Please recommend a dry herb vaporizer under 150 EUR / 177 USD

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
At vaposhop there is the Linx Gaia and Linx Eden. I personally don't have experience with these, but the general review and feedback seems positive. Linx Gaia 115 euro, Eden 99 euro, and believe the 10% discount still works.
I've owned over twenty portables and the Gaia was the worst and the first one to be sold off.

I'd skip the Arizer portables too. The draw resistance is better on the Fury 2 and unlike the Solo II you don't need to carry the stem and vape separately.

For quality flavor and on demand convection vapor my top picks would be a Splinter V2 plus a box mod, batteries, and cooling stem. The Musa would also be a strong choice for on demand convection on a budget.

Neither the Splinter nor the Musa are a beginner vape so if you're just starting out get a Fury 2 or Fury Edge and add some kind of cooling stem for home use and only use the black plastic mouthpiece for vaping out.

Fuck the Pax too. More modern designs like the Fury are better for flavor, efficiency, cleaning, and versatility.

GoldenBud

I forgot Musa510 from EU .. Imp's style afaik ..TCR should have good flavour
Solo II is actually an ok minus choice(extracts slow...) if you use wooden stem imho, musa/dreamwood all much better for fast extraction yea

shopdognyc

I've owned over twenty portables and the Gaia was the worst and the first one to be sold off.

I'd skip the Arizer portables too. The draw resistance is better on the Fury 2 and unlike the Solo II you don't need to carry the stem and vape separately.

For quality flavor and on demand convection vapor my top picks would be a Splinter V2 plus a box mod, batteries, and cooling stem. The Musa would also be a strong choice for on demand convection on a budget.

Neither the Splinter nor the Musa are a beginner vape so if you're just starting out get a Fury 2 or Fury Edge and add some kind of cooling stem for home use and only use the black plastic mouthpiece for vaping out.

Fuck the Pax too. More modern designs like the Fury are better for flavor, efficiency, cleaning, and versatility.

Thanks for pointing that out about the Gaia. Was looking for something appropriate in the price range. All reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anecdotally the Pax is still special for me, as an introduction to this world. There is a lot of back for the Solo 2 and the Fury Edge. I am also curious now just to see for myself.

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I don’t see the Pax2 on your list. It’s 130 euros, but there is a discount for Fuck Combustion at Vaposhop in Amsterdam with code VAPOBUST2018 for 10%.

This was my first vape. Works well, press and go. Not at your 100 euro mark but close.

Thanks for reminding the discount code for vaposhop because it seemed they stopped this possibility after they launched their new online shop. Vapobust2018 works again indeed :tup:

Last edited:

shopdognyc

Thanks for reminding the discount code for vaposhop because it seemed they stopped this possibility after they launched theire new online shop. Vapobust2018 works again indeed :tup:
I am not in the EU but I was curious since we get people asking about places to by. Did a check and seems still working! Some of their stuff is on sale too so even better.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for pointing that out about the Gaia. Was looking for something appropriate in the price range. All reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Anecdotally the Pax is still special for me, as an introduction to this world. There is a lot of back for the Solo 2 and the Fury Edge. I am also curious now just to see for myself.
Sorry yeah I was giving input to the OP with all that other stuff and only quoted you as a heads up about the Gaia.

Alexis

Hi everyone,

I have never vaped before and I’m looking for a good entry level device.

I am located in Europe and the vaporizers that are readily available in my region and which caught my eye are the following:

- Fenix Mini
- Smono 3
- Flowermate Slick
- Fury 2 (how different from the Fury are the Fenix and Smono anyway? All I know is the fury is a bit more expensive)
- Boundless CFX

I am looking for a dry herb vaporizer that I could use on my balcony in the evening after work. I would like to be able to collect avb. I am not interested in any device that requires external source of heat (sorry about that dynavap fans).

My budget is up to 150eur, unless you guys have a slightly more expensive option that you can convince me to get.

Cheers.
If you had more budget, I would say definitely check out the Tinymight. I just get the impression it may be a pretty good, well performing hitter.

GoldenBud

@bossman totally agree. it's not the time to buy a 200$ vape from a big company, especially if the heater is small. if we want a small heater we can just buy a vapcap or so(cheap,VFM). it's time to invest in the artsy vapes..bigger heater, bigger ideas.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I am very indecisive. I might go for a fury 2 but I’m really not sure.

Flowermate cap sounds right for my needs too, I don’t know.

Buy a fury 2 rebrand from ebay or amazon. They are exactly the same vape except silicone is not cured. Put the silicone in the oven at 220ªc for 30 minutes and problem solved. I have a flowemate CAP and while discreet it lacks vapor production big time.

nms

I purchased fury edge right from healthy rips and it took a month in the apex of the covid immobilization in both mine and their country. They were pretty helpful in what regards to taking into account customs and how that would affect me to give me the best possible outcome, more to which I can't specify. Their customer support is exquisite and they will go above and beyond to make you happy. I have to say out of my limited but not so limited experience, it's one of the best vape companies I've dealt with.

I would never buy a rebrand, to be honest I would never ever buy anything with a lithium ion battery with this kind of discharge rate from anyone but a very reputable vendor. These things are known to explode. And that's just one issue of many that a reputable vendor will help mitigate.

shopdognyc

@Bibimbap I think the Fury 2 is a nice choice for the price point. Fury Edge seems to get better votes, but it is an increase in price.

I wouldn't worry about the VAS bc it doesn't apply to everyone, but the majority. Those who have the Linx Gaia says its okay, but the Fury seems to be better.

Maybe you can find something in the classifieds too, if you don't mind used.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

I purchased fury edge right from healthy rips and it took a month in the apex of the covid immobilization in both mine and their country. They were pretty helpful in what regards to taking into account customs and how that would affect me to give me the best possible outcome, more to which I can't specify. Their customer support is exquisite and they will go above and beyond to make you happy. I have to say out of my limited but not so limited experience, it's one of the best vape companies I've dealt with.

I would never buy a rebrand, to be honest I would never ever buy anything with a lithium ion battery with this kind of discharge rate from anyone but a very reputable vendor. These things are known to explode. And that's just one issue of many that a reputable vendor will help mitigate.
Fury vapes are Li po batteries ... way less chance of internal circuitry issues making it explode like a li ion

Petrolhead

In my hands was fury2 after 2+ years of full work is dead now, then a fenix mini for 65 euros...
the same gun but cheaper, a true legend, if you find it buy it and thanks later... remember, won't be the one and only, but is a fair entry to convection technology.

Petrolhead,

C No Ego

In my hands was fury2 after 2+ years of full work is dead now, then a fenix mini for 65 euros...
the same gun but cheaper, a true legend, if you find it buy it and thanks later... remember, won't be the one and only, but is a fair entry to convection technology.

you can contact healthyrips and have that fury replaced at half cost off after initial warranty period is expired . and you can upgrade the replacement to a fury edge ETC....

Alexis

Oh yeah, also another great and even cheaper shout IMO, the Storm Sapphire. Seems still very largely undiscovered here. There is a Georgevapefiend video on it.

Alexis,

justcametomind

Buy a fury 2 rebrand from ebay or amazon. They are exactly the same vape except silicone is not cured. Put the silicone in the oven at 220ªc for 30 minutes and problem solved. I have a flowemate CAP and while discreet it lacks vapor production big time.
That’s the only thing I wouldn’t do. Getting a Fury clone is risky, especially on Amazon/eBay because Fury1&2 have the same design and the only thing pointing out you are getting a clone of 1 or 2 is price tag. And that doesn’t exclude getting an overpriced Fury 1 clone in place of a F2 clone.
To my knowledge F1&2 are not the same vape, F1 is said to have less battery power and worse flavor.
The whole thing of roasting the vape at 220ºC half an hour would solve which problem exactly? You mean the protective silicon sleeve?

justcametomind,
Reactions: Petrolhead

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Do you dislike replacable battery vaporizer? :) although that's a better option for our mother Earth:bowdown:

Just about Fury talk, that's a little great vape but if you are in EU I would recommand you to get a Fenix mini at a reputable retailer's shop like Vaposhop, docteur-vaporisateur, lacentralevapeur, Vapefiend or Verdampnotchmal, they got great prices also and Fenix mini/ Smono/Wolkenkraft/... rebrands are the same unit, just bought it from this reputable sellers to get your unit warrantied through the retailer's shop.

Cap is nice but as a first and only vaporizer there is some better choices for 30/40 bucks more.

Have fun, I don't want to make your choice more difficult adding much more units to your list!

nms

Replaceable battery is better for our mother earth because? Guess what's the most harmful component for the vape? Batteries.

You send it back they replace the battery and send the old one to the proper place.

Versus you buy a new one because it's cheaper and the old ones ends in a more appropriate dump somewhere because you put it into the closest battery bin where it stood until it degraded beyond repair, leaked electrolyte and byproducts into the environment etc... because well, sending it to the proper place would be so costly that it'd be better the vaporizer didn't have replaceable batteries anyway.

People who want replaceable batteries want it because it's cheaper(or for the possibility of just switching batteries to avoid recharges) not because it's better for the environment,,,

As for advice regarding your purchase if you don't want to order any of these and want to try for a more expensive vape I'd recommend checking consistently ebay listings and auctions for 'other new' vapes, which includes opened boxes and refurbished and these websites refurbished sections(particularly most vape germany sites have these sections).

I've got great deals on both as in new vapes for less than half their retail cost, with warranty and zero problems and it's my preferred method of acquisition. You can also stay tuned to the classifieds in FC or ent exchange on reddit. I'd trust the first to some extent, as for the second I wouldn't because bad experiences are common. Keep in mind when considering buying used vapes, particularly if they have known aging issues you'd need to fix adding to the cost.

Last edited:
nms,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
People who want replaceable batteries want it because it's cheaper(or for the possibility of just switching batteries to avoid recharges) not because it's better for the environment,,,

Some of us allow more than one reason when making a choice.

Siebter,
Top Bottom