• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma by QaromaShop

Texus

Anyone tried an herborizer bowl ?

Its three notch are the only ones that keep my two mesh (one coarse and one really tight for kief and well placed resistance). I can brush them and they don't move at each reload..

I prefer length for true convection (less roast, way more even Maillard..)
But herborizer go deep in its bowl, fear the smaller injector length of the ceroma will have to put it at higher temps..

I can't afford compulsive VAS, i have to wait feedbacks.. :cry:
I have a 14 and 18mm Herborizer bowl. I'll try them tomorrow with my Q/C/Taroma.

kimura

I prefer length for true convection (less roast, way more even Maillard..)
But herborizer go deep in its bowl, fear the smaller injector length of the ceroma will have to put it at higher temps..

I understand what you're saying, but I still get an even roast with the load closer to the heater. I didn't notice a difference in that regard. putting the load farther down means I have to wait longer for vapor to develop. there may be a tradeoff but doesn't seem to be much with the Q. very even roast no matter where I put the screen. you can always turn up the heat, but my obsessive nature prefers to run the lowest temp possible

I would like to learn to like bowls with built-in glass screens... that would make the air+vapor path metal free. I just haven't used one yet that I can live with due to my aforementioned obsessive nature :doh:

Shadooz

but my obsessive nature prefers to run the lowest temp possible
I got the same. Def improve the taste.

but I still get an even roast with the load closer to the heater.
The line between radiation and convection is thin.
So many variables (bowl, load size, WP+draw..).
One second more to get vapor isn't a worry if i can draw as i like without roasting.

I'm def obsessive about the maillard.

I would like to learn to like bowls with built-in glass screens...
No glass screen can handle my full of kief strain.
And they just clog so fast..
My regular screen clog even less since i've put a #325 mesh on it. Bigger the holes, faster the clog..

Lozo

Right I need some advice, my old CH coil fits well into the Qaroma with the 3mm rubies, no issues there and I’m now using an elev8r bowl so the load is a little closer but even on 700 I’m just not getting the extraction I’m used to with my old Vrod running at 575 and lower….even with a good heat soak and just letting the Qaroma sit there for a while is not changing the results, really needs to go up to 750 to start matching the Vrod's output. Can coils lose their ability to heat up, could I have damaged it somehow as it needed a tiny bit of bending to fit? How’s everyone else finding the Qaroma ?

kimura

your coils are probably fine. the manufacturer states that the suggested temp range is 640-740. I run mine at 630 and get great performance. this is achieved solely by moving the load closer to the heater. I am not a fan of placing the load an inch or so away from the heater, which is what the elev8 and qaroma bowls are set up for. I guess they want people to be able to see the load turn from green to golden brown, but I prefer instant vapor so I place the screen right under the heater. this involves fiddling with screens until you find one that stays in place.. I'd welcome a more user friendly solution

you'll note that the CH Ti bowls place the load very close to the heater. distance from the heater makes all the difference IMO.

Texus

Seems like a balancing act to me. Can bump up temps to account for larger distance from flower, which got me the best flavor I've gotten from the CH Baller (via Herborizer bowl), compared to the less deep Qaroma bowl. Have yet to play with Q/C/Taroma and various bowl depths. On the to do list...

kimura

Seems like a balancing act to me. Can bump up temps to account for larger distance from flower, which got me the best flavor I've gotten from the CH Baller (via Herborizer bowl), compared to the less deep Qaroma bowl. Have yet to play with Q/C/Taroma and various bowl depths. On the to do list...
yeah I agree there are tradeoffs. purity flavor may be compromised in the name of speed of vapor production, in some cases. gotta play around with the variables if you are obsessive about performance

cvs8floz

Right I need some advice, my old CH coil fits well into the Qaroma with the 3mm rubies, no issues there and I’m now using an elev8r bowl so the load is a little closer but even on 700 I’m just not getting the extraction I’m used to with my old Vrod running at 575 and lower….even with a good heat soak and just letting the Qaroma sit there for a while is not changing the results, really needs to go up to 750 to start matching the Vrod's output. Can coils lose their ability to heat up, could I have damaged it somehow as it needed a tiny bit of bending to fit? How’s everyone else finding the Qaroma ?
My experience is very similar, waiting for a new coil for the Qaroma to fully test it. Broke out the Ceroma with the GRAV 18mm bowl just for kicks yesterday, I know the screen on this bowl is not ideal and gets dirty faster than others but at least the material is as close to the heater as it can get. Was able to get 2-3 dense hits per bowl at 630F. The Ceroma reminds me of the tile stoves I grew up with in Europe, it radiates heat like no other head I vape with, you can feel the heat in your face when you take a draw.

BKR2311

Typically I don't like to use a lot of herb, but with the Taroma I've tried mixing just about everything I have. I've tried sitting the screens up top on the deep bowls, I've tried the octobowl, I tried an 18mm adaptor with a screen in it, and obviously tried it the standard way.

The absolute best way I've found was just the stock stems with a good amount of herb. I load 3 full scoops -- I keep the heat at 690, and it gives huuuuuuuuuge rips, like massive. It gives probably 6 massive hits and a few clean up hits. The Taroma always fully cooks evenly too. I didn't want to end up going through more herb since it's expensive as fuck here, but this thing really punches with more weed in the bowl. More than any other vape I've tried at least.

I know it seems like a "breaking news: water is wet" thing, but I just thought it might help somebody like me that used to load multiple bowls, whereas 1 big bowl works way better. I'm not really tech savvy (disgrace to my generation I know) otherwise I'd upload a video if anyone was curious the results

Texus

So I am thinking about how snug my coil is with the Qaroma, which due to the material used seems to need a fairly snug fit with the coil to best transmit the heat to the Quartz. So far, two ideas:

1. Find thin metal (Ti?) shims to bridge the gap between the coil and the Qaroma body. Maybe Titanium needles? Need to give that some thought...
  2. Take some pliers to make the coil very slightly oblong, so that there are two good points of contact with the Qaroma body to make for more heat transfer.
  3. Or maybe do the oblong thing and then shims where there remains a gap.

Shadooz

I have a 14 and 18mm Herborizer bowl. I'll try them tomorrow with my Q/C/Taroma.

which got me the best flavor I've gotten from the CH Baller (via Herborizer bowl), compared to the less deep Qaroma bowl.
Best flavor ?
So the herbo bowl works great ? I have 4 of them..

So I am thinking about how snug my coil is with the Qaroma, which due to the material used seems to need a fairly snug fit with the coil to best transmit the heat to the Quartz.
I don't know how the airpath and coil area have air leak. How insulated they are. But if no leaks, thermal paste ?

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
So I am thinking about how snug my coil is with the Qaroma, which due to the material used seems to need a fairly snug fit with the coil to best transmit the heat to the Quartz. So far, two ideas:

1. Find thin metal (Ti?) shims to bridge the gap between the coil and the Qaroma body. Maybe Titanium needles? Need to give that some thought...
  2. Take some pliers to make the coil very slightly oblong, so that there are two good points of contact with the Qaroma body to make for more heat transfer.
  3. Or maybe do the oblong thing and then shims where there remains a gap.
just be careful. not enough heat expansion room and you wil crack that quartz. Troy from 420vapezone found that out fast.

Texus

Best flavor ?
So the herbo bowl works great ? I have 4 of them..

I don't know how the airpath and coil area have air leak. How insulated they are. But if no leaks, thermal paste ?

Yeah I'd wondered if something like that existed. Or if there are reasons this is a baaad idea.

Shadooz

Yeah I'd wondered if something like that existed. Or if there are reasons this is a baaad idea.
I gave u both,

But yes, "boron nitride", which here go to 1562F, (HBR grade ?*), have low feedback about inhalation...
Hugely use in cosmetics, to put on your face though..

Pulmonary granulomas and emphysemas, with powder inhalation, or fumes(5200F boiling point...*).
But granulomas and emphysemas already occur with excessive use of any vaporizer, so... (reason of the "high tolerence" of some bro here.. don't over-pace your self-healing :myday:)

If the airpath is right insulated, there is no worries to use it.
Then there is also the mastic, which they call "puty", but no indication of its compounds. except its indication for ceramic, glass etc..

* "Parts can be made by hot pressing from four commercial grades of h-BN. Grade HBN contains a boron oxide binder; it is usable up to 550–850 °C in oxidizing atmosphere and up to 1600 °C in vacuum, but due to the boron oxide content is sensitive to water. Grade HBR uses a calcium borate binder and is usable at 1600 °C. Grades HBC and HBT contain no binder and can be used up to 3000 °C."

If some can bring u to the moon here, u need me to go till Mars :rofl: :evil:

⚠️can't find the grade, not to use in an Hammam..⚠️

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: Vitolo

Hippie

I've not got one to check but I would probably just wrap the quartz with a strip of aluminium kitchen foil to fill the gap

Hippie,

Lobby

I think I want something that will give me a bigger hit than my Alpha Dog. Right now I’m considering the Taroma or a Weedeater Baller. My wife likes the Flowerpot more because it has been around longer and no overseas shipping. I like the Taroma’s glass bowls, even though I’m not interested the Qaroma because I’m afraid of breaking it. I am looking for something that is going to be long lasting because I won’t be able to buy a replacement.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Anyone recently get a shipment? My order has been at the sorting center for a week, just wondering if that jibes with recent experience.

BKR2311

How far up the bowl does that go, beyond the half-way joint? Has anyone tried loading all the way up to the bottom of the head? I haven't even tried the stock bowl yet.
A little below the half way point. It's probably like 3/4 of the bottom part before that indent to the second half (hopefully that makes sense)

I think I want something that will give me a bigger hit than my Alpha Dog. Right now I’m considering the Taroma or a Weedeater Baller. My wife likes the Flowerpot more because it has been around longer and no overseas shipping. I like the Taroma’s glass bowls, even though I’m not interested the Qaroma because I’m afraid of breaking it. I am looking for something that is going to be long lasting because I won’t be able to buy a replacement.
Could a mod please merge my posts? I know the rules here I just couldn't figure out how to add this reply to my other one (little high but even if I wasn't I don't think I'd figure it out)

As for the upgrade from the Alpha, definitely. Before the Taroma I was using my Alpha and TM mostly. The Alpha is awesome don't get me wrong, but it just couldn't blast out hits back to back, and I vape with my wife so that's pretty important. The Taroma is an absolute powerhouse. Literally the only downside I can think of would be that it's addicting and powerful, causing you to blast through weed.

The only reason I'd ever get another vape would be to get something powerful but also much more efficient, since weed isn't cheap (but I am lol). In the 6 or 7 years I've been vaping, haven't felt the "done" feeling like I have since I got the Taroma. The anvil has piqued my curiosity but we'll see.

Lobby

A little below the half way point. It's probably like 3/4 of the bottom part before that indent to the second half (hopefully that makes sense)

Could a mod please merge my posts? I know the rules here I just couldn't figure out how to add this reply to my other one (little high but even if I wasn't I don't think I'd figure it out)

As for the upgrade from the Alpha, definitely. Before the Taroma I was using my Alpha and TM mostly. The Alpha is awesome don't get me wrong, but it just couldn't blast out hits back to back, and I vape with my wife so that's pretty important. The Taroma is an absolute powerhouse. Literally the only downside I can think of would be that it's addicting and powerful, causing you to blast through weed.

The only reason I'd ever get another vape would be to get something powerful but also much more efficient, since weed isn't cheap (but I am lol). In the 6 or 7 years I've been vaping, haven't felt the "done" feeling like I have since I got the Taroma. The anvil has piqued my curiosity but we'll see.
That’s good to hear. I will agree with you that Anvil is interesting, but not in my budget right now.

Lobby,

Lozo

Just an update on my situation, I picked up a new CH coil as I wasn't sure my old coil was functioning well. I wanted to stick with CH because of current setups, so the new CH coil fits really well into the Qaroma with a little room to wiggle and the older CH coils works too but is tight and needed a bit of manipulation to fit.

Edit: But weirdly the new CH coil doesn't fit the older CH hardware well (sorry if that's a bit off topic)

Last edited:

cvs8floz

Just an update on my situation, I picked up a new CH coil as I wasn't sure my old coil was functioning well. I wanted to stick with CH because of current setups, so the new CH coil fits really well into the Qaroma with a little room to wiggle and the older CH coils works too but is tight and needed a bit of manipulation to fit.

Edit: But weirdly the new CH coil doesn't fit the older CH hardware well (sorry if that's a bit off topic)
Thank you for posting this information, I finally have confirmation that not all CH coils are the same, mine is definitely the kind that "barely" fits in the Qaroma.

Top Bottom