PUFFiT portable

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Do it. I used GV and an RMA # and free shipping, free shipping back, and will be back in less time than shipping to HK would take

how did you get free shipping to GV??? i got my RMA last night and i getting it packaged up to go out today and i don't see a label only an RMA number and instructions. so it clearly appears i have to pay for shipping.

mmenzie,

OF

It's an o.k. hit for a portable, but not the best. Which is fine. But again, here's another, "It's supposed to be a weak hitter!" type defense of the unit.

No one designs a vape, takes a hit, and goes, "Aww man this unit is too strong. I am TORE UP! let's make this bitch a lil weaker".

While I agree with your opinion (or at least think it's legitimate, I've never seen or tried one) I'm not sure your point about the design is on target in this case. The design goals would have included a compact package, carrying just enough herb for the job (more would have cut further into the modest battery power available just to heat) and just 'enough' production (more again would defeat other goals). It's not the same as happens in many designs. I think the idea was to get to 'enough for most' point, not the 'please everyone' one?

Remember, as users we cover a very wide range of levels. Guys looking for ten times the levels of others are very common. 20 or 30 times not uncommon. I know guys that use more in a session than I use in a week, and have no doubts I use more in a week than many in a month.

Some of us are happy with an occasional beer after work, others challenge W.C. Fields......

OF

bigtvapes

LOL good point. Believe me I'm fine with the strength of mine. I simply disagree with the idea that someone is wrong for expecting a nice hit for a portable. All I'm trying to say. I get a lil crazy sometimes and my point gets fuzzy depending on the vake level ;-)

bigtvapes,
Reactions: OF

OF

I simply disagree with the idea that someone is wrong for expecting a nice hit for a portable. All I'm trying to say.

Spot on!!

They are no more wrong than the guys who are happy with it as is. The only problem I see is expectations that didn't pan out? Not a new thing in life, and for sure not confined to vapes.

It's clearly an individual thing, very subjective. The advice and views given are for the most part honest (we do have some evidence that's not always true......) but are from the poster's perspective. The burden falls to the reader to decide it that advice 'fits their pistol'. In objective areas we might finally agree on 'the facts', here we don't stand much of a prayer as I see it.....which is, of course, why respectful discourse is such an important tool to us?

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
They have updates on fb that the blue one is available at there new website. I guess Andrew doesn't want to come here anymore. It doesn't say where the returns will be handled.

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

how did you get free shipping to GV??? i got my RMA last night and i getting it packaged up to go out today and i don't see a label only an RMA number and instructions. so it clearly appears i have to pay for shipping.

well i got myself screwed again!!! so i called GV to ask why some members on here got free shipping to GV and and back to them for their RMA and i was told the reason i have to pay for shipping back is cause i did not request the RMA within the two week time period upon receipt of the unit. :mad: i don't recall seeing there was a 2 week time period and besides i was TRYING to give the unit some time to work out the issues, and not immediately griping to them. guess it pays to gripe earlier.

also.... my review of the Puffit that i submitted to their never got posted. it was a 2 star review where i made my points in non-aggresive manor but they still have not posted it. i guess they don't want my 2 star review messing up their 4 and 5 star ratio.

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
well i got myself screwed again!!! so i called GV to ask why some members on here got free shipping to GV and and back to them for their RMA and i was told the reason i have to pay for shipping back is cause i did not request the RMA within the two week time period upon receipt of the unit. :mad: i don't recall seeing there was a 2 week time period and besides i was TRYING to give the unit some time to work out the issues, and not immediately griping to them. guess it pays to gripe earlier.

also.... my review of the Puffit that i submitted to their never got posted. it was a 2 star review where i made my points in non-aggresive manor but they still have not posted it. i guess they don't want my 2 star review messing up their 4 and 5 star ratio.

I bet you a lot of online sites do that which sucks since we are already suspicious of reviews and you are the proof that some sites only accept good ones.

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

I really, really want to like GotVape. each time i call them out on their foolishness they try and make it up to me. then everytime they try to make it up to me they screw themselves again. i know there are some people that really love GotVape but i really can't understand why. this was my only transaction with this company and have felt screwed from the start........ sooooooo disappointed!!!!

mmenzie,

aj0125

Remember, as users we cover a very wide range of levels. Guys looking for ten times the levels of others are very common. 20 or 30 times not uncommon. I know guys that use more in a session than I use in a week, and have no doubts I use more in a week than many in a month.

OF

This is a huge point that we all sometimes forget. The levels of tolerance(medicinal or otherwise) here have to be a huge range. I for one have the strongest tolerance by far of anyone I know and am so jealous of the people on here talking about getting medicated off a few puffs from the Puffit. A bowl in the Puffit(of the NW's highest quality medicine) and I am barely getting started, so for me it is more of a "keep things going" than a "get me there" piece(that is if the new one tastes better).

VisiblyVaped

How did you go about it?
I was about 2 months or so past ordering, a good month after receiving.....and got the free shipping.
I explained calmly that I spoke with the manufacturer but felt that shipping to HK for a refurbishment out of pocket was ridicolous, and their customer service at GV is why I use them for 95% of vape related purchases. The lady agreed that shipping to overseas is unfair to the customer and that since they state they offer the same warranty as the manufacturer they would take care of me with shipping and a new unit, and my UPS label would be in my email.
It sure was as well, I just didn't find it in spam.
And, while vaked, accidentally deleted it....they sent it again immediately.

I'd have it by now if UPS sorting didn't accidentally send it to Ontario first and add 5 days.....not Gv's fault.

I still say they're dealing with puffit repercussions and that has them cluster f*ked. Being an "exclusive" pre-order distributor for a product that has immediate problems and a ton of orders has got to put the whole place in shambles.

Sometimes, its just who you talk to and how regarding customer service.
My .02

VisiblyVaped,

mmenzie

i was very calm as well. i dealt with Nano who said he was the person at GotVape that helped bring the Puffit to us. he also claimed to be the user in the GotVape youtube demo of the Puffit. he was very apologetic and said he "really wants me to be a fan of the Puffit" and swears that with the new unit i will be fan. They are "waiving" the shipping back to me but i have to pay to ship it there. they are also giving me a "GotVape Fan Pack" for all my troubles that consists of a pick, a grinder, and something else i forget. i will wait and see if i really get that cause i never got the poster or sticker that was in their ad when i bought the Puffit. and do i really need another grinder?? i have 4 currently... lol never bought a single one of them. so anyways... to all the readers that RMA'ed their unit and got free shipping both ways... Congrats to you. i am still very much on the fence on whether i like GotVape or not. after dealing with other super companies like Puffitup and PlanetVape who standout because of their customer service... it's very hard to say whether i would buy from GotVape again

mmenzie,

VisiblyVaped

i was very calm as well. i dealt with Nano who said he was the person at GotVape that helped bring the Puffit to us. he also claimed to be the user in the GotVape youtube demo of the Puffit. he was very apologetic and said he "really wants me to be a fan of the Puffit" and swears that with the new unit i will be fan. They are "waiving" the shipping back to me but i have to pay to ship it there. they are also giving me a "GotVape Fan Pack" for all my troubles that consists of a pick, a grinder, and something else i forget. i will wait and see if i really get that cause i never got the poster or sticker that was in their ad when i bought the Puffit. and do i really need another grinder?? i have 4 currently... lol never bought a single one of them. so anyways... to all the readers that RMA'ed their unit and got free shipping both ways... Congrats to you. i am still very much on the fence on whether i like GotVape or not. after dealing with other super companies like Puffitup and PlanetVape who standout because of their customer service... it's very hard to say whether i would buy from GotVape again

As someone who still supports them, wait till this mess clears up and then try them if you order sonething. Before this. they were incredible to me; fast, free shipping, free stuff, a glass poutpurri or whatever bowl came broken once due to shipping they upgraded to the tuff bowl since I told them Id probably never use potpourri.

After this release, theyre still playing catch up. I'd damn near guarantee it.

Oh, and the girls there are so much better to talk to

VisiblyVaped,

aj0125

Just got my replacement in the mail, I am cleaning and charging today and will hopefully do some thorough testing tonight. More to come...

aj0125

Easy clean?

I did what they do in the video with the salt and alcohol. It was quick and easy. I noticed the Puffit smells about a 10th as strong chemical wise now when you open it cold, I also noticed the silicone in the bottom of the bowl is completely different, I have faith these improvements will make it taste better after a few bowl break in(fingers crossed).

aj0125,

VisiblyVaped

I did what they do in the video with the salt and alcohol. It was quick and easy. I noticed the Puffit smells about a 10th as strong chemical wise now when you open it cold, I also noticed the silicone in the bottom of the bowl is completely different, I have faith these improvements will make it taste better after a few bowl break in(fingers crossed).
Any chance you could do me a favor? The video wont work on my phone, are there real basic instructions you could give? If its lobg and drawn out, don't worry about it. I'll get to a laptop at some point

VisiblyVaped,
iso q-tip in and around the bowl. Salt and alcohol solution in a syringe through the vapor path with the PUFFiT upside down so the fluid flows right out. Let dry for a few hours. Would do you good to watch it though.

I still don't accept that not producing visible vapor is somehow a feature or it being more discreet. I hold all my hits in for a good 10-12 seconds sometimes longer. If I am in public I try and hold them for 20+ seconds. I try and absorb all the vapor in my lungs by holding in as long as I can. (I like to hold my hits long enough that my ears start to ring.)

When I do a dab it is not uncommon for me to hold my breath so long that nothing visible comes out when exhaled. Even if I white walled the water pipe during the hit, I absorbed most of the vapor in my lungs. I can hold in a hit on any other portable and make them not be visible.

I could either hold in a huge hit till it is no longer visible, or I could hold in a tiny hit until it is no longer visible. Personally, the latter is not nearly as satisfying as the former. Devices should give you the option to at least have a "strong" hit.
I'm the same actually, I love walking around in public with a huge hit hidden in my lungs, then when I exhale... nothing but air. And like you mentioned, it helps with the absorption.
But I disagree that smaller clouds doesn't equate to a higher degree of stealth. Just because you and I can hold a hit until the visible vapor doesn't mean everyone can.

kingofnull,

mmenzie

i am anxiously awaiting reports like these from users that have sent theirs back. My unit just went to the post office today to go back to GotVape. so i am guessing it will be at least a week if not two before i get it back and can do my own tests

mmenzie,

VisiblyVaped

i am anxiously awaiting reports like these from users that have sent theirs back. My unit just went to the post office today to go back to GotVape. so i am guessing it will be at least a week if not two before i get it back and can do my own tests
I'll know monday, ill probably clean then taste, or do a straight out of the box review once charged....

VisiblyVaped,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I understand the reasoning for cleaning VVaped but could you do it first out of the box, you don't have to but normal people definitely wont be cleaning it immediately. I suggest this primarily for comparison.

You don't even have to put herb in it for the comparison test, unless the manufacturers recommend cleaning before use.

paytonpenn,

VisiblyVaped

I understand the reasoning for cleaning VVaped but could you do it first out of the box, you don't have to but normal people definitely wont be cleaning it immediately. I suggest this primarily for comparison.

You don't even have to put herb in it for the comparison test, unless the manufacturers recommend cleaning before use.
Possibly Ill test a full load when charged, packed down and pre cycled then start hitting. Out of the box usage....wait, actually a few good burn throughs first for any residue

VisiblyVaped,

aj0125

Any chance you could do me a favor? The video wont work on my phone, are there real basic instructions you could give? If its lobg and drawn out, don't worry about it. I'll get to a laptop at some point

iso q-tip in and around the bowl. Salt and alcohol solution in a syringe through the vapor path with the PUFFiT upside down so the fluid flows right out. Let dry for a few hours. Would do you good to watch it though.

Basically what king said. But yeah, take out the screen first. Also salt and Iso mixture a few times, then a few times just clean Iso, so the salt can get cleared out of the tube.

aj0125,

VisiblyVaped

Basically what king said. But yeah, take out the screen first. Also salt and Iso mixture a few times, then a few times just clean Iso, so the salt can get cleared out of the tube.
Thank you sir, and thank you others.
Now, do I do the out of box test....
Till Monday or Tuesday to decide

VisiblyVaped,
Top Bottom