• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Mr Turnip

I don't have any other bowls other then the Ch shovel head bowl. Are these compatible with the taroma?.

Or should I get a new bowl?.

rollerskater

Yeah, idk about that. Those prices are outrageous. 535$ for a kit? Converted directly from Qaromashop it's like 370$ for a Taroma 2.0 kit. Am I missing something here? That site seems like a complete rip off.

I didn't pay anywhere near 535$ even with the shipping from Qaroma.
Those are the prices in canadian dollars

the total outlay isnt much different from buying from Qshop directly but there are advantages to buying on the same continent and you can buy in USD as well if your cc applies a currency conversion charge.

rollerskater,
Reactions: BKR2311

BKR2311

the total outlay isnt much different from buying from Qshop directly but there are advantages to buying on the same continent and you can buy in USD as well if your cc applies a currency conversion charge.
Gotcha, that's probably it. It's probably around the same price in USD. Thank you

BKR2311,

Finessseee

What’re the best third party bowls for the Qaroma? I just ordered mine have two of the deeper bowls and no short bowl unfortunately.. (18MM short bowls were out of stock at the time) is there that much of a difference between the two?

Esquire

The price from Swampy's, with shipping, for Qaroma kit with two bowls (14mm deep and shallow) and an extra pack of Ruby's for the included Ceroma (2nd quality) was $500 USD. It's a lot of money.

rollerskater

The price from Swampy's, with shipping, for Qaroma kit with two bowls (14mm deep and shallow) and an extra pack of Ruby's for the included Ceroma (2nd quality) was $500 USD. It's a lot of money.

It is a lot of money. The same Q kit and rubies from Qshop directly is 1760 MYR, which today is about $420 (lol), plus ~$50 TNT shipping to the US, plus a potential currency conversion/foreign transaction fee brings it to a total outlay of "not much different" imo. Personally I'm happy to have the option to buy in USD from North America but for some purchases that will make sense and for some purchases it won't.

Bigcountryx

I'm just wondering why all the negativity towards the cost of the devices offered by this particular shop? All of these complaints about the cost, whether it be the price of the actual devices or the shipping, when their costs fall in line or below the cost of comparable devices. I am not aware of any other quartz injectors that are comparable to the performance that it delivers, and his Taroma price is lower than CH has for their products, not including sales. And for $500 the customer received not only the Qaroma but a 2nd head in the form of the Ceroma, now I don't know of any other company who are providing that kind of value.

checkyourlibido

This is a little out of what I think I want to spend my money on. Maybe if there are good 4/20 deals, 20% off should do it.

Edit: I'm not going to compare units on this thread. But I'll just say that there are several devices that are awesome that cost less. Perhaps that's why some people are turned off by the price. The Pinkie and B-Zero are game changers, in that they make it more affordable for the common man to get in on these types of devices. I respect the shit out of Qaroma. And the other inexpensive devices will likely be a gateway to buying higher end and relatively more expensive devices like the Qaroma.

There are so many great choices. It's a great time to be alive!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

But I'll just say that there are several devices that are awesome that cost less. Perhaps that's why some people are turned off by the price. The Pinkie and B-Zero are game changers, in that they make it more affordable for the common man to get in on these types of devices. I respect the shit out of Qaroma. And the other inexpensive devices will likely be a gateway to buying higher end and relatively more expensive devices like the Qaroma.

There are so many great choices. It's a great time to be alive!
Ironically, these were the lower-cost choice until just recently! It'll be tough to compete, but I understand there will be a new, more massive head coming, so there may be ways to innovate around the DIYs. Also, some folks just will never be comfortable with a janky-seeming DIY and hot coils, so I think a prebuilt, enclosed coil setup will be worth it to a good number of people, especially as ballvapes become more cognitively available to everyday users. I still hope to get a Ceroma head one of these days, it just seems like such a great solution for flavor & durability.

checkyourlibido

Ironically, these were the lower-cost choice until just recently! It'll be tough to compete, but I understand there will be a new, more massive head coming, so there may be ways to innovate around the DIYs. Also, some folks just will never be comfortable with a janky-seeming DIY and hot coils, so I think a prebuilt, enclosed coil setup will be worth it to a good number of people, especially as ballvapes become more cognitively available to everyday users. I still hope to get a Ceroma head one of these days, it just seems like such a great solution for flavor & durability.
I thought the same, and I still wonder. But I've read several people say the flavor is significantly better in the Qaroma compared to the Ceroma. One reviewer was surprised that even the Taroma tasted better than the Ceroma. Perhaps, I've just read the outliers, as most people seem to enjoy the flavor of all 3.

And I'm not comfortable with the Pinkie either, but I usually don't mention that. At least the B-Zero is $300 at CH and they have done 20% off for 4/20 before, which would put it at 240, which is a good entry point for these types of vapes.

But without directly comparing them all. I really like the variety in materials available with Qaroma. I only need titanium, but I love that there is a variety of options. That free B-Stock Ceroma head that was free with purchase was a really tempting offer.

Esquire

I'm just wondering why all the negativity towards the cost of the devices offered by this particular shop? All of these complaints about the cost, whether it be the price of the actual devices or the shipping, when their costs fall in line or below the cost of comparable devices. I am not aware of any other quartz injectors that are comparable to the performance that it delivers, and his Taroma price is lower than CH has for their products, not including sales. And for $500 the customer received not only the Qaroma but a 2nd head in the form of the Ceroma, now I don't know of any other company who are providing that kind of value.
I think, at least for me, I'm comparing that price point to other devices. My Herborizer was about $500 and included a fantastic glass bubbler that retails for around $145 or so. It came with a better stand to leave the hot injector on, and it came with bowls well-designed to hold the screens in place. There are no restrictions on taking it apart or swapping parts. Q has suggested that, once the Qaroma is assembled, the user is best advised not to take it apart. That means that Ceroma b-stock requires the purchase of another coil (making it not so free). And, if you want another wooden handle, tack on another $50 (approximately).

Overall, I don't mean to hate on Qaroma. In fact, I think he has been awesome in terms of being responsive, answering questions, etc. I just think the device is overpriced. The coils are $39 and could probably be had cheaper. The PID is a stock PID that is not worth $100. The glass bowls are mediocre. The screens flip all over the place, making it hard to empty and keep clean (Herborizer sells cleaning flasks which are absolutely outstanding and inexpensive).

I don't know that it is fair to compare Qaroma to the Hot Rod because one is all glass and one is not, but for the sake of a comparison, the Hot Rod is $360 and has great form factor. Everything is packaged up in one, very presentable desktop piece that is very attractive. The Qaroma is certainly not a presentation piece, with a flaming hot coil sitting in a mug (that gets a lot hotter than a hot bowl of soup). I also constantly fear that I will break/crack the Qaroma if I don't set it in the housing/cup at the right angle, or if I set it down too hard. If the Qaroma housing breaks, you're spending a bunch of money to replace it, plus shipping, which to the US cannot be had for less than $20.00.

I take no offense to your post, and I hope you don't to mine. My feeling is that this is a great forum to debate and discuss devices. In my humble opinion, $500 might not be too much to ask once new bowls are included and other aspects that I've discussed above are improved. But, at $500, I expect the most premium, refined product available. Right now, Q is working on a Qaroma XL (in other words, something new that will cost more and be cooler than what I have) when I would much rather see Q working on making the current devices work their best and be the most user-friendly. The way I see it, there are only a handful of $500 vaporizers on the market that are available for purchase today. Looking at those, and I'm sorry, but the Volcano Hybrid has to be included, they are just more presentable, user-friendly, and overall easy to use. If, six months from now, Q is offering a package for $500 that includes upgraded components and a better form factor (perhaps), then I don't think $500 is outrageous. But for a PID from China, cheap coils, and a wooden handle that is not exactly a form-fitting piece crafted for the perfect fit, I think $500 is steep. Since Ceroma is stock b and would have not gone out to retail paying customers, I see it is unnecessary, and an accessory that requires additional purchases (such as a coil, handle) in order to use. I think that at $300-$350, what I got would have been much more reasonable. And with that $150 back in my pocket, I could have bought an XMax V3 Pro with a bunch of accessories, or an Arizer Argo (on creamcity with a 5-pack of travel stems for $165). My two cents.

coolbreeze

I thought the same, and I still wonder. But I've read several people say the flavor is significantly better in the Qaroma compared to the Ceroma. One reviewer was surprised that even the Taroma tasted better than the Ceroma. Perhaps, I've just read the outliers, as most people seem to enjoy the flavor of all 3.

And I'm not comfortable with the Pinkie either, but I usually don't mention that. At least the B-Zero is $300 at CH and they have done 20% off for 4/20 before, which would put it at 240, which is a good entry point for these types of vapes.

But without directly comparing them all. I really like the variety in materials available with Qaroma. I only need titanium, but I love that there is a variety of options. That free B-Stock Ceroma head that was free with purchase was a really tempting offer.
Ah, that's a little disappointing about the flavor. I'll have to read through the reactions a bit closer when the time comes. I'm a little hesitant to drop a knot on a quartz setup for durablility reasons, and I have Ti heaters covered.

I have a 7th Floor e-elev8r with rubies (my setup), and I enjoy it for sure, but sometimes it feels a little like playing with fire (ironically, I feel better about literally playing with fire, and I use my torch elev8r much more frequently/comfortably). It's relegated to special use now, while I rely on the Hot Rod and Couch Log. Both of those were very expensive, but they're well-built, beautiful and reasonably safe enthusiast/artisan pieces. Someone like Qaroma or CH will have to sell parts, for one thing, but they may also need to come up with more 'mainstream' or 'consumer' type setups, whatever that means (low price, for one). Otherwise it'll be DIY or a Vgoodiez pro/hobbyist setup like his DC elev8r or B0.

coolbreeze,

cvs8floz

I think, at least for me, I'm comparing that price point to other devices. My Herborizer was about $500 and included a fantastic glass bubbler that retails for around $145 or so. It came with a better stand to leave the hot injector on, and it came with bowls well-designed to hold the screens in place. There are no restrictions on taking it apart or swapping parts. Q has suggested that, once the Qaroma is assembled, the user is best advised not to take it apart. That means that Ceroma b-stock requires the purchase of another coil (making it not so free). And, if you want another wooden handle, tack on another $50 (approximately).

Overall, I don't mean to hate on Qaroma. In fact, I think he has been awesome in terms of being responsive, answering questions, etc. I just think the device is overpriced. The coils are $39 and could probably be had cheaper. The PID is a stock PID that is not worth $100. The glass bowls are mediocre. The screens flip all over the place, making it hard to empty and keep clean (Herborizer sells cleaning flasks which are absolutely outstanding and inexpensive).

I don't know that it is fair to compare Qaroma to the Hot Rod because one is all glass and one is not, but for the sake of a comparison, the Hot Rod is $360 and has great form factor. Everything is packaged up in one, very presentable desktop piece that is very attractive. The Qaroma is certainly not a presentation piece, with a flaming hot coil sitting in a mug (that gets a lot hotter than a hot bowl of soup). I also constantly fear that I will break/crack the Qaroma if I don't set it in the housing/cup at the right angle, or if I set it down too hard. If the Qaroma housing breaks, you're spending a bunch of money to replace it, plus shipping, which to the US cannot be had for less than $20.00.

I take no offense to your post, and I hope you don't to mine. My feeling is that this is a great forum to debate and discuss devices. In my humble opinion, $500 might not be too much to ask once new bowls are included and other aspects that I've discussed above are improved. But, at $500, I expect the most premium, refined product available. Right now, Q is working on a Qaroma XL (in other words, something new that will cost more and be cooler than what I have) when I would much rather see Q working on making the current devices work their best and be the most user-friendly. The way I see it, there are only a handful of $500 vaporizers on the market that are available for purchase today. Looking at those, and I'm sorry, but the Volcano Hybrid has to be included, they are just more presentable, user-friendly, and overall easy to use. If, six months from now, Q is offering a package for $500 that includes upgraded components and a better form factor (perhaps), then I don't think $500 is outrageous. But for a PID from China, cheap coils, and a wooden handle that is not exactly a form-fitting piece crafted for the perfect fit, I think $500 is steep. Since Ceroma is stock b and would have not gone out to retail paying customers, I see it is unnecessary, and an accessory that requires additional purchases (such as a coil, handle) in order to use. I think that at $300-$350, what I got would have been much more reasonable. And with that $150 back in my pocket, I could have bought an XMax V3 Pro with a bunch of accessories, or an Arizer Argo (on creamcity with a 5-pack of travel stems for $165). My two cents.
I fully agree that Qaroma products lack finish and refinements to compete in the $500+ market, just look at how the Qaroma head wobbles around on any bowl you try, the Ceroma has a better fit but after a few sessions there is all this black sticky stuff all over the stub that won't come off. The notion of superior taste is very seductive but in reality you have to run the Qaroma 100 degrees hotter than any metal head so there goes your superior taste. I feel that I spent way too much money to beta test this product, then you see revisions of the product appear only months after the original was launched and you are stuck with the inferior original, not a good feeling.

Vasgas

You're quoting Swampy prices in Canadian. A kit on qshop is way less like 370+ usd. Coil is like 33 and pid 85. It is the only full quartz heater I've seen anywhere. I think extra care to prevent damage is only reasonable. I don't take any offense to your post too. I do agree with the bowl and screens but it doesn't really bother me as much.

I fully agree that Qaroma products lack finish and refinements to compete in the $500+ market, just look at how the Qaroma head wobbles around on any bowl you try, the Ceroma has a better fit but after a few sessions there is all this black sticky stuff all over the stub that won't come off. The notion of superior taste is very seductive but in reality you have to run the Qaroma 100 degrees hotter than any metal head so there goes your superior taste. I feel that I spent way too much money to beta test this product, then you see revisions of the product appear only months after the original was launched and you are stuck with the inferior original, not a good feeling.
I remember you. Didn't you buy a Qaroma head and blamed qshop when your 3 wrap coil didn't fit? What $500? What qaroma revision? There is only a revision for Taroma. This is a whole new level of butthurt. Lose some hate buddy :lol:

monochord71

Q has suggested that, once the Qaroma is assembled, the user is best advised not to take it apart. That means that Ceroma b-stock requires the purchase of another coil (making it not so free).
No one is forcing anyone to use the spare Ceroma head, it only requires another coil and handle if you plan on using them both.
I don't know that it is fair to compare Qaroma to the Hot Rod because one is all glass and one is not, but for the sake of a comparison, the Hot Rod is $360 and has great form factor.
The hot rod is also nowhere near comparable performance-wise. You also were unhappy with it and gave it away, no?
Right now, Q is working on a Qaroma XL (in other words, something new that will cost more and be cooler than what I have) when I would much rather see Q working on making the current devices work their best and be the most user-friendly.
That device isn't "in the works" - I've got one sitting on my desk as I type. They were completed months ago, it's the official release that hasn't happened yet. I also don't understand the "user-friendly" comment - they're as user-friendly as any other ball vape.

But for a PID from China
ALL PIDs are from china. And the Qaroma Shop PIDs aren't "expensive" by any stretch of the imagination, nor are their coils. And no one is stopping you from buying a PID and coil elsewhere if you don't like those prices.

Since Ceroma is stock b and would have not gone out to retail paying customers, I see it is unnecessary, and an accessory that requires additional purchases (such as a coil, handle) in order to use.
That's pretty subjective. I don't see it as "unnecessary" - I use mine almost daily alongside the others.

I fully agree that Qaroma products lack finish and refinements to compete in the $500+ market, just look at how the Qaroma head wobbles around on any bowl you try, the Ceroma has a better fit but after a few sessions there is all this black sticky stuff all over the stub that won't come off. The notion of superior taste is very seductive but in reality you have to run the Qaroma 100 degrees hotter than any metal head so there goes your superior taste.
I don't even know where to begin.
My Qaroma head most certainly does NOT "wobble on any bowl" - it does not "wobble" at all. The Ceroma is easy to clean, not sure what you managed to get on yours. I have never had to run the Qaroma "100 degrees hotter" than my Taroma or Ceroma.
This is just plain false.

checkyourlibido

A kit on qshop is way less like 370+ usd.
The Ceroma is pretty inexpensive. But he's right about the Taroma and Qaroma being closer to $500, once as you add the balls for the final kit cost. But maybe I'm missing something? Is there a way to get it for less?

checkyourlibido,

Vasgas

The Ceroma is pretty inexpensive. But he's right about the Taroma and Qaroma being closer to $500, once as you add the balls for the final kit cost. But maybe I'm missing something? Is there a way to get it for less?
His cost of $500 is the cost of 1 full qaroma kit with extra bowl, extra coil, extra rubes. He bought the extras for the free Ceroma head he received.

So for what he paid, he received parts to fully assemble two heads, not just one. For 500 from a distributor it ain't too bad.

If you only buy a ceroma kit, it's only like 250 b4 shipping. And because it's above 150, you get an extra ceroma head too. So that's two cetoma heads. I can't guarantee if that's still the case, can only speak for my buddy who received two.

I'd get a q or t kit to get the free ceroma personally. Don't really need two ceromas unless you plan to gift one away.

Vasgas,

Esquire

No one is forcing anyone to use the spare Ceroma head, it only requires another coil and handle if you plan on using them both.

The hot rod is also nowhere near comparable performance-wise. You also were unhappy with it and gave it away, no?

That device isn't "in the works" - I've got one sitting on my desk as I type. They were completed months ago, it's the official release that hasn't happened yet. I also don't understand the "user-friendly" comment - they're as user-friendly as any other ball vape.

ALL PIDs are from china. And the Qaroma Shop PIDs aren't "expensive" by any stretch of the imagination, nor are their coils. And no one is stopping you from buying a PID and coil elsewhere if you don't like those prices.

That's pretty subjective. I don't see it as "unnecessary" - I use mine almost daily alongside the others.

I don't even know where to begin.
My Qaroma head most certainly does NOT "wobble on any bowl" - it does not "wobble" at all. The Ceroma is easy to clean, not sure what you managed to get on yours. I have never had to run the Qaroma "100 degrees hotter" than my Taroma or Ceroma.
This is just plain false.
I cannot speak to having any problem in keeping my Ceroma or Qaroma clean. I have not had that problem. That said, @monochord71 I respect your opinions, and mine are mine. I did not say anyone was forcing me to do anything; I was merely making a few points. Mainly, I was saying that sometimes a "freebie" is not free. And in terms of my bringing up the Hot Rod, I was talking more about form factor. I understand that, to some, performance is the only factor, and that is fair. To me, performance is a big factor but not the only factor. I have to keep my stash discreet, and I have to put away all of the stuff I use at the end of the night. I believe I was making a point that the Hot Rod, with its tight form factor, is very easy to scoop up and put away, because everything has its place on a stand. Feel free to disagree, but that's what I was talking about.

I am not dogging the device (Qaroma). I'm offering feedback and suggestions, as well as my overall opinions. I think the creator is off to a great start, but I think the price is high for what it is. With regard to the PID, please note that although I have been vaping for about 3 years exclusively, I have avoided hot coils and PID's. Initially, they reminded me of what more heavy drug users might be using. Yes, I know that may sound silly, but hot coils looked freakish to me. The first time I ever dabbed, I did it on a nail and did not like the experience because I was afraid of burning myself, and the process just looked and felt more like drug use then I was up for. Again, I know that in hindsight that may sound silly. But, when I started dabbing, I purchased a Peak for that reason.

So, until I purchased the Qaroma, I had never used a coil and PID. I knew nothing about them for the most part, and when I searched for a compatible coil online, I had trouble matching up Q's setup. So purchasing the kit was the easiest thing for me, and the best way to ensure that I did not break the Qaroma by using non-compatible hardware. I just think that, for a new product that has kinks that are being worked out, the $500 price tag is steep. That's all. It's not a bad product. I just think that bang-for-the-buck, there are better options.

Lastly, while you might have the new stuff, to me, it is still "in the works" because it is not for sale and I don't have it. So, for those who get early releases to test, etc. that is great. But I paid $500 for what I have, and I'm not getting any updated products shipped to me for testing/usage. I have what I paid for and expect nothing else, so that is what I'm basing my opinion on.

I appreciate your comments, and hope you understand and respect mine. I'm very careful not to trash the great people that come up with these devices, but I do believe in constructive criticism, and I note that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It is important, when expressing an opinion, to justify it, and I feel that I've done that.

Top Bottom