• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Gnemesis

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the PID. It's a standard PID. Performs just lke any other.
As for flavor, yeah the Qaroma is definitely "it" for me, by a long shot. For context I also use a MiniVAP and a EVO.

The guy complaining above got his stuff from a UK distributor that swaps in their own (admittedly cheap looking) PIDs and coils, so don't blame QS for that stuff.
If you're ordering from Swampy you won't have those issues, guaranteed.
Thanks! Now I just need there to be one to buy...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the PID. It's a standard PID. Performs just lke any other.
As for flavor, yeah the Qaroma is definitely "it" for me, by a long shot. For context I also use a MiniVAP and a EVO.

The guy complaining above got his stuff from a UK distributor that swaps in their own (admittedly cheap looking) PIDs and coils, so don't blame QS for that stuff.
If you're ordering from Swampy you won't have those issues, guaranteed.
While I'm showing off my noob cred, how long does the Qaroma take to get to temp from a cold start?

farmerpalmersnt

Actually yes, I hadn't noticed that. They do differ. However a PID is a PID pretty much. There's no problem with the one supplied at all and I wouldn't swap it out, just that it's part of what to factor in cost wise when you are deciding if the whole thing is value for money.

This setup cost me £305 or thereabouts. PIDs with coil like this are about £80, handle £10. So you pay £210 for a hassle free all glass enclosed threaded bit of glasswork. As there are no cheaper alternatives of this quality with its USPs I'm prepared to pay it.

The question really is if you want the hassle of the wires. Personally I hate coils and PIDs. It's cumbersome for me, but I'm prepared to live with it given that this is genuinely the best vaping experience I've ever had.

Gnemesis

Actually yes, I hadn't noticed that. They do differ. However a PID is a PID pretty much. There's no problem with the one supplied at all and I wouldn't swap it out, just that it's part of what to factor in cost wise when you are deciding if the whole thing is value for money.

This setup cost me £305 or thereabouts. PIDs with coil like this are about £80, handle £10. So you pay £210 for a hassle free all glass enclosed threaded bit of glasswork. As there are no cheaper alternatives of this quality with its USPs I'm prepared to pay it.

The question really is if you want the hassle of the wires. Personally I hate coils and PIDs. It's cumbersome for me, but I'm prepared to live with it given that this is genuinely the best vaping experience I've ever had.
Thanks for the detailed reply! My need for this device is not lessening. ;)

Gnemesis

Anyone know if the CH Shovelhead works with Qaroma or Ceroma? I'm trying to eliminate the pesky glass bowl altogether...
Could I ask why? I'm waiting on a Qaroma, and ordered the glass ones. What do you find pesky about them?

Gnemesis,

farmerpalmersnt

I'm going to try putting a section of chunky high temp silicone hose reducer round mine. See if it works to provide a bit of protection from bumps and knocks or sudden temp changes.

farmerpalmersnt,

Lasker

Just some feedback on my recent Qaromashop experience.

I recently bought a Taroma 2.0 and a Ceroma in the UK, and as devices I have to say they're pretty fantastic (although I've never used any CH stuff) - there can be some very minor flaws to get over which does sting a bit (especially with the £135 Taroma head) but they're mainly cosmetic, and the creator initially seems very amicable and like the type of person you want to support and see succeed so it's really very easy to disregard these.

However, I had a conversation recently with the creator after he specifically asked for details on what I'd said was a "sub-optimal" shopping experience with one of his distributors and the resultant conversation was really quite passive aggressive and rude - with him accusing me of wasting his time, creating drama and playing games. As a result I can't really stand by Qaromashop as a manufacturer any more.

I read this thread extensively when I was making the decision whether or not to buy Qaromashop, noting the concerns around price vs. quality and the lack of warranty or returns, and the repsonsiveness of the creator when I first contacted him immediately allayed all of those concerns and gave me the confidence to buy. Had I known that I'd be made to feel subhuman upon making contact I'd specifically been requested to do so, I definitely wouldn't have made my purchase and I don't intend to give any more of my money to Qaromashop. I'd advise anybody who is worried about manufacturer support to take this in to account. However, if you're willing to take the risk on no warranty or returns and having your day completely ruined by trying to interact with the creator - definitely give this vape a go.

*Edit - changed "after sales service" to "manufacturer support"

Esquire

Could I ask why? I'm waiting on a Qaroma, and ordered the glass ones. What do you find pesky about them?
Not a fan of the Q bowls because the metal screens are not held in by glass dimples. Q is working on designing these. The Elev8r bowl is much better, but unless there is a trick that I don't know about, I have a really hard time replacing the screens in the Elev8r bowls. Any help here would be appreciated.

Esquire,

Gnemesis

Not a fan of the Q bowls because the metal screens are not held in by glass dimples. Q is working on designing these. The Elev8r bowl is much better, but unless there is a trick that I don't know about, I have a really hard time replacing the screens in the Elev8r bowls. Any help here would be appreciated.
Hmmm... I was under the impression the bowls had a glass "screen", no metal in the airpath at all... I'm speaking of the Qaroma, now. Different bowls maybe?

Gnemesis,

Bigcountryx

Hmmm... I was under the impression the bowls had a glass "screen", no metal in the airpath at all... I'm speaking of the Qaroma, now. Different bowls maybe?
The bowls do all have glass screens, it's just a lot of users prefer the metal screen, so we place one on top of the glass screen. And for some odd reason, the metal screens fall out when he's dumping his abv. There must be the slightest of variance to his that's allowing it to happen.

Bigcountryx,
Reactions: Gnemesis

Keir

In an atempt to get back on track, I've got the

Taroma and Ceroma, I'm really struggling to get the right temp on the Ti head. don't get a lot of vapor and AVB is dark.

Ceroma seems easier to dial in but I like the look of the Ti head better.

Any tips?

Bigcountryx

Taroma and Ceroma, I'm really struggling to get the right temp on the Ti head. don't get a lot of vapor and AVB is dark.

Any tips?
Are you using them each with a dedicated coil, or are you swapping them back and forth? Also which bowl are you using? How much material are you loading? Type of grind? All small factors that can play a role in your vapor production.

Bigcountryx,
Reactions: Vasgas

monochord71

Any tips?
The Taroma really benefits from having the coil fitting tightly. In my opinion it also performs best when the balls are packed more tightly than what the Ceroma requires.
It would help to know if you’re using the V2 or original Taroma.

For me around 675-685 is optimal with the Taroma v2, depending on the bong in use.

monochord71,
Reactions: Vasgas

Esquire

The Taroma really benefits from having the coil fitting tightly. In my opinion it also performs best when the balls are packed more tightly than what the Ceroma requires.

For me around 675-685 is optimal with the Taroma v2, depending on the bong in use.
Is coil fit important? If it is, then I need to adjust on my ceroma. It feels fairly loose.

Esquire,

Quest

So just let the coil cool and then try and tighten the outer ring with my hand?
So just let the coil cool and then try and tighten the outer ring with my hand?
Take a thin blade screwdriver and slip between the wrapping of the coil and slightly twist the screwdriver to give some separation to the wraps. Test the fit in your heater head and repeat between another two wraps if necessary. Repeat as needed. It helped reduce the operating temp for my Ceroma by about 100F

Keir

Are you using them each with a dedicated coil, or are you swapping them back and forth? Also which bowl are you using? How much material are you loading? Type of grind? All small factors that can play a role in your vapor production.
ooh I'll deffinatly try this.
Mines V1, using the short glass bowl. I normally fill (medium grind) to about 1cm then tamp it so it's flat.

Vasgas

ooh I'll deffinatly try this.
Mines V1, using the short glass bowl. I normally fill (medium grind) to about 1cm then tamp it so it's flat.

Any tips?
Try a bowl without tamp. Too much tamp can cause what you described

checkyourlibido

Just some feedback on my recent Qaromashop experience.

I recently bought a Taroma 2.0 and a Ceroma in the UK, and as devices I have to say they're pretty fantastic (although I've never used any CH stuff) - there can be some very minor flaws to get over which does sting a bit (especially with the £135 Taroma head) but they're mainly cosmetic, and the creator initially seems very amicable and like the type of person you want to support and see succeed so it's really very easy to disregard these.

However, I had a conversation recently with the creator after he specifically asked for details on what I'd said was a "sub-optimal" shopping experience with one of his distributors and the resultant conversation was really quite passive aggressive and rude - with him accusing me of wasting his time, creating drama and playing games. As a result I can't really stand by Qaromashop as a manufacturer any more.

I read this thread extensively when I was making the decision whether or not to buy Qaromashop, noting the concerns around price vs. quality and the lack of warranty or returns, and the repsonsiveness of the creator when I first contacted him immediately allayed all of those concerns and gave me the confidence to buy. Had I known that I'd be made to feel subhuman upon making contact I'd specifically been requested to do so, I definitely wouldn't have made my purchase and I don't intend to give any more of my money to Qaromashop. I'd advise anybody who is worried about manufacturer support to take this in to account. However, if you're willing to take the risk on no warranty or returns and having your day completely ruined by trying to interact with the creator - definitely give this vape a go.

*Edit - changed "after sales service" to "manufacturer support"
For transparency, I don’t currently have any of the devices from this thread. I currently have a B1. While a warranty is nice, it may not matter much with these types of devices. If it works when you get it, it is easy to replace anything that might fail.

Either way, I’m sorry you had a bad experience. It seems like it’s not a common occurrence, hopefully someone was just having a bad day

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Gnemesis
Top Bottom