Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

220V Plug & Play kits available for pre-order now!
Estimated ship date says next month for a little leeway but they should realistically be shipping out in only about 2 weeks. Pre-ordering will help me gauge demand/interest to ensure that I order enough of them as my international customers have been asking for these since I started.

Includes:

-PHASE3 ZX zirconia ceramic heater filled with 3MM rubies
-14MM borosilicate glass bowl
-Hot Coil Stand
-220V 16MM coil (installed/D-Nail wiring)
Please check pin outs on the website if pairing with an existing controller, if in doubt please message, email me, or ask here on the forum)

Optional:

-220V PID Controller (Black)
-14MM ZXB zirconia chamber

I only want more airflow for the recyclers I use. With 4mm balls its pretty close.

I actually have 6MM sapphires in my Z8 :uhoh:

Comfortable airflow is very important to me and a big factor in what keeps the ZX dynamics so lively and intense!

cannasoor

I want my customers to genuinely benefit from the 3 years I spent reading heat transfer textbooks and PhD thesis’ every day for many hours a day, trying to truly build better vapes and understand what’s actually going on here on a fundamental level when we talk about vaporizing.

See, it's this kind of thing right here that makes me want to buy a ZX. Just sayin'.

Thank you for all your work (and research)!

PS: cashflow and mail receipt problems are the only things holding me up … .

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Viton rubber handles went out to all zirconia bowl orders today including international! My apologies for the delays with these, took longer than anticipated but I’m happy to get those out at my expense to show my grateful appreciation for your support for preordering my zirconia bowl. Thank you kindly!

I’m just waiting on a quote back for a SX run for those that are interested in a made-in-USA SS316L vape. Once I hear back on that I’ll post on here and instagram and add it back to my website.

P.S. I have like 4 or 5 complete plug & play kits left in stock, if you’ve been thinking of grabbing one now is as good a time as ever 😅

See, it's this kind of thing right here that makes me want to buy a ZX. Just sayin'.

Thank you for all your work (and research)!

PS: cashflow and mail receipt problems are the only things holding me up … .

Yeah there was so much research that went into this project trying to establish a more scientific background for what’s going on here at a molecular level to achieve truly tasty and potent results; while also trying to grow my competency as a designer and engineer at the same time. With the ZX being my 9th generation ruby ball vape I’ve pretty much already tried everything that other companies are just now experimenting with. Even the “wireless ball vape” I did 2 years ago with the Electric Sandcastle. 😄

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

PHASE3 SX Pre-Order live now, for just $80.00
That's 40% less than the ZX! :wave:

Plug & Puff, Ready-2-Rip kits also available for only $200.00! Screaming deal for an American made housing, thanks so much for supporting local businesses.

💕 your friend Ryan, and the rest of the PHASE3 Team (it's just me 😅 )

coolbreeze

Cheers!
IMG-5530.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What are the differences you notice between the ZX and SX?

IMO the ZX tastes better and is more temperature stable as it puts a lot less conduction into the bowl. Some people like more conduction though.
SX is 40% cheaper.
ZX looks better to me. I think it's sleek, like a formula 1 race car.
They both hit worlds above their "weight class" potency wise and are super fuel efficient with your stash.

I personally use the ZX with matching ZXBowl 100% of the time.
To me it's the top of the top.
My ZX is twin turbo'd though 😋

I'm not completely sure if the SX run will happen as the interest seems pretty low so far.
In comparison, the original SX run sold out the same afternoon I posted it.

But I'll give it some more time and see what happens.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Guys I need your advice, what do you think is the reason I have such a hard time making this business work?

Are my prices just completely outrageous compared to everyone else?
Are my website photos that awful that people don't trust my store?
Is it because I don't do enough sales and giveaways?
Is it because it's 14MM and people don't think that's big enough?
Something else? Post your thoughts below.

Please give me your brutally honest feedback, because I really need some help understanding how the ZX is so highly regarded, yet it's so hard for me to sell enough to keep going. It would be one thing if the ZX was trash and everyone hated it, but so many buyers tell me it's their favorite device ever so I just don't get what the problem is.

🎭

simba

@weedanwine
How big is the market for vapes with exposed hot coils? I don't think it's that big tbh, and a lot of people won't buy a new one until their existing one dies.

I know some people have multiple injector/ball vapes but that's an even smaller subset of people.

I don't think the prices are outrageous tbh. The biggest question is how many units do other manufacturers really shift? And was that because of when they were able to get things to market?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My guess, it's the size.

I was considering my options and nearly didn't push ahead with the z8 purchase, because I didn't believe it would deliver enough of a medicating slap having a considerably smaller bowl to what I was used to. It does do what you intended it to do, and it does it exceptionally well, but if you feel like you need 0.3 from experience to get your where you need to be, then you could be put off by needing to load multiple times thinking it wouldn't deliver, when it absolutely does!

The z8 was not cheap, but it wasn't over priced either IMO. I've definately had my money's worth out of it and it's going to last a lot longer than your previous glass injector options that I bought. The zx is an absolute steal IMO, but I'm not interested in metal heads so the options are a lot fewer for me. If there was an 18mm zx then I'd definately grab one, and I think a few others would too. Not that I think the 14 is too small, it isn't and I've been surprised that the load size is pretty much perfect for me, but maybe that due to the intensive thought that's gone into the geometry. I've had bowls with a little bubble or rosin on the load in this tiny chamber that I've struggled to finish. Before I was on the p3 bandwagon I used to have multiple elev8r bowls to feel what I wanted to.

Guys I need your advice, what do you think is the reason I have such a hard time making this business work?

Please give me your brutally honest feedback, because I really need some help understanding how the ZX is so highly regarded, yet it's so hard for me to sell enough to keep going. It would be one thing if the ZX was trash and everyone hated it, but so many buyers tell me it's their favorite device ever so I just don't get what the problem is.

🎭

I don't think your pricing is out of line, but I do think being "late to the party" is hurting you now. A lot of the enthusiast types probably owned at least one ball vape head before the Z8 even launched, and in some cases, they already owned multiple. That made the Z8 a tougher sell to this subset of the market. It didn't help that there were new ball vapes coming out seemingly every week around that time, with a race to the bottom on pricing. I've noticed in many vape related Discord communities that the enthusiast types with multiple heads, as well as newcomers to ball vapes, are increasingly price conscious, and will happily buy something from China if it means it will cost them a few bucks less. In retrospect, you probably would have had more success launching with the ZX/SX out of the gate.

I don't think your website is the problem. I do think if you had more of a presence on social media, Discord, etc. with constant promotion, sales, giveaways, getting other people to promote your stuff, etc. it could have helped generate buzz in the beginning. This community can be pretty cliquey in some circles and people have a tendency to turn into fanboys about their favorite gear. Word of mouth goes a long way, I think.

Regarding the 14mm format, while I personally believe it's the way to go, I do think it's a smaller market than 18mm. Again, the enthusiast types had already wrecked their tolerance with Flowerpots or whatever else by the time you launched, so the idea of stepping down to a smaller size may not have been as appealing to those folks. Also, a lot of the newcomers to ball vapes are people who complain about their other vapes not getting them high enough, or being frustrated with vaping not stacking up to combustion bong rips, so I think those people are more likely to go for the biggest (and most common) size available. Maybe 14mm will catch on more in the future, but there's not a ton of options out there at the moment. On one hand, this should help you, being one of the first to market in the category, but perhaps there's just not enough demand right now?

At the end of the day, ball vapes are still a niche within a niche, and the market has become insanely saturated in the last 12 months or so. I think timing is everything, and it sucks knowing you were ahead of the curve, but just couldn't get to market quick enough. I've never owned an exposed coil ball vape, and I don't really plan to at this point, but I've really enjoyed following this thread from the beginning and I have a ton of respect for you as an FC OG and fellow enthusiast. You seem like a real solid dude and it pains me to see you struggling with this venture, despite the fact that you're doing it right IMO and have stayed true to yourself the whole time. Keep your head up man.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Estimating demand is a hard problem. Even established brands often contract with companies who work exclusively on demand forecasting.

I think your prices make sense to me. The ZX and SX seem in line with other heads of this style.

I don't know how many you have sold vs. the demand. I'm sure you could increase demand if you worked with influencers and reviewers, but they also have their own problems.

It's possible that that ball vape shoppers also only want the most powerful get-you-rocked vape. I could see those folks not considering a 14mm vape. Although I'm am not convinced the product is the problem. It could just be people only hear about cannabis hardware when shopping for a desktop. They clearly have a good marketing budget and court reviewers and influencers.

But yeah. I don't have a good answer. But I bought your last two vapes so I might be the wrong person to ask.

shroomi

I have owned the ZX and the Zbowl just for a few days, but I am already in love with it. I will absolutely post a review here in the next days, and on your site if that helps.

From an overseas based point of view, taxes + shipping costs are something you have to consider, and I myself have stopped many times before buying. I don't know how/if that can be done, but maybe an international distributor could help.

Oden

What comes up a lot when I ask people in the community why they don't want to buy a ZX is because the bowl is too small.
These people want to do sessions with bowls that can hold 0.5g.
They think the effects won't be as strong.
I love my SX and I save incredible money on my weed.
I've saved a lot of money with it since I've owned it since last February.
But I still think that a ZX 18 would have interested more people.

cannasoor

I just want to chime in that I would be looking at 14mm if and when my time comes (and ZX, I think). As I said in a prior post, I just have mail receipt problems (entirely personal) since my retirement, otherwise I would have ordered by now.

Not that that helps you much, I'm sorry to admit. But as @letter never sent said:

Keep your head up man.

🎭

As an entrepreneur you have choices and need to pivot towards success:
  • Match production to market demand
    • Your devices are great and appeal to a niche within a niche (Consumers>Vaping Consumers> Desktop Consumers>Ball Vape Devices > 14mm Ball Vape Zr. housing/16mm coil) and late timing from a supply and demand perspective.
    • Perhaps negotiate better terms at lower batch quantities and tighten expenses with the goal of bringing a greater % of revenues to the bottom line and accepting less growth with the increase in the availability, variety of materials, and price points there is a smaller piece of pie (number of customers) for each ball vape manufacturer.
  • Increase market demand by:
    • Increasing product awareness (marketing, influencers, giveaways, contests, promotions, bundles)
      • The site photos are good but perhaps you can include photos of it in action, a video user guide, reviews etc. on site.
    • Increasing Value Proposition by decreasing costs or increasing benefits.
      • Plug-&-Play PID, Coil, beads, ZX + Zr. Bowl at $300 is a fair price point but lower prices attract more consumers
      • Expand to Complete Ecosystem: Handle, debowler, etc. to market to new consumers. (Being mindful of existing manufacturers and price points and ability to provide a superior value proposition.)
        • Partnering or collaborating with existing manufacturers to tap into their consumer base.
  • Provide 18mm option with 20mm coils:
    • From a ball vape enthusiast standpoint it lowers their switching costs regarding the coil or perhaps provide an adapter to allow their 20mm coils to work with the 14mm ZX. The 18mm injector will be a new SKU with its own set of hurdles and competition within the 18mm injector sub-market.

DaVapeGuy

Please give me your brutally honest feedback
A lot of good points so far, I'll offer a friendly counter point:

IMO I wouldn't treat this business as my sole income/pursuit.

I'd treat it as a side hustle due to the points listed above and the following:

1. Niche of a niche market.

The people who own ball vapes have their "brands" they stick to. Most ball vape "brands" are well established by now and people have chosen their respective camps.

Even smaller niche is those who own multiple ball vapes or collectors (you probably already tapped into most of these people by now tbh)

2. A lot of people just want the cheapest vape. They don't want the "best" but rather "best bang for their buck".

i.e. China, knockoffs, etc.

These people aren't looking for quality artisan vapes or makers to support. They want something that's good enough and will get them high for cheap.

Most people fall into this group, as opposed to the few enthusiasts on this site.

3. Many people only use portables (even at home lol:hmm:)

i.e. they don't care how good your desktop vape is, if it's not portable then they aren't interested.

4. Some people like desktops but don't like exposed coil vapes, so you can't attract these customers either.

5. Wireless ball vapes are the new trend.

Who knows what the next big thing will be but if you aren't part of it you're losing business to the trendsetters.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Given all of that and more, it's clear that your possible customers are a tiny piece of the collective vape market pie.

Don't forget that vapers are already a tiny piece of the stoner pie (the amount of smokers heavily outweighs vapers).

I just think you wouldn't be so disappointed in sales if you had other pursuits.

If I put all my time and energy into growing a brand and sales weren't adding up then I'd be pretty upset too.

Don't be so hard on yourself. The fact that you even brought something to market that a lot of people like is pretty awesome, most people couldn't do that.

I'd tap into your business/design skills and put it to use somewhere more lucrative and treat this like a side hustle/project/hobby.

TLDR:

Product is good but super niche business is hard.

Treat it like a side hustle and not sole income.

Less pressure on you (mentally and financially) if you have other streams of income.

There's a lot of opportunities out there for smart and driven entrepreneurs like yourself out there, so don't give up! :clap:

:2c::peace:

add1noob

🎭
I feel like most people want the strongest/biggest possible hit without really considering if that's the right way to go about it. I personally was interested in the ZX because of the material and all the reviews about the taste and the weight. I would recommend posting videos of you or other people taking big rips out of cool bongs. For people who have no interest in the material and little understanding of the design the biggest thing the ZX offers is its appearance. It is truly beautiful and pairs well aesthetically with nice bongs. While the people who read this thread and believe in the research you've done will always follow you. Most people just want more balls, or bigger bowls or being able to take double-decker hits. It doesn't matter what you tell them because stoner logic wins over. Maybe market it as a healthier alternative or a more energy efficient device. Most people don't use vapes they use Chinese carts or sketchy concentrate made from god knows what. I am assuming the ZX isn't advertised much outside of this site. So as much as I hate to say getting in touch with a few weed influencers would help you reach a wider audience. This is coming from someone who doesn't really use this website other than to check this thread so probably don't listen to me.

Varden

I am on the look for my first ball vape. I am reading the ball vapes comparison thread and Phase3 vapes always are recommended and people comment they are their favourites. They also always comment on the capacity of your bangers to do low temps and get the best flavour (and since apparently I'm becoming a flavour snob, that's right up my alley).

I agree with a poster here up before me that the webpage could be a bit clearer. I was overwhelmed the first time I visited it. For a person completely new to ball vapes a more clear link to a full system and a video showing the whole process of turning the system on, loading herb, setting the banger and inhaling would help. Experienced users can find parts and accessories easier, but a clear path for newbies would help. Make it very obvious (for dummies and for people who have no time to read) the why of your design choices, why bigger and more balls is not always better, and how you are aiming at best efficiency, airflow and flavour. Just my 2cents.

I also agree with @Oden , it seems cordless are way more convenient (just by reading opinions, obviously I have no experience yet) so ideally I'm looking to start with a cordless system. A cordless version of one of your bangers would be top of my list of candidates.

coolbreeze

any type of wireless ZX would be crazy
Wireless Z log. The Zand Castle. There I said it. ; )

As everyone's noted, ball vapes are synonymous with power and the 14mm seems small in comparison. Absolutely NOT a reason to not make them, they are perfect and much-needed by a niche that's probably much larger than we suppose. Otoh, an 18mm or even a diffuser may help create more brand interest/awareness, helping keep the Zs viable.

I think you need to capitalize on your creativity. You've had some amazing concepts and innovations, and I would love to see Phase 3 reflect the scope of that. Other people are making your designs because they're fantastic and they know they're going to sell some. That should be you. I wouldn't be afraid to broaden distribution and awareness, either, by putting them in stores. You can't dilute your brand if your brand is creativity and innovation.

Anyhow, thank you so much for bringing the Zs to market, they've improved my life!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thank you all for your honest feedback. It gives me a lot to think about, I'll be back to comment on that in a bit as well as share some other ideas and developments. I posted a video of my old InV1.5 on Instagram, talking about wireless ball vapes, and that got a bigger response than anything I've posted yet on there. So I'm juggling some updated designs right now evaluating ways to make that happen. Just trying to consider a couple things before hand.

Also I wanted to post this here, the PHASE3 Moving Sale is LIVE.
I have just 3 weeks left here and need to sell as much as I can. For a limited time, get the complete Plug & Play ZX Bundle WITH electronics for just the price of the ZX Heater and ZXB Bowl. Really great opportunity to jump on a really great vape, tell your friends who have been on the fence 😉

As always thank you kindly for the opportunity to be here.

💚 your friend Ryan

Top Bottom