• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

freddiegibbs

The Puffco Peak Pro has gone up for pre-order today at a $399.99 price point. Details are sparse so far - the official rollout event will stream live tomorrow at 3pm EST here - but an email sent by Puffco today details the Peak refresh:

• Bluetooth App Connectivity
• Wireless Qi Charging
• USB-C Connection
• Auto-Sleep Function
• Real-Time Temp. Control
• Large Sealed Ceramic Chamber
• Customizable LED Lights
• High Volume Water Capacity
• Oculus Carb Cap

The Peak Pro Power Dock wireless charging base features “Ready Mode” (when enabled on the app), which allows you to pick up your Peak off the dock and hit it without clicking a single button. There's also a new travel pack for the Pro.

Website pre-orders are expected to ship October 19th-27th.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-06-at-3-21-35-PM.png

Kins

Another overpriced e-rig. Hope it has improved enough to warrant such a large price tag. I will be watching tomorrow though.

Last edited:
Kins,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Are they planning on keeping the Puffco OG? Does anyone know? Additional price drop on that?

I don't expect $400 retail to last long. For a number reasons honestly.

I get the peak glass silhouette is part of the brand now but the function leaves much to be desired imo. It would have been nice to see some improvement there. Especially for the tag.

kadjo

Are they planning on keeping the Puffco OG? Does anyone know? Additional price drop on that?

I don't expect $400 retail to last long. For a number reasons honestly.

I get the peak glass silhouette is part of the brand now but the function leaves much to be desired imo. It would have been nice to see some improvement there. Especially for the tag.
Well said.

LabPong

$400 and you will still need to have another $200 for atomizers to get you 7 months down the road! NOICE....

biohacker

High Volume Water Capacity

Not sure if you saw that. I'd be happy with no splashback! But the large sealed ceramic chamber is what has really caught my eye, and the digital BT temp control. Considering how archaic the OG Peak is in comparison to some of these new features, i'm actually looking forward to watching the release video in a few hours.

It's always a good times when a new product comes out, especially from the "Apple of e-rigs". Would be even more stoked if an updated Puffco+ was in the works!

Hopefully the supply will meet the demand!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Price seems on par considering the original peak debuted at $400 and sold there for a few years.
Interested to find out more, digging the Pax Era style temp control!

My biggest question is regarding the app: other vape companies have had a tremendous issue getting their apps published into the marketplace (even S&B) so I just wonder how this one will fare. The listed upgrades all sound like things that needed to be added based on my usage with the device. I have to admit I tend to find "wireless charging" as being frankly, not wireless. But the dock system they have implemented is actually pretty cool for this vape, kind of similar to the Freenail if anybody remembers that. Gotta admit, the idea of just grabbing the rig off the charging station and it starts heating to your set temp sounds pretty heavenly.

Anybody know if the dish is the same size as the current Peak?

florduh

Interested to find out more, digging the Pax Era style temp control!
Me too. On the OG Peak, I found I often had to choose between a hit that was a bit too wispy, and a hit that was a bit too hot. That's the problem with devices using only a couple pre-set temps. It doesn't need 1 degree temp control, but a more diverse range of temps would be nice.

florduh

Oh man, I forgot about this guy. Didn't he used to tell customers with atty problems to fuck off in IG streams? Classy dude.

Kins

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Price seems on par considering the original peak debuted at $400 and sold there for a few years.

I am not surprised at all that is where they started. I just think they will have a hard time maintaining that price point with how this item is constantly undercut on their suggested pricing. They threaten everyone that is undercutting that they will cut them off. Yet those companies still find places to buy them. Maybe that is because they are counterfeit or maybe it's that puffco sells to distributors who are not as inclined to impose the price restrictions. To be clear Puffco cannot legally tell a reseller what to sell it at. But they don't have to sell to them either which is what I'm talking about here. It doesn't matter. People will find another place to buy them and keep on undercutting. In the end this will force Puffco themselves to drop the price.

freddiegibbs

Some details from the announcement:

The chamber is 40% larger and has an embedded sensor at the bottom that regulates real time temp control.
The oculus carb cap locks in to the atomizer.
The app has tons of customizable settings for temp/time/lighting, and allows you to save your customizations. Also a dab counter and battery life stats.
The dock acts as a power bank and can provide 2 full charges on the go via wired connection or 1 full charge wirelessly.
The base has a 2 hour charge time and can go 30 seshes per charge.
The new case is magnetic.
The new stock glass has increased water capacity.
All glass is cross-compatible.

Last edited:

biohacker

I'm sure they'll be devastated. Can we keep it out of here too please?

Sure thing, what they posted deserved to be posted here, and i'm happy that the post generated so many likes so far. On the other hand your snarky remark was completely unnecessary regardless of how polite you addressed it.

Oh man, I forgot about this guy. Didn't he used to tell customers with atty problems to fuck off in IG streams? Classy dude.

Yep, he definitely acts like an arrogant prick and if you watch his posts nothing has changed.

Wow. I guess I'm out too then. I guess they don't realize how many people disagree with that. I remember when politics were off limits at a company. They are surely gonna lose a lot of customers.

I honestly think it won't affect a thing. In fact, it nearly sounds like it's helping them.

Regarding the Live Stream thing, that sure was a lot shorter than I was anticipating! Shame there wasn't an actual live demo, but not surprising.

Last edited:
biohacker,

florduh

The chamber is 40% larger and has an embedded sensor at the bottom that regulates real time temp control.

I would like to know more about this. Is there an actual sensor? The current Peak is built on e-cig tech, so are they just using Stainless Steel wire in their atty's now, and running the whole thing like a temp controlled mod?

Not sure we'll know the answer before someone tears one open.

florduh

Yes, sensor... it was in the stream.
Thanks. Admittedly, I didn't watch it before posting. Just watched the relevant section now. Still have some questions though. Because everything he said about the "unique sensor" could also apply to e-cig style TCR temp control. Like, my M22 adjusts temp based on my draw speed, ambient temp etc. All with a standard ecig mod.

However... if they're actually including a sensor that measures the live temp of the bucket itself, that would go a long way towards justifying a $400 price tag. The odd thing is the "sensor" he points out is on the bottom of the atty itself. I'd assume that's still a consumable.

Top Bottom