• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

monochord71

I feel like a portion of your frustration stems from the bowls, and - don’t take this the wrong way - to me that’s a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water, especially when several solutions and alternatives were proposed.

As for the form factor, i can understand that. I avoided this type of device as long as possible, myself. Hell i felt the same way about torches!
But another topic you brought up elsewhere - that there were no printed instructions with the PID - I don’t think any comparable devices come with that. All the peripherals are priced comparably (or lower) than other similar devices barring the DIY stuff.
Comparison to S&B products? A company recently acquired by a corporate giant and having the budget to include glossy card stock manuals in five languages? I think we have vastly different expectations!

monochord71,
Reactions: Vasgas

Esquire

You're quoting Swampy prices in Canadian. A kit on qshop is way less like 370+ usd. Coil is like 33 and pid 85. It is the only full quartz heater I've seen anywhere. I think extra care to prevent damage is only reasonable. I don't take any offense to your post too. I do agree with the bowl and screens but it doesn't really bother me as much.

I remember you. Didn't you buy a Qaroma head and blamed qshop when your 3 wrap coil didn't fit? What $500? What qaroma revision? There is only a revision for Taroma. This is a whole new level of butthurt. Lose some hate buddy :lol:
I'm not quoting Swampy prices in Canadian. The price I paid was in USD. Swampy has a setting that allows you to switch everything to USD. My order was $492 USD. I was going to try to upload a picture of my order, but FC apparently does not allow for the uploading of attachments?

As far as your other comment, I think you are directing it to another user.

I feel like a portion of your frustration stems from the bowls, and - don’t take this the wrong way - to me that’s a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water, especially when several solutions and alternatives were proposed.

As for the form factor, i can understand that. I avoided this type of device as long as possible, myself. Hell i felt the same way about torches!
But another topic you brought up elsewhere - that there were no printed instructions with the PID - I don’t think any comparable devices come with that. All the peripherals are priced comparably (or lower) than other similar devices barring the DIY stuff.
Comparison to S&B products? A company recently acquired by a corporate giant and having the budget to include glossy card stock manuals in five languages? I think we have vastly different expectations!
I get it, and just to be clear, I was not suggesting that Qaroma should have a S&B manual. I was just making a comparison to two similarly priced, high-end devices. I have said several times that I would have been happy with a link to a PDF or something, just explaining assembly, temperature recommendations, how different glass pieces will function differently, etc. Basically, something so that I don't have to go on YouTube and see how other people, who are not the creators, use the device. That's all.

monochord71

I have said several times that I would have been happy with a link to a PDF or something, just explaining assembly, temperature recommendations, how different glass pieces will function differently, etc. Basically, something so that I don't have to go on YouTube and see how other people, who are not the creators, use the device. That's all.
We’re going to disagree on this, but I believe it is the user’s responsibility to acquaint themselves with a PID when purchasing a coil driven vape.

If you purchase a PID direct from its manufacturer, that’s a different story.
Otherwise it seems a bit like demanding that my espresso machine come with information on coffee grinders and non-dairy creamer.

As for broad temperature guidelines, they’re included both in QS’s faq and Swampy’s product descriptions.
I don’t see how it is realistic to expect hand-holding on the intricacies of glass function, that really should be the user’s responsibility. Especially in an age when an infinite amount of information is freely available online geared at people of any experience level.

Esquire

We’re going to disagree on this, but I believe it is the user’s responsibility to acquaint themselves with a PID when purchasing a coil driven vape.

If you purchase a PID direct from its manufacturer, that’s a different story.
Otherwise it seems a bit like demanding that my espresso machine come with information on coffee grinders and non-dairy creamer.

As for broad temperature guidelines, they’re included both in QS’s faq and Swampy’s product descriptions.
I don’t see how it is realistic to expect hand-holding on the intricacies of glass function, that really should be the user’s responsibility. Especially in an age when an infinite amount of information is freely available online geared at people of any experience level.
I'm sorry for this misunderstanding. I'm not talking about the PID. I'm talking about the Qaroma itself. A brief user manual could advise what Q has told me, i.e., that he does not recommend disassembling the Qaroma housing once it is screwed in, because of potential breakage. I do think that the PID is a self-explanatory device. What I like is a manual that makes recommendations or gives instructions for how to use the vape itself under optimal conditions. I apologize if this is not clear. Q has sent me links to a PID manual and I appreciated that. My point was that every device should come with some kind of user manual, be it a PDF, document, or link to a website manual. That's all.

monochord71

What I like is a manual that makes recommendations or gives instructions for how to use the vape itself under optimal conditions.
I’ve found that - regardless of the product - the best source for this information is the user’s group and not the manufacturer.
Sometimes users come up with implementation the manufacturer never imagined.

I also offer you the opposite example of S&B who helpfully inform their customers that dosing caps are “single use” lol.

Vasgas

I'm not quoting Swampy prices in Canadian. The price I paid was in USD. Swampy has a setting that allows you to switch everything to USD. My order was $492 USD. I was going to try to upload a picture of my order, but FC apparently does not allow for the uploading of attachments?
$492 for a kit with extra bowl, coil and rubies shipped sounds about right. The extra bowl, coil and rubes would at least be around $100. Don't see anything wrong here 🤷‍♂️

Esquire

I’ve found that - regardless of the product - the best source for this information is the user’s group and not the manufacturer.
Sometimes users come up with implementation the manufacturer never imagined.

I also offer you the opposite example of S&B who helpfully inform their customers that dosing caps are “single use” lol.
LOL. That's called "keep buying consumables" in my book. I do love the dosing capsules too. Perhaps I am old school. Despite my knowing how to operate almost everything I buy to some degree, I always look for a user guide, and I always read it. I'll put this topic to bed for now. If Q decides to create a little user guide and house all the information in one spot, great. If not, he's got a following and a great product that he is clearly looking to improve as he goes. I support that.

I get it, and just to be clear, I was not suggesting that Qaroma should have a S&B manual. I was just making a comparison to two similarly priced, high-end devices. I have said several times that I would have been happy with a link to a PDF or something, just explaining assembly, temperature recommendations, how different glass pieces will function differently, etc. Basically, something so that I don't have to go on YouTube and see how other people, who are not the creators, use the device. That's all.
Not trying to break any rules here, just wanted to address this quickly. This is actually something that's coming up on the to-do list for us. We agree that there will be lots of people new to this style of device who would appreciate & benefit from easily accessed and comprehensive information. We'd appreciate any additional suggestions you have. It's always nice to have an outside perspective. You've got our email, and we'd love hear from you!

Spleeeno

Horsin around
Interesting discussion over the last few pages and I appreciate everyone going into detail while still staying objective and providing constructive critism.

I'm just gonna point out that the market a few months ago (when qaromashop launched) was a bit different to now: With the TiTi, Pinky and the B0 we now have good, cheap alternatives, while at the launch the only available ballvape competitors were the B1 or B2 - and iirc CH kits arent exactly cheap ;)

But Q has mentioned that he also wants to release a cheaper vape with an exposed coil on his discord and I've suggested that the ceroma should maybe use a darker color so they dont look like shit after a few weeks of use with all the gunk (thats kinda unavoidable imo on such porous ceramic material, atleast on the parts that touch the bowl)

I'd say the missing user guide is mostly because of how new the vape is. There are barely any resellers so far and there's been discussions about how some people just dont wanna order internationally a few pages earlier. I also see it with other new devices like the Anvil. now that that one's getting into more hands you also get more people that cant immediately replicate the thick, non-roasty one-shots some of the founders got. so I'd personally prefer it if both devices came atleast with a nice card and some usage tips but like I said, I think thats just down to how few people have used them so far, and how the devices came into being: they werent thought up by some huge corporate entity that has a whole team thats just there to do the manuals (that are required by some countries btw). I'm pretty sure both devices will come with a slightly different package 2 years in the future.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
in the meantime I realized that the lack of a user manual might actually be a bonus when shipping or selling in a country where weed is illegal, kinda how the tinymight comes with that hilarious "handwarmer plus" manual :rolleyes:

monochord71

I am looking forward to see the comparison of the Taroma 2.0 vs. Taroma XL.
Not quite what you asked for but here’s a Taroma v2 vs a Qaroma XL:

monochord71,

Texus

Look forward to impressions of the XL too. And curious whether at any point the extra mass becomes counterproductive die to limits of what a PID and coil can do.

For example, IIRC CH found that terp balls in the injector portion of their ballers was not an improvement since hard to get that extra mass heated (tho part of that is distance from coil).

checkyourlibido

Look forward to impressions of the XL too. And curious whether at any point the extra mass becomes counterproductive die to limits of what a PID and coil can do.

For example, IIRC CH found that terp balls in the injector portion of their ballers was not an improvement since hard to get that extra mass heated (tho part of that is distance from coil).
Well at least I’ll have an excuse to buy more borosilicate glass. I don’t trust cheap glass when the vapes get heavy.

checkyourlibido,

farmerpalmersnt

Received my qaroma (standard, not XL) today. First impressions are ok. Will see how it performs.

Out of the box the fit and finish aren't what you might expect for the money. Injector bowl has a couple of flaws in the glass, no better than my dirt cheap one. Cap doesn't quite line up with the base so there is a slight lip on one side when screwed down. Beech handle is crude, just like the AliExpress ones and I'll be ditching it for something nicer. Ceramic stand is a nice idea and looks ok but just not designed well enough to hold the thing in one place so it slops around in there and rests on the edge. Which is a shame. Appreciate it can't have a tight fit, but this is an accident waiting to happen imo.

Accessories are meh. As has been stated, no manual. Not that it bothers me but a few pointers and dos and don'ts would be sensible given that it'd clearly be easily broken through user error if not used to this sort of vape.

Coil is a very awkward, tight and nerve wracking fit around the post. Required quite some time to slowly work it past the threads and properly seat it into the unit. PID and coil are bog standard inline mini enail jobs.

I have a DIY injector I made for a total cost of about £80 including coil. Built from a sleeved glass Tig cup (like the pinky only glass, and double walled) with glass pipe screen fused on top and ceramic plug at the bottom from a vapour genie so no metal in airpath. Performed beautifully until I broke it last week when my coffee table collapsed so be interesting to see if this is any better performance wise.

Overall it is as I expected given reviews and the scale of production but shame about the flaws in the glasswork which shouldn't happen given that is what you are paying for really. They are minor to be fair, and you wouldn't notice unless you were being picky, but then for £300+ I am being picky.

Spleeeno

Horsin around
You should contact Q (or RecVapes if you bought in the UK) about the bowls and the cap or the head as a whole, since you shouldnt have to tighten the coil to make it fit, ESPECIALLY on the Qaroma. That sounds like b-grade stuff.
About the stand: Its kinda intended to just sit in there on the edge or rather loose, cause anyone that owns an Herborizer can tell you that there's nothing shittier than your glass vape getting stuck to the 18mm glass joint you use as its very stable stand because of glass heat expansion and gunk.

edit: Would be great if you could post the parts to your glass pinky build, that stuff sounds super interesting - but fits more into the pinky thread ofc.

farmerpalmersnt

Yeah, definitely not wanting a tight fit stand, just maybe something with a higher internal pot or something would help.

I am being super nit picky about the lip on the bowl. It's not really all that visible, certainly not b grade. There's a small glass spur on the injector around 1mm but it's not terrible. I didn't have to tighten the coil just wasnt a simple fit at all. The screw threads I will say, are smooth and the overall build quality is very good. Just it's not flawless, and the handle is a bit crappy.

The vape is amazing though. It hits harder and tastes better than my DIY job. Is it £200+ better? Possibly not but I'm still very, very happy with my purchase.

Gnemesis

I've been lurking around this thread for a while and was 100% certain I want a Qaroma, being more interested in flavor than ultra massive clouds. I am, however wondering if I'm jumping the gun on this device. This would be my first foray into the world of ball vapes and PIDs. I based my view on the device on reviews and videos, primarily on reddit. Some pf what I'm reading on this thread has me questioning stuff.

For those of you experienced with this kind of device, am I going to be unhappy with the PID that comes with the Qaroma? Will I want to replace it? Defects in the glass that are cosmetic don't worry me at all. Sure, at the price point, perfect would be great, but these are largely hand-made, right?

I plan to get one from Swampy's, who apparently prep the device, adjust coil fit and do a burn-off. I do not plan on messing with that as I am already a bit edgy about the fragility of the housing.

For those of you who have used it, and hopefully, other similar devices: Given a relatively low tolerance, I think most ball vapes will hit harder than I need, so I'm going for the best flavor. Is the Qaroma it, or should I be looking at other devices? And the PID... keeper or nah?

TIA for amy input. I'm a little unsure of etiquette here, so apologies if I'm out of line in some way.

Gnemesis,

monochord71

For those of you who have used it, and hopefully, other similar devices: Given a relatively low tolerance, I think most ball vapes will hit harder than I need, so I'm going for the best flavor. Is the Qaroma it, or should I be looking at other devices? And the PID... keeper or nah?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the PID. It's a standard PID. Performs just lke any other.
As for flavor, yeah the Qaroma is definitely "it" for me, by a long shot. For context I also use a MiniVAP and a EVO.

The guy complaining above got his stuff from a UK distributor that swaps in their own (admittedly cheap looking) PIDs and coils, so don't blame QS for that stuff.
If you're ordering from Swampy you won't have those issues, guaranteed.

Top Bottom