PSA: On whatever time scale you’re comfortable with, deep clean your shit.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I woke up at 4:00 AM and decided, for the hell of it, to deep clean my vape supplies. i boiled my grinder in water for 10 minutes, and it works like new. It looked new too until I tore into some weed. I thoroughly washed and dried my bong and soaked my constituent vape parts in ISO until they were no longer golden. Unfortunstely that process fucked up my screen and so now I’m down to one and IDK if DDave sells replacements.

Quarterly, six months, four months IDGAF. Just set aside some time to give your supplies a thorough cleanse. You’ll be glad you did.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I can't imagine waiting a month between cleanings let alone a quarter!

I clean regularly, I don't mind a bit of yellow, but as soon as the Scoobies get very noticeable I'll clean immediately. I Can't stand dirty vapes or glass... The material is expensive so why not give your equipment care to extend your enjoyment.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
My water pieces have a 2 day limit, but other items are on much longer timeframes. A $50 ultrasonic cleaner is well worth it as part of the process for smaller pieces (wpas, drop-downs, bowls, etc.).

Timps27,
Reactions: fangorn

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Pro tip: Invest in an Ultrasonic cleaner (heated if possible) - get one large enough for glass pieces.

I seal my parts in a jar or bag with ISO alcohol and put that in heated water. It's so satisfying to hit the ultrasonic button and watch a puff of dirt dissappate from the parts. I use it on all kinds of stuff - glass pieces, waterpipe adapters, mouthpieces, screens, etc. Just yesterday I used it to quickly clean my Vapcap-M in a few minutes (disassembled and soaked everything minus the clicker cap)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Pro tip: Invest in an Ultrasonic cleaner (heated if possible) - get one large enough for glass pieces.

I seal my parts in a jar or bag with ISO alcohol and put that in heated water. It's so satisfying to hit the ultrasonic button and watch a puff of dirt dissappate from the parts. I use it on all kinds of stuff - glass pieces, waterpipe adapters, mouthpieces, screens, etc. Just yesterday I used it to quickly clean my Vapcap-M in a few minutes (disassembled and soaked everything minus the clicker cap)

I agree that an US cleaner is a handy device, I do warn folks to do some research/homework, as a good one like I bought can also be very destructive on certain materials. You’ll have the POWER, use it WISELY!

Vapegirl666

Use thick glass ash catcher and water pipe
Hot tap water pre rinse for any leaf/bud material
Its Boro so boiling water is used to rinse the gunk off like the waxes and waste from trates
If there is a bad film some 99% iso or high proof ethanol is used to remove most of the film
Boiling water rinse will evaporate any left over solvent
The milky build up at the bottom requires a wire brush through the down stem
Boiling water every day
Iso or ethanol every 4-6 weeks
5-10 minutes while making coffee

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I can't imagine waiting a month between cleanings let alone a quarter!

I clean regularly, I don't mind a bit of yellow, but as soon as the Scoobies get very noticeable I'll clean immediately. I Can't stand dirty vapes or glass... The material is expensive so why not give your equipment care to extend your enjoyment.
the only times those have happened to me is when I’ve neglected to put the basket screens on the elbow. Not fun to clean.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I agree that an US cleaner is a handy device, I do warn folks to do some research/homework, as a good one like I bought can also be very destructive on certain materials. You’ll have the POWER, use it WISELY!

So in my experience I've seen it can do damage to some plastics, essentially bleaching them white in places.

But I'm interested to hear what materials used on vaporizers and vape related equipment should be avoided. My US came with the standard basket to keep parts off the base to avoid damage to either surface, but I haven't honestly researched materials yet - I just play around for the fun of it since I'm not putting anything in if I'm worried it'll get damaged

Delta3DStudios,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Mine came with a basket as well, it looks a bit rough for glass and mine is too wide sieved to hold the smaller parts in. I typically put everything inside a glass beaker or at least a ziplock with some iso, then put those in the basket.

On the way out they are typically super clean but have a light tacky film, I just squirt them with some Dawn and rinse.

Timps27,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
But I'm interested to hear what materials used on vaporizers and vape related equipment should be avoided.

I don’t have a list, but have mentioned the power of “cavitation”, that’s what an US Cleaner produces.
One such example is something I wrote in a different thread:
“Be careful putting the aluminum pods in an ultrasonic cleaner, if left in too long, a strong UC can pit the SOFT aluminum PODS.”.
A sheet of aluminum foil is one of the cheapest tests to see if your US cleaner is working properly, google how to do it, tiny pin holes will appear in the foil.
I don’t use my US for my glass, but some have noted broken glass, if there are any internal defects in the glass where the microscopic bubbles can get in, that’s a potential problem.
There are some cool videos online that describe and show how powerful the cavitation bubble explosions can be. You just can’t see them. Anyway good luck, be careful….

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I don’t have a list, but have mentioned the power of “cavitation”, that’s what an US Cleaner produces.
One such example is something I wrote in a different thread:
“Be careful putting the aluminum pods in an ultrasonic cleaner, if left in too long, a strong UC can pit the SOFT aluminum PODS.”.
A sheet of aluminum foil is one of the cheapest tests to see if your US cleaner is working properly, google how to do it, tiny pin holes will appear in the foil.
I don’t use my US for my glass, but some have noted broken glass, if there are any internal defects in the glass where the microscopic bubbles can get in, that’s a potential problem.
There are some cool videos online that describe and show how powerful the cavitation bubble explosions can be. You just can’t see them. Anyway good luck, be careful….
Gotcha, now I know what you're talking about - yeah I put my generic glass WPA bits in my US and they have no problem. But no doubt aluminum would cavitate faster.

Knewt

Knewt,
Top Bottom