Phase3 Vaporizers

I find the flavor to dramatically taper after the second hit regardless of bowl size as the initial hits have a greater proportion of highly volatile terpene while larger filled bowls lead to more cannabinoids remaining trapped in the material requiring less flavorful follow up hits.

Comparing the two Phase3 bowls:

I enjoy the glass bowl for ease of stirring and bigger bowls get about 5 hits with 1 OldHead scoop-full but I did have one incident where the screen popped off while debowling.

The Zr. Bowl design is beautiful, simple, and elegant. Appreciate the recessed cut for the screen to sit flush and locked in while stirring/dumping and how nicely the ZX and bowl mates up together. Thanks for the two rubber O-ring’s included as the bowl gets too hot to touch after the second hit and especially after back-to-back fresh bowls but aesthetically black o-rings are the way to go.

Between the two; I prefer the Zr bowl with the load being closer to the heater at about 10*F lower PID temp with a smaller load size between 1/3 to ½ of OldHead Scoop. Still trying to nail down the one hit snaps but got it down to two hits; I know it’s doable with smaller loads but below 1/3 scoop and I don’t get the effect I’m looking for. The Zr. bowl really shines at smaller load sizes as it’s more capable of proportionately extracting the flavor and desirables within two hits.
I’m loving this Bowl Z y’all, honestly love may be an understatement. Every little detail is just perfect, it’s so crispy! I decided to only get one in the initial preorder because it felt selfish to scoop two and thus deprive another Z Tribe member from getting one. But I’d like to have another one even though I don’t really “need” another bowl. However, IIRC @invertedisdead asked if there was any interest in a different ZC bowl and brother, I’m definitely down for another ZC bowl design. Any consumer resolve would melt right away in the face of that temptation! Because, as cool as this lil bowl is, I know you have more tricks up your sleeve and mister, I’ll happily pay to see as many as I can! If it was a small limited run with preorder, I reckon there’s enough crazy fuckers like me to make it profitable. Pretty please?!

Alright everyone, take care of yourselves and remember to take a moment and love yourself. No I don’t mean like that, you depraved bastards.
Let’s be careful out there!

Feels the same way. Count me in on another crazy fucker for the larger Zr bowl but hopefully still remaining closer to the heat source then the glass.

MonkeyTime

Well, she landed.

Of course I had to sit at work 1/2 the day knowing it was at home in the mailbox. Torture to say the least :bang:

I just got the chance to take two small hits, I'll have to wait until later tonight to play with it more. It's so small! I only had a small Grav Upright piece clean and at hand, and it's got glass balls for cooling in lieu of water..... it needs a little more resistance for my taste. That'll be the first thing I do tonight. Set up some proper glass and clean a place for permanent setup.

With the heater that close to the load, what's the max temp you guys have been going to? I started at 420F and that seems like a good sweet place to start while I play with other changes. Only one change at a time so I can see it's affects :science:

Sign me up for the presale of the longer zirc bowl, it's set up great for small loads, but I can see it being a lot of fun with .25-.35 maybe!

Hitting it sort of reminds me of my Evo. Clean, open and plenty of power!

Off to see the daughter or I'd be all over that thing right now :love:

Hope others are getting theirs soon too!

jbm

With the heater that close to the load, what's the max temp you guys have been going to? I started at 420F and that seems like a good sweet place to start while I play with other changes.
I’ve settled at 425 on the Vertex with the ash catcher and a reducer. Minimal water. Smallish loads. Good flavor and decent clouds. Mostly one hitters.

add1noob

Just got my zx and bowl and its so light. I didn't realize how much I would like the smaller size and weight. I had some trouble putting the coil on but I ended up just turning it on and it slowly fit with a little force. One thing to note is the edges are still a little sharp and it cut my thumb when trying to twist it on the coil. Nothing serious just like a paper cut I only noticed after using sanitizer. I have an Auber controller and started at 500 but I will probably increase it til I get to one hit bowls. I am using a glass stand from vgoodiez to hold it. What are you guys using as a stand?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
It’s so great hearing impressions from everyone. I’m so psyched at how much everyone likes this gear.

It’s crazy comparing size and weight and performance to other vapes. The Phase 3 - 14mm injector is so light and easy to use while delivering big hits.

Please note DC controllers run hot compared to say Auber meaning the temp will be noticeably less. This is a known phenomenon with DC and likely has to do with a pre-programmed offset. My DC controller reads 80 degree F lower than my Auber for the same hit in terms of heat and performance.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Make a scoop to fit 14mm bowl, would be dope. I hate how oldhead is too big
can’t wait to get my Zirc bowl !

In the stead you could check out the scoop options over at TRWW, his work is nice:

olysh pops

ZX with classic hash, on the Goo Roo HD 3 pieces

As a stand a coffee mug as @Timps27 say + coaster under.
To fix the screen a little against the glass, I inhale to melt a flake of hash, then add the rest of the material.

I'm very happy with the ZX, the steam is powerful, dense and smooth, very good vape with Phase 3 ! :tup:

Last edited:

Axel_420

Has anyone ever counted how many 3 mm balls the ZX contains? After dropping all of them I counted 83, and by eye there may still be about 10 more maybe. I know that they don't have to be completely squeezed together, but that they have to move if you shake the ZX, and this must be full though. Do you detect the same thing in your ZXs?

RedZep

In the stead you could check out the scoop options over at TRWW, his work is nice:

His scoops stick to grinder magnets I think. Unless he has changed that. It's sort of a critical failure of a weed scoop imo. They are beautiful though

Top Bottom