POTV Lobo

OrsonWhales

I’ve finally come to final conclusions on the Lobo after testing a lot. I gonna try not to make direct comparisons with other vapes, but it is hard not to. I thought POTV did an excellent job making this vape that includes a removable battery which should be mandatory on all vapes. Its accessory features and build quality are excellent making a nice easy to use device.

-Mainly a conduction vape with some convection that doesn’t really get going until 380*F.
-I’m a low temp taste chaser most of the time and the Lobo scores low there with me, there’s better vapes if that’s what you’re after.
-It has a sweet spot for clouds that aren’t too harsh between 380-410*F. It can produce some big hits, but is harsh over 410*F natively though water can help fix that.
-It has a huge bowl about the size of the HR Fierce bowl and the main reason I bought the Lobo, but the heater performance isn’t up to the task even though it tries hard 390*F+. Reminds me how I was let down by the FogPro, but the FogPro is convection only.
-I played a lot using the Fierce stems and found that I could get good taste and clouds even at low temps not resting the stem on the bowl bottom to get good convection from the bowl heat. This was my best way of using the Lobo.

When there’s a comparison thread on the Lobo I might offer some direct comparisons. Really it’s hard to know what people are looking for. Surprisingly I did not find the Lobo as a removable battery replacement for the HR Rogue I was looking for is all I’ll say.

Here’s pics of a group of vapes that are all lower priced and do good at what they do in the different ways they do it and none are getting replaced by the Lobo. None are better than another as they are all different doing things differently, but are excellent at what they do, producing vapor. Couple of Roffus, FogPro, Rogue, Argo, Solo2 and Air Max. Don’t have any Pax or Davinci vapes.

Fierce stems

edit: Troy did a review with some comparisons.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. Like the build but it takes a long time to ramp up. Also the countdown clock starts as soon as you go. Not when it comes to temp. Takes a good 45 seconds to get to 200c. But it takes another minute and a half before it starts chugging. The first few hits are light and tasty. But it won’t replace anything I have already. I think It works best through water but there are better for that. I wanted this to be an optional carry. I’d prefer the POTV one over this with a replaceable battery.

Nice review, Petetbay!

ld

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. Like the build but it takes a long time to ramp up. Also the countdown clock starts as soon as you go. Not when it comes to temp. Takes a good 45 seconds to get to 200c. But it takes another minute and a half before it starts chugging. The first few hits are li
I wanna sit down and give a better write up when I have the time, but first night with the Lobo was excellent! Tasty sessions and very satisfying clouds. Works good with the stock glass mouthpiece but really shines with the bubbler, or especially with the WPA and through a glass piece.

It gets a bit harsh at the higher temps, which is why the water cooling really helps.

I also can get some good flavor, but not great vapor below 380 degrees but if I really want some clouds gotta 390 or above, really I like 400-420. The first few hits are especially tasty, then the flavor fades but the clouds it produces are pretty impressive for the small device.

Edit: wanted to throw an edit to kinda correct myself. Started two bowls this morning at 370-375 degrees and the clouds were actually really impressive and satisfying, the flavor was incredible. So even under 380 it performs, and right off the bat.
That’s one of the biggest differences from the only other battery vape I’ve tried, the rogue. With the lobo, it starts hitting right when it gets to temp. With the rogue I had to get a couple draws in to really get it going, especially at lower temps

Gonna take it with me to work today to give that a test, but so far I’m really enjoying this vape! Love the color and how sleek it feels in the hand.
Edit2: I’m only using dosing capsules

IMG-3440.jpg

Testing a photo(hope it works)
My 2-cents, I usually don’t post but do a lot of reading. I also received my Jets Green Lobo Saturday and I’m loving it so far. After initial burn off (3-times) I started with the black glass dimpled mouthpiece and found it a bit hot for my taste, the curved bubbler resolved that issue immediately. I haven’t even tried the water adapter yet. Prior to receiving this unit, my daily’s were TM2, Dynavap, Legacy Pro and Lotus. This new toy is quite enjoyable,, very easy to clean. Great clouds and flavor at low temps (for me) I don’t have an issue with the timer starting immediately since I don’t even keep it on thru the full session. I hope everyone enjoys this unit as much as I am so far.

NOLOGO

Jets Green Lobo
I knew there was a reason I didn't like the green 😂😂 (⚜️)
very easy to clean.
THIS is one of my top 3 reasons for trying out the Lobo! I need something I can recommend to my older friends and family for them to be able to clean it easily by themselves.
(I also won't mind less fiddly cleaning myself)
I don’t have an issue with the timer starting immediately since I don’t even keep it on thru the full session.
And this is my thoughts on the timer as well ...if it extracts in the caloric-dense manner as @stickstones says, then I won't need the entire 4/6 minutes anyway.

Thanks for your first impressions!
My black unit arrives tomrrow!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But it takes another minute and a half before it starts chugging. The first few hits are light and tasty. But it won’t replace anything I have already.

Hi Orson! Would you mind telling me how you pack and hit the Lobo? And what temp(s) you use?

Thanks!
Jerry

Jojofernz

Jerry has a good point there with the pack. On my first night I was having trouble getting hits right away and not as cloudy on lower temps.

Past couple days been going light on the pack(dosing capsule) and it’ll start producing good vapor even at 375 right when it reaches temp

Beansuppa

Man, I'm getting so jealous reading all these comments. This is going to be my first vape (only started cannabis use about a year or so ago and only do carts and edibles...no flower). I preordered a black lobo on the 6th and have yet to receive a shipping notification. You're killing me, Smalls!

Was really hoping to get this before this coming weekend but that doesn't look like its going to happen sadly. I'll just live vicariously through you folks I guess! Haha.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I also appreciate this disclaimer and your insights. But can you clarify if you have an ongoing financial interest in the Lobo's success?
Way back on the first review Jerry said this:
I consulted on the development of the POTV Lobo for over a year, and I am very fond of it. It’s the first time I’ve had this much impact on a vape, and it really suits my style. I’ve already been compensated for my work and won’t recieve more no matter how well it does. But because I like it so much, I hope you will, too.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DISCLAIMER: I consulted on the development of the Lobo. I am biased towards it. You can believe the facts I present, but take my opinions about the Lobo with a grain of salt.
——————————————
I also appreciate this disclaimer and your insights. But can you clarify if you have an ongoing financial interest in the Lobo's success?
I do not. Thx @Grass Yes !

seedy53

——————————————

I do not. Thx @Grass Yes !
Wolkenkraft Äris Ultra vaporizer is a eu version kinda
no removable battery though

seedy53,

NOLOGO

also: titanium oven
Lobo also has:
- different mouthpiece receiver shape, eliminating the extra triangle bit of plastic that's there for no reason
- aluminum casing / no rubber coating on the outside
- recessed buttons instead of sticking out
- charging port on the front instead of bottom, so it can stand while charging
- custom designed stainless heater coil

but yeah, I guess everything else is the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

Beansuppa

Apologies in advance, I just need to rant a little...

I went onto the POTV site earlier and saw that if I bought a Lobo then (around 12pm est), I'd get all the same perks of pre-ordering (free glass, container and $15 card), and with the $7 shipping, it would have been here this Friday. Meanwhile, the Lobo I actually bought and pre-ordered a MONTH ago, still has zero shipping confirmation as of yet.

It's insane to me that I could have just ordered one off the site yesterday, not pre-ordered, and it would have gotten here probably tomorrow, before my actual preorder did. This is so frustrating lol. I thought the whole idea of preordering was so that you'd get the first wave of them?

Anyway, sorry for the vent, just needed to get it off my chest. It feels silly to get heated over a vape but this whole thing has been pretty frustrating.

Apologies in advance, I just need to rant a little...

I went onto the POTV site earlier and saw that if I bought a Lobo then (around 12pm est), I'd get all the same perks of pre-ordering (free glass, container and $15 card), and with the $7 shipping, it would have been here this Friday. Meanwhile, the Lobo I actually bought and pre-ordered a MONTH ago, still has zero shipping confirmation as of yet.

It's insane to me that I could have just ordered one off the site yesterday, not pre-ordered, and it would have gotten here probably tomorrow, before my actual preorder did. This is so frustrating lol. I thought the whole idea of preordering was so that you'd get the first wave of them?

Anyway, sorry for the vent, just needed to get it off my chest. It feels silly to get heated over a vape but this whole thing has been pretty frustrating.
Did you pre-order the Black model? I thought someone said or posted that the black model shipment was held up in customs but I assume the green & blue shipped separately also but made it past customs without delay. If you look at the site now the Black model is a pre-order while the green & blue are available now.

Beansuppa

Did you pre-order the Black model? I thought someone said or posted that the black model shipment was held up in customs but I assume the green & blue shipped separately also but made it past customs without delay. If you look at the site now the Black model is a pre-order while the green & blue are available now.
I preordered the Black, yeah. But the store page has changed since I posted. This morning/afternoon it said "Add to Cart" for the Black ones, and arriving by Monday (or Friday, with the extra shipping). I know this because I almost ordered a second one just because it said it would actually be here for the weekend, which is when I wanted it (it's my wife and I's anniversary and was hoping to enjoy it together).

It's just nuts to me that you can buy one in the store and it's shipping before the preorders made a month ago. Make it make sense lolol.

NOLOGO

I preordered the Black, yeah. But the store page has changed since I posted. This morning/afternoon it said "Add to Cart" for the Black ones, and arriving by Monday (or Friday, with the extra shipping). I know this because I almost ordered a second one just because it said it would actually be here for the weekend, which is when I wanted it (it's my wife and I's anniversary and was hoping to enjoy it together).

It's just nuts to me that you can buy one in the store and it's shipping before the preorders made a month ago. Make it make sense lolol.
did you reach out to the POTV customer service? They've always taken good care of me. It's probably just a simple error that they can correct!

Beansuppa

did you reach out to the POTV customer service? They've always taken good care of me. It's probably just a simple error that they can correct!

Yeah I did, I reached out first thing this morning but haven't heard anything back yet. I got an email Friday from them saying it'd be shipping "any day now", but I still haven't received any actual confirmation. But then I saw the Lobos available to buy on the store earlier and that's what prompted me to make this post and complain haha.

I'm really hoping it's just some error and it shows up on my doorstep tomorrow or something. But for now I'm just going to have to stew in my frustration :shrug:

Beansuppa,

NOLOGO

Yeah I did, I reached out first thing this morning but haven't heard anything back yet. I got an email Friday from them saying it'd be shipping "any day now", but I still haven't received any actual confirmation. But then I saw the Lobos available to buy on the store earlier and that's what prompted me to make this post and complain haha.

I'm really hoping it's just some error and it shows up on my doorstep tomorrow or something. But for now I'm just going to have to stew in my frustration :shrug:
just fyi: I received my black unit today. It was missing one part of the order, so I wrote them an email to: hello@planetofthevapes.com and included my order number. They got back to me literally within the hour with another order number for the missing item. I can't say enough great things about this company.

As far as the Lobo itself goes: I'm still topping off the included battery, (it arrived at 3.80v) and I did a few burn-offs with another 18650 while waiting. I like the solid feel in the hand. It did get pretty warm during 3 burn offs at max temp, but that's to be expected, and I won't ever run it that hot irl.
I'm stoked to have a stealthy unit again for out and about! I used to have a fury/one for on the go, and since last year been using the POTV v3pro instead. It is great for that, but is a little long to be stealthy. Also excited at the lobos ability to extract quicker than the above mentioned units. I'm usually using these on set break from playing music, so quick is key!
I'll give a first impressions review once I run a couple bowls

kb819

The green one just arrived this aft. Did a ISO wipe & 4 burn-offs, manual says to do 3 at full temp. Should mention that I have an H.R. (og) Rogue & Utillian 620 for comparison. Took Mr. Sticksones advise on keeping a Light pack. ‘Tap’, don’t ‘tamp’…and you’ll be rewarded. Ran the first bowl at 405, three 10 second pulls – bowl was done. The other devices listed…don’t do THAT. Was dark-brown enough for me. Ran a second bowl at 400 – same result, just a ‘hair’ lighter roast…but still Done. Impressed. Whatever it is that they did to the heater/air-path stuff to give it a bit of an extra ‘oomph’ – I’d say they did it. Didn’t quite have enough for the TinyMight, but quite happy with this unit so far. And that’s only the first two bowls through it.

Top Bottom