Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Any idea what part number your coil is? I just got a 20mm coil; CH9322. Planning to use that in the B+ stock Ceroma head I have on the way, if I like it I plan to at least get a Q head on the next drop. I might buy the full kit for Q if I get verification that the 9322 coil is the one that might be difficult to fit in the Q?

cvs8floz

Any idea what part number your coil is? I just got a 20mm coil; CH9322. Planning to use that in the B+ stock Ceroma head I have on the way, if I like it I plan to at least get a Q head on the next drop. I might buy the full kit for Q if I get verification that the 9322 coil is the one that might be difficult to fit in the Q?
I was able to find the receipt, my coil is the 20mm coil for Auber RDK300A 9322 purchased on 2/4/2020, it barely fits the Qaroma (can't screw top down all the way, see pics I posted earlier), but it fits perfectly in the Ceroma which is more coil friendly and doesn't have the raised step.

Vasgas

My Qaroma, Taroma and Ceroma Review

I've completed around 6 weeks of Q and T use. Around 4 weeks for C. I like all three and have been keeping at least two of them turned on all day. The maker is very sincere, honest and a joy to deal with. I don't usually go out of my way to write a review but I'm making an exception for qaromashop.

Qaroma:
Q is without a doubt the tastiest dhv I've ever tasted, bar none. The terp profiles you get from it are insane. It hits hard too and can produce massively dense clouds at the right temps. I get denser clouds with Q when using shorter bowls but it does sacrifice flavor a little. With stock bowls, flavor is top notch but needs higher temps. If you don't pack large bowls, short bowls would be ideal imho. I currently use an elev8r glass screen bowl and a diy 18/14 adapter as my short options. Qshop short bowls should be available in a few weeks according to seller.

Ever since I've concluded that the stock 3mm rubies are my favorite, I've not disassembled my Q. One thing I don't like is how much it squeaks at the threads. Gives me the chills each time so I've just left it alone. So far it's been holding up well but I am aware of what i have in my hands. It is quartz and it can break just like my bangers.

I personally would not buy the Q if it was gonna be my only vape or if I'm really clumsy. I also would not get the Q if you're looking for low temps like the elev8r. Other than that I've got no complaints. Its worth every penny just for the flavor upgrade itself. A Q is an essential tool for post harvest terpene evaluation in my house now. I've converted a few of my fellow growbros as well. Highly recommended for flavor connoisseurs. Currently sold out though

Taroma:
T is a powerhouse but tastes surprisingly well. I'd thought that the extra mass would perhaps deter performance a little but this thing goes through everything i put through it. I put a small glob of dab into it each day for 3-4 days but couldn't see any residue on rubies when I opened to clean. This is what I use at night for a knockout hit. I don't own anything that hits harder.

Comparing the T to the B2 I received less than 3 weeks ago, I find that the T tastes better, hits harder and has more "calories" for back to back hits. Its close enough but the T squeaks out a noticeable win imo.

T definitely uses lower temps than Q. I combust at above 700F. Surprisingly, T also radiates the least amount of heat among the three heads. Like the Q, I find that the T tastes better with stock bowls but can make for harder hits with shorter bowls. Also need to mention that the T head is very heavy. Could be a plus or minus depending on your situation.

One minor complaint, the T head came a little dirty. Other than that got no complaints and will gladly recommend this to anyone who's looking for a heavy hitter and doesn't mind titanium. I'm not sure if the T is my favorite but I do find myself reaching for it a bit more than others.

Ceroma:
I've had the least time with this one. I still can't quite put a finger in it yet. So far, the C performs close enough to the manufacturer description. Its tasty but not as tasty as the Q. It hits hard in its own way but just not quite like the T. It has its own signature that I'm unable to put into words just yet. I'm also not sure if an A stock version will be better or worse?

For a freebie b stock though, this has exceeded every expectation. I feel that the C has the fastest heat recovery time among the heads. At the same time, it also radiates the most heat. Quite an irony if you think about it heheh. The chips at the joint is negligible and I did not stretch my coil to fit.

Performance wise it reminds me of a vapbong hit, but a little more restricted due to rubies. The C definitely recovers faster than a vapbong heater in my experience. I should probably stretch the coil to get the temps more stable but I feel it works well enough as it is. I may need more time with this one.

The B+ stocks are out but I do not have one to compare. I do feel that the C is an excellent option for entry level desktop heavies. Hard to find anything else with better value at the performance it provides.

Shadooz

I've kind of asked here which ceramic were used, as i couldn't find it, and qaromashop never bothered answering me..
My concern is about qaromashop saying "ceramic", which is the same than saying "metal" vaporizer.. can't find any sources of their ceramic composition.. maybe simple clay(sandstone, porcelain?), but i doubt with that ammount of CNC.. and can bring health issue (corrosive dusts, same with low grade and low annealed qwartz.. and the high temperature used by Q compare to C, interogated me, as pure Q have three time conduction of clay.. but maybe just a fitting issue?

But i see @Bigcountryx liking post here.. not answering here, but has stated it was Alumina (95%), in reddit..

Which could explain that :

I feel that the C has the fastest heat recovery time among the heads. At the same time, it also radiates the most heat. Quite an irony if you think about it heheh
Alumina having 30w/m.k, titanium <20 and qwartz <6 (but we are far from a pure qwartz..).
So quite no irony, if "I" think about it..

I should probably stretch the coil to get the temps more stable
Or the right thermal past, and the ceroma become the safe neutral taste powerhouse of the three.
Cheap and sturdy.

I'm still waiting the A grade.. :popcorn:

Who wants a shell ?
(Sell oil..)

Hope their last flood haven't impact them too much.. not like a "raz-de-marée"..

I asked a ceramic cover and stand, in @invertedisdead inverzion threads, from a chinese hand. Get a malaysian one, happy the same i am.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
DSC07165.jpg

Ready to rumble.
Starting now with Ti, and beadless so I can best understand the tool.
First hits.
I am surely very impressed so far.
The equipment's purity of material is elegantly simple (quartz/ceramic/titanium... borasilicate-ruby beads-wooden handle-SS)
I have had 1/2 of a bowl, am seeing stars, and the bowl's not golden yet!
It tastes so great that I am taking it slowly, so I am not using beads, and am staying at 650º
I do not use water often, but I am today, to start out with the tools general predicted usage.
I'll do a few hits with dry tube shortly.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now I look for help from the Qaroma users here.
I do not mess with Hardware enough to reflexively know about controllers, and I have no instructions
for the "QaromaShop Digital PID Temperature Controller" .
I just did a session with the beads installed.
The stored heat plus resistance did cause me to lower the temperature to 625º.
The resistance had me finish a large bowl in 1.5 pulls!
It worked very well and I'm extremely comfortable.

I cleaned my bowl and filled it and went back to do it again, but I can't seem to get the PID
to heat up.
I can change the temperature setting, but then the unit displays around 170º and dropping steadily.
I would like help understanding how to reset, or re-start the temperature controller.

I got two bowls done... one without beads, and one with.
The Temperature Controller is not heating the coil.
I am in contact with Qaromashop, and will learn more.

Last edited:

Vasgas

Now I look for help from the Qaroma users here.
I do not mess with Hardware enough to reflexively know about controllers, and I have no instructions
for the "QaromaShop Digital PID Temperature Controller" .
I just did a session with the beads installed.
The stored heat plus resistance did cause me to lower the temperature to 625º.
The resistance had me finish a large bowl in 1.5 pulls!
It worked very well and I'm extremely comfortable.

I cleaned my bowl and filled it and went back to do it again, but I can't seem to get the PID
to heat up.
I can change the temperature setting, but then the unit displays around 170º and dropping steadily.
I would like help understanding how to reset, or re-start the temperature controller.
There's a button at the back of the controller. Make sure that is turned on as well. The same has happened to me several times. Nowadays I just keep that back button turned on at all times. I use a smart plug to turn my controller on/off via phone, or at the plug. Hope this helps

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks.
Lights come on, but temperature does not rise.
Controller isn't heating the coil at this time.
The maker is assisting me with instructions in regular email contact.
I am certain that I will understand the function better in the morning.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thanks.
Lights come on, but temperature does not rise.
That was a brief romance!
The QaromaShop Digital PID Temperature Controller no longer heats the coil.
That is really unfortunate.. I guess it is time to see how the company responds to warranty claims.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
....have already seen it fyi and it has been great
Agreed.
The speed with which he responds to emails is no less than amazing.
I was frustrated for a minute there, because I could not continue my experimentation.
I am certain that tomorrow will bring a fresh approach.

Vitolo,
Reactions: BigJr48

Spleeeno

Horsin around
if you keep pressing the "set" or the ">" button for 2-5 sec the red LED on the front should start blinking rapidly which means the PID is in auto-tune and temps should start swinging up and down for a while till he's finished after 2 min. after that, he should have enough P value to keep up on the reheats, if its just a settings thing.

Vitolo

Vaporist
if you keep pressing the "set" or the ">" button for 2-5 sec the red LED on the front should start blinking rapidly which means the PID is in auto-tune and temps should start swinging up and down for a while till he's finished after 2 min. after that, he should have enough P value to keep up on the reheats, if its just a settings thing.
I have followed your instructions precisely, and the temperature began to rise.
Thank you very much @Spleeeno for your excellent suggestion!
I am still having an issue getting the temperature up to 650º
It goes up to 450º and then drops rapidly.
There was heat... I could feel it, but am not able to duplicate the success.
Ideas?

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks to those of you that encouraged me and gave tips.
This tool is a powerful tool with which to medicate.
I truly did not need to come to the thread desparately seeking assistance.
That was me panicking since I did not see this developer here on FC
I could have just waited for night to come.... for Qaromashop is across the world.
His day=my night.
I rapidly went into intricate and deep communication with Qaromashop via email.
Questions... suggestions... a dozen back and forth emails flew across cyberspace.
Customer service was amazing.... I did not expect it. I thought I would find the most help here in the thread.
Anyway the issue is resolved.
When any of you wish help from this sincere developer, a contact through his website will get fast action.
Remember that depending on the hour it could take until the next morning.

Last edited:

tokenknifeguy

They are not designed to be used empty or beadless according to website.
Where does it say that on the site? Not that I don't believe you, but I just checked the faq and it didn't say anything about it, other than not putting too many balls in there. Nothing about going beadless.

BKR2311

My Qaroma, Taroma and Ceroma Review

I've completed around 6 weeks of Q and T use. Around 4 weeks for C. I like all three and have been keeping at least two of them turned on all day. The maker is very sincere, honest and a joy to deal with. I don't usually go out of my way to write a review but I'm making an exception for qaromashop.

Qaroma:
Q is without a doubt the tastiest dhv I've ever tasted, bar none. The terp profiles you get from it are insane. It hits hard too and can produce massively dense clouds at the right temps. I get denser clouds with Q when using shorter bowls but it does sacrifice flavor a little. With stock bowls, flavor is top notch but needs higher temps. If you don't pack large bowls, short bowls would be ideal imho. I currently use an elev8r glass screen bowl and a diy 18/14 adapter as my short options. Qshop short bowls should be available in a few weeks according to seller.

Ever since I've concluded that the stock 3mm rubies are my favorite, I've not disassembled my Q. One thing I don't like is how much it squeaks at the threads. Gives me the chills each time so I've just left it alone. So far it's been holding up well but I am aware of what i have in my hands. It is quartz and it can break just like my bangers.

I personally would not buy the Q if it was gonna be my only vape or if I'm really clumsy. I also would not get the Q if you're looking for low temps like the elev8r. Other than that I've got no complaints. Its worth every penny just for the flavor upgrade itself. A Q is an essential tool for post harvest terpene evaluation in my house now. I've converted a few of my fellow growbros as well. Highly recommended for flavor connoisseurs. Currently sold out though

Taroma:
T is a powerhouse but tastes surprisingly well. I'd thought that the extra mass would perhaps deter performance a little but this thing goes through everything i put through it. I put a small glob of dab into it each day for 3-4 days but couldn't see any residue on rubies when I opened to clean. This is what I use at night for a knockout hit. I don't own anything that hits harder.

Comparing the T to the B2 I received less than 3 weeks ago, I find that the T tastes better, hits harder and has more "calories" for back to back hits. Its close enough but the T squeaks out a noticeable win imo.

T definitely uses lower temps than Q. I combust at above 700F. Surprisingly, T also radiates the least amount of heat among the three heads. Like the Q, I find that the T tastes better with stock bowls but can make for harder hits with shorter bowls. Also need to mention that the T head is very heavy. Could be a plus or minus depending on your situation.

One minor complaint, the T head came a little dirty. Other than that got no complaints and will gladly recommend this to anyone who's looking for a heavy hitter and doesn't mind titanium. I'm not sure if the T is my favorite but I do find myself reaching for it a bit more than others.

Ceroma:
I've had the least time with this one. I still can't quite put a finger in it yet. So far, the C performs close enough to the manufacturer description. Its tasty but not as tasty as the Q. It hits hard in its own way but just not quite like the T. It has its own signature that I'm unable to put into words just yet. I'm also not sure if an A stock version will be better or worse?

For a freebie b stock though, this has exceeded every expectation. I feel that the C has the fastest heat recovery time among the heads. At the same time, it also radiates the most heat. Quite an irony if you think about it heheh. The chips at the joint is negligible and I did not stretch my coil to fit.

Performance wise it reminds me of a vapbong hit, but a little more restricted due to rubies. The C definitely recovers faster than a vapbong heater in my experience. I should probably stretch the coil to get the temps more stable but I feel it works well enough as it is. I may need more time with this one.

The B+ stocks are out but I do not have one to compare. I do feel that the C is an excellent option for entry level desktop heavies. Hard to find anything else with better value at the performance it provides.
Interesting. You combust above 700? I regularly leave mine on 700-720, and with the deep bowls sometimes go 750 to get the absolute most out of it. I got the Taroma because IDC about flavor and am all about the efficiency/huge hits.

What bowl do you use? I can't decide which bowl I like. Been using stock bowls regular, stock bowls with raised screens, grav Octo bowl, and an adaptor with a screen in it.

Vasgas

Interesting. You combust above 700? I regularly leave mine on 700-720, and with the deep bowls sometimes go 750 to get the absolute most out of it. I got the Taroma because IDC about flavor and am all about the efficiency/huge hits.

What bowl do you use? I can't decide which bowl I like. Been using stock bowls regular, stock bowls with raised screens, grav Octo bowl, and an adaptor with a screen in it.
I've mentioned using either an Elev8r glass screened bowl and an 18 to 14 adapter that I fitted with a screen. I go higher on deep bowls too. The adapter idea I got from seeing others on Discord. Waiting on the qshop short bowls now :tup:

tokenknifeguy

I just started using my elev8r bowl for better results. It is just a bit closer to the green compared to the standard glass bowl that comes with it.

Also, any good way to clean the ceroma? I dont know what happened but got some black stuff all over one side. Rubbing alcohol and water don't seem to do much.

Top Bottom