• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
There are actually volumes and volumes of safety data regarding the safety of this stuff at smelting temperatures (temperatures you can't dream of reaching with a PID) , and stringent safety standards in the metalworking industry.
The vapir prima had a brass chamber. Not $2gs though.

Custom Flower Hardware,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
We have a rule that says:
  • If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
That rule is there for a reason, so please don't post about material safety in a model thread (which this thread is).

Any further discussion about the safety of brass in this thread will be removed.

Thank you for your cooperation.

:peace:

checkyourlibido

I'm not buying it, but wow, I LOVE that they have the brass pieces. They look great in the pics. But in all of my experiences with brass, it looks way better in person.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Just some cheap 6mm jewelry stones off Amazon. The humid rig setup has been fantastic for this combo, I feel like I get thicker vapor at lower temps than I did when I ran it through water. That’s definitely anecdotal though.

ETA: just checked my Amazon, they are actually 8mm, claimed to be obsidian and amethyst but who knows.

Last edited:

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
1st time dab: had only seen it on video. In the beginning I vowed never to get into concentrates. Curiosity had me. Picked up “Sauce” & “Sugar“ for a Taroma double dipper. Man, it works incredibly well. Anyone else doing this with the T?

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Yo dawg, I heard you like terps on your terps. Lovin this Q!
Looking real pretty, very very Tasty ! Like the dropdown and the dry balls, looks cool as fuck(Combustion). How does it compare to your others?
First week using it i figured it was honeymoon period, second week thought i really should compare it to another vape or 3, week 3 i turn on other vapes, try a bowl, find the difference in taste interesting then turn it off and go back to the Qaroma.
It maybe psychosomatic but glass tastes and feels purer.
Bad point is that although I still want to want other vapes, I have to question why? I have the feeling i should save my money incase i break the Qaroma. (breakability and price being other bad points). (Also initial terror waiting for it to crack as it heats up. With no warranty, although i can understand why from some perspectives, and we take the same risk with our glass rigs,)
I have seen it said that it is not as hard hitting as the Taroma, but people should not be putting it in a sock and riding into battle with the Qaroma, ( A fray , Ruffurto ! ) it would break ! Putting the Taroma in a sock and swinging it wildly round your head should be developed into a form of self defense martial art for the stoned. (all of us?) So i will still need to aquire one.(or similar titanium lump)
I use marijuana for pain(instead of opiates) and inflamation, and the Qaroma hits plenty hard, and my dose has not increased . I found it needs almost the same temperatures as the Ceroma , i thought it would need lower temps as its less thermal mass, and it somehow works slightly differntly but i cant compare directly yet, got to wait to get a second coil. It will do short and hard or longer slower, but comlete extraction, black as you like with no combustion, and its very efficient with herb.
For me higher temperatures and a cold bowl seem to bring out the best taste, and works well for complete extraction. Although i can enjoy heatsoaked too.
Anyone else like their glass adaptor bowls cold for taste? (room temp cold,not from the fridge,havnt tried that yet?).
And Does qaromaShop tech work better with a big titanium Qshop bowl vs the boro' glass ?

Last edited:

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
I learned there’s holes in my socks…but as Les Plenty earlier advised, it‘s wise dedicating the Ti-head strictly for dab’n. Found a niche. Plus the Quartz head provides a fascinating cerebral effect blazing all day long. But this dab stuff has just struck-a-my-heart!

The Q bowls are both awesome achieving different effects. Ti-bowl gives a hard ass hybrid buzz as opposed to the glass that softens it. I think having a cold bowl in the start offers a more pure convection draw with little conduction interference. No science, just experience.

As Curious Gorilla mentioned wanting other vapes, that probably wears off with a refocus on bowls and profiles, lol.

Oden

Hello everyone.
I received a week ago my Qaroma (for flavor) and a Baroma XL for powerful hits.
Really couldn't be happier with these two 😂.
It's incredible. The flavor of Qaroma is unreal! I only have two vaporizers to compare, a P80 and a TM2 which are very popular on FC for their flavor. And I want to say that the Q HUGEly outperforms them in this category. The difference for me is amazing.
Qaroma is really perfect for weed, it's very pure and powerful.
I bought several different bowls and it's really cool to be able to vary the signatures and performance according to the bowls.

The Baroma XL is truly breathtaking too.
Less powerful than the Q in flavors but it remains tasty all the same and it hits harder than the Q!
According to my research these are the biggest hitter in the Qaromashop range currently and that's why I chose them.
Of course the bowl is huge lol!
I vaped 0.7 grams in one powerful hit. An incredible experience.
580 is the perfect temperature for me, 600-620 is very close to combustion.
With smaller quantities it works very well too.
0.15 and 0.25 works fine.
But bowls suitable for micro dosing would be really perfect with the BXL or the other XLs.
Qaroma will soon release new multi-purpose bowls.
I look forward.
So to sum up I finally found the vaporizers I was looking for for a long time.
I really don't need anything else besides other Q models 😂.
For the next model I'm going to get I'm hesitating with a titanium or stainless steel model.
According to other users, stainless steel would be more efficient for them.
There is a new model coming soon, the Zirconia Zeroma.
It should also be very nice like the others I imagine 😂

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I mean, in the grand scheme I’m sure nothing will ever cure my VAS, but I certainly find far less haste (as in near none) since my Q arrived. I find it fantastic at lowering my temps, I’m down to 525 and if I give it a solid rip I can still blacken the ABV. Normal draw rate provides a healthy cloud of the most delicious vapor I have found, and leaves the bowl lightly toasted on top. I suppose my bowl is almost always near room temp, I didn’t realize anyone was heat soaking the bowl, interested to hear if/what that does.

The effect feels more cerebral to me than any of my other standard devices; not as much as I get from bags but closer to bags for me than any of my others. Everything about this little guy, flavor, effect, ritual, appearance, ease of use; it is going to take a pretty special device to knock this one off the end game pedestal for me.

Oden

I mean, in the grand scheme I’m sure nothing will ever cure my VAS, but I certainly find far less haste (as in near none) since my Q arrived. I find it fantastic at lowering my temps, I’m down to 525 and if I give it a solid rip I can still blacken the ABV. Normal draw rate provides a healthy cloud of the most delicious vapor I have found, and leaves the bowl lightly toasted on top. I suppose my bowl is almost always near room temp, I didn’t realize anyone was heat soaking the bowl, interested to hear if/what that does.

The effect feels more cerebral to me than any of my other standard devices; not as much as I get from bags but closer to bags for me than any of my others. Everything about this little guy, flavor, effect, ritual, appearance, ease of use; it is going to take a pretty special device to knock this one off the end game pedestal for me.

To vary the pleasures I bought their different bowls.
Ceramic and titanium, and I often preheat them with my head before loading my weed into the bowl.
The advantage of this method is to provide convection!
The successes are different than with glass bowls, and that's what's good.
Bigger hits, and the effects are different too.
So it allows you to vary the use of these vapes 😍.

With a Ti bowl for example, it takes about 90 seconds more or less depending on the ambient temperature. You put your head on the bowl and the PID temperature drops about 25-30 degrees, then goes back up, overshoots a bit and stabilizes. Then you load up your bowl and hit right away or wait 10-20 seconds for more conduction.
With the ceramic bowl it is also effective, but it takes much longer to cool.

What the ceramic bowl does REALLY well is give an even, dark roast from top to bottom on loads up to twice as large as what I usually use, without stirring lol.
With or without the preheating technique.
For glass bowls with the Qaroma I haven't tested that yet.
It will come !

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Looks like NewVape finally have competition....

I would love a quartz version of the Taroma Lite .... so I can use it with a torch. I don't want electrical devices. Somebody make it so!!!!

Curious Gorilla

@Timps27 and @Oden
Thankyou, you have altered the direction of my V.A.S.
@Haze Mister - Make a plain metal dummy coil from mild steel(it is non toxic) to fit the qaroma with an insulated handle, and make a small kiln with heatbricks to fit the qaroma in , with sand in a suitable container to rest it on inside the kiln. aim the torch (in a stand) above where the injector head sits to prevent overheating it or causing soot on it.
I am not about to try it and see. I am in no way, shape or form recommending this. See the last statement on my signature. Although it could in theory work......
At least the mild steel coil part, if you designed it right may transfere enough heat to the quartz as you heated the metal, quartz is actualy a pretty good insulator but it holds heat well, you really want a Ruby injector head for that.
At least, I want a ruby injector head... The Ruroma... or in blue, the Saphroma.
Corundum( Ruby or Sapphire) would work better than zirconium. Heat profile of Zirc. is close to boro' and quartz, zirconium is tougher than quartz tho...
Even better a Silicone Carbide ceramic one. With black buttons on that lights up a black LED.....
Fuck. got V.A.S. again.
V.A.S. for a Ruby injector head.... At least its unatainable enough i dont have to worry about the missus killing me.....

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
@Timps27 and @Oden
Thankyou, you have altered the direction of my V.A.S.
@Haze Mister - Make a plain metal dummy coil from mild steel(it is non toxic) to fit the qaroma with an insulated handle, and make a small kiln with heatbricks to fit the qaroma in , with sand in a suitable container to rest it on inside the kiln. aim the torch (in a stand) above where the injector head sits to prevent overheating it or causing soot on it.

Yes of course, the problem is that the double jacket design is very inefficient for torching as it would take a lot of gas to get the rubies hot... that's why I want a Lite version as it has less mass to heat up. I know the heat retention will be enough to clear a bowl anyway, even without the lid on.

as for picking the thing up, just a piece of silicone tube or silicone lined grips will do... I just torch my borosilicate piece when it is already sitting on the loaded bowl anyway. Never gets stuck as it doesn't expand like metals.

Last edited:
Haze Mister,

Hippie

Make yourself a Sand Castle Vapor Wand :tup:
Or there's the Elev8R ?
And a few things like Rogue Wax Works creations

Quite coincidentally I've actually been using the Elev8R and SCVW on the qaroma dimpled bowl tonight

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Make yourself a Sand Castle Vapor Wand :tup:
Or there's the Elev8R ?
And a few things like Rogue Wax Works creations

Quite coincidentally I've actually been using the Elev8R and SCVW on the qaroma dimpled bowl tonight

I'm already at least one step ahead of those designs but still missing a metal-free heater that i can torch efficiently! I have been doing a good bit of testing in the last 3 years and I believe I have the optimal design for the best, prettiest, purest and nicest to use vaporizer everrrrrrrrrrr!!! :ko:
For now, something like the Qaroma XL without the outer jacket will probably do....

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Timps27

Oden

I'm already at least one step ahead of those designs but still missing a metal-free heater that i can torch efficiently! I have been doing a good bit of testing in the last 3 years and I believe I have the optimal design for the best, prettiest, purest and nicest to use vaporizer everrrrrrrrrrr!!! :ko:
For now, something like the Qaroma XL without the outer jacket will probably do....

I'll buy you one if you keep your promises hahaha.
Do you focus only on mechanical functioning?
Or if you manage to make this vaporizer a reality one day, its heating could be electric?

I don't have much experience with vaporizers, but the Qaroma is really recommendable.
It's probably not the best vaporizer of all time, but I really like its versatility.
Pure is powerful it's awesome.
It offers me very cerebral and long lasting effects. It's perfect for daytime use.
When I have no plan, or when insomnia bothers me, I take out the BaromaXL 😂.
The beast 😱.
With it, it's better not to have a few things planned to do after using it lol.
I am really intrigued by the future Zeroma which will be in zirconia.
It's rare.
I am waiting to be able to order the InVersion 1.8 which will also be in zirconia, that said.

Oden,
Reactions: Timps27

Curious Gorilla

take a solid 19 mm Corundum/ruby bar about 7.5 cm long, give it a short 18mm joint at 1 end, drill a bunch of 2mm holes all the way through along its length. toRch it till toasty hot, place in adaptor bowl of herb, inhale, exhale, check for an ounce in the mail..... (thoroughly wash off all dust before use.) It wont crack the adaptor bowl from expansion as long as its not heated in place. even then it might not.
Job done. The raw materials are not so expensive to make it impossible, its more how hard it is to work corundum and internal stresses in large pieces. Its why the boules are normaly split. newer techniques might have overcome this.
You could also use a thinner rod of corundum stuck in an 18mm glass joint tube full of balls. stickin out the end so as you heat the rod it heats the balls and tube from the inside,you would also heat the boro' tube directly. If you used it on its side, kept it static and brought the adaptor to it you could use a lower power flame(candles?) to heat it perpetualy. If you size the tube,balls and rod correctly the rod would hold the balls in place in the tube if the tube end is flame polished and has a lip. Only issue then is what holds the ruby rod in place. Apart from gravity.Or titanium wire.

Last edited:
Curious Gorilla,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I fire directly at the borosilicate (without letting the intense part of the flame touch the glass)... i think the gems inside soak up the heat and help delay the inevitable.. But even with cheap chinese borosilicate, longevity is more than a year of daily use... with careful torching using the Dynavap method of constantly rotating the piece by holding the base of the bowl as it sits on the bubbler. (or rotating the entire bubbler)
Borosilicate may be the best material for the enclosure as it transfers heat to the stones rapidly without tainting the flavour. I rigged up a quartz piece too (alas, with ss screen), but I don't use it as it is too thick, and hence takes more gas but the extra heat retention it provides is not needed.

When torching there are ways to gauge how much to heat the piece so you don't combust- - you also need to watch the vaporization process by keeping an eye on the density of vapor in your glass piece, and adjust your inhaling accordingly. As such it forces you to focus on what you are doing and punishes thoughtless use with combustion... Which is good as I believe using cannabis as casually as people smoke cigarettes is not good.
It takes some learning but once you got it dialled in, it is insanely satisfying. Surfing just below the limits of combustion with the full flavor of your flower in your mouth is the ultimate cannabis vapor experience! :ko: I believe it is superior to coils not just in terms of perfomance but also the general feel of no wires or electrical devices....just a torch and your glass and gemstones ....

The trick in designing a good ball vape for torching is in the combination of the size and shape of the heater, airflow, thermal mass, and airpath complexity - which all determine how quickly the piece gets up to heat, how efficiently it heats the air flowing through it and how long it keeps doing it for .... Drilling straight tunnels through any solid material is not going to be anywhere near as effective as sending the air through a labyrinth of hot stones.

What holds the gems in place is indeed the issue. . . the search for a suitable piece without a metal screen is what brought me here!

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Top Bottom