Phase3 Vaporizers

CaleidosCope

Hearing about quick heat ups makes me wonder what's the cooldown time? My FT takes a good bit of time before one can put it away.....
... I never really looked close. I would guess 10 min. to cool down to handwarm. Mine is sitting in a 14mm glasjoint to rest - the glas is hot. It extends the cooldown in my system. Roomtemp? Wind? ...this beast is SOOOO tiny. ;)
That's mostly what the PID does. Compensating for heat loss.
But with a 2min heating to temp from cold, I suspect the ZX to have a very fast recovery time.
In all ballvapes there is a sluggishness ... Your PID measures the coil and the outer zirconia shell -not the balls, not the hot air output. It is IMHO "a good guess". Airflow/DrawSpeed is super influencing the outcome.
Just have to say "ZX works reliable, efficient, tasty!" ... It may sound like it, but I have no complaints. Pros and newbies they all get served. With zero-learning-curve. Compared to a wine: now we are talking about the biggest problem: how to hold the glas best. ;)

BTW i calibrated my coil with an external thermometer (even this one is sluggish). 7°C to cold. If you rely on the temp you dial in, this could be crucial. Hoping for a 220°C hit and receiving a 213°C bump.

EDIT: Personal observation. The "ONE BIG HIT" is not my actual aim. Sipping through the terpenes - love that! My lung is absorbing more over time. Example: Same dose, one hit. Cool! Same dose ...sipping through the swan... 3 to 6 short inhalations. WOW! - that's my personal "microdosing".

Last edited:

tgvp

Ryan noticed the trichomes popping too, in a different thread though lol...

I also love the sounds it makes 🥰
So that the source of the cracking sound 😅 would love to see it happening in macro. Not sure if I can focus through the glass bowl 🤔
mmmhhh... my ZX joins its new friend.

Sherlocks-Swan (sorry, my naming!) by Thomas EHLE.

This guy is so cool. I dropped him a photo of my Sherlock-pipe. Told him: belly, open mouth and 14mm. Than he came over with this swan. It is getting white ;) ... I refuse to clean it (hope I can stand). Approaching the BLACK SWAN.

I love what you are doing and have an eye on you. ;)
I was thinking in getting something similar (is this a J hook?) since I recently realised that lowering the temp, and pulling slowly, I can run it dry for more tasty rips 😋

CaleidosCope

So that the source of the cracking sound 😅 would love to see it happening in macro. Not sure if I can focus through the glass bowl 🤔

I was thinking in getting something similar (is this a J hook?) since I recently realised that lowering the temp, and pulling slowly, I can run it dry for more tasty rips 😋
Please, give us a macro shot! ;) ;) ;).
Yes! A J-Hook or a Sherlock-Pipe. That's the way I like it too...dry and tasty.

staircase slight of hand

Assuming it’s the same one that shipped with the last pre-order batch, it’s the Crossing Tech controller (the same one @VGOODIEZ is selling here: https://vgoodiez.com/products/pid-controller-by-crossing-technology)

[on closer inspection, it seems to be identical but horizontally flipped, so the coil plugs in to the right of the controls]

[and a second update: after realizing that the layout was flipped, I took a look at my controller and realized that there seems to be absolutely no external branding, so I’m not really sure anymore… If it’s not an official Crossing Tech product, it’s either a high quality generic coming out of the same factory or a high-quality copy coming out of someone else’s factory.]

Last edited:

AssistedLiving

Shenzhen Crossing Technology Co.,Ltd is a professional concentrate and dry herb vaporizer manufacturer which is intergrating R&D, production, sales and service together

Established in 2011, we focus on and are experienced with designing and manufacturing concentrate vaporizers. Our engineer team has invented a few very successful concentrate vaporizers like the ceramic donut atomizer known as the Kiln, the Saionara atomizer, the Micro Enail etc.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That was my first suspicion, but all the words show up correctly. It’s identical, but outlet on the right of the face and display/buttons on the left.
Looking on the phase3 site, it seems to be using the very popular XMT 7100 controller. There are lots of builds using this PID, including Cannabis Hardware and Cloud Connoisseur. You can find them all over Ali too.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Anything us new adopters should know about the pid our zxs will come with?

Did you buy from @invertedisdead ?
I think he ships a small black box PID that is already set up and good to go!
Just set your temp, give it 5 minutes to heat up and blast off into space!
I like to give the initial heat up about 5 minutes to fully heat soak the head. After that you can just hit it whenever, I find it recovers very quickly!

I do not like playing around in the PID settings too much as it can get a bit overwhelming and there is no reset to default button...

The up and down arrows are all you should be concerned with.
Play around to find your ideal temp setting and then it's just switch it on and away you go!

Excited to hear your thoughts when it arrives!!!

chito

Enjoying our ZX!
:whoa:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Did you buy from @invertedisdead ?
I think he ships a small black box PID that is already set up and good to go!
Just set your temp, give it 5 minutes to heat up and blast off into space!
I like to give the initial heat up about 5 minutes to fully heat soak the head. After that you can just hit it whenever, I find it recovers very quickly!

I do not like playing around in the PID settings too much as it can get a bit overwhelming and there is no reset to default button...

The up and down arrows are all you should be concerned with.
Play around to find your ideal temp setting and then it's just switch it on and away you go!

Excited to hear your thoughts when it arrives!!!

Yeah got it from the man bimself. Thank you for the tips, and you better believe I'll share my thoughts

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yeah got it from the man bimself. Thank you for the tips, and you better believe I'll share my thoughts
Excited for you! Maybe it's serendipitous that your Couchlog order had issues. I always told myself that if I went for vape with an exposed coil in a desktop format, it would be the ZX. I love zirconia. The taste must be pristine.

In the end, I chose the Couchlog for the versatility and lack of an exposed heating element but one day I'll try the ZX.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Excited for you! Maybe it's serendipitous that your Couchlog order had issues. I always told myself that if I went for vape with an exposed coil in a desktop format, it would be the ZX. I love zirconia. The taste must be pristine.

In the end, I chose the Couchlog for the versatility and lack of an exposed heating element but one day I'll try the ZX.

Yeah that is kinda funny. I also want the log for the lack of exposed heating element. Then the order issue happened, as well as a very abrupt and chaotic life change, and it worked out that the zx fits the bill for me.

I do still plan on grabbing a padouk log. But after everything that's happened, the log will have to wait a bit. Got some life stuff that got all messed up that needs to get settled

lazylathe

Almost there...
So the aluminum heater cover did absolutely zero to the system...🤣😂🤣😂
Was a fun 5 minute side project.

Every time I use the ZX, I am blown away by its tiny form factor and the amount of vapor it can pump out of a small load! The flavor is impeccable as well!!!

Very interested to see what the large injectors are capable of as well!

And lastly, I am sure @invertedisdead is busy dreaming up some more amazing, diminutive extraction devices for us!
Hope all is well brother!!

Top Bottom