Discontinued Puffit 2

vapohead

Got mine int the post today.
Sent a mail to discreet vape about the shipping details and they told me to check at vapefiend, coz they couldn't promise me fast enough delivery.
So got it from vapefiend and have to say that they have a very good costumer service ;)

The Puffit 2 is great! opened it and put in some weed from the end of a bag...great puff or two, had to change the temp to 4 to get some real cloud, but then nothing anymore. Opened the oven and i can still see it all green, with crystals on, so should i pack it even more, so the heat transfers everywhere, or should i grind the weed? coz with the vaponic i don't have to grind it and for someone as lazy as me, its a plus :)

Will write more after :)

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Grind it and pack it down well to get the best results. I'm still using mine once in a while and it's only gotten better with use.

Enjoy the vapor. :peace:

vapohead

Do all the battery modules have such a poor performance?
I though only mine was faulty, so bought a second one from a shop.
they even seem to be out of stock of them battery modules at discreet vape...

I see there are diferent/better batteries you can get on the internet, has anyone tried changing the battery modules inside battery?

I'm not willing to do that to the module that came with the original, as it's still on the warranty, but I could maybe upgrade the battery module I bought in the shop...What do you think?

Anybody here an expert on batteries?

this one's 3.7V and 1900mAh and I see these batteries go to 2200mAh

Love this vape, but damn those batteries...

vapohead,

VAPEHUNTER

Hmm. I never had a problem with the battery life. It actually seemed to last really long. I don't use it much but when I do the last thing I would worry about was the battery. How long are your batteries lasting?

VAPEHUNTER,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

vapohead

Well I had some mail exchange with the company and apparently them batteries are ok. I think I was abusing it too much in the begining...read here that it didn't get out much vapor, unless on four...
So on four I got out a full bowl, + maybe a half another...You know, there are some legal herbs that need more temps than others to get them goodies out :D
So I finally made me a blend, which is great for low temp, and I only go from temp1 to temp2 nowadays, then throw, coz them cancerigens are close...Other than that, very good vape, very good heating, just maybe when you stuff it, don't stuff it way to the sides, then you'll get a layer that will not be heated, just stuff it till the silicone part...maybe that info is already in the manual, dunno :p

But having 2 batteries is still the way to go with this thing ;)

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
On 4 I get six bowls with at least 15-20 hits per bowl with my puffit 2 before I recharge, which I do before the battery is completely dead. I do notice the very top mm or less of the bowl doesn't vape anywhere near as thoroughly as the rest of the bowl but since stirring is kind of a pain in the ass when it's hot I can live with the tiny bit that stays greenish while the rest is coffee ground brown.

I still find it quite a useful little stealth vape, mine's always loaded and ready.

vapohead

and you never had to perform any battery saving tricks to get such a good output ?
This is so frustrating!!!

vapohead,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
No I just charge it and use it, though i rarely deplete it all the way... once it shows only two bars i usually recharge it and always separate the battery from the vape when I'm done for the day.

I don't know any of those battery tricks of which you speak.

vapohead

".. once it shows only two bars" where and how does it show the bars?
I thought you had to charge it only when the 8 buzzes and led number one turns on...

thanx for the replies

vapohead,

VAPEHUNTER

".. once it shows only two bars" where and how does it show the bars?
I thought you had to charge it only when the 8 buzzes and led number one turns on...

thanx for the replies

I didn't understand the battery level indicator either until @snorcan showed me.

Yeah the battery indicator is finicky. You gotta hold it until the lights stop scrolling, then keep holding until the lights stay lit...

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
USTHtiu.jpg

This is from the manual @VAPEHUNTER posted on page 2 of this thread. The leds and button to change temps are in the white rubberish triangle If you push the button and hold it down it shows the battery level. I know it doesn't say that in the manual until the final sentence of the instructions so it's easy to miss.

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,

vapohead

Wow, thanx for that !

I did some gross math...
So...the battery is 7Wh (written on the battery module)...I heard they used a 25W heater inside and that gives us a little over 15min of continious use...let's say the heating buzzing part lasts like 30 seconds, right? If you put it on 4, means max, so 25 Watts for 30 seconds...how much seconds in 15 minutes? 900 divide that by those 30 seconds of continous use (buzzers and heat) and we get 30

30 times on level 4 before recharge?

damn...all of a sudden, the butane lighter paraphernalia seems much more attractive :p

vapohead,

don'tbuyit

Do not buy this vaporizer! I got one about a year ago and it has been nothing but problems since. The battery broke 2 times and the oven 3 times, now they will not even help anymore. Totally bad build quality

blackstone

Do not buy this vaporizer! I got one about a year ago and it has been nothing but problems since. The battery broke 2 times and the oven 3 times, now they will not even help anymore. Totally bad build quality

I fully agree with this!
Had a nightmare with this thing but I didn't even want to bump the thread in case people thought it was a viable purchase!
I would even go so far as to not buy anything from the people who brought us this, ever. Because once your warranty is up they appear to wash their hands and ignore you. Horrible service.
I think the number of faults in the products have caused the website and customer service to raise the white flag and disappear, and they left a note saying they were moving on to better things or something.
I lol'd, but I was disappointed I had wasted money with this company.
At the time it was over half the price of a decent vape for me, but now you can get 2 or 3 decent vapes for the price of this so there's no excuse nobody should have to suffer this!

I tore one of my four dead oven modules apart. Around the bowl this disgusting smell became more prominent, it's part of the puffit "signature" in normal use but it's like from the electronics or silicone parts in there.
I doubt this vape was ever truly safe to inhale from.
Well there was a resistor on the oven side looked melted and burned maybe from the temperature maxing out after the thermo wires break.
So as the vape begins to enter fault condition, you could well be inhaling nasties that were brewed in any Hong Kong backyard, and this happened me four times. God bless my body

blackstone,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My second Puffit 2 is still going strong with no bad odors or taste and actually pulls some decent clouds on it's highest temp settings. Still... I only use it 1-2 days a month for a couple sessions each of those days.
I admit it wouldn't be a good daily driver but mine's great for discretion for those monthly hospital visits.

To bad they couldn't work out the bugs for the oven module failures as it seems everyone needed at least one warranty replacement, hard to stay in business that way.

I've enjoyed my puffit 2, it's done it's job well. I won't replace it when it dies but also won't have an easy time replacing it with something that feels as discreet for those times I'm staying overnight in a hospital room.

:peace:

blackstone

My second Puffit 2 is still going strong with no bad odors or taste and actually pulls some decent clouds on it's highest temp settings. Still... I only use it 1-2 days a month for a couple sessions each of those days.
I admit it wouldn't be a good daily driver but mine's great for discretion for those monthly hospital visits.

To bad they couldn't work out the bugs for the oven module failures as it seems everyone needed at least one warranty replacement, hard to stay in business that way.

I've enjoyed my puffit 2, it's done it's job well. I won't replace it when it dies but also won't have an easy time replacing it with something that feels as discreet for those times I'm staying overnight in a hospital room.

:peace:

Maybe they got a few good batches out, and you got one of those!
I couldn't get one to survive even gentle occasional home use.
And it is a pity they couldn't meet the challenge and make it more reliable, they must have got some part of the process wrong.
Or maybe they could have offered reduced (or any) prices on oven modules to loyal customers, but if they kept failing where would it end.
It was disgusting the thought of throwing every carbon footprint shipped accessory and remaining parts of this in the thrash after such a short few months of use when it did work, and I didn't even buy that much for it!

If you become stuck for good discretion in the end you could have a look at Holy terp pure and a tiny ecig. Even reclaim works, I've had much fun with it, but maybe it's not what you had in mind.
I'm sure it would beat nothing hands down!!

I feel there is still a place for a "asthma inhaler looking vape" but definitely not from this manufacturer.

True. I saw someone driving using an asthma inhaler and thought it would be good for that. But even that kind of thing is becoming less possible now.
Or it was a good shape for when the neighborhood kids are running about and you cant be bothered hiding your vape.

It might have looked innocent and had a discreet lack of clouds, but I was often told that there was no shortage of our favorite aroma in the air from it downwind! So keep that in mind

blackstone,

uhranium

Think about sitting in a park with people enough meters away to not smell it but being able to distinguish between a vape and a disposable 0,5litre can? (solo hint)

uhranium,

Vapology

If you become stuck for good discretion in the end you could have a look at Holy terp pure and a tiny ecig.

Have you ever vaped HolyTerp? I made some experiments with HT pure flavorless and it's just awful. The taste is horrible and the feeling on the lung is even worse. They just got 5 star fake reviews on their site. My one star review never went online - it's a big rip off. Stay away from fake terpene blends.

Top Bottom