Purifyzer Vaporizer

floribud

I've been wanting a Firefly that I don't have to stir. Sounds like they figured that out .... but $400 .... hmmm and that airpath looks short. The Firefly's cooling is one of it's biggest strengths, I wander how this will perform.

floribud,
Reactions: Purifyzer

Summer

Long Island, NY
1) Who is your target market? Who are your "intended users"?
Typical User:
-Primarily tailored to the lower-dose user that places a high value on freshness and purity. The minimal doser that likes to get inebriated on occasion.
Intended User Note
This device isn't really aimed at those who wish to continuously vaporize non-stop during say an hour long hardcore multi-gram session. Its for the micro/medium doser that perhaps enjoys brief sessions, each session consisting of a few long, pure draws to acquire their desired effect/high quickly and continue with their day/night activities. It wouldn't be too bad for the occasional long session to get as high as possible, but that isn't the primary goal of the device.
The idea behind that vape is to only vaporize a few amount of the load in order to get fully fresh hits everytime, bowl is like a ring, you turn it to expose the unvaped load to the heat, take a few hits until it's done and turn it again for a few more hits. So no more stirring and taste might be awesome all over the session.

2) What is the competitive advantage with respect to your vape that warrants a $400 price tag? Like is the vapor super cool?
All surfaces the inhaled air ever touch are medical grade, and include:
- Anodized Aluminum
- Dental-Grade Ceramic
- Electropolished Stainless-Steel
Craftsmanship:
-Handmade in Scottsdale, AZ USA from high quality materials by skilled technicians and engineers.
We know the price is relatively high, and this has largely been due to our philosophy on keeping design, development and manufacturing American. Utilizing the epitome of quality materials for the device's construction has also been a large factor.

Heating Type:
-The Purifyzer is a vape of the "dynamic convection" variety, similar to the FireFly in that sense. So it doesn't pre-heat. It only heats when you begin to inhale and gradually ramps up to the chosen temp.
Temperature Accuracy?
Right ahead of that heating element is a borosilicate glass temperature sensor, to directly measure the actual heat temp of the air flowing past it.
-It gently vibrates in real-time to let you know if you are inhaling too hard, so no more relying on "feel" to get the draw just right. Consistency is automatically taken care of.
There are no removable parts (except the bowl if you wish to count that), and all areas that vaporized herb travel through are easily accessible with the Q-tip. There are some really helpful illustrations in the User Guide that show how simple it really is. Nobody likes cleaning, but we did our best to make it as easy as possible.
Heating Element Materials/Construction/Specifics?
The actual electrical heating conductor that generates heat is a suitably hygienic grade of Kanthal resistance material, coupled into a special grade of dental ceramic to heat the air flowing into/around it on-demand and hygienically.
When the "cool areas" become warmer, they dissipate the heat very quickly because the device's entire exterior is anodized aluminum; a material with excellent thermal conductivity and wonderful emissivity. (meaning it gets rid of heat very quickly). Heat is generally highly retained within the "warm areas" because the aforementioned insulation is tightly packed and of high quality. That's how we did our best to solve this thermal engineering challenge, and eliminate the need for external cooling

Their website has User Guide & specs.

it charges via a USB-C port

@Purifyzer, based on the vid below, how are the USB-C mounted on the motherboard? What quality cable are you using? And how tightly in/to the frame is the USB port?

Last edited:

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Their website has User Guide & specs.

@Purifyzer, based on the vid below, how are the USB-C mounted on the motherboard? What quality cable are you using? And how tightly in/to the frame is the USB port?

First off, thank you so much for compiling these common questions and helping the community!

USB-C Reliability
According to
Love Sobhani, our Principal Design Engineer:

"Our design mounting/concept is not shown in that video, but thank you for sharing. We use an engineering technique that's a bit less common and more tedious, though, definitely has its benefits. There is a separate circuit board directly dedicated to the USB-C receptacle, which then connects to the primary controlling circuit board via rugged hand-soldered wires that are held in place and insulated from moisture with a special electronics-friendly adhesive/sealant. The benefit of this design arrangement is that the USB-C receptacle's small separate circuit board can be completely encapsulated in a protective, ultra-strong adhesive that prevents corrosion and retain it. Furthermore, a separate structural adhesive is used that bonds the metal on the USB-C's receptacle directly to the Purifyzer's metal frame. This is a direct "USB-C receptacle metal" to "frame metal" bond; not a traditional "USB electrical contact pins" to "sensitive primary circuit board" bond, with no supporting structures/adhesive except electrical solder, which isn't that strong. In most other designs the USB-C receptacle is directly mounted onto the primary circuit board, which then stresses it every time a cable is inserted/removed causing failure in the long term. Sure, that technique has its place but its not for us. We bonded our USB-C receptacle directly to the Purifyzer's aluminum frame so that only the frame and USB-C receptacle are uniformly stressed during insertion/removal, completely isolating and preventing stress from propagating to the primary circuit board and unwanted areas. The adhesive we use in similar to 3M DP460, its even recommended for aerospace applications"

EDIT. We made a posting error/reply on this thread and to confirm...
This is a link to the actual USB-C receptacle we use. Just on their own, they are ~$4 each, and of very high quality!

I forward your question to him and that's what he had to say, hope this helped!

Last edited:

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Thanks for your reply... I just have few questions:

1) Who is your target market? Who are your "intended users"? This will give me an idea if this fits my lifestyle.

2) What is the competitive advantage with respect to your vape that warrants a $400 price tag? Like is the vapor super cool? Not trying to be a jerk, but just curious.

3) In terms of battery life - if I were using your vape as my daily driver, how many years should the battery last?

Thanks for indulging me... this is the checklist of questions that I need answered before buying any new vapes, as I have a Grasshopper stuck in the RMA process since Nov 2019.... Once bitten, twice shy

Tiny88

1) Who is your target market? Who are your "intended users"? This will give me an idea if this fits my lifestyle.

According to our recently updated product page:

"Vaping Style:
Purifyzer is tailored to the ascender that likes to micro/medium dose, and at other times feel the full thrill of herbal inebriation. For the patron that enjoys brief sessions, of a few puffs each, to acquire their desired effects throughout the day. For a patron desiring the epitome of vapor purity and freshness; made possible by Purifyzer's patented RotoBOWL technology and supremely hygienic composition, among other novel innovations."

"Perform

...at your peak. Control your desired effects with predictable ease. Move onto and above your level with grace, at your own comfortable pace. Though, if getting inebriated is your race, worry not; Purifyzer can still put you in first place!"

So, if you resonate with most of the prior and generally prefer sessions with 1-5 long hits, it should suit you very well. If you are on the go or just like to elevate briefly and continue with your day, it would be a great fit. Keep in mind this is a "dynamic-convection" vape, like the Firefly only in that regard. So hits are longer than say a conduction vape, usually 10+ seconds. Heat ramps up from the beginning to middle of your hit, enabling a broad and rich extraction spectrum. The Purifyzer vibrates when you inhale to harshly, so you know exactly how briskly to inhale to get consistent results from the beginning. Don't worry, its a very gentle and soothing vibration that stops in real-time when your inhaling rate decreases to within the optimal range during the puff. Its like a subtle "vape trainer", generally aiding the newcomer's. It only vibrates when you go above the suction-threshold. Anytime below that threshold it does not vibrate, because otherwise it would be very annoying.

2) What is the competitive advantage with respect to your vape that warrants a $400 price tag? Like is the vapor super cool? Not trying to be a jerk, but just curious.

Factually speaking, it is:

-The slimmest dynamic convection portable vaporizer available. Roughly the size of an iPhone 5.
-Utilizing our patented RotoBOWL technology, enabling the freshest hits of any portable vape, on a continuous session with having to re-pack the bowl. Packing the RotoBOWL is very easy with the included bowl-packing kit, providing highly repeatable packing.

-The easiest portable vaporizer to completely deep-clean (with isopropyl alcohol):
Needed to clean device = One Q-tip. That's it. Seriously. See end of user guide for more info.
Needed to clean RotoBOWL = The included cleaning container.
Other maintenance? None.
Removable parts/screens/meshes to clean/replace? None. (well, except the RotoBOWL if you count that. It requires periodic cleaning and is made from a rigid mesh that is built to last)

-Only vape that communicates with you via silent and subtle-vibration during puff, to ensure optimal hits not just based on a subjective audible "whistling" like other vapes or "feel" to get it just right. This feature adds infallible and consistent puffing performance, no matter the user.
-One of, if not, the only plastic-free electronic portable device. Not even in one square millimeter of the entire device's exterior or vapor path is there any plastic. It's all medical-class anodized aluminum, borosilicate glass, or stainless-steel among other materials. No plastic mouthpieces/plastic in vapor path like other vapes.
-Made in America (Scottsdale, AZ) with both the hands of skilled technicians and the aid of automated precision. Not some overseas-assembled american-branded affair.
-Designed with a "no expense spared" approach to acquiring the epitome of vapor quality in such a compact portable device.

Yes, if using fresh herb the vapor is quite cool and refreshing, more info on how the temp is reduced and what we have done to aid that area of performance:

Vapor/Device Cooling info:

"Cooling was a developmental challenge at first, but we overcame it by implementing thermal insulation in unique ways. The design essentially isolates the components that get hot and the ones that shouldn't, and incorporates copious tightly-packed thermal insulation between those areas. Now, because the device doesn't pre-heat, it only becomes warm over several hits. Naturally no thermal insulation is 100% efficient, so it dissipates the remaining heat and cools quickly through its entirely anodized aluminum exterior (which has great thermal dissipation properties). "

"the heating chamber and airway are all built into one solid anodized aluminum component; it is easy to both thermally insulate and dissipate heat where needed (transfer heat into the herb and keep that heat from being absorbed into the exterior frame). When the device does eventually get slightly warm after several consecutive hits, it cools quickly in a few moments as the entire exterior surface is anodized aluminum which has a very good coefficient of thermal conductivity, allowing it to get rid of heat and cool down quickly.

"hot convection air passes through the stainless rotatable bowl 4 total times during its travel, excessive heat is dissipated into the bowl, chamber, airway-surfaces and withdrawn from the vapor itself."

Even on the highest temp (400) the vapor is only slightly warm, and by no means is it harsh or uncomfortable at all. Again, mainly due to us having to compensate for the short airway by utilizing more advanced thermodynamic cooling techniques get the vapor temp as low as possible given this arrangement and size.

3) In terms of battery life - if I were using your vape as my daily driver, how many years should the battery last?

Short answer = Greatly depends, ~4 to ~8 years before capacity reduces to 75% or less of its original capacity. This is why we used an over-spec'd battery, to compensate for this natural degradation as much as we could, and still have adequate long-term life remaining. It will still occur to some degree. We are not claiming it wont, or that it has magical powers. Your herb? Well, now that might have magical powers. Results may vary. Battery life greatly depends on usage-frequency, average user-set temperature, device storage temperature, battery depletion levels (do you recharge at 0 vs 30 percent, for example), charging environment temperature and many other simply unknown user-induced variables.

Thank you for the insightful questions, they will surely help others better understand if it's a good fit for them!

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
I've been wanting a Firefly that I don't have to stir. Sounds like they figured that out .... but $400 .... hmmm and that airpath looks short. The Firefly's cooling is one of it's biggest strengths, I wander how this will perform.
Yes, it is a rather short air-path. We had to do our best to strengthen other design aspects in order to compensate for this:

Vapor/Device Cooling info:

"Cooling was a developmental challenge at first, but we overcame it by implementing thermal insulation in unique ways. The design essentially isolates the components that get hot and the ones that shouldn't, and incorporates copious tightly-packed thermal insulation between those areas. Now, because the device doesn't pre-heat, it only becomes warm over several hits. Naturally no thermal insulation is 100% efficient, so it dissipates the remaining heat and cools quickly through its entirely anodized aluminum exterior (which has great thermal dissipation properties). "

"the heating chamber and airway are all built into one solid anodized aluminum component; it is easy to both thermally insulate and dissipate heat where needed (transfer heat into the herb and keep that heat from being absorbed into the exterior frame). When the device does eventually get slightly warm after several consecutive hits, it cools quickly in a few moments as the entire exterior surface is anodized aluminum which has a very good coefficient of thermal conductivity, allowing it to get rid of heat and cool down quickly.

"hot convection air passes through the stainless rotatable bowl 4 total times during its travel, excessive heat is dissipated into the bowl, chamber, airway-surfaces and withdrawn from the vapor itself."

Even on the highest temp (400) the vapor is only slightly warm, and by no means is it harsh or uncomfortable at all. Again, mainly due to us having to compensate for the short airway by utilizing more advanced thermodynamic cooling techniques to get the vapor temp as low as possible given this arrangement and size.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looks great @Purifyzer, very nice video!

So you do still need to open it and expose the herb to rotate the bowl... Though you can get multiple hits at one spot before doing so? Sort of like a capsule replacement, definitely innovative, in a nice sleek design!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do you have to rotate the bowl with your finger?I thought Roto-bowl is rotating on its own,lol.. :) This way it is not much different than poking around your load. Also mesh is still gonna get hot from convection and terpenes at areas unexposed to direct convection will still suffer,especially if you wanna get back to it later ?

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Looks great @Purifyzer, very nice video!

So you do still need to open it and expose the herb to rotate the bowl... Though you can get multiple hits at one spot before doing so? Sort of like a capsule replacement, definitely innovative, in a nice sleek design!

Do you have to rotate the bowl with your finger?I thought Roto-bowl is rotating on its own,lol.. :) This way it is not much different than poking around your load. Also mesh is still gonna get hot from convection and terpenes at areas unexposed to direct convection will still suffer,especially if you wanna get back to it later ?

Thank you, and yes, you can take a few hits before rotating. A user would pack a new bowl, insert it, and after a few
puffs they would manually rotate it to expose fresh un-vaped herb to be vaped. The bowl can only be manually rotated by the user's finger when they prefer to get fresher puffs.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Price tag aside, watched the video,
button press opens bowl access, cool, thought of James Bond...... but..
On next opening, a FINGER goes in to manually rotate the bowl.....

I’m OUT.
Wish you the best.

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Price tag aside, watched the video,
button press opens bowl access, cool, thought of James Bond...... but..
On next opening, a FINGER goes in to manually rotate the bowl.....

I’m OUT.
Wish you the best.
Thank you! Also for the record, the force in which the lid opens and closes is harmless to the user's fingers. It's very,very gentle. Just wanted to add this fact to help everyone better understand that aspect of it.

Purifyzer,

Shit Snacks

I wonder if there might be some way to rotate the bowl with the door closed with magnets or something?! Stoned thought

floribud

Looks cool!

I'm more disappointed to have to open the unit and manual turn the bowl, but by no means is that a deal-breaker!

It's looking like a deal-breaker to me at $400. The unit is most like the Firefly $250 but often has coupons for $200.

So this has the advantage over the Firefly of the turnable bowl vs stirring, but it comes at the cost of needing to carry around that filling tool. While the firefly simply requires any type of stir tool (even a toothpick) and is relatively easy to load. Might be a good tradeoff, but that extra $200 is going to be tough to justify. This is one of those that I might buy but I'd really have to try it first. Can't wait to hear what Sneaky Pete, Troy, and Jerry Stickstones have to say.

I think a lot of us are disappointed since the website says its a "robotic vaporizer" and the thing was called the ROTO-bowl. We assumed it would be a robotically turning bowl

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It's looking like a deal-breaker to me at $400. The unit is most like the Firefly $250 but often has coupons for $200.

So this has the advantage over the Firefly of the turnable bowl vs stirring, but it comes at the cost of needing to carry around that filling tool. While the firefly simply requires any type of stir tool (even a toothpick) and is relatively easy to load. Might be a good tradeoff, but that extra $200 is going to be tough to justify. This is one of those that I might buy but I'd really have to try it first. Can't wait to hear what Sneaky Pete, Troy, and Jerry Stickstones have to say.

I think a lot of us are disappointed since the website says its a "robotic vaporizer" and the thing was called the ROTO-bowl. We assumed it would be a robotically turning bowl
Even just a mechanical round bowl cover with MARKED indents, that had some way of gripping then turning to the next indent when you spent that section of herb. The idea of fresh herb is not new, the maker of the Journey Pipe (combustion), had a round device called the “Keo Disc”; “Continuous pleasure, Disc has huge bowl, smoked in 15 sections”, look it up, you immediately see the similarities.

Shit Snacks

Very good points, even with all the potential shortcomings, I could see paying $200 for this way more easily than $400, especially considering the early adoption risk...

mephisto

I have to agree with the $ spent for a convection vape, with a low temperature ceiling of 400. Although the robotic door open is cool, it does not lend to the overall vaping experience if I have to manually load the rotobowl, and manually rotate bowl for a fresh coupla hits.......I would have no problem
with the price if the temp went higher and the bowl was more "roto" than "mano". Good luck with your vape, it looks well made.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The idea of fresh herb is not new, the maker of the Journey Pipe (combustion), had a round device called the “Keo Disc”; “Continuous pleasure, Disc has huge bowl, smoked in 15 sections”, look it up, you immediately see the similarities.

True! Six Shooter pipe anyone!? :brow:

six_shooter_650-size.jpg

justcametomind

If the rotation would not be automated the vape would cost less and would be probably require less service in time. I don’t like the style of the internet site of the vape with jewelry and stuff and stuff to resemble an idea of high end objects.
Many points in common with this vape, which unfortunately is only available in Israel atm.

justcametomind,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
New video! We wanted to share it so others may better understand the device, its features and usage in general. A brief and fun 2 minute demo/overview. Enjoy!

Thanks for the video...

Can you load the the bowl without the loading tool? It doesn't seem that practical in terms of portability. Having to carry around this speed packer seems a little high maintenance.

Tiny88,

Purifyzer

Manufacturer
Thanks for the video...

Can you load the the bowl without the loading tool? It doesn't seem that practical in terms of portability. Having to carry around this speed packer seems a little high maintenance.
Yes, it can be loaded without the SpeedPacker.

-Multiple strains can be packed and separately or simultaneously vaporized with the RotoBOWL as well, depending on how you have it rotated. The SpeedPacker funnel has funnel dividers (visible in User Guide), one for each half of the bowl's herbal "donut" so to speak. Different strains for different vibes/times of day if you are into that. This is, of course, totally optional. You may pack with just one strain if that's your style too.

-The entire volume of the bowl (not just the outer "herb ring" that you see in the videos/website) may be loaded if you wish. Packing the whole thing is ideal for users that aren't really in the "micro/medium" doser category; also users looking to tune/experiment with their vapor characteristics.

Thank you for the question!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
im interested but will wait until after its been released and in peoples hands

Sour Dream,
Top Bottom