• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Portable dry herb vape pen

badbee

I've come to the conclusion that ease of use features are almost irrelevant. It's all about tuning the heater and air path, if it works great nobody cares about those features (see TinyMight). There are lots of failed vapes with all the features you could want but that delivered lousy hits. Beware of over engineering (Ghost), keep it simple.

For me:
  • Ability to finish 0.2 g in 3 or 4 hits with evenly and fully extracted ABV
  • No stirring (or really really easy convenient stirring without an additional tool or spillage)
  • Replaceable battery (no tools)
  • Reliable and long lived (no coils that need replacing)
  • Clean airpath
  • easy to fill with no spillage and easy to clean

hinglemccringleberry

That's one bowl in most vapes. My Splinter Z or a Vapcap can do that in 2 hits if I push, I try to stretch it out to 3.

Did you misread something, did I? :)
Yeah, one bowl could hold 8 pounds of weed, that's not what I was getting at. My amazement was that you can clear 0.2 in 4 hits. I can clear about 0.06 in 3-4 good hits on the DV and then I'm wrecked.
My goboof Alfa held about 0.17 finely ground, and that lasted me 2-3 days...

hinglemccringleberry,

badbee

Yeah, one bowl could hold 8 pounds of weed, that's not what I was getting at. My amazement was that you can clear 0.2 in 4 hits. I can clear about 0.06 in 3-4 good hits on the DV and then I'm wrecked.
My goboof Alfa held about 0.17 finely ground, and that lasted me 2-3 days...
Most people can clear 0.05 per hit without effort, your usage pattern is little more specialized and atypical.

hinglemccringleberry

Some vape enthusiasts can clear 0.05 per hit without effort, some can do it if they're running the hit through water. Your usage pattern is little more akin to the general population. But you can surely clear 0.05 in 1 hit if it's through water.
Fixed.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

hinglemccringleberry

I think your update is incorrect and does not match my anecdotal experience. Maybe it is your vapes, but .05 in a single hit is absolutely no special effort.
Ah there it is, anecdotal experience. Passing opinion off as fact.
Just because you have the capacity doesn't mean everyone else does. I pack 0.05 in a Dynavap and a Milaana on a regular basis and extracting all of it in 1 single hit without water is impossible. Ive tried. With water it is possible. Maybe your idea of 0.05 is different than mine. Maybe your weed is more hydrated than mine which would allow for bigger comfortable hits. Who knows.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

GoldenBud

I pack 0.05 in a Dynavap and a Milaana on a regular basis and extracting all of it in 1 hit without water is impossible.
1. you really can't finish 0.05gr with a vapcap with some cooling stem? I can't do 0.05gr in the M without water, need some cooling stem, like the kind lamart sell, or Simrell cooling etc'
2. i think he means it's not too hard to finish 0.05gr in 1 hit for a guy who joined the forum years ago and probably did 1 hitting many times.... according to common sense, you're an oldie if you vaped most the days since you joined the forum

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Ah there it is, anecdotal experience. Passing opinion off as fact.
How are we different in this respect? I sincerely doubt there have been any broad studies on this. I only know what my scale, tools, and friends tell me.

You seem very confident that your experience is the norm but several people here have a different experience.

I'm not entirely sure why you are going so hard on this.

Grass Yes,
Definitely a switchable battery - it was a broken Crafty that lead me here to these forums. I can't believe that they cost so much but in order to change the battery you have to send it back to them "for a small fee". For the amount they cost, it would be trivial to simply fit a proper battery compartment with an easily switchable battery.

The best vape I've tried - and I'll stick with it - but no love for Storz or Bickel here.

MalonShakespeare,
Reactions: GoldenBud

badbee

I am curious about your point of view. I am realizing just now that I've only ever vaped with one other person. My view is mostly based on what other's write in posts here and on Reddit.

A Vapcap can hold 0.15 g, would you consider it unusual for a person to finish that in three hits? Do you believe the majority of online posts about Vapcap use support that view? That doesn't seem consistent with my reading.

badbee,

hinglemccringleberry

How are we different in this respect? I sincerely doubt there have been any broad studies on this. I only know what my scale, tools, and friends tell me.

You seem very confident that your experience is the norm but several people here have a different experience.

I'm not entirely sure why you are going so hard on this.
I'm going hard on this? You're the one who seems a bit obsessed denying the fact that some people cant kill 0.05 in 1 hit. The fact that there haven't been any broad studies on it just proves that it would be very irrational to claim that every cannabis vaper in existence has the same lung capacity. The burden of proof is on you to show that every last one of them can kill 0.05 in 1 hit. You can't. It's very bizarre that you keep clutching to this. Can't we find something worthwhile to debate about?

I am curious about your point of view. I am realizing just now that I've only ever vaped with one other person. My view is mostly based on what other's write in posts here and on Reddit.

A Vapcap can hold 0.15 g, would you consider it unusual for a person to finish that in three hits? Do you believe the majority of online posts about Vapcap use support that view? That doesn't seem consistent with my reading.
The VC doesn't hold 0.15, it's ~0.1 depending on how finely ground the material is. And only a small subset of vapers, typically the enthusiasts and heavyweights, frequent internet forums. But the real question is why do you care about this so much. All I said was NAVALT (not all vapers are like that) and now you guys are hellbent on trying to prove I don't know what I'm talking about. What an exercise in futility.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Farid

0.15 seems like it would be a pretty tightly packed bowl. The vapcap can take a wide variety of grind sizes and packs, so that's not necessarily an issue.

That said, if your goal is to finish the weed in as few hits as possible, I find I get much bigger hits with a looser pack, and don't need to do 3 heat cycles, one or 2 will suffice.

Try packing maybe 3/4 of what you usually pack, and doing a hotter than usual heatup. You might find you can get bigger rips and kill the weed in fewer cycles.

Edit: To get back on topic, what I would want from a dry herb vape pen would be:

- On demand heating with a small bowl
- Very fast heatup time
- All 316 stainless or glass vapor path, and air path
- Easy to disassemble so you can clean entire vapor path, air path, and heater
- User serviceable, but reliable enough that you shouldn't need to repair it if used properly.
- All aluminum or stainless body: No plastics on the exterior, except for maybe the buttons. No wood, that never really looks good on mass produced products.
- 18650 or 21700 batteries that the user can swap out.
- Magnetic battery doors, like on box mods.
- Doesnt need to be "pen" shaped, since that usually means a very short vapor path. Just needs to be small, but could be shaped like the Toad. If it is pen shaped, the vapor path should still go side by side with the battery to get maximum possible length.

Last edited:
Farid,
Reactions: Adobewan

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You're the one who seems a bit obsessed denying the fact that some people cant kill 0.05 in 1 hit.
I think I see the misunderstanding. I absolutely think there are many people who can't do this. I just think most people can with a good device.

I definitely don't think it is a superhuman feat.

Grass Yes,

3dayphunk

Easy to keep clean
Easy to adjust temperature
Small in size
Good battery life

3dayphunk,
Top Bottom