please help me fix my SSV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upriver

combustion-free
Hello-

I have had an excruciating experience getting ahold of an SSV and getting it to work. I have griped in another thread so I will spare the story except for this short version: I ordered a SSV direct from the 7th Floor website. It arrived fast enough, but did not work beyond the first day. Email reply was anemic, so based on advice here I called them. New one came back some time later. However, the ceramic heating element was very loose and floppy. Looking around inside the box, I found the small "cap" piece loose. Putting it back into place, the heater cover does not fit; it has nothing to grab onto. The diagram in the manual is almost useless and I cannot find images online. I called to describe the problem, and was told that "spacers" must be missing. So they sent out a package, containing this:

p1040220i.jpg

But they are I think just the same piece that is already in place.

Here's my SSV minus the heater cover:

p1040219e.jpg

Putting the cover on just has it flopping around, there is nothing to hold it in place. What pieces am I missing, and how can I explain this to them to have the right part sent? If someone could post a pic of their "naked" SSV, with just the glass cover removed I would really appreciate it. It has been about a month since my order and I have STILL not been able to enjoy this thing!

Much love and thanks,

upriver

upriver,

Frickr

your still missing 3 parts. one part should be a small cap that slides over the heater, the second being a small metel shim a few milimeters in width, and the third being the larger round shim(the ones you have pictured).

the cap goes on then the smaller shim goes on behind the larger round shim.

Frickr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom