Portables vs Desktop Poll (daily usage)

Do you mainly use portables or desktop vaporizers?

• Total voters

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I'm in the portables camp these days despite a lot of my use being at home. While I still think my WS delivers outstanding taste and a more even and thorough extraction, my P80 is "close enough" in those regards (probably equal from a taste pov) that it wins out in terms of being able to walk around my place with it, set it someplace convenient for what I'm doing, or just run a preheat cycle as opposed to waiting on the WS to heat soak a bit. These days I don't use often enough to want to keep the WS running 24/7, but if you're using frequently enough (for e.g. medicinal reasons) I do feel like its worth adding that most of those slight QOL advantages wouldn't really matter too much, in fairness to what the WS is capable of doing.

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
Portable most of the time, since some of them are very hard hitting too. I love bigger arrangements but in the flavor
category they loose vs. short vapor paths. Water-cooling is the next terpene trap.
I am very happy to have a few desktops around but they became dusty after the tinymight.
Same with the IH devices, very smart to use. My VapCaps getting never dusty after this beautiful invention.
Now, that anvil seems to be again a hard to beat device even for a desktop. I remember myself thinking it would never be possible to get good vaping sessions with a portable, I was very wrong.
Its the salt in the soup to play with different devices.

checkyourlibido

I saw the same poll on Reddit, and the results leaned heavily to portables.
I don't know anything about anything. But the crowd on Reddit seems to have more newer and inexperienced people compared to here at FC. That's not to say they don't have many experienced people, I just think they have a large number of people who are new to all this.

I feel like many of us went for a portable as our first device, and then VAS kicked in. Even though I think one desktop and one portable is completely reasonable. There are only a few vapes that are capable of doing a great job at both.

I can't see giving up my Flowerpot B1 anytime soon. If I had a P80 or FW7, I think, I'm not sure, but I think I could give up the Flowerpot B1. Only because of space and a lack of money. Otherwise, I think this is a great hobby and I'm super happy for everyone who can have a bunch of vapes.

Ripstar

I have really been finding myself only using desktops lately. Maybe it's how easy it is to get them fired up, better performance and the ball vape craze? I can't stop using my Couchlog, Hot Rod or DC Elevator.

Whisper

I gave the wrong answer. Because I use a WS, but also a portable ( Dynavap ). I never think of the DV as a portable because I use it in the home.

I

Whisper,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
I guess the mighty is "portable" since it's battery driven, but it's my at home vape. I use the little Crafty if away.

The only desktop I have ever owned is the Vapir Rise - like a volcano, but I used it in hookah mode with 4 hoses and forced air, it was a vapor factory!

fangorn

yeah I'm on the side of portable vape users...

I look regularly to buy an elev8r + heater and then... I remember that I have young children...

electrical wires and glassware also hold me back... and laptops are still more practical for the sofa!

last reason, but not least... i think portable vapes are much more tolerable for my half who does not use... she encouraged me to grow, so she is tolerant on that side... she accepts my new passion for vaping...

but I don't think she would appreciate me looking for the best desktop vaporizer...

Top Bottom