POTV Lobo

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
get a c to c charging block and cord that whats been factory recommended. just asking, because the issue may be there, is what i'm thinking.
I took the easy out when using the USB to USB-C because it was already there waiting. I'll switch up to the USB-C to USB-C cable that came with the Lobo and attach it to my PC and see what happens when I need another charge.

His_Highness

LOBO REVIEW: I have been using the Lobo as my only vape for over a week. The review will include the following sections:
1. Unboxing, First Cleaning and Stress Test / Burn Off
2. First Use Testing

I’m happy to report that the Lobo is the real deal. Simple yet effective to use, hits hard, taste isn’t muted till a few hits in, good battery life, doesn’t/won't combust, heat displacement even when I did back-to-back 430F burn-offs was pretty good and a larger than average bowl size.

These types of reviews are subjective as the herb and personal technique do affect the outcomes. Note: The herb used for testing was a decently cured/sticky 8th of Hazelnut Cream, 24% THC, .05% CBD, 2.26% TERPS and my inhalation time per draw ranges from a minimum of 15 seconds on up.

I referenced the following as a starting point. Well written and worth a read:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0209/9072/files/potv-lobo-user-manual.pdf?v=1693349867
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/potv-lobo-cleaning-maintenance-guide

1. Unboxing, First Cleaning and Stress Test / Burn-Off
Unbox-Items2.jpg

Unboxing: The Lobo packaging was good and the accessories included were decent. Pretty standard stuff for most respectable vapes these days. The cleaning brush has an upscale look to it and is perfect for the Lobo’s slightly larger bowl but the bristles are a little too stiff to use comfortably with smaller diameter openings. Please note that the smaller dimpled stem is included in the retail package but the others in the picture are not.

First Cleaning:
I do more than most would deem necessary with the first cleaning of a new vape. I wipe down some areas not in the vapor path if they are close to the vapor path. If there are any taste or smell issues during the burn-offs I know it’s not coming from the areas I could reach during the first cleaning.

Standard Cleaning Steps (See link provided above for details):
- Soak the screen and any dirty stems
-Wipe down the oven
-Rinse and dry the screen and glass stems
- Reassemble and run a burn-off

Areas I added for the first cleaning:
Used ISO and a cotton washcloth to wipe some additional areas and then used another slightly damp washcloth with water to wipe off the ISO:
- The inside of the mouthpiece, (Where the glass is inserted).
- The top and bottom of the mouthpiece.
- Inside areas of base unit near the oven.
- The gasket on the inside of the mouthpiece, (Around screen).
- Wipe dry and air dry as needed.
Addl-Clean2.jpg

Stress Test / Burn-Off:
For each burn-off the session timer was set to the 6 minute max with a temp of 430F. During the 6 minute burn-off I constantly cigar puffed/mouth-pumped without inhaling using the small stem. Some burn-offs were done back to back to test heat displacement. I do all this to force the oven to constantly react to outside cooling while it tries to maintain the max temp. I do the burn-offs until the battery is so low the unit turns itself off. My aim is to smell and taste “things”, to gauge the least amount of time I can expect the unit to run on a full charge and to see how hot the unit can get.

RESULTS AND OBSERVATIONS:
- Completed 8 burn-offs before the Lobo turned itself off for a total of 48 minutes.
- There was no off-gassing visible nor was there any smell or taste issues. This was probably one of the cleanest vapes I’ve ever experienced.
- The outside of the Lobo got warm but not hot.
- The small stem never got too hot to use under normal positioning but…...
- When running back to back burn-offs the very bottom of the small stem, where it makes contact with the mouthpiece hole, got hot. Not a concern since nobody would use it that way and nobody would mouth-pump an empty bowl constantly at 430F for 6 to 12 minutes straight when used normally.
- For the first 5 burn-offs the Lobo was able to reach 430F at just over 40 seconds. By the 8th and final burn-off it took 60 seconds to reach 430F. Testing to see how the unit vapes at lower battery levels is done in the “First Use” section of the review.

2. First Use Testing
The POTV recommendation for users new to vaping was to start at 390F so I’ve used that temp for this part of the review and only step up to 430F when 390F stops producing. This part of the review was done after fully charging the Lobo and each new bowl was filled loosely without packing or tamping. I used the bulb stem and found that the small dimpled stem is more free flowing than the bulb stem and the water adapter. Please note that taste and vapor density are affected by the herb used, draw technique, fill method and temps used.

RESULTS and OBSERVATIONS:
- Got through 4.5 bowls and 34 hits before battery shut down.
- I got a decent hit on a new fill right after reaching temp. No wait!
- Each new fill in a new session was consistent in that the first hit was decent and tasty but the first couple hits that came after were cloudier.
- After about 3-4 hits the taste becomes muted like most vapes.
- The power slips once the battery bars are down to 1 or 0 but you can still get a decent hit by slowing down your draw. I was pleasantly surprised when the bars went to zero and it still produced for a couple minutes before shutting down.
- The ABV in the picture is exactly how I want all my AVB to look. Slightly charred with no ash present. I tried to make the Lobo combust and this is the result.
Bulb2.jpg

Overall Summary:
I just found my new out-and-about dry herb daily driver thanks to the Lobo’s battery life, vapor production and larger bowl. Pretty sure I can get through a day on 34 hits. It has definitely made it into my home-based daily line up too but I’m not ready to ask my other home based daily drivers to move down just yet. The Lobo’s pocket-ability, specs and performance are what allowed it to take over the vapes meeting my outside needs but I recognize I’m in the honeymoon period when it comes to at-home vapes. I’ll post up another review once the honeymoon is over.

seedy53

LOBO REVIEW: I have been using the Lobo as my only vape for over a week. The review will include the following sections:
1. Unboxing, First Cleaning and Stress Test / Burn Off
2. First Use Testing

I’m happy to report that the Lobo is the real deal. Simple yet effective to use, hits hard, taste isn’t muted till a few hits in, good battery life, doesn’t/won't combust, heat displacement even when I did back-to-back 430F burn-offs was pretty good and a larger than average bowl size.

These types of reviews are subjective as the herb and personal technique do affect the outcomes. Note: The herb used for testing was a decently cured/sticky 8th of Hazelnut Cream, 24% THC, .05% CBD, 2.26% TERPS and my inhalation time per draw ranges from a minimum of 15 seconds on up.

I referenced the following as a starting point. Well written and worth a read:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0209/9072/files/potv-lobo-user-manual.pdf?v=1693349867
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/potv-lobo-cleaning-maintenance-guide

1. Unboxing, First Cleaning and Stress Test / Burn-Off
Unbox-Items2.jpg

Unboxing: The Lobo packaging was good and the accessories included were decent. Pretty standard stuff for most respectable vapes these days. The cleaning brush has an upscale look to it and is perfect for the Lobo’s slightly larger bowl but the bristles are a little too stiff to use comfortably with smaller diameter openings. Please note that the smaller dimpled stem is included in the retail package but the others in the picture are not.

First Cleaning:
I do more than most would deem necessary with the first cleaning of a new vape. I wipe down some areas not in the vapor path if they are close to the vapor path. If there are any taste or smell issues during the burn-offs I know it’s not coming from the areas I could reach during the first cleaning.

Standard Cleaning Steps (See link provided above for details):
- Soak the screen and any dirty stems
-Wipe down the oven
-Rinse and dry the screen and glass stems
- Reassemble and run a burn-off

Areas I added for the first cleaning:
Used ISO and a cotton washcloth to wipe some additional areas and then used another slightly damp washcloth with water to wipe off the ISO:
- The inside of the mouthpiece, (Where the glass is inserted).
- The top and bottom of the mouthpiece.
- Inside areas of base unit near the oven.
- The gasket on the inside of the mouthpiece, (Around screen).
- Wipe dry and air dry as needed.
Addl-Clean2.jpg

Stress Test / Burn-Off:
For each burn-off the session timer was set to the 6 minute max with a temp of 430F. During the 6 minute burn-off I constantly cigar puffed/mouth-pumped without inhaling using the small stem. Some burn-offs were done back to back to test heat displacement. I do all this to force the oven to constantly react to outside cooling while it tries to maintain the max temp. I do the burn-offs until the battery is so low the unit turns itself off. My aim is to smell and taste “things”, to gauge the least amount of time I can expect the unit to run on a full charge and to see how hot the unit can get.

RESULTS AND OBSERVATIONS:
- Completed 8 burn-offs before the Lobo turned itself off for a total of 48 minutes.
- There was no off-gassing visible nor was there any smell or taste issues. This was probably one of the cleanest vapes I’ve ever experienced.
- The outside of the Lobo got warm but not hot.
- The small stem never got too hot to use under normal positioning but…...
- When running back to back burn-offs the very bottom of the small stem, where it makes contact with the mouthpiece hole, got hot. Not a concern since nobody would use it that way and nobody would mouth-pump an empty bowl constantly at 430F for 6 to 12 minutes straight when used normally.
- For the first 5 burn-offs the Lobo was able to reach 430F at just over 40 seconds. By the 8th and final burn-off it took 60 seconds to reach 430F. Testing to see how the unit vapes at lower battery levels is done in the “First Use” section of the review.

2. First Use Testing
The POTV recommendation for users new to vaping was to start at 390F so I’ve used that temp for this part of the review and only step up to 430F when 390F stops producing. This part of the review was done after fully charging the Lobo and each new bowl was filled loosely without packing or tamping. I used the bulb stem and found that the small dimpled stem is more free flowing than the bulb stem and the water adapter. Please note that taste and vapor density are affected by the herb used, draw technique, fill method and temps used.

RESULTS and OBSERVATIONS:
- Got through 4.5 bowls and 34 hits before battery shut down.
- I got a decent hit on a new fill right after reaching temp. No wait!
- Each new fill in a new session was consistent in that the first hit was decent and tasty but the first couple hits that came after were cloudier.
- After about 3-4 hits the taste becomes muted like most vapes.
- The power slips once the battery bars are down to 1 or 0 but you can still get a decent hit by slowing down your draw. I was pleasantly surprised when the bars went to zero and it still produced for a couple minutes before shutting down.
- The ABV in the picture is exactly how I want all my AVB to look. Slightly charred with no ash present. I tried to make the Lobo combust and this is the result.
Bulb2.jpg

Overall Summary:
I just found my new out-and-about dry herb daily driver thanks to the Lobo’s battery life, vapor production and larger bowl. Pretty sure I can get through a day on 34 hits. It has definitely made it into my home-based daily line up too but I’m not ready to ask my other home based daily drivers to move down just yet. The Lobo’s pocket-ability, specs and performance are what allowed it to take over the vapes meeting my outside needs but I recognize I’m in the honeymoon period when it comes to at-home vapes. I’ll post up another review once the honeymoon is over.
good review but i see no crit at all, so it's perfect?
BTW what glass stems come with it? No 3rd party stems, plse.
test should be with stock stem that comes in og box
thanks for your review.

seedy53,

His_Highness

good review but i see no crit at all, so it's perfect?
BTW what glass stems come with it? No 3rd party stems, plse.
test should be with stock stem that comes in og box
thanks for your review.
BTW what glass stems come with it? No 3rd party stems, plse. - see above "Please note that the smaller dimpled stem is included in the retail package but the others in the picture are not." - The other stems in the picture are sold by POTV but not included in the base package.

I did test with the stem that comes with the package during the stress test/burn-offs and moved over to the bulb stem sold by POTV to test it as well. Maybe these links will help:

Thanks for the questions!

kb819

get a c to c charging block and cord that whats been factory recommended. just asking, because the issue may be there, is what i'm thinking.
Tested out a few different scenarios...cables, blocks, charge sources, etc. No go, in fact I only ever saw the device successfully charge once...maybe twice. There seems to be a bit of a bug there, on at least a few units I would imagine.

Vape_Or_Die420

Tested out a few different scenarios...cables, blocks, charge sources, etc. No go, in fact I only ever saw the device successfully charge once...maybe twice. There seems to be a bit of a bug there, on at least a few units I would imagine.
It happens, thanks for being an earlier adopter! Luckily POTV will take good care of you.

Finessseee

How does the Lobo compare to a Dynavap when connected to a water pipe?

Trying to find something to pair with my Arizer portable. Something that’s easy to clean and small while also being a bit more potent through glass. Would y’all consider it a step up above Arizer portables for faster harder hitting sessions? Or would a Dynavap + IH be a better fit for that? (Both roughly the same price)

seedy53

Trying to find something to pair with my Arizer portable. Something that’s easy to clean and small while also being a bit more potent through glass. Would y’all consider it a step up above Arizer portables for faster harder hitting sessions? Or would a Dynavap + IH be a better fit for that? (Both roughly the same price)
respectively, dynavap discussion/comparison is OT here in fc (Devoted to a Brand-Vap Sub).
my OT vap subjects of fc subs that dedicated to a certain vap, usually gets removed.
just sharing what can happen.
edited to clarify in in brackets ( )

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
respectively, dynavap discussion/comparison is OT here in fc.
my OT vap subjects of fc subs that dedicated to a certain vap, usually gets removed.
just sharing what can happen.
It isn’t forbidden on FC, just in a specific vape thread.
You just need to create a thread in Ask FC and everyone can compare away!!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Actually I don't think your ultimate question is off topic here, but my impression of the lobo is that it would be an excellent step up from your current session vape through water, based on my own experience comparing similar ones, I think the lobo would do well for what you are after and better than the alternative you are considering... Again I say that because of the question, you are trying to see if this specific product could fulfill that need, instead of asking for broader personal recommendations or specific comparison

seedy53

Actually I don't think your ultimate question is off topic here, but my impression of the lobo is that it would be an excellent step up from your current session vape through water, based on my own experience comparing similar ones, I think the lobo would do well for what you are after and better than the alternative you are considering... Again I say that because of the question, you are trying to see if this specific product could fulfill that need, instead of asking for broader personal recommendations or specific comparison
sorry if stepped out of line?

seedy53,

Finessseee

Thank you SS! I do like the idea of the Lobo giving me that added hybrid / conduction while also being small and easy to clean. Appreciate the insight as always!

His_Highness

I took the easy out when using the USB to USB-C because it was already there waiting. I'll switch up to the USB-C to USB-C cable that came with the Lobo and attach it to my PC and see what happens when I need another charge.
@seedy53 - Charging Test Promised: I've used my new Samsung cell phone's USB-C to USB-C cord and my PC. I also used the Lobo's USB-C to USB-C cord and my PC. Earlier (See my quote) I used an old USB to USB-C cord with a wall wort. Happy to report everything charged fine in each case.

Jojofernz

Hey I’ve had the Lobo about 3 weeks now, and it and my Dynavaps are usually what get used most consistently.

When I run my Dynavaps through a bong though I do use armored caps, and I use the wand.

I will say that they are two pretty different experiences when running through a bong. The Lobo, since it is a session vape, will push more out of the bigger bowl, meaning more hits, or bigger ones depending on your lung capacity.

They Dynavap on the other hand, with the AC on and through a water piece, I can finish the full bowl setting in 1-2 heat sessions in the wand. Dynavap you could clear in 1-2 big hits, you’ll get thicker clouds and its almost that one hit type feel to them.

The lobo you could possible clear in 2-3 big hits if you got the lungs but usually takes me 5-6 before the flavors all gone you could still puff but it gets toasty tasting. The vapor is lighter but pretty flavorful and satisfying.

Dyna for harder big hits, lobo for a nice bong session

Jojofernz

For some reason I cannot edit my post so sorry for double, if it can be merged.

But I just wanted to say the lobo continues to surprise and impress me. I sat down with it tonight to run it through the bong and was quite pleased with the results, decided to try throwing some hash in one bowl and crumble concentrate on another. Big clouds and flavor. With the crumble I actually ran one session at 385, it ended and I felt it could keep going, started it again at 410 and I got the thickest vapor with the lobo I ever gotten I thought I had combusted. I know it was the Twax bowl but I honestly didn’t know how it would handle it and I will absolutely be doing that more often with it.

Big win for me this vape is definitely well worth the price I dunno if it’s still honey moon I actually don’t use it as often as my fiancé does and every time I do use it I’m surprised at the flavor and performance. Have a good night y’all I’m trashed from this thing.

Edit: terrible lighting, top was the hash mix, bottom was the crumble mix avb
IMG-3625.jpg

Last edited:

futzboy

First time reviewing.

My profile: Daily DISCRETE cartridge vape before bedtime for 3 years. 0-3 additional sessions on the weekend. I've had a Pax 2 for 6 years and would only use it occasionally as I preferred the ease of 510 carts. A couple months ago, I decided to avoid cartridges when I can. So, I started using the Pax 2 again while I looked for a new 'daily driver.' I have access to quality flower.

I will be comparing to the Pax 2 when I can as I don't believe it's appropriate to compare to a 510 cart experience.

My use: I've been running the Lobo with lightly packed (or non-packed) dosing capsules. I measured the contents of my very lightly packed capsule at 0.12g. I set the session timer to 5 min which is really a 4:15 session. I take 6-to-15 second draws as I step from 355 up to 380. If I push myself, I can get the AVB to a darkish brown. But, it's usually a light brown with a bit a green. I've had 1-2 sessions with the potv mini bubbler.

At the end of the session, I dump the still-closed capsule straight into an aluminum doob toob, wait for the bowl to cool, and toss in a new cap for next session.

For discretion, I store in a smell-proof bag from POTV ... too lazy to look it up. It's got a skunk on it.

My notes: I always felt like my Pax 2 couldn't keep up with me. I'd take a long draw until the led indicated it was heating. Then, I'd sit and wait. (I only recently learned this isn't really how you're 'supposed' to hit the Pax 2, but I digress.) With the Lobo, I feel like I can't keep up with it ... in a good way. I can either go hard for full extraction or I can be a bit more relaxed and take it easy. With my Pax 2, I'd usually go 2 separate sessions on a full oven. With the Lobo, it's always one session and done. My packed Pax 2 oven is about twice the size of the Lobo caps. So, the math checks out. Although, the effects of the Lobo seem far more substantial than the Pax 2.

The dosing capsules are amazing. They remove the parts of the ritual that I dont enjoy (cleaning, packing, loading, unloading) and will allow me to prep as many sessions in advance as I choose. (Shout out to @Delta3DStudios for the capsule filler and tightvac caddy!) Discretion is important to me. Dosing capsules make discretion easier and faster.

The glass stem gets warm sometimes. But, I'm never going past 385 ... so not a big deal for me. For me, the bubbler was more trouble than it was worth. If I was being social or having a weekend of sitting around stoned (which I VERY rarely have the opportunity) maybe I'd bust it out. Keep in mind, I own no other glass.

The oven looks as clean as the day I bought it. The caps have not required any cleaning after ~5 uses each. I finally replaced the screen after ~20 sessions. No adverse impact to airflow yet. It just looked yucky. I am satisfied with the battery and bought a couple spares.

Summary: I love this thing and it's shown me that dosing capsules are an absolute must for me. Is there something better out there for me? Maybe. But, I'm happy enough with this that I've got no reason to care. Now, I can limit my cartridge use to when I am away from home. Now that I have accessories to help fill and store caps on a larger scale, I will be enjoying the Lobo for years.

Edit to add one critique: A few caps lids have become loose. A few quick squeezes with a pliers around the 'rim' of the capsule solves it. For me, this is a VERY minor annoyance.

Last edited:

krvnked

So you can buy a caddy that holds 30 capsules but they only sell them in multiples of 4 so at the very least if you buy a full set of 32 will have 3 left over (including the one the lobo came with)

These are first world problems but I wish I could have just enough capsules to fit inside the caddy

Same thing if you buy the caddy that holds 26

I wish I could just buy 29 lol

futzboy

I struggled with the math on that one too. Ultimately, I realize that 2 things are bound to happen. 1) I'm gonna lose some caps and/or lids eventually. 2) I might decide to store a few extra caps (in the aforementioned aluminum doob toob) as a grab-n-go option when I don't want the added bulk of the caddy/tightvac.

futzboy,

HorrorD77

Before I open the box and dig in, anyone here using a TM2 that bought the Lobo? I love my TM2 for on demand. 3 click on, hold button 4 seconds take a rip. Repeat 1 or 2 more times. Empty stem and do so again in 15-20 minutes or so.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
So you can buy a caddy that holds 30 capsules but they only sell them in multiples of 4 so at the very least if you buy a full set of 32 will have 3 left over (including the one the lobo came with)

These are first world problems but I wish I could have just enough capsules to fit inside the caddy

Same thing if you buy the caddy that holds 26

I wish I could just buy 29 lol

Just the way the math works out for a full caddy. I do sell an Altoids Mint Tin Insert (https://delta3dstudios.com/potv-lobo-dosing-capsule-mint-tin-insert/) which holds 13 capsules plus a spare 18650 battery. I also have a split caddy I designed for the POTV Lobo capsules, but I'm waiting to hear back from POTV before I publish that design

Last edited:
Top Bottom