Phase3 Vaporizers

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I set the temp and then it floats around the temp I set it at. Even if I set it and leave it for a few minutes, it may only sit a few degrees below the set level.
Interesting. I have not experienced this. It's weird that it doesn't overshoot but it sits below the set temperature.

Grass Yes,

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I set the temp and then it floats around the temp I set it at. Even if I set it and leave it for a few minutes, it may only sit a few degrees below the set level.

Yeah this is interesting. Mine initially overshoot by a few degrees then comes down to where I set it. It'll drop down a degree or two during a hit but it goes right back to where I set it

Momor

Press the > button until the led fast blinks. Device will do it's thing, when the led goes back to off/slow blinking it's done.
Here's the old Newvape Calibration or Auto tune video

By default it will overshoot the set temp on heat up so I think the auto tune tries to calculate when to slow down the heat up to minimize how much it overshoots by
Thank you ver much !
My ZX landed in my country 2 days ago so it shouldn't be too long before i get it, can't wait !
I'ma aslo very happy to support a member of the forum/community.

Would anyone know by any chance the average power consumption of the ZX once at temp and without using it ?

MennilTossFlykune

Yeah this is interesting. Mine initially overshoot by a few degrees then comes down to where I set it. It'll drop down a degree or two during a hit but it goes right back to where I set it
Yeah I'm not terribly worried about it right now, just wondering how much I should be messing with the settings/trying auto tune.

Of note (just initial use, 2 bowls) I've run it up to 475 without feeling like I'm coming close to combustion, and that setting doesn't get me to a point of a one hit extraction, so I'm going to keep inching it up and trying higher temps/play with intake speed. I started out at 350 and it was just as if I was just breathing in the air going over the herb itself, did not feel/seem like I was getting much heat from it, but I know someone else in the thread said they sometimes go down to 350. I know the set temp on the PID isn't 1:1 with the temp in the heater, but I'm wondering if mine is running a bit differently than others. Of course I only had a couple hours to set up and get it running last night so I'll be doing plenty more testing as time goes on.

Clapped_r6

Similar experience here, I'm settling in on 525 with stock pid, start breath slow for the first couple secs, then increase speed. Worked for me
Ya the herb barely browns (more light tan) at 500, but if I rip right away at 525 I get the toasty top load, borderline burnt. The slow speed prewarm helps a lot

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Man. I keep finding reasons to commune with my ZX. I'm loving 440-480 temp range.

Edit: with my goo roo 3pc I've figured out my ideal draw speed.steady but gently. So the roo is bubbling like a low heat simmer.
Really fun because I get to watch the vapor swirl until it white walls. I've basically been doing this until there's no more vapor produced. Usually is 3, maybe 4 hits.

What's incredible is the temp doesn't seem to matter. The zx is just a little fog machine. Also, I haven't been able to get more than a light brown toast to my flower. But that doesn't seem to matter. Since this is the ultimate convection lol

Driving The Simpsons GIF

Last edited:

Axel_420

Some people have the DC pid set to a default offset of about 60/100°F (not sure how exactly) less than the coil temperature. There are also those who use the ZX at 600°F (not with the DC pid), so that you can potentially go even higher than the temperatures you reported above. I assume that the pid you received in this drop does not have an offset.

Last edited:

MennilTossFlykune

Similar experience here, I'm settling in on 525 with stock pid, start breath slow for the first couple secs, then increase speed. Worked for me
Ya the herb barely browns (more light tan) at 500, but if I rip right away at 525 I get the toasty top load, borderline burnt. The slow speed prewarm helps a lot

I put a few more bowls thru it last night, I didn't see as much of the temp lagging that I did the first night, so that's a positive! I turned up to 500 and it's fantastic, getting the herb roasted more fully and getting some really nice, big rips. Thanks for the tip about the slow prewarm, that made quite a difference.

Found this guy selling 3D printed handles for $10. Check em out...
Let me know after you size them up. Thanks!
Update before I take/upload any pics: the handle fits the ZX coil pretty easily, but it is kinda big. I may have to tighten the screw a bit as it does feel slightly loose, but I was worried about overtightening. It's 3D printed so it's really lightweight especially for its size, but I found that trying to hang the ZX on the metal coil hanger (that came with the ZX bundle) after I put this handle on, it wouldn't stay put as well because it is quite big, so I've moved to putting the ZX into a ceramic mug. But even with the handle, the ZX will sit on the bowl itself without needing to be held.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I truly cannot believe how high I've been getting from less and less material. First it was the HR Fury Edge that made me use a lot less flower than smoking. Now that I'm needing a few bowls back to back with the Fury Edge, going to the ZX I'm really feeling it within one bowl.

Right? I thought my dynavap was the king of making a pinch go a long way...my ZX takes it to another level with even smaller amounts

coolbreeze

Filled it up pretty good with just a slight tamp for a hearty ZX Pull !
:science:💨 ✌️
Curious to hear more user feedback about the big brother.
It's a lot like that. ; )

I need more time with it but initial impressions are big, open, powerful. I've been running it at about 450F I think and that's about where I want to be with it normally, at least with the pipes I'm using. Maybe even a bit lower. I'm using the half-bowl and the flavor's great, and the effects are powerful. I'm only a few bowls in but I'd recommend it for sure!

vapefritz

Would anyone know by any chance the average power consumption of the ZX once at temp and without using it ?
Now before going into the details I have to say I don't trust my energy meter a lot, anyways:
Let the ZX heat up and then measured energy consumption for 20 minutes, I measured 0.007 kwh.
That would mean the average draw is around 21W once up to heat.
I would have expected slightly more, maybe someone else can try to reproduce this result!
Also what seemed strange is that the coil says 100W, but while heating up the PID draws up to 200W. But well I don't really know how any of this works plus the device I measure with is not really high quality. I doubt it's a big issue.

Top Bottom