POTV Lobo

Beansuppa

Random question, but since vapes are new to me in general I figured I'd ask here.

But for cleaning I always see IPA mentioned as the go to cleaner, but could you use denatured alcohol (methylated spirits) instead? I have that on hand because I have a resin 3D printer, so it would save me the extra purchase. They're interchangeable for printing so I assume it would work for cleaning vapes too, but I just wanted to check.

Beansuppa,
Reactions: HorrorD77

NOLOGO

Is it just my device or does anyone else have a hard time with the triple click sometimes? I never have any issues with other vapes but sometimes i have a hard time turning it in even though i clearly clicked 3x. I really have to intently and clearly do the triple click for the lobo to register.
I just checked mine: I can click three times on the Lobo's button slower than any of my other "multi-click to power-on" devices.... and the button is simply easier to press than the fury/one. I feel like the area you need to press is more "forgiving," maybe because of the rubber button cover?

This is a little silly, but if you're familiar with the Starship song "We Built This City," I can push the power button 3 times to the beat of that song and it turns on/off. (On a metronome that's 144 bpm) At that tempo it's less of a "triple-click" and more of a "three times in succession" click.

Hope that helps!

4-Aces King-High

About 2 years ago I bought borosilicate glass stems on Amazon 3/$12 intended for my Solo II, WORK Great in my Green LOBO.
The Bowl End becomes the mouthpiece and the mouthpiece end of the stem becomes the insertion end in to the LOBO.
Hoping To Se Artisan stems evolve For the LOBO.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
——————————————------------------------------------

@4-Aces King-High I got all turned around there. Is it pic-worthy?

This is a little silly, but if you're familiar with the Starship song "We Built This City," I can push the power button 3 times to the beat of that song and it turns on/off. (On a metronome that's 144 bpm) At that tempo it's less of a "triple-click" and more of a "three times in succession" click.
This might be one of my favorite answers of all time! I know that song...

Triple-click issues didn't show up on any of my units. I can click it quickly, or at 144 bpm and get a response. Please let potv customer care know. They're tracking anything and everything.

ChooChooCharlie

I like @stickstones generous wording above: "I know that song"

Most of us cringe when hearing it, even fans of StarShip
So sad but true, Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics ... why...? (he wrote lyrics for the entire Elton John catalog)

My Lobo will only display battery life if I try any slower than that song. Works as designed. For safety, it won't turn on without a fairly rapid 3 click

NOLOGO

I like @stickstones generous wording above: "I know that song"

Most of us cringe when hearing it, even fans of StarShip
So sad but true, Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics ... why...? (he wrote lyrics for the entire Elton John catalog)

My Lobo will only display battery life if I try any slower than that song. Works as designed. For safety, it won't turn on without a fairly rapid 3 click
I didn't mean to derail the thread by bringing up that song lol- I was just trying to help those that said they're having a hard time turning it on and off. I only brought it up as a sort of device to know the absolute slowest the 3 clicks can be and still trigger on/off. (kinda like how they say "stayin' alive" is the right tempo for CPR chest compressions.)
Anything faster should work, but if anyone's having trouble going faster, simply slow down the clicks to the tempo of that song.

Jojofernz

It’s not “difficult” to turn on and off. It’s just that any other device I’ve had that utilizes three clicks to turn on, or even 5, does so consistently regardless of the speed I’m clicking it seems.

It’s not a big problem more like a “oh I guess I gotta slow down”

Where with other vapes, like my rogue, I can just click away and it starts.

seedy53

It’s not “difficult” to turn on and off. It’s just that any other device I’ve had that utilizes three clicks to turn on, or even 5, does so consistently regardless of the speed I’m clicking it seems.

It’s not a big problem more like a “oh I guess I gotta slow down”

Where with other vapes, like my rogue, I can just click away and it starts.
just count out loud lol 1-2-3-(4-5) ding ding buzz

ChooChooCharlie

wanted to pick up either the POTV Glass Cooling Stem or the Glass Globe. Hoping someone can explain what the differences would be with each one? Thanks

I agree with @stickstones , the Globe Glass is best

(the other one you cited -- description says only fits the One and V3, not Lobo)

The little globe introduces eddy current turbulence, increasing molecule wall strikes for cooling, after expansion and later contraction. Rough sketch of turbulence:

globe-turbulence.jpg

Wake&VapeJake

I try to low temperature with the smallmouth bees today 350° it was nice! Great full flavored hits and cloudier than I expected.… Does anyone know which battery on POTV would be the best to buy as a spare?… Also I think I like the dosing capsules best has anyone found a good carrier for maybe eight? Somethings slimmer than the round ones on delta 3?

Oops I should’ve proofread that… I try to low temperature today at 3:50° L O L😶‍🌫️

Puddentain

My Lobo has arrived! I’ve done three burn offs with a spare Molicel and am charging up the OG battery with an external charger. I have a question on the dosing caps though for anyone who has some. Do your tops stay on? The one packaged with the Lobo does not. I selected extra caps vs another glass piece due to the shipping delay and two of the four mirror the first. Two kind of screw-on but three overall do not. S&B press fit while the ALP screw together, although the first ALP design wasn’t easy to use.

Can anyone comment on how the Lobo caps were meant to operate? I don’t recall seeing that in the string before, and tried searching, but apologize if I missed it. I can certainly give POTV CS a call, but thought I’d check with the gang here first.

pajamaphobia

My Lobo has arrived! I’ve done three burn offs with a spare Molicel and am charging up the OG battery with an external charger. I have a question on the dosing caps though for anyone who has some. Do your tops stay on? The one packaged with the Lobo does not. I selected extra caps vs another glass piece due to the shipping delay and two of the four mirror the first. Two kind of screw-on but three overall do not. S&B press fit while the ALP screw together, although the first ALP design wasn’t easy to use.

Can anyone comment on how the Lobo caps were meant to operate? I don’t recall seeing that in the string before, and tried searching, but apologize if I missed it. I can certainly give POTV CS a call, but thought I’d check with the gang here first.
I had a similar issue with some of my caps for my v3 pro, they told me to just take some pliers and pinch it a very slightly at the top of the non lid portion.

Last edited:

fuzzysoda

Same thing happens to me a lot, been having to slow myself and focus on pressing it slow and intently like you said. Not sure if this has to do with the buttons being more recessed on the device or something?

It’s not a huge issue but a small annoyance haha and I hope it doesn’t get worse?

That’s how all my problems with this vape have been, so far. Pretty minor “annoyances” but nothing that affects the performance overall.

Except for maybe the biggest issue I’ve found, which still is more of a first world problem but this vape really does need the “right” pack. If I don’t get it just to that spot, it almost hardly even hits. And this is with dosing capsules which I thought would help.

It’s not even that hard and by now I’ve gotten the pack pretty much down but sometimes I pack the capsules when high/distracted/in a hurry and forget about the pack until I’m hitting the capsule and it’s not ripping so I either gotta bump to the top temps to get it going, or stop it, let it cool, and repack.

Other small annoyances are the timer not starting at temp, not even a real issue I either finish a bowl before the timer ends or I end and restart the session before anyway.

It also gets pretty hot after a few sessions back to back but not unholdable. A sleeve would be dope

And yeah I do not like the cleaning brush. Would not have really bothered me except the thinkdank where it was first showed off, Troy and Jerry made it seem like it was a high quality impressive tool. But it’s crazy hard, am I supposed to wet it or something haha? And a bunch of the hairs keep falling out, requiring me to clean with something else lol.

All very minor inconveniences really and overall I have been really enjoying the Lobo. Surprisingly great flavor and satisfying clouds, especially through a water pipe.

Is the LOBO a new heavy hitter like it was first advertised?

Petetbay

Do your tops stay on?
I’ve haven’t tried the cap too much maybe 3 loads, was ok, quicker extraction once it gets going, needed pretty high temp. My top is very snug, need a good fingernail to pry open, would never fall off on its own. I did push out the screen on the top when placing back on and now it pops out more easily. I tried the concentrate pad in the cap without the lid and that ok nothing special. The pad does fit the Rogue perfectly and actually works better in the Rogue. Cap is too big for the Rogue. I’ve yet to try hash in the cap and that’s my main purpose for caps, don’t really bother with caps for herb anymore. The Roffu funnel fits perfectly on the cap so will be good for loading hash, Herb I just scoop to fill holding it with tweezers. I’ll probably pick up a 4 pack next POTV order, I‘m a sucker for caps and they are cheap. :2c:

edit: tried some hash in the cap w/hemp fiber ran 430*F was surprisingly really good, need lots of cooling so used Sneaky Pete’s XL Rocket stem for Rouge/Fury Edge and worked good with nice taste, curved bubbler worked good for cooling, but cut into the flavor. Did very good extraction.

Last edited:

hippo7761

I have been using all caps. To get full extraction I set temp to 410. I start hitting when temp hits 325, and hit it as it climbs to 410. I usually can get 3 good hits before it hits 410. Good clouds. But only way I have gotten the dark abv. Less than 410 roast was way too light even though I was getting good clouds.

I am definitely not getting 10 seshes a battery. More like 6-7 before it hits last bar on battery. 410/4min 30.

Also got the curved mini bubbler. Was free glass. Anyways I won't be using it. Wasn't impressed with the quality of the piece.

And yes the brush to clean it......sigh

Anyways I like my Lobo for what it is. Lets see in 30-60 days.

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
Is the LOBO a new heavy hitter like it was first advertised?
I’ve been getting quite medicated with it so far. I’m using a silicone master adapter on the base dimpled glass stem then running it through an inception J hook. Nice open airflow setup that’s giving me quite the vapor production and effects. I too set it at 410 then start hitting it once it’s at around 320, this seems to give quite satisfying results.:2c:

Edit: and yeah, that brush is pretty stiff. I’m worried it’ll poke into my screen if I use it too hard, I’ve just been using my other brushes I’ve got on hand.

Last edited:

NOLOGO

@stickstones is there any chance POTV would consider making a top for the lobo that's like the POTV v3pro top? I'm 100% missing the little zirconia deflector that's in the v3pro top. I bought the lobo to be my out and about vape, but I'm too sensitive to the vapor when used with the stock mouthpiece. I know some of the other potv glass pieces will help with heat, but they won't help with its pocket-ability.
tia!

seedy53

I’ve haven’t tried the cap too much maybe 3 loads, was ok, quicker extraction once it gets going, needed pretty high temp. My top is very snug, need a good fingernail to pry open, would never fall off on its own. I did push out the screen on the top when placing back on and now it pops out more easily. I tried the concentrate pad in the cap without the lid and that ok nothing special. The pad does fit the Rogue perfectly and actually works better in the Rogue. Cap is too big for the Rogue. I’ve yet to try hash in the cap and that’s my main purpose for caps, don’t really bother with caps for herb anymore. The Roffu funnel fits perfectly on the cap so will be good for loading hash, Herb I just scoop to fill holding it with tweezers. I’ll probably pick up a 4 pack next POTV order, I‘m a sucker for caps and they are cheap. :2c:

edit: tried some hash in the cap w/hemp fiber ran 430*F was surprisingly really good, need lots of cooling so used Sneaky Pete’s XL Rocket stem for Rouge/Fury Edge and worked good with nice taste, curved bubbler worked good for cooling, but cut into the flavor. Did very good extraction.

where did you get that silicone green connector piece in picture?

Petetbay

where did you get that silicone green connector piece in picture?
Silicone smoothie/shake straw that has a 45* bend, I cut the bend out for use, 12mm OD, bought at Superstore grocery store in Canada. You can find them on Amazon, hard to find really wide ones so check for diameter.

Edit: search Amazon or Walmart “silicone smoothie straws bent”

Last edited:
Petetbay,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

Silicone smoothie/shake straw that has a 45* bend, I cut the bend out for use, 12mm OD, bought at Superstore grocery store in Canada. You can find them on Amazon, hard to find really wide ones so check for diameter.
i'll never be able to find it, still can't picture it in my mind, damn it.

seedy53,
Top Bottom