Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Gnemesis

What temps are you guys running your Qaromas at? I've been experimenting from 666-700, and while I'm getting *massive* tasty rips, my ABV seems VERY light compared to what I see from my Mighty+, let alone my Dynas.

Gnemesis,

Gnemesis

so I'm running my taroma v2 at 650-666f, but keep in mind taroma/ceroma temps are always lower compared to the qaroma - so add like 30-50f and you should be good. if your weed is equally as close as in my bowl.
I actually recorded this setup a few months ago: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/835030505942417408/954687709430042654/swirls.mp4
That load looks very much like mine; I coarse grind so as to pass as little through the glass screen as possible, and I'd say filled about as deep. I'm using the short bowl from QS, however. I had been going at 666F, and have since tried a couple at 700. Got LOTS of research to do, of course... but I'm leaning in the direction of ~680, at least with the MAC I'm vaping at the moment. I imagine temps willl vary with herb RH, grind and other factors. I'm hoping to get other input and sort of average out others' experiences.

I REALLY appreciate the forum here, and the willing help.

Gnemesis,

goldfinger

I'm hemming and hawing between this and the Freight Train - if I were to order this, what bowl should I include? Swampys only has the 18mm bowls left, so it's between the short and long of that. What's the use case between the short and long bowls?

Also, there seems to be a bit of shade around this thread, which kind of freaks me out about the prospect of a purchase. I've seen this come highly recommended, but it's a huge purchase so any bit of uncertainty is scary.

Bigcountryx

I'm hemming and hawing between this and the Freight Train - if I were to order this, what bowl should I include? Swampys only has the 18mm bowls left, so it's between the short and long of that. What's the use case between the short and long bowls?

Also, there seems to be a bit of shade around this thread, which kind of freaks me out about the prospect of a purchase. I've seen this come highly recommended, but it's a huge purchase so any bit of uncertainty is scary.
The short bowl is where it's at! Having the herb closer to the heater is going to give you better results at lower temperatures.

I think most of the shade is coming from a select group of people, but I highly recommend any of the qaromashop lineup! I have the stainless steel versions in place of the titanium lineup, as I can't tolerate the titanium, as well as the rest of the lineup and they are my go to devices for whatever need I might have.

Vasgas

I'd join their Discord. Its pretty active and you should receive some good advice. Don't be worried about the shade lol. I haven't found a better desktop than the qaromashop line.

If you have the ability to shave off the freight train joint, it wouldn't be the worst choice frankly

goldfinger

The short bowl is where it's at! Having the herb closer to the heater is going to give you better results at lower temperatures.

I think most of the shade is coming from a select group of people, but I highly recommend any of the qaromashop lineup! I have the stainless steel versions in place of the titanium lineup, as I can't tolerate the titanium, as well as the rest of the lineup and they are my go to devices for whatever need I might have.
Why is that? What does the Titanium do to you that stainless steel doesn't? Is titanium too hot or something?

Bigcountryx

Why is that? What does the Titanium do to you that stainless steel doesn't? Is titanium too hot or something?
It causes an irritation in my throat that lasts for an extended period of time, 12+ hours. I did some extensive trials to determine that it was the titanium causing it, eliminated my expensive French device from my lineup, and haven't had an issue since.

And I second the recommendation to join us on the Discord for more in depth information and interaction!

Keir

my short glass is weird, it doesn't seem to be the correct shape so the injector heads don't sit in it properly.

Keir,

Bigcountryx

my short glass is weird, it doesn't seem to be the correct shape so the injector heads don't sit in it properly.
Which heads out of curiosity? The bowl could definitely be misshapen, it does happen, I received one that I could darn near use around the corner due to its bend. I contacted the distributor I purchased it from, and they are sending out a replacement as soon as they receive the restock. Have you contacted whichever place you ordered from?

Bigcountryx,
Reactions: Vitolo

Keir

on Ti and ceroma
it was months ago now, can't be bothered with it tbh. I only ordered it as I smashed the little handle off the long bowl.

Keir,
  • Haha
Reactions: Vasgas

goldfinger

Just hanging around on the discord, I'm seeing that misshapen bowls is something of a common-ish issue? Does the device still work with misshapen bowls? I'd hate to have to stare at a non-working device for as long as I'd have to wait for a replacement lol.

goldfinger,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

Vasgas

Just hanging around on the discord, I'm seeing that misshapen bowls is something of a common-ish issue?
I've been on the Discord for a while and only remember one mention of mishapen bowls. For something handmade, thats actually a pretty low defective rate. Compare that to my dhgate purchases and you'll definitely appreciate qaromashop fr.

Keir

There's an air hole/gap so it doesn't heat as good, you can get it to work with a but if twisting and turning. depends on how bad it is tbh

Keir,
Reactions: Vitolo

I've had my Ceroma since April and I'm still loving it. I've gotten a lot of good advice and support on using it from the Discord.

goldfinger

I ended up ordering the Taroma 2.0. With the bowl issue, I just emailed Swampy and told him to give the bowls a look to make sure everything fits right. He said he would, and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow per tracking (ordered on Monday night).

It's been a good experience so far. Let's hope it continues!

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Being new to the PID/coil/opt head gear and so...I took a shot at the Qaroma line-up and it's been a home run. Gone from 1oz/month - 2/mo. It's been great relief allowing to back off a little from the Pharms. 😊

Texus

There's an air hole/gap so it doesn't heat as good, you can get it to work with a but if twisting and turning. depends on how bad it is tbh
I suspect that is the problem with my Qaroma, which never lived up to the performance I expected. Just didn't milk like other injectors. Yes, it is never gonna be Taroma or even Ceroma level, but just never any real luck at all with that alluring "all glass airpath"

goldfinger

So, how do you like your ball-vape adventure so far? Happy to see you ended up with some great gear!
It whips ass. It's in a league of its own in terms of pulling vapour. It's also incredibly clean-tasting and convenient in its own way. Being able to just clean a bowl instead of pulling apart a cooling unit is nice, and it's very load-and-go once you get your jazz heated up. I worry it could skyrocket a person's tolerance because of the ability to just chain usage.

I'm still feeling my way around the room a little bit in terms of load sizes, temperatures, how much I actually take in, and so on. I don't know if you've picked this up, but I'm pretty careful, and with a new unit, I'm more apt to land with "not enough" over "too much" so I've been feeling out my dosage with smaller, careful hits and small bowls lol. Mind you I was able to actually spend some time with it last night and I got completely launched lol, so there's that.

coolbreeze

I worry it could skyrocket a person's tolerance because of the ability to just chain usage.
Indeed.
I'm more apt to land with "not enough" over "too much" so I've been feeling out my dosage with smaller, careful hits and small bowls lol
Good approach. I think it also demonstrates for you that you can also use it quite well with small loads or even small hits, whereas jumping right in and using it near capacity without experimenting may make it seem unsuitable for light use, but now you know!

I got completely launched
Ah, sweet success!

Sounds like you are having fun with it and have made a great decision! Did you get and try out the Ceroma head, too?

coolbreeze,

goldfinger

Indeed.

Good approach. I think it also demonstrates for you that you can also use it quite well with small loads or even small hits, whereas jumping right in and using it near capacity without experimenting may make it seem unsuitable for light use, but now you know!

Ah, sweet success!

Sounds like you are having fun with it and have made a great decision! Did you get and try out the Ceroma head, too?

I did not, yet. Legit, last night was the first night that I could really sit down with the unit. I'll probably be futzing with it for a long while before I move on to the Ceroma.

To springboard off of your other point - the unit is so modular that it really fits all necessary uses. Like, I choose how many scoops go into it and I choose the temperature. It feels like a one-size-fits-all device due to the options it presents. The only thing it can't do is move around the house.

goldfinger,
Reactions: Vasgas

coolbreeze

I did not, yet. Legit, last night was the first night that I could really sit down with the unit. I'll probably be futzing with it for a long while before I move on to the Ceroma.

To springboard off of your other point - the unit is so modular that it really fits all necessary uses. Like, I choose how many scoops go into it and I choose the temperature. It feels like a one-size-fits-all device due to the options it presents. The only thing it can't do is move around the house.
Lol. I wonder if you could build like a Taroma backpack...

I know you were kidding but seriously, people do build carts to move their setups around the house. I use an old serving tray to move my Hot Rod and Couch Log setups around the house.

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom