Phase3 Vaporizers

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
I also happened to stretch my coil. I noticed it was covering like 75% of the heater body so I stretched it. I was not expecting such a big difference. Indeed, I can now run the vape at a lower temp and have the same results. I like low temp, so I start around 360-370 up to 500 (where it's really the border with combustion). Note that I use a 18-14reducer as a bowl. It's low profile so It makes the heater quite close to the herbal material. I don't know about the ZXB cause I don't have one yet, but I assume it should be quite the same.

I also happened to stretch my coil. I noticed it was covering like 75% of the heater body so I stretched it. I was not expecting such a big difference. Indeed, I can now run the vape at a lower temp and have the same results. I like low temp, so I start around 360-370 up to 500 (where it's really the border with combustion). Note that I use a 18-14reducer as a bowl. It's low profile so It makes the heater quite close to the herbal material. I don't know about the ZXB cause I don't have one yet, but I assume it should be quite the same.
It makes a hell of a difference

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Reminder that NOT all PIDs have the same calibration. For instance the DC PIDs tend to run hotter than Auber for the same temp reading. I believe this is because they program an offset into the PID. My DC I run 80 degrees less than my Auber. Same result. PID manufacturer and settings on the PID can make a huge impact on what temp the PID is set to to get the roast you want.

Rodney

Ok after a trip to my local post office to gladly hand over £43 in tax this morning i have it. Not often instantly sold and have a hefty arsenal of choice in the toy box but for me, and my preferences this is about it. Just fucking wow. Ball vapes for me are B2, Hot rod, Couch Log and Thermal accumulator. B2 i just use too much material always....hot rod decimates bowls with heavy taste loss but ace extraction, couch log amazing flavour but back to back issue, TA love. This is everything I love about all those device's in one package. Full review once dialled in but pound for pound its stellar. I couldn't see the need for a bigger one, sincerely. Mega job chief. Love it.

was the £43 tax anything to do with the Phase3?? also in the picture this is the Plug & play bundle right?? I want one but am in UK and need to preorder so not sure right now. Has been recommended to me by a few members so far so am interested and watching :)

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Reminder that NOT all PIDs have the same calibration. For instance the DC PIDs tend to run hotter than Auber for the same temp reading. I believe this is because they program an offset into the PID. My DC I run 80 degrees less than my Auber. Same result. PID manufacturer and settings on the PID can make a huge impact on what temp the PID is set to to get the roast you want.

Agreed, if I move any coils from my DC to my MiniNail PID I need to increase temp.

Stueylakes

was the £43 tax anything to do with the Phase3?? also in the picture this is the Plug & play bundle right?? I want one but am in UK and need to preorder so not sure right now. Has been recommended to me by a few members so far so am interested and watching :)
No purely UK tax and handling. I did ask Ryan to put 50 dollars and gift but hey ho all good. It worth it with 3 times the tax. I know its day 2 for me but its sincerely incredible. Also anyone who also has a couch log, my joda glass custom wpa is magical with this mini beast! Ill do some vids later.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've had loads of packages from Ryan over the years, until recently when the value limit changed I paid vat on the total invoice Inc shipping, plus a handling fee which is usually around £8 on every delivery. Lately though I've not paid it on packages I expected to, and had to on another I wasn't expecting to pay it. Either way, you don't pay us taxes and I never feel like I've over paid on anything I've bought from Ryan.

Stueylakes

OK so I am sincerely impressed. Taste, efficiency, effects all remarkably on point. Value wise you wont get better all round vape IMO than this. Glass Charlie Tasty Tube hits as hard as any vape I own, but you still blast .15-.25+ in one hit. This puppy is magical. Around .1 on the first with Joda Glass WPA for couch log, which is wonderfully excellent and another 3 meaty hits followed. But. The zx bowl had less than .05 and it rips it apart, unlike any other device. Pure taste, epic efficiency and remarkable effects. I will sell some higher perceived value products with the ZX in situ. If on fence, do it, not many better. And for price point and innovation personified, just buy one. Thanks for keeping it going Ryan. This punches way way way above its miniscule weight. Oh yeah even with Eds cocoshooko handle it still stands on a prophet hands free!

tgvp

Was running low 500,s CH pid stretched the coil mid 400’s same result not sure why
I suppose that as heat is more evenly distributed from coil to zx, it probably needs to be setup at a lower temp (on the pid and thus the coil) to the beads (and thus the heated air out of the zx) to reach the same temp.
With all those positive stretched coils experience, I might do the same to mine at some point in the future.
Pure taste, epic efficiency and remarkable effects.
Yeah, so true. And as often with efficient devices, less is more, better to rip 2 0.05g bowls successively on 1 hit each than a 0.1g one in 2 or 3 hits

P.S. I'm always amazed when I realise I have to dose weed in the 50-100mg range

Sultana lungs

I suppose that as heat is more evenly distributed from coil to zx, it probably needs to be setup at a lower temp (on the pid and thus the coil) to the beads (and thus the heated air out of the zx) to reach the same temp.
With all those positive stretched coils experience, I might do the same to mine at some point in the future.

Yeah, so true. And as often with efficient devices, less is more, better to rip 2 0.05g bowls successively on 1 hit each than a 0.1g one in 2 or 3 hits

P.S. I'm always amazed when I realise I have to dose weed in the 50-100mg range
Yes agree distribution from the stretch but I think it also does something to the pid and coils settings not sure what maybe I’m totally wrong

CaleidosCope

Yes agree distribution from the stretch but I think it also does something to the pid and coils settings not sure what maybe I’m totally wrong
Stretch it! ;) ... I am totally blown away how this little stretch changes the whole experience.
I think that the ZX is now measured rather than the coil itself.
i have another coil that is already stretched ... it seems that the sensor (in exactly this coil) is not inside or outside ... rather at the bottom or top of the cross section

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Lots of screen talk since the Troy and Jerry show.
Seems a bit counterproductive as this was talked about extensively here as well as solutions to prevent screen flipping.

I have and still use a 14mm make joint to press the screens in and have never had issues with them flipping it moving around when stirring a bowl.

The Zirconia bowl DOES have a ledge for the screen to rest on.
I have figured out that pressing it in from the bottom works the best and will give you a nice solid seating option.

I also just use a pick to stir and empty my bowls. This way I know how much pressure I am using when stirring or debowling.

My routine is to load a bowl and take a hit and then lightly stir and finish off the bowl. By this stage the Herb is very dry and will empty out of the bowl very easily! A quick brush and it's ready to load again.

I think I am going to stretch my Z8 coil today as well and see how that change affects it's use!
What I have noticed is that the Z8 is longer than the ZX, so it will require a bit more heat to run.
Lengthen the coil and see if I can fit a few more beads underneath the original beads to try and take up some air space.

I have also switched back to the Ruby balls as they are just perfect in the ZX!!

The ZX and the Z8 are the only two vapes I am using at the moment and I do not feel the need for anything else!!
Their small footprint is also greatly appreciated!!

TedJones

That's super interesting! I keep seeing more folks stretching the coil - honestly it was designed to incorporate that cooler temperature gradation towards the end of the device to reduce heat transfer in the joint and to the bowl. With the 1.7 a good amount of heat was going into the glass bowl, so Z8 and beyond added some extra length to buffer that. But perhaps it doesn't really matter so much?
Here’s where he mentioned it (bottom pg 94). Thinking the only difference is the ability to run the pid at a lower setting with same results 🤷

lazylathe

Almost there...
Ryan advised me not to stretch my coil (after i had, unfortunately). He could describe why better than I can, but it was part of his design. I'd ask him about it if you're interested.

When my ZX arrived I had to install a coil and the only one I had was stretched a bit. It covers the entire injector from the top till just above the bowl.
Works fabulously for me!

Oden

Lots of screen talk since the Troy and Jerry show.
Seems a bit counterproductive as this was talked about extensively here as well as solutions to prevent screen flipping.

I have and still use a 14mm make joint to press the screens in and have never had issues with them flipping it moving around when stirring a bowl.

The Zirconia bowl DOES have a ledge for the screen to rest on.
I have figured out that pressing it in from the bottom works the best and will give you a nice solid seating option.

I also just use a pick to stir and empty my bowls. This way I know how much pressure I am using when stirring or debowling.

My routine is to load a bowl and take a hit and then lightly stir and finish off the bowl. By this stage the Herb is very dry and will empty out of the bowl very easily! A quick brush and it's ready to load again.

I think I am going to stretch my Z8 coil today as well and see how that change affects it's use!
What I have noticed is that the Z8 is longer than the ZX, so it will require a bit more heat to run.
Lengthen the coil and see if I can fit a few more beads underneath the original beads to try and take up some air space.

I have also switched back to the Ruby balls as they are just perfect in the ZX!!

The ZX and the Z8 are the only two vapes I am using at the moment and I do not feel the need for anything else!!
Their small footprint is also greatly appreciated!!
And what do you have, like other vapes that rival the ZX and Z8 for you?

Top Bottom