay with my taroma order.
Maybe I just pressed the buy button a little too quickly and was therefore again unsure.
I am extremely looking forward to the vape and hope very much that he still arrives next week.
I also prefer the qshop PID. Definitely the more easily available pinout imo. You'll be good on their Discord. I've almost forgotten about this thread tbh and I was one of the early adopters

Vasgas,
Reactions: minasch

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Decided to unplug my B2 and plug back in my Quaroma head the other day…the B2 is still unplugged. I love the B2, but there is something about both the flavor and effect with the Q, you couldn’t go wrong with either, but I think I like my Q a bit more.

Oden

Qshop has released its first zircon ceramic model.
I prefer to wait and buy the original...

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Qshop has released its first zircon ceramic model.
I prefer to wait and buy the original...
Holy cow, they are not messing around. This appears to be a metal-free heater with zirconia screen baked in. I don't get why they are not showing that clearly. You can buy the housing alone and it is not cheap.
This is however a 19mm joint, as it uses a 20mm coil so it is a bigger boy.

Last edited:

Oden

Holy cow, they are not messing around. This appears to be a metal-free heater with zirconia screen baked in. I don't get why they are not showing that clearly. You can buy the housing alone and it is not cheap.
This is however a 19mm (?) joint, as it uses a 20mm coil so it is a bigger boy.
Yeah for those who like big bowls it's an alternative to the Z8.
And yes there is no metal screen.
Only ceramic!

Oden

$420 for the head without the rubies.
And overseas shipping costs are expensive at Qshop.
It's much less interesting than the Z8.

In his discord thread the fanboys already say that there are no other zirconia vaporizers, on which to extrapolate loool.
As if the Z8 hadn't already been released several months ago

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
People had been saying this was in the works since last year, after the Z8 release. I think it is great to have options, but they should credit Inverted and the Z8 too.

The Zaroma seems like a natural extension of the qshop model: a couple of types of heads in different materials.

Edited to add: I just read their Instagram post. That dental implant rationale is silly, imo.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

People had been saying this was in the works since last year, after the Z8 release. I think it is great to have options, but they should credit Inverted and the Z8 too.
It would be a courtesy. In any case it's a validation of the concept for those who need it and, ironically, supports the Z8 by making it the 'cheap' one in comparison.

goldfinger

Has anyone seen the 360? This looks legitimately brilliant in terms of design -
- I'm excited about this because it's really a neat innovation here. According to the users, it provides insanely even extraction and it hits phenomenally hard at low-ish temperatures thanks to the design of the bowl and head together.

Thought it would be worth mentioning, especially because it shows that there is more design space for these devices than I certainly thought.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Has anyone seen the 360? This looks legitimately brilliant in terms of design -
- I'm excited about this because it's really a neat innovation here. According to the users, it provides insanely even extraction and it hits phenomenally hard at low-ish temperatures thanks to the design of the bowl and head together.

Thought it would be worth mentioning, especially because it shows that there is more design space for these devices than I certainly thought.
I think the 360 looks very interesting. Probably hits like a high-powered BAKx.

Top Bottom