Puffco Proxy

budweis

Comfortably Numb
Now after a few days of experimenting, I’m falling for this thing more and more. Even the first clumsy attempts weren’t a complete failure. Never had a concentrate-only device so my experience is more or less sandwiching with the dry herb but boy the flavor is from another world. Ease of use and cleaning is another reason I’m truly happy.

Still have to try the joystick but for now, I’ve found the sweet spot with a small grain on green temp and an additional boost. Got some Blue Razz diamonds and sauce waiting in the fridge as the next attempt.

The only letdown is that I’ve received v1 with a double-lip gasket. Contacted Puffco and got a kinda evasive answer suggesting I clean the unit for a better seal with a glass piece. I've been also told that only if there is a problem using the device with stock glass after the cleaning I should record the issue and send it over for them to review. I’ve pushed back a bit and waiting for their response but I’m not in the market for a custom piece for now so I might just let it slide for the time being if they fight back.

All in all, love it. Reminds me of the Bowle for its ease of use and cleaning. They both go great together.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
Quick update on the gasket replacement – I've been basically told to shove it unless I have some photo/video evidence of bad seal. Bummer but I'm not planning to use another glass piece anytime soon.

Did some testing again and already feeling cheerful :)

ZEO2jNvl.jpg

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Quick update on the gasket replacement – I've been basically told to shove it unless I have some photo/video evidence of bad seal. Bummer but I'm not planning to use another glass piece anytime soon. Did some testing again and already feeling cheerful :)
I have an OG the double seal thing, its not that big a deal, I don't know if its just mine or all OG's but I only get 4 uses to a charge, I am assuming its a buggered battery, how does yours go after a change, how many uses do you get?

VapingYogi,

budweis

Comfortably Numb
I have an OG the double seal thing, its not that big a deal, I don't know if its just mine or all OG's but I only get 4 uses to a charge, I am assuming its a buggered battery, how does yours go after a change, how many uses do you get?
Don’t know as I usually plug all my vapes in after few rounds just to be sure I’m not surprised.

Will mark my sessions on next charge.

Last edited:
budweis,

mixchu69

@VapingYogi , are there are already 2 versions of Proxy?

mixchu69,
Reactions: GetLeft

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I've decided to try this, its on the way. I liked the way it looks so hopefully its a winner. My experience to this point is Core and Daab. Like the both of those. I've read from page 20 on but time to read the rest of this thread from the beginning to pick up the tips and most importantly what kind of stuff to go with it. The only accessory I've bought was a proxy glass adapter. Trying to decide if I need the ball cap or, joystick cap. I did a very fast cruise on Etsy to see if anyone is making something that makes some aspect either more enjoyable or more convenient.

Last edited:

GetLeft

what kind of stuff to go with it
I've been a minimalist with my Proxy purchases even after having gotten a reasonable deal on mine. I added a well suited bubbler form Sneaky Pete and that's it. Didn't even really need that tbh since the stock glass surprisingly cools things pretty well and is comfortable to use (as funky as it may look in the ads). The rest of my Proxy-related investments have been in concentrates. I came to the Proxy from the Daab which I couldn't quite tame. One might go so far as to call the Proxy 'civilized' : )

Gnome34

I've been a minimalist with my Proxy purchases even after having gotten a reasonable deal on mine. I added a well suited bubbler form Sneaky Pete and that's it. Didn't even really need that tbh since the stock glass surprisingly cools things pretty well and is comfortable to use (as funky as it may look in the ads). The rest of my Proxy-related investments have been in concentrates. I came to the Proxy from the Daab which I couldn't quite tame. One might go so far as to call the Proxy 'civilized' : )
I think you are right.

When I want to sweat I'll use the Daab.

The proxy is ideal for my daily needs.

I did switch back to they joystick and have dialed it in without any additional spinner or pearl. Really like it.

This is a great portable dab experience, I'm impressed. Gonna grab a water pipe adapter for myself this Xmas, I am curious to see what the proxy can do through a rig!

florduh

Me: Mom....can I get a Proxy?

Mom: No, we have Proxy at home

The Proxy at home:

Poby_main.jpg

Poby_adapt_proxy.jpg

$103 and only one letter away from being "Po Boy".

Gnome34

Me: Mom....can I get a Proxy?

Mom: No, we have Proxy at home

The Proxy at home:

Poby_main.jpg

Poby_adapt_proxy.jpg

$103 and only one letter away from being "Po Boy".
Definitely grabbing one just to compare!

Gnome34

It looks goofy...but who knows. The vapor might be more comfortable since the vapor path looks like it might be longer. I do wish it had more temp settings to differentiate itself from the Proxy.
I don't have high expectations but at that price I can't fight off curiosity.

Plus if it's decent I'd love to take that as my portable, cheap enough I wouldn't cry over it should something happen.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
Sorry it took me so long but all my vaping was grounded by covid recently. What I do is I start on green from cold and after the first session I continue with second one to finish the bowl.

I can do about 10-12 sessions that way (so about 20 heat ups in total although the second heat ups are a little less demanding being already hot). So it's considerably more but don't know your MO, not sure if even the highest temps would shorten the battery life so drastically though.

budweis,
Reactions: florduh
I grabbed the new Ryan Fitt Proxy recycler that Puffco dropped this week, and it’s honestly pretty nice. I wish it was cheaper than $200, but thankfully the glass is thicker than the stock pipe and the Wizard attachment. The function is good and it was ripping smooth even on Easter egg mode. Plus it just looks dope af.
IMG-5772.jpg

vpuser

I grabbed the new Ryan Fitt Proxy recycler that Puffco dropped this week, and it’s honestly pretty nice. I wish it was cheaper than $200, but thankfully the glass is thicker than the stock pipe and the Wizard attachment. The function is good and it was ripping smooth even on Easter egg mode. Plus it just looks dope af.
IMG-5772.jpg
Very nice.Can you post a function video?

vpuser,
I started using a 3mm pearl again, this time with the joystick. I'm getting good results. It does seem to help finish the dab faster. I did one on green earlier and didn't even have to boost, it was totally done. Still cleaned up nicely. I haven't noticed any issues with spillover yet, but I do pretty small dabs.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I guess this thread is pretty quiet, but in case anyone is interested in this, Canadian conversion could make it go for a steal:

Top Bottom