• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Portside Mini

BitsStuckInMyTeeth

I’m happy staying and lurking but just received my PSM and it’s a game changer. I geek out on all my hobbies and to that end, I’ve got lots of flower vapes, glass pieces, etc. so while I might not have lots of experience — I’ve experienced many ways to now vape dry flower. My go to is the v2 Boundless CFV and matrix bubbler.

Back to this, I charged up the PSM, added some soothing graphics, and loaded my DynaVap with some Mimosa. Now I’m jaded by electric flower vapes and even the DynaVap using a flat flame lighter, but this is quick. I thought 15 second heat up time was quick, but this was SERIOUSLY quick. It impressed me so much I had to write about it. There’s a good chance I’ll reach for the PSM rather than CFV (yeah, conduction/convection and all that) which is saying a lot for me. Not sure of the longevity of the PSM but it’s well worth the money for the experience.

Only two things...
1. The charger jack is a little mismatched in size — it’s difficult to insert, although it doesn’t need to be in all the way to charge.
2. I forgot. Sorry, I’m going to have to enjoy some more and ride this out. If I remember, I’ll post back.

https://postimg.cc/y3H8GJV1

y3H8GJV1

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Let's see if a product specific thread can make it to the top.
Most of @Pipes posts are scattered.
PortSideMini deserves a place among the products as it is a forerunner after all.

Now that that's said.

How long do you guys get on a charge with the PSM?
Lets go for "cap-fulls" as a metric.

Thanks in advance

This is a study.
I'm seeing if 650mah Li-Ion cells will keep up.
I got almost a full day's use out of a custom IH.
That's maybe 6 caps full.
Lost track at around #2 :whoa:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am cautiously optimistic that my PSM may arrive tomorrow. The last time anything was posted on my tracking number was April 30th when it left Canada for points south. The arrival date of Cinco de Mayo has been listed since the PSM went in the post. Now I fully understand that deliveries are lagging behind so I'm not complaining if it's not here tomorrow, but my inner child has its fingers crossed.

Until then, my Caldron will keep me company. I know, the first thing when it arrives is give it a full charge. It's that first discharge process that I look forward to.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I was lucky to have the opportunity to exchange with @Pipes at the very beginning of induction heater “revolution”. I bougth a soldering iron and all parts and i did a couple of induction heaters following his precises guidelines .all are still working today

i decided nonetheless to buy a port side mini because of small size and i am very pleased i did. it is tuned perfectly

i believe that PSM deserves its place where it is, DIY section, first because it seems it is the wish of its inventor, second it promotes that way of doing things that is wonderful to me and that will gain importance going forward: sharing knowledge

maybe a ”best of” thread, but it already exist and it is the FAQ document, again :clap: @Pipes

DonMarteng

Portside is the best side!
I get about 8-11 caps out of mine, depending on the quality of the bud and how often I drag.
What I hate most about it is that I cant justify to buy another IH since this one is just so perfect.
Next gen batteries will hopefully last 50 Caps :)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've been holding my breath for a while now on battery tech. Things stopped at 3500mah 18650 it seems. Their doing better with power cells but we should be doing something more by now. I can only hold this hit, er, I mean my breath for so long.

@BabyFacedFinster - I was suppose to get a package today and didn't. Did the PSM fairies deliver yours?

BitsStuckInMyTeeth

Let's see if a product specific thread can make it to the top.
Most of @Pipes posts are scattered.
PortSideMini deserves a place among the products as it is a forerunner after all.

Now that that's said.

How long do you guys get on a charge with the PSM?
Lets go for "cap-fulls" as a metric.

Thanks in advance

This is a study.
I'm seeing if 650mah Li-Ion cells will keep up.
I got almost a full day's use out of a custom IH.
That's maybe 6 caps full.
Lost track at around #2 :whoa:

Look, I’ve been trying but I keep going in saying... I’ll write down how many click I got out of this session. Bam. Forgotten. Hahaha...

nshelties

Just wanted to add to thread - I just received my PSM and love the convenience! I knew if I tried I could hack a diy together but now that I have the real thing no way could I have put anything as nice, compact and such high quality. If you are hesitating I encourage you to make the purchase. This is really nice and I couldn’t have expected better from any store.

MerryMarauder

Funny I'm looking for the same thing. I tried phone holster most arent big enough for the psm. I'm tried a cup holster and that was to loose and big. Now I'm on walkie talkies holsters, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V4HKI1E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jmCiFbHYK5P7Y
Hope these fit right. Only thing I dislike is that it's a button clip instead a belt clip, whatever. Dimension wise seems like a good fit. Imma get it today and I'll report back.

MerryMarauder,
Reactions: acstorfer

DonMarteng

The Tinymight came packed in a couple of cool linen bags and the biggest one actually fits the Portside Mini just perfect so thats how I carry it around most times. Not as practical as a holster but it looks pretty damn good ;D
My portside is about half a year old now and I charge it every other day and so far I it performs as Day 1 if not better! Love it

LabPong

I started with Pipes IH's back in 2017 and they all still work perfect...I tried a couple other manu's offerings...and was not impressed at all. Luv my PSM!

Skeletor
Jarhead
Caldron
Caldron
PSM.................. Pipes IH's FTW!

:rockon:

Need a port mini side

need website

He does not have a website or storefront. You have to contact him by message here and go from there. Here is his ordering page info.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

@Pipes the new switch design, is that retrofitable to your older units?

Also the apollo2 switch base is 3d printed - has less pressure to activate where it does not indent the cap, im guessing this is the step in same direction no?

Also cant find your caldron thread, or the thread where you posted that you are changing the switch design, otherwise I would posted there. And after 2 months of use and a 13 ft extension cord, my caldron clicks around 5 secs now instead of 3-4 :p

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Pipes

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You can find the switch announcement here.
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211/post-1489958
To get the same "feel" with the older mechanisms by cutting 12mm circle of a silicone oven glove and placing over the button.
So far it seems to be working great. There has been the odd one stick or fall out but is generally easy fixes. No reports of the silicone pad melting which was a concern but seems not to be.
I am actually thinking of changing the heat shield to a wood/silicone hybrid but still ironing out the approach. This wood be a higher heat resistant version. Pardon the bun. However, as with my original wood shield, it would get black very quick but this is just a wood hardening process. I'm thinking of a wooden disk that fits loosely but would have a thinner low-density silicone pad slightly wider stuck under the wood disk. This would give some predictable friction which will keep the disk from sticking down and also keep it from falling out. Still throwing ideas around and might just make up a mix and match kit that the user can decide what suits their needs best. The main trick is a thin "low density, almost dense foam, high heat self-adhering disk" is affix to the main heatshield as the friction disk. I've already sourced this part along with the wood disks so won't be too long before I do this change. :science:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The maker is allowing you to remove the top with a heat gun and you can tweak the coil position.

TommyDee,
Top Bottom