• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

goldfinger

To add to this convo-- I'm running a stretched coil that formerly lived in a B1. Came from CH originally and I didn't modify it when changing setups, just unscrewed one and screwed on the other. All 3mm rubies in the 2.0 vs mixtures of 3/4 in my B1 and my B2.

I'm running it at 600 even and it's never come too close to combusting but it is very capable of the dark roast at that temperature.

The craziest thing about this setup though is it never seems to stop finding more vapor in my bowl even when I think there's none. And to top that, if I don't heat soak the bowl before I start, I can legit just rip this thing as hard as my lungs will allow and it stays light brown while producing endless vapor. It's like I found some glitch in the matrix. Makes no sense but it also makes me higher than a fucking kite so probably most of my observations at that point feel like they make no sense.

Final thing I will say is I was pretty convinced that my tolerance was over the moon and there was just no way I would get stoned again without a serious T-break in my future. This thing smashed right through that :uhh: it's honestly kinda freaking me out

Kay like - the same thing happens to me? I keep my temps high as hell, and my ABV is super dark, but I feel like I can produce a -lot- of vapour, and even moreso if I stir around like a lunatic.

Recent discussion here gave me the impetus to finally re-wire the High5 to MiniNail converter to run my Ceroma (with a CH coil). Last night I fired him up to 650 and promptly totally cherried in my HR bowl and fresh clean glass. Put me off for the night.

Today I read a bit more here and decided to give my coil a stretch and dial the temp back. At 585 I can slowly pull (using a glass bowl this time to monitor) some seriously thick and delicious vapor. I couldn’t imagine a Teroma XL, because this little guy is full on rocket ship!

That is legit mad science lol. I'd feel so weird with that octopus of wires on the go.

These newly marketed thermal transfer devices may be “it” when it comes to THC extraction. At least that was our thought after the Hot Rod. It’s hard to imagine getting more out of the bud than some of the ballers. Now we are seeing the makers going to war offering price reductions. And that is always good for us Users.

The Qaroma product line is now part of my daily allowing several combinations of injectors and bowls. I had begun my baller space with the Hot Rod, added SSV43, balled a LSV, then Pinky. I was going backwards until I tried my friends FP B1 and was excitedly ready to order. But, I continued seeing similars to the B-1 pkg. and made the move into the Qaroma Family. The support is great, and that had to be a part of the equation. Also the injector head & bowl options made it ideal piecemeal for the VAS professional!

I had never imagined putting my custom ballers into retirement, but the Qaroma pkg has taken over. I plan to add one of the XL pkgs. for the Grand Slam!

The porcelain cup holder has been great simultaneously housing two 20mm injector heads fitting them in side by side using both slots. Looks awesome. A helicopter pad set up!

The most effective so far has been the Taroma w/ the optional titanium bowl. I think the Taroma XL pkg I includes the Ti-bowl. Ohhhhhboy, bubblegum and cotton candy!

Sent from my iPad

I kind of feel like the space to grow is in form factor and in materials used. Regarding the form factor, I feel like these units have a bit of a "yikes" factor that would inhibit their ability to infiltrate a market. They kind of look like a mix between a gross druggy tool and a mad science experiment. The Hot Rod is a good example of a decently-marketable form factor, IMO - nice wood trim, self-contained footprint that comes back together for storage, simple controls that aren't too industrial, and so on. I love my Taroma, but the setup looks so funny/industrial. My wife was cracking jokes while I was using mine, saying I looked like some geeky science kid from an 80s movie.

Materials used seems like an interesting exploration, because that would require a lot of rigorous work in terms of research, testing, practical application, and so on. I saw that one guy was working on a zirconia unit. I wonder if there is a theoretical unit that pumps out as much as titanium but has the same flavour properties as glass.

If you asked me to try and make the next big, market breakthrough, I'd focus on point 1, and only dive into point 2 if it compliments point 1. I think that a unit that took on a more elegant look and targeted a "low-premium" price point (maybe a price comparable to a mighty+ or a Tinymight) would eat up some market share.

coolbreeze

one guy was working on a zirconia unit. I wonder if there is a theoretical unit that pumps out as much as titanium but has the same flavour properties as glass.
My understanding is that zirconia design is what you're describing, with its injector at 14mm for max efficiency with normal-sized hits, with the additional capacity to roast much larger amounts as desired. Looks like state of the art.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, I agree generally with your points (love my hot Rod) and would suggest the Cloud Connoisseur injectors. They are gorgeous! He was already turning beautiful handles and so forth when he began this venture so it seems like he just continued right down that path and created his own niche, really. I guess others feel squeezed by price competition, and/or like the utilitarian aesthetics.

To sorta return to topic, these kind of do some of both: they mount the heads with the coil inside as an apparent/actual nod toward safety, and I think the stand and handle complete a cost-competitive package with some safety and aesthetic appeal. It's for mad scientists with flair!

Last edited:

goldfinger

I just ordered a Taroma Lite kit.

Very excited to try it...not so much about the customs and tax part.
Also shipping is the highest I paid ever.

Anyone has experience with Taroma Lite?
I don't, but I'd honestly recommend joining the Qaromashop discord. Lots of users there, lots of tips, and lots of enthusiasm.

For what it's worth, people are absolutely bonkers over the lite. They seem to love it. I swear there is more excitement for the lite than the 2.0 lol.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Now available in Australia...and being from an Australian distributor, you get 12 months warranty by law...one of the last reasons I was not considering a Taroma (plus the prohibitive postage costs)
Plus there is an opening sale...who does not like freebies and a discount?

dimmusp

Kay like - the same thing happens to me? I keep my temps high as hell, and my ABV is super dark, but I feel like I can produce a -lot- of vapour, and even moreso if I stir around like a lunatic.

That is legit mad science lol. I'd feel so weird with that octopus of wires on the go.

I kind of feel like the space to grow is in form factor and in materials used. Regarding the form factor, I feel like these units have a bit of a "yikes" factor that would inhibit their ability to infiltrate a market. They kind of look like a mix between a gross druggy tool and a mad science experiment. The Hot Rod is a good example of a decently-marketable form factor, IMO - nice wood trim, self-contained footprint that comes back together for storage, simple controls that aren't too industrial, and so on. I love my Taroma, but the setup looks so funny/industrial. My wife was cracking jokes while I was using mine, saying I looked like some geeky science kid from an 80s movie.

Materials used seems like an interesting exploration, because that would require a lot of rigorous work in terms of research, testing, practical application, and so on. I saw that one guy was working on a zirconia unit. I wonder if there is a theoretical unit that pumps out as much as titanium but has the same flavour properties as glass.

If you asked me to try and make the next big, market breakthrough, I'd focus on point 1, and only dive into point 2 if it compliments point 1. I think that a unit that took on a more elegant look and targeted a "low-premium" price point (maybe a price comparable to a mighty+ or a Tinymight) would eat up some market share.
What you're describing sounds like the Herborizer Ti, except that it doesn't use balls.

goldfinger

Now available in Australia...and being from an Australian distributor, you get 12 months warranty by law...one of the last reasons I was not considering a Taroma (plus the prohibitive postage costs)
Plus there is an opening sale...who does not like freebies and a discount?
The dude also went through all of the burdens of getting the units certified in Australia, which is insane. It looks like the Taroma kits come with a free titanium bowl which is a smoking deal, IMO.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The dude also went through all of the burdens of getting the units certified in Australia,
And I have worked out, charges accordingly.
It is much cheaper for me in Australia to buy from Malaysia...about AU$200 cheaper for me to get a full Taroma kit from the manufacturer...that is way too much higher just to get 12 months warranty...oh well.
It looks like the Taroma kits come with a free titanium bowl which is a smoking deal
Still cheaper to buy from the manufacturer.

MDude

Just for info, I ordered Taroma lite from the Qaroma store to EU and got 185 € tax, customs and fee for the carrier (TNT) - that is almost half the price of Taroma lite + shipping (55€) = 425€; the highest price I ever paid for shipping and taxes/customs.

Last edited:

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Zirconia sounds interesting? Hope to hear more once the Zirconia's are checked out.
I've tried 3mm and/or 4mm: rubies, ti, 99.9%cu, SiC & soda glsss. The copper & sic run similar heat up and retention, having more consistency. Able to shut off PID and still sesh awhile 🤪.
Thank you GOLDFINGER, I've a new mission to find those 3mm Zircs and give it a shot!

Quest

I’m gonna ask in the “AskFC” area, but figures I’d try here for more specifics. Has anyone tried Zirconia balls in these specific units? Any comparison to rubies?
I just swapped out the 3mm rubies in my Qaroma for 3mm CZ. I’ve been able to drop my temps about 10-15 degrees. I feel like I get just a smidge more flavor, but nothing dramatic. I didn’t count them but it seems to hold more CZ probably due to the shape allowing a more dense packing, less voids.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I really want to grab a Qaroma to compliment my Ceroma, just hate that shipping charge! It’s not terrible if you buy a full kit or a big order, but piecing things out the shipping feels like so much!

I haven’t touched my HR since I found a temp I like on my Ceroma…

Top Bottom