Portside Mini VS Flux Delux

Easywider

Simple is the way
My number should be coming in the next few months for a FD, I signup last summer. I choose the FD as I enjoy the aesthetics and longer battery life more but I caved and grabbed a PSM anyway. I've absolutely been loving it and I'm now wondering if I should still grab the FD. I do still like the looks of the Flux better and it would be nice not to charge once each day. Anything else ? Persuade me one way or another, having both seems wasteful.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a FD and a Jarhead and like having both, especially since only the Flux is portable. I also got the Flux Deluxe with a 15mm coil so it heats more aggressively than the Jarhead. With the long wait they are in demand so I'd keep my place in line if I were you. Send me a pm if you decide you don't want yours and I'll buy it from you. Did you opt for the two way external switch to check the battery level? I like that upgrade on mine.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I have a FD and a Jarhead and like having both, especially since only the Flux is portable. I also got the Flux Deluxe with a 15mm coil so it heats more aggressively than the Jarhead. With the long wait they are in demand so I'd keep my place in line if I were you. Send me a pm if you decide you don't want yours and I'll buy it from you. Did you opt for the two way external switch to check the battery level? I like that upgrade on mine.

Thanks for the input :rockon:adjustable heater aggression is something I forgot all about. So if I like to finish a bowl in 2-3 heat cycles would the 15 be right up my ally ? I have 3 caps right now an old 17m that's been through hell and back and 2 newer ones. The clicker on the old one must be damaged because its perfect for me. 3 cycles and im dumping out used espresso grinds. The other 2 click at a much lower temp. I often go 4 seconds past the click on PSM or let it cool to click and heat again before I hit it. I really enjoy the dense vapour and quick extraction an aggressive heat cycle will supply.

Edit: I can't remember if I went for the external switch or not, I really like the minimalist look of this one so I probably opted out.

Last edited:
Easywider,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, 15mm is comfortably cranked you can finish in two to four heat cycles depending on desperate you wanna look dragging on it.

I like the two way battery meter switch even without the cutout because I'm too lazy to take the cells out to check their charge.

bossman,

flammy

Grab the Fluxer. The PSM is a great IH but its battery life pales in comparison to that of the Fluxer. I can go roughly a week without charging. I also find the Fluxer easier to adjust coil height albeit I've never even opened the PSM to try as it has screws vs. a magnetic closure.

Nab924

Sorry if this is off topic, but does pipes usually respond to psm messages or not until it's ready to be shipped? Only asking because I sent a PM on 2/14, but still haven't heard anything

Nab924,

flammy

Sorry if this is off topic, but does pipes usually respond to psm messages or not until it's ready to be shipped? Only asking because I sent a PM on 2/14, but still haven't heard anything

Try him again. He is usually very responsive.

flammy,

Easywider

Simple is the way

He recently posted an update concerning order delays in his IH thread. It might answer some of your questions.

Top Bottom