• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco Proxy

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
My proxy finally arrive 15 days after I ordered it. The shipping never updated and still doesn’t even say that it’s been delivered. Luckily, I didn’t have to sign but I was home.

My first thoughts of the proxy are fuck I wish I didn’t run through all of my concentrate I got for the proxy the day after I ordered it thinking it would be here in a few days. Oh well.

Because my proxy arrived so long after I ordered it without tracking, I wasn’t able to prepare, and I only had a very little of concentrates experiment with. I had purchased 4 different types of concentrates and of course I used up all my bubble hash rosin so never got to try it in the proxy. I was able to try some resin, crumble, and diamonds but only very little. They were very nice , strong, cool vapor that was very tasty. I’ve probably taken about 10 dabs and so far it’s definitely a solid device. I’m trying to learn the correct draw speed and carb cap feathering technique to produce thick and consistent clouds.

I will report back once I pick up my bubble hash.

florduh

And the taste thus far is much better than my other two ‘rates vapes (Rio Stache and Qomo w/ quartz)

That's fuckin wild given that the Stache is basically a standard quartz banger hit. Nice.

Have you ever taken a dry dab before? I've always found them tastier. And imo losing a certain percent of the noids/terps to water in order to take a bigger hit never made much sense to me.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I might also jump if the price were to drop another 100 bucks. Maybe a deal around black friday?

I love my Core erig, but like with anything, my VAS is getting a little antsy in the pantsy. There hasn't been anything lately to spark my interest. I was intrigued by all the ball vapes, like the Freight Train and B0, but desktops aren't managable in my current situation and more useful for flower vapers.

I have gone back and forth on the Rio because it looks like it is so convenient and fun. But then I've seen Troy blast it too hard and lament that the hit was too hot. A "too hot" hit would kill me for the night so I need a bit more regulation in heat ups. The Proxy remains in my sights as an even more portable device.

Texus

I might also jump if the price were to drop another 100 bucks. Maybe a deal around black friday?

I love my Core erig, but like with anything, my VAS is getting a little antsy in the pantsy. There hasn't been anything lately to spark my interest. I was intrigued by all the ball vapes, like the Freight Train and B0, but desktops aren't managable in my current situation and more useful for flower vapers.

I have gone back and forth on the Rio because it looks like it is so convenient and fun. But then I've seen Troy blast it too hard and lament that the hit was too hot. A "too hot" hit would kill me for the night so I need a bit more regulation in heat ups. The Proxy remains in my sights as an even more portable device.
One of the things that caught my attention from one of the reviews (Sneaky Pete maybe?) was lack of coughing despite being dry.

Side note: take a look at Cloud Connoisseur Zenith as a portable baller option.

BleuEyedGuy

I actually started looking for a concentrate option last year, switch, daab, peak pro, then got side tracked over towards logs, grabbed a TM when a portable option seemed the way to go, been enjoying it so much with different flower, while at the same time still thinking about concentrates, waiting for a glass option for this, that doesn't scream "Pipe", or something else, to come along, cheers!

LAWTHEONE

It hits amazing with bubble hash! I finally got to experiment with all the temperature settings, and even on the highest level I can tolerate the temperature. One of the other things that I really enjoy so far is that it doesn’t give me sticky teeth like my HVT Sequoia. I found that levels, red and white deliver some strong and tasty vapor, but for the size dabs I do the 3-D chamber seems like it rips through the dabs halfway through the session, and the other half of the session taste a little over cooked. I generally fool around with higher temperatures, but I found that the green delivers satisfying power, and keeps the taste excellent for the extent of the entire session.
Somewhere down the road, I’m going to try some heavier dabs on red and white and see if that improves the taste.

LAWTHEONE

I’m not sure if it’s wireless charging, but I don’t think so. The battery life is OK for me, if I’m not experimenting. I can’t see it being an issue at all as long as I charge it fully before I leave. If you’re looking for something to have multiple people dabbing over the course of several hours, I would try something that had a better battery life. Plus the device gets pretty hot when going back to back and they only suggest you go no more than four times in a row. When I did two cycles in a row the device was pretty hot in the carb cap was even hotter. Now that I realized I’m going to utilize temperature setting green most often I can see how many dabs I can do in a single charge.

I ordered a spare clear pipe and a drop down banger that I can put the proxy in off of DHgate. I believe it was $35 for both.

Does anyone know if the bubble cap makes a drastic difference? I am also running two 3 mm rubies pearls.

Sorry for the double post

florduh

One of the other things that I really enjoy so far is that it doesn’t give me sticky teeth like my HVT Sequoia.

The smartest design feature on the Proxy is not having the stem going directly from the heater into the mouth like every other wax pen. The heat goes into the sky instead of your mouth. And there's no chance of slurping reclaim.

People shit on Puffco, but their designs are smart. Arguably overpriced, but smart.

LAWTHEONE

My Dr Dabber Switch is still my hardest hitting portable vape. I’ve got a ton of respect for my switch. It’s a workhorse that’s never let me down. It’s freaking ginormous, feels top-heavy, the dabs like to come out the cup on the sides of the inside and carb cap. It’s very difficult to call that unit portable. Although technically you can use it without a cord on the go. My switch is the sole reason why I never purchased the peak pro. It’s definitely not very travel friendly, looks crazy and is one of the lease discreet vapes own.

My Sequoia is more discrete, than the proxy. But it’s hard but you can feel more heat and the stickiness on my teeth drive me crazy. To be fair I haven’t used my Sequoia with the new DT5 or whatever it’s called new atomizer. My Sequoia also hits like a monster with the reverse banger on a rig. Never really enjoyed how much you have to keep it straight up if you preload.

My T Bucket is the complete beast. I can do small dabs and get big clouds using a rig. It’s a home unit that needs to be plugged in and gets burn your skin off hot (which I have done a few times). I can’t see it ever breaking. I have the sapphire dish, and I am able to put a small amount of rubbing alcohol and squeeze out the Q-tip and wipe down my dish without worrying about thermal shock.

I found that with my proxy, even though I’m not blowing out massive clouds I’m getting massive effects. Sometimes I have a bad habit of associating a hard hit with massive clouds. With the proxy, that’s just simply not the case I’m getting nice clouds, but the effects are way stronger than I thought.

Then there is my Proxy. In terms of ability to get me medicated I think the proxy is neck and neck with my other two powerhouses. With a slight edge to the switch and T bucket. Initially seeing less cloud production clouded my perception. In my head, I would feel man that wasn’t very impressive and then a few minutes later I really like holy shit I am medicated! When my banger comes in, I know the proxy is going to rip hard on a rig. I can’t wait.

It will be interesting to see how the Proxy compares to your other devices. I have a Switch but am waiting to get a deal on the Proxy at a local dispensary
I apologize again I meant to put this quotes in my last post.
Ignore the first quote. Not sure how that got there. Oops. I suck.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Hey mates, been and still am Covid positive for a week now (not too sick but def. affected by symptoms 🤒) but im still rocking my proxy daily 😂 Still dry with the stock pipe as funds are tight with raising energy prices 🤯

I have 2 attys atm thats i switch occasionally when cleaning one over night in ISO, still pleased with the relaibility..no defects at all, chamber still nice and clean 👍
I enjoy the ball cap but dont feel the need for a pearl, tried it but dont see any real improvment…just a bit more hassle on wiping the chamber…but i also doent like them in bangers/slurpers so whatever. :)

florduh

How are you guys cleaning the silicone sleeve? It should be ISO safe but letting silicone soak in a solvent always weirds me out.

florduh,
Reactions: Shrike

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
You mean the silicon lid on top of the atomizer ?
It can be detached from it and cleaned separately, the stock lid has a small plug in it that can be taken out
an the the little bubble cap can also be removed from the 3D Ball lid.
I tend to let the bubble/plug soak with the Atomizer over night and just wipe the silicon part with iso swabs until clean.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
One of the things that caught my attention from one of the reviews (Sneaky Pete maybe?) was lack of coughing despite being dry.
This is real! I have even tried on the highest setting and basically no coughing. Not really sure how this is possible since I am not using anything to cool it down, but other than a slight cough (and I mean barely, like a single ”golf” cough) when I take a really huge hit, it has not effected my throat in any negative way.

How's the battery fairing yall... how many bowls can you go?
I am in process of compiling info on this, should have results by end of weekend.

Is the proxy wireless charging like the pro?
Nope.

Okay, so I added a couple of 3mm, and here is what it all looks like after each level (3ish hits per level) and not really sure if it does anything. Do I need to get a ball cap to utilize properly? I have been spinning the pipe a bit to move them around a bit, but I am no expert on concentrate, so feel like I am doing it wrong (wasting good stuff)

Thoughts?

9-AA84367-E578-4-B3-D-883-A-5-B6206-EC73-C8.jpg

E9-BA2-E97-8999-441-D-8761-B8-ACC7867-E01.jpg

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do I need to get a ball cap to utilize properly?
I find a ball cap does help, saves you by not having to sway around while having a puff to get those balls moving. I still have to do the sway with some other devices to make the pearls spin and prefer at least a 4mm as the 3mm can sometimes not move under their own weight, again in a different device.
I would say you really got your money's worth from that sesh, cleans up well too!

florduh

This is real! I have even tried on the highest setting and basically no coughing. Not really sure how this is possible since I am not using anything to cool it down, but other than a slight cough (and I mean barely, like a single ”golf” cough) when I take a really huge hit, it has not effected my throat in any negative way.

I am in process of compiling info on this, should have results by end of weekend.

Nope.

Okay, so I added a couple of 3mm, and here is what it all looks like after each level (3ish hits per level) and not really sure if it does anything. Do I need to get a ball cap to utilize properly? I have been spinning the pipe a bit to move them around a bit, but I am no expert on concentrate, so feel like I am doing it wrong (wasting good stuff)

Thoughts?

9-AA84367-E578-4-B3-D-883-A-5-B6206-EC73-C8.jpg

E9-BA2-E97-8999-441-D-8761-B8-ACC7867-E01.jpg

If it was me, I'd load a little less. The advantage of these type of devices is you don't have to fuck around with a torch and timing. If you need another dab afterwards to be satisfied, the next heatup cycle should be quick anyway if it has temp control.

Interesting that the terp pearl doesn't spin with the standard cap. I remember Troy saying his did. Maybe test one pearl? That dish does clean up real nice. I'd just try loading only enough that one q-tip can handle all the cleanup.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
It will be interesting to see how the Proxy compares to your other devices. I have a Switch but am waiting to get a deal on the Proxy at a local dispensary
It doesn’t compare to the vapor production of a Switch but it’s much more portable and a nice experience.

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Top Bottom