Purifyzer Vaporizer

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Purifizer is a project still not released I came across in Reddit, here the website: https://www.purifyzer.com/

The idea behind that vape is to only vaporize a few amount of the load in order to get fully fresh hits everytime, bowl is like a ring, you turn it to expose the unvaped load to the heat, take a few hits until it's done and turn it again for a few more hits. So no more stirring and taste might be awesome all over the session... if it works!

I found that vaporizer project interesting enough to get a thread here. The manufacturer is active on Reddit so we can expect to see him here very soon.

zzzz.jpg
Hit Rotate Repeat

And a unit pic:

zzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Although they want 400$ for a pre-order expected to be shipped the 22 of August 2020.

Good luck for that new vaporizer, it's intriguing for sure!

Edit: I don't know why but it seems the pics aren't visible but I think you can if you hit the "reply" button.

Modnote: Broken image links fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I was about to post about that one,but you beat me to it :)). Looks really interesting,curious to see how it plays out. I wonder if the technology involved really justifies the 400$ pricetag or is it just the cool looks, for sure 15$ for a single stainless basket screen is a bit too much,lol...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hmmm. At first glance it looks a way overpriced, but I'm still interested to see what becomes of this.

The RotoBOWL idea seems interesting to me.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Please Mods, could you fix the name's thread issue, please replace the second "i" by an "y" to match the true name of this vaporizer!

PPN,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Looks a little weird and minimalist? The 10 second draw doesn't sound long enough for me unless the vapour is super dense, and the 30 draws per charge sounds low to? How many hits to finish off .3 maybe 10 if it's anything like my crafty, so that would mean only 3 bowls per charge. I am only guessing but those numbers make sense to me but again I could be way off. Nothing about this vape really screams out to me including the maximum temperature of 400f

Bad Dog,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Even my crafty max's out at 410f and I find that to low to completely finish off a bowl

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Ramahs

Mr. Me2

The Purifizer is a project still not released I came across in Reddit, here the website: https://www.purifyzer.com/

The idea behind that vape is to only vaporize a few amount of the load in order to get fully fresh hits everytime, bowl is like a ring, you turn it to expose the unvaped load to the heat, take a few hits until it's done and turn it again for a few more hits. So no more stirring and taste might be awesome all over the session... if it works!

I found that vaporizer project interesting enough to get a thread here. The manufacturer is active on Reddit so we can expect to see him here very soon.

1st%20hit-min.webp
2nd%20hit%20and%20rotate-min.webp
3rd%20hit-min.webp

Hit Rotate Repeat

And a unit pic:

2d19b4_df252c6423254bb28ca0103d23014a29~mv2.webp

Although they want 400$ for a pre-order expected to be shipped the 22 of August 2020.

Good luck for that new vaporizer, it's intriguing for sure!

Edit: I don't know why but it seems the pics aren't visible but I think you can if you hit the "reply" button.
too bad. I still can’t see the pictures.

Mr. Me2,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
too bad. I still can’t see the pictures.
You need to hit the "reply" button in my OP and you'll see the pics in your text area before to post the reply (although the pics will be not visible in the posted reply).

About Purifyzer... I agree a 400°F max temp seems pretty low these days... although my HerbalAire is 400°F max temp and is very efficient with the load, abv looks and is fully extracted. We can estimate that's only a typing mistake maybe... who knows?

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Hello Everyone! It is wonderful to have had such a warm welcome from the FC community! Here is some info to clear the air regarding some of your insightful questions:

Heating Type:
-The Purifyzer is a vape of the "dynamic convection" variety, similar to the FireFly in that sense. So it doesn't pre-heat. It only heats when you begin to inhale and gradually ramps up to the chosen temp.

Typical User:
-Primarily tailored to the lower-dose user that places a high value on freshness and purity. The minimal doser that likes to get inebriated on occasion.

Form Factor:
-About the size of an iPhone 5.

Usage:
-Turn it on, set the temp, and you're ready to hit.
-It gently vibrates in real-time to let you know if you are inhaling too hard, so no more relying on "feel" to get the draw just right. Consistency is automatically taken care of.
-A standard Q-tip can fit inside all areas that should be cleaned. No proprietary cleaning instruments. No removable parts, other than the bowl-piece which is easily cleaned with the included container. Just drop it in, add isopropyl alcohol, shake and rinse with water then let dry. (more step-by-step info in user guide on website).
-The circular bowl is extremely easy to pack, thanks to the included bowl-packer (more step-by-step info in user guide on website).
-"10 seconds" is the minimum recommended inhalation time in which you'll get adequate vapor from a fresh bowl; you may inhale for longer if you wish.

Cooling:
During development, we designed the device so that the "warm areas" are insulated from the "cool areas" with tightly packed thermal insulation. The "cool areas" will naturally, as with all devices, become warm over time because no thermal insulation is 100 percent efficient. When the "cool areas" become warmer, they dissipate the heat very quickly because the device's entire exterior is anodized aluminum; a material with excellent thermal conductivity and wonderful emissivity. (meaning it gets rid of heat very quickly). Heat is generally highly retained within the "warm areas" because the aforementioned insulation is tightly packed and of high quality. That's how we did our best to solve this thermal engineering challenge, and eliminate the need for external cooling by means of improving the device's design from the start.

Hygienic Experience:
Many of us here at Purifyzer have engineering backgrounds; thats what drove the idea for the automatic robotic lid, because we simply find those kinds of things really cool, and we just had to do it! All surfaces the inhaled air ever touch are medical grade, and include:
- Anodized Aluminum
- Dental-Grade Ceramic
- Electropolished Stainless-Steel

Craftsmanship:
-Handmade in Scottsdale, AZ USA from high quality materials by skilled technicians and engineers. (more specific material info on product page)

Again, its so exciting to be part of the FC forum! You people are so knowledgeable and helpful. Super stoked!

EDIT:
Oh and for those that didn't see pics, they are on the website along with videos and other info to aid your understanding:
https://www.purifyzer.com/

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you for your presence, is 400°F the max t°, please?

PPN,

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Thank you for your presence, is 400°F the max t°, please?
Yes.

Oh wow. It maxes out at only 400?

I suspect that low max-temp would make it a PITA to keep clean!
Well naturally that would be case, but luckily, all areas that must be cleaned were designed to be large enough to be accessed by a standard Q-tip. There are no removable parts (except the bowl if you wish to count that), and all areas that vaporized herb travel through are easily accessible with the Q-tip. There are some really helpful illustrations in the User Guide that show how simple it really is. Nobody likes cleaning, but we did our best to make it as easy as possible.

Hope this helped, cleaning illustrations are on the last pages. User Guide Link

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello Everyone! It is wonderful to have had such a warm welcome from the FC community! Here is some info to clear the air regarding some of your insightful questions:

Heating Type:
-The Purifyzer is a vape of the "dynamic convection" variety, similar to the FireFly in that sense. So it doesn't pre-heat. It only heats when you begin to inhale and gradually ramps up to the chosen temp.

Typical User:
-Primarily tailored to the lower-dose user that places a high value on freshness and purity. The minimal doser that likes to get inebriated on occasion.

Form Factor:
-About the size of an iPhone 5.

Usage:
-Turn it on, set the temp, and you're ready to hit.
-It gently vibrates in real-time to let you know if you are inhaling too hard, so no more relying on "feel" to get the draw just right. Consistency is automatically taken care of.
-A standard Q-tip can fit inside all areas that should be cleaned. No proprietary cleaning instruments. No removable parts, other than the bowl-piece which is easily cleaned with the included container. Just drop it in, add isopropyl alcohol, shake and rinse with water then let dry. (more step-by-step info in user guide on website).
-The circular bowl is extremely easy to pack, thanks to the included bowl-packer (more step-by-step info in user guide on website).
-"10 seconds" is the minimum recommended inhalation time in which you'll get adequate vapor from a fresh bowl; you may inhale for longer if you wish.

Cooling:
During development, we designed the device so that the "warm areas" are insulated from the "cool areas" with tightly packed thermal insulation. The "cool areas" will naturally, as with all devices, become warm over time because no thermal insulation is 100 percent efficient. When the "cool areas" become warmer, they dissipate the heat very quickly because the device's entire exterior is anodized aluminum; a material with excellent thermal conductivity and wonderful emissivity. (meaning it gets rid of heat very quickly). Heat is generally highly retained within the "warm areas" because the aforementioned insulation is tightly packed and of high quality. That's how we did our best to solve this thermal engineering challenge, and eliminate the need for external cooling by means of improving the device's design from the start.

Hygienic Experience:
Many of us here at Purifyzer have engineering backgrounds; thats what drove the idea for the automatic robotic lid, because we simply find those kinds of things really cool, and we just had to do it! All surfaces the inhaled air ever touch are medical grade, and include:
- Anodized Aluminum
- Dental-Grade Ceramic
- Electropolished Stainless-Steel

Craftsmanship:
-Handmade in Scottsdale, AZ USA from high quality materials by skilled technicians and engineers. (more specific material info on product page)

Again, its so exciting to be part of the FC forum! You people are so knowledgeable and helpful. Super stoked!

EDIT:
Oh and for those that didn't see pics, they are on the website along with videos and other info to aid your understanding:
https://www.purifyzer.com/

Welcome to FC!! Color me intrigued!!

I like the idea of preserving flavor, the firefly had such great flavor for the first few hits and then degraded, to be able to control the extraction like this sounds pretty promising to me... The design looks nice and sleek, quite unique as well!

Curious about the heating element, stainless steel? And you mentioned cooling, but did that include cooling the vapor as you inhale and create it? Nice to know that it will handle heat effectively so the device itself won't get too hot to handle, but yeah strong convection vapor can be hot and harsh depending on the vapor path of course.

I'm not necessarily worried about the 400 degree temp limit, since I often vape below that, but mainly because temperatures across vapes can be so relative and subjective? The question is not necessarily the temperature is rated for, but how thorough the extraction will be in practice... Does it have temp settings, or is it just one open loop like the original Firefly?

Yes the price is high, but if this is a brand new product it makes sense, hopefully it can deliver and be worthy of such cost though? Pre-orders is a tricky game in this industry!

Good luck to you and the team, looking forward to hear and see more of this!

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Welcome to FC!! Color me intrigued!!

I like the idea of preserving flavor, the firefly had such great flavor for the first few hits and then degraded, to be able to control the extraction like this sounds pretty promising to me... The design looks nice and sleek, quite unique as well!

Curious about the heating element, stainless steel? And you mentioned cooling, but did that include cooling the vapor as you inhale and create it? Nice to know that it will handle heat effectively so the device itself won't get too hot to handle, but yeah strong convection vapor can be hot and harsh depending on the vapor path of course.

I'm not necessarily worried about the 400 degree temp limit, since I often vape below that, but mainly because temperatures across vapes can be so relative and subjective? The question is not necessarily the temperature is rated for, but how thorough the extraction will be in practice... Does it have temp settings, or is it just one open loop like the original Firefly?

Yes the price is high, but if this is a brand new product it makes sense, hopefully it can deliver and be worthy of such cost though? Pre-orders is a tricky game in this industry!

Good luck to you and the team, looking forward to hear and see more of this!

Vapor Cooling During Inhalation?
The vapor path is very direct and linear. No strange curves or bends. Now while this in itself would make for warmer vapor; when factors like the thermal conductivity of the anodized aluminum airway come into play, things change pretty significantly. Much of the vapor's heat is thermally absorbed into the airway (which is thermally insulated/"separated" from the frame as much as we could for such a thin device). The vapor isn't the coolest you'd find, but it is surprisingly cool considering how the thermal properties of the airway compensate for the very short vapor path. This short/open path makes for easy Q-tip access ultimately, so we had to strike a practical balance at one point.

Heating Element Materials/Construction/Specifics?
The actual electrical heating conductor that generates heat is a suitably hygienic grade of Kanthal resistance material, coupled into a special grade of dental ceramic to heat the air flowing into/around it on-demand and hygienically.

Temperature Accuracy?
Right ahead of that heating element is a borosilicate glass temperature sensor, to directly measure the actual heat temp of the air flowing past it. You can see this tiny borosilicate glass sensor in the User Manual (later pages, circled with a warning saying "DON'T CLEAN INSIDE THIS AREA"). Notice how its right before/next to the bowl piece in the pathway, this provides further accuracy of the actual air temp reaching the herb.

Pre-Orders Note
Yes, it can be tricky indeed, but we are very grateful and appreciative of the support thus far. They are assembling units at our Arizona facility as we speak. We didn't crowd-source for our development or production costs throughout the years, things were privately funded. The pre-order idea from what I am told is to establish some initial market demand/awareness ahead of time and ease into e-commerce.

Intended User Note
This device isn't really aimed at those who wish to continuously vaporize non-stop during say an hour long hardcore multi-gram session. Its for the micro/medium doser that perhaps enjoys brief sessions, each session consisting of a few long, pure draws to acquire their desired effect/high quickly and continue with their day/night activities. It wouldn't be too bad for the occasional long session to get as high as possible, but that isn't the primary goal of the device. Just wanted to add this so others better understand the device and have more educated expectations.

Thank you for your hospitality and conversation, best wishes!

A bit more on specs at the following link:
Purifyzer Specs/Details

JEMSKU

Cool concept, I like the roto-bowl... But spare mesh screens are $15 a piece? I can't afford to own this vape, assuming I could stomach the purchase of $400 vape with a non-replaceable battery.

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Cool concept, I like the roto-bowl... But spare mesh screens are $15 a piece? I can't afford to own this vape, assuming I could stomach the purchase of $400 vape with a non-replaceable battery.

Bowl Info:
There are no mesh screens, only the RotoBOWLs, and yes, they are at this time $15 each. They are not intended to be replaced, and cannot be bent by hand easily like traditional thin mesh material. They are rigid and strong, made to last.

Long-Term Battery Life Info:
(this is from a comment we posted on reddit to a similar question like yours)
"Getting the size down for such a small dynamic-convection device was a huge challenge that required lots of resources and resulted in having to use a proprietary battery instead of a larger generic 18650 (the device is about half as thin as an 18650's diameter, and slim size reigned priority in this case).

On the bright side the integrated battery is over-rated by factor of about three (so the device only utilizes about a third of the battery's maximum rated discharge output, so the battery isn't being fully taxed during use, which helps increase long and short term life dramatically). Some creative cooling solutions we have implemented also help reduce temperature fluctuations of the device's entirely anodized-aluminum exterior frame (and internal electronics/battery) as well. A replaceable battery would be awesome, now considering the integrated battery charges from 0 to full in ~45-60 mins and discharges over a few sessions; its not too bad of a trade off in our opinion."

Just wanted to clarify and help everyone better understand. Thank you JEMSKU for the insightful questions!

Shit Snacks

Bowl Info:
There are no mesh screens, only the RotoBOWLs, and yes, they are at this time $15 each. They are not intended to be replaced, and cannot be bent by hand easily like traditional thin mesh material. They are rigid and strong, made to last.

Long-Term Battery Life Info:
(this is from a comment we posted on reddit to a similar question like yours)
"Getting the size down for such a small dynamic-convection device was a huge challenge that required lots of resources and resulted in having to use a proprietary battery instead of a larger generic 18650 (the device is about half as thin as an 18650's diameter, and slim size reigned priority in this case).

On the bright side the integrated battery is over-rated by factor of about three (so the device only utilizes about a third of the battery's maximum rated discharge output, so the battery isn't being fully taxed during use, which helps increase long and short term life dramatically). Some creative cooling solutions we have implemented also help reduce temperature fluctuations of the device's entirely anodized-aluminum exterior frame (and internal electronics/battery) as well. A replaceable battery would be awesome, now considering the integrated battery charges from 0 to full in ~45-60 mins and discharges over a few sessions; its not too bad of a trade off in our opinion."

Just wanted to clarify and help everyone better understand. Thank you JEMSKU for the insightful questions!

Just wanted to say you seem to be thinking of everything, liking what I read so far! Forgive me if this was mentioned, does it charge with usbC? I wish I could justify a $400 purchase like this right now, sounds like a nice vape I might have taken the gamble on to early adopt otherwise...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ramahs

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Just wanted to say you seem to be thinking of everything, liking what I read so far! Forgive me if this was mentioned, does it charge with usbC? I wish I could justify a $400 purchase like this right now, sounds like a nice vape I might have taken the gamble on to early adopt otherwise...
Yes, it charges via a USB-C port (more info in Purifyzer User Guide page 6).

We know the price is relatively high, and this has largely been due to our philosophy on keeping design, development and manufacturing American. Utilizing the epitome of quality materials for the device's construction has also been a large factor. Thank you for the honest feedback on this area of the product!

Shit Snacks

We know the price is relatively high, and this has largely been due to our philosophy on keeping design, development and manufacturing American. Utilizing the epitome of quality materials for the device's construction has also been a large factor. Thank you for the honest feedback on this area of the product!

Oh and to be clear, I think the price does sound fair from everything you are saying, though it can be a bit inaccessible for many!

Tiny88

Deluxe420

Hi There,

You are definitely in the right forum, we are a band of vaporizer enthusiasts!

However, we are also a tough crowd...many of us have been burned by new vaporizer companies that had great promise, but eventually performance fell short of our expectations. We have gone through the unpleasant experience of the Grasshopper vape and their RMAs, the Ghost and the Haze going defunct. I am not very keen on vapes that a) don't come with replaceable batteries and b) vapes that uses proprietary batteries. IMHO $400 is an outrageous amount of $$ to ask for a vape specifically when the battery dies, the vape is nothing more than a paper weight.

Don't want to sound harsh, but many of us here have gone through a lot of vapes.

Last edited:

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Hi There,

You are definitely in the right forum, we are a band of vaporizer enthusiasts!

However, we are also a tough crowd...many of us have been burned by new vaporizer companies that had great promise, but eventually performance fell short of our expectations. We have gone through the unpleasant experience of the Grasshopper vape and their RMAs, the Ghost and the Haze going defunct. I am not very keen on vapes that a) don't come with replaceable batteries and b) vapes that uses proprietary batteries. IMHO $400 is an outrageous amount of $$ to ask for a vape specifically when the battery dies, the vape is nothing more than a paper weight.

Don't want to sound harsh, but many of us here have gone through a lot of vapes.
You are correct in that regard, Tiny88. The Purfiyzer isn't for everything/every vaping scenario, and we are trying to make that apparent to everyone so that when people buy it they are not expecting for example; a Volcano's large bowl-capacity and a multi-gram lasting battery with spacetime traveling ability. That would be pretty cool, though. You may be able to travel to different dimensions if you have the right bud. Results may vary.

Over-promising just leads to disappointment, in our opinion. Now, what can be said is that we recommend our product for user's that resonate with our Intended User Descriptions above. That's the usage-type its been designed to accommodate from the beginning. Some other types of use (like having large group sessions) it will not perform that well in. Just being honest.

It charge's from 0 to full in under an hour via USB-C if you were wondering about the charge time. The battery (made in California) is over-spec'd (details in above replies) to be better suited for consistent long-term life/performance.

Thank you for the insightful feedback!

Tiny88

Deluxe420
You are correct in that regard, Tiny88. The Purfiyzer isn't for everything/every vaping scenario, and we are trying to make that apparent to everyone so that when people buy it they are not expecting for example; a Volcano's large bowl-capacity and a multi-gram lasting battery with spacetime traveling ability. That would be pretty cool, though. You may be able to travel to different dimensions if you have the right bud. Results may vary.

Over-promising just leads to disappointment, in our opinion. Now, what can be said is that we recommend our product for user's that resonate with our Intended User Descriptions above. That's the usage-type its been designed to accommodate from the beginning. Some other types of use (like having large group sessions) it will not perform that well in. Just being honest.

It charge's from 0 to full in under an hour via USB-C if you were wondering about the charge time. The battery (made in California) is over-spec'd (details in above replies) to be better suited for consistent long-term life/performance.

Thanks for your reply... I just have few questions:

1) Who is your target market? Who are your "intended users"? This will give me an idea if this fits my lifestyle.

2) What is the competitive advantage with respect to your vape that warrants a $400 price tag? Like is the vapor super cool? Not trying to be a jerk, but just curious.

3) In terms of battery life - if I were using your vape as my daily driver, how many years should the battery last?

Thanks for indulging me... this is the checklist of questions that I need answered before buying any new vapes, as I have a Grasshopper stuck in the RMA process since Nov 2019.... Once bitten, twice shy

Tiny88

LongDraw

Sorry, had to reply/quote this. This is the type of answers i like from companies. Not bleeding edge tech that will transform the world, but a great device suitable for solo maybe duo use, with a bit of levity thrown in. Been watching this device and liking the respones so far. I agree, 400 is steep, BUT the manufacturer is being straight up from the beginning. Read, wait for review, cause won't be for everyone. Grats!!

Top Bottom