Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead, is there going to be a zirc-only (without the glass chamber) bundle in the future?

In the coil/controller bundles?

I could add a dropdown box that allows you to choose between glass, zirconia, or both.

I've also considered getting rid of the bundle page and just adding all of the electronics options to the a-la-carte page, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

I've been reading this thread for a while. I just want to say to @inverted I hope this works out for you. I can see so much love from people who try the device. You truly deserve success, and from what I gather our beloved vape hobby would be much poorer without your contributions.

I hope I manage to acquire one of your devices in the future.

Thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciate the gratitude going around in here lately! :rockon:
And I'm definitely here when you're ready for a ZX!

Happy vaping everyone, weekend's almost here!

shroomi

I finally jumped in, can't wait to get a ZX overseas! Added that awesome zirc bowl too.
As I understand, the ZX uses a 14mm bowl. I started with a 18mm injector, then switched to 22mm diffusers; the quantity I like vaping the most ilies between 0.05 to 0.1g, just covering the metal screen, so I can clear a bowl in a single hit, getting all the flavors and good extraction.
Since the bowl here is smaller and narrower, I surely expect the ZX to perform even better for my needs!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@shroomi

You are in for the ride of your life then!! The ZX is my only vape I use these days! Just a tiny pinch of herb will do and the flavor and clouds are phenomenal! It cut down my usage a lot without losing the effects!

@Sativapo

Yes the Zirconia bowl is expensive!
It's the most I have ever paid for a bowl and is about 4 times as expensive as regular glass, maybe more.
Those of us that have been around here for a while, try as much as we can to help out the artisan vape manufacturers, so they can keep providing their offerings to the community here and around the world.
These artisan vapes are taking a different route to the traditional manufacturers which is great to see!

The ZX has to be the smallest and lightest ball vape out there at the moment! It so shreds the competition in my opinion!

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I finally jumped in, can't wait to get a ZX overseas! Added that awesome zirc bowl too.
As I understand, the ZX uses a 14mm bowl. I started with a 18mm injector, then switched to 22mm diffusers; the quantity I like vaping the most ilies between 0.05 to 0.1g, just covering the metal screen, so I can clear a bowl in a single hit, getting all the flavors and good extraction.
Since the bowl here is smaller and narrower, I surely expect the ZX to perform even better for my needs!

I’ve been amazed at how stoned I get off smaller quantities. It’s incredible. Love these vapes.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm in bliss with the new bowl. This is the nuts. Perfect one hit extraction with effects that are seriously surprising for the quantity of material.

My handle fitted! Kinda, lol. It's not perfect but it works well enough.

IMG-20230802-184911-02.jpg

The ZX has to be the smallest and lightest ball vape out there
This point cannot be overstated imo. It seems like a really small minor detail, but the light weight makes a difference each and every time you manipulate the head. It's a huge quality of life upgrade that most people have no idea about because (almost?) every other ball vape is heavier, sometimes several times over!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Thanks so much for giving us a chance!!
For your usage style it should be perfect, the ZX works well for larger amounts (especially with the glass bowl, there's room for up to ~.25g) but the zirconia chamber in particular excels at quick one hit snaps.

Black insulating handles for the ZX bowls will be in Saturday, so any orders with zirconia bowls/chambers will ship out as soon as those arrive. At that point everything on the site will be 100% in stock and ready for immediate shipment so that's exciting!

A quick note on the ZX bowl I want to mention as I was telling a customer about this in an email yesterday.
The diameter of the herb chamber in the zirconia bowl is the same as the diameter of the heater inlet and outlet, so with the complete zirconia ZX combo you effectively get the full air coverage of a diffuser, but with the more sturdy seal and minimized conduction of an injector/tapered joint.

@shroomi

You are in for the ride of your life then!! The ZX is my only vape I use these days! Just a tiny pinch of herb will do and the flavor and clouds are phenomenal! It cut down my usage a lot without losing the effects!

@Sativapo

Yes the Zirconia bowl is expensive!
It's the most I have ever paid for a bowl and is about 4 times as expensive as regular glass, maybe more.
Those of us that have been around here for a while, try as much as we can to help out the artisan vape manufacturers, so they can keep providing their offerings to the community here and around the world.
These artisan vapes are taking a different route to the traditional manufacturers which is great to see!

The ZX has to be the smallest and lightest ball vape out there at the moment! It so shreds the competition in my opinion!

Yeah the bowl actually costs more to make than the heater as it's a more complex design since it features both internal and external tapers. I didn't want to scare people away with the price of the bowl as I know people aren't used to it, and like all of my stuff technically it's probably priced lower than it should be, but the chamber is an integral component of the vaporization experience, especially with convection, so it is important to really do it right.

I see others selling titanium bowls for $60+ so hopefully people will see the value in the tailored experience and the glass-like purity from my offerings. Titanium and stainless steel is a considerably more affordable material to machine in comparison, as zirconia is much harder and denser, thus can only be ground with diamond tooling.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the matching ZX bowl, so far it seems like everybody is really digging it which is so awesome to see!

I’ve been amazed at how stoned I get off smaller quantities. It’s incredible. Love these vapes.

Me too, it's pretty wild really - and my first seven versions of these ruby ball vape designs were 18MM so I'm intimately familiar with the bigger setups.

If I had to make a guess, what I believe happens with the larger setups that hold more herb, is you end up just loading more, and ultimately vaping more of the same compounds you already have a tolerance too, which just drives that tolerance up higher, and the net effect is not really getting more stoned.

With the ZX the idea is to get a more complete extraction in less inhalations, and ideally a wider spectrum of active compounds. When you load more herb there's now more resin in the bowl available for evaporation which increases the residence time of the extraction. Once you start factoring in saturation points and fractionation you can see some potential issues in achieving the ideal extraction.

The idea behind fractionation is that every time you do a hit, you're effectively skimming some of the therapeutic molecules off the top end that are lost to condensation. We want to minimize that to get as wide of a "bandwidth" as possible, and so the ZX is largely based around some of my observations and theories developed from being a part of this scene for the last decade.

Will the bowls stay in stock? I don't get paid for a few weeks 😭

I have like 50 zirconia bowls left so you should be good! I can always set one aside for ya, I appreciate you helping spread the good word ever since I did the Z8 last November (crazy it's been almost a year now)

I'm in bliss with the new bowl. This is the nuts. Perfect one hit extraction with effects that are seriously surprising for the quantity of material.

My handle fitted! Kinda, lol. It's not perfect but it works well enough.

Dang I'm surprised you got it so quickly, super stoked to hear that you're enjoying it so far and that it's working as planned to obliterate those one hitters!! :rockon:

The glass sheath and handle is really clever and cool too, I dig it dude!! The fact you made that yourself is even cooler, awesome job my friend and thanks so much for sharing!

This point cannot be overstated imo. It seems like a really small minor detail, but the light weight makes a difference each and every time you manipulate the head. It's a huge quality of life upgrade that most people have no idea about because (almost?) every other ball vape is heavier, sometimes several times over!

As I'm rather minimalist with my gear these days I still don't even have a handle on my coil, so the lightweight and tiny profile makes it easy to maneuver around and not flop around on the end of the coil. PHASE3 products are definitely designed for people and by people who actually vape!! :D

I still want to do a coil handle though, it's on my to-do list along with a different stand.
I should check a quote on my latest stand design and see where that's coming in at, I could run a pre-order for those if you guys like it!

sorry I missread the thing and got confused by similar shape. ( wise guy I didn't open the link) Looks very nice and unbreakable. Maybe a bit of a luxury for me as my cheap glass bowls work fine with the Zx.

The ZX definitely still rips with 14MM glass as well as gives you a great high definition viewing experience!
I'm really delighted to see that everybody seems to be liking the matching zirconia bowl so far too. No matter how you slice it the ZX is gonna crush :rockon:the main benefit of the matching ZX bowl is the durability, some people go through glass easily and so I really wanted to offer something that would retain that same type of pure experience but that could also take some abuse, as for about the price of two glass bowls you can pretty much have a rock solid zirconia option.

Side note, would anybody be interested in a zirconia bowl that's more like the size of my glass bowls?
The current ZX bowl was definitely optimized for an extremely low profile and with an emphasis on fast one hit extraction, but I could possibly make a larger bowl in the same material if there's any interest there.

Thanks everybody for the dialog, loving the vibe in here and really grateful to all of you putting your trust in my work. I hope everyone is gearing up for a nice relaxing Friday and getting ready for a terpene filled weekend!

As always reach out if I can be of any direct assistance and drop me an email for anything really important.

Cheers to you, Z-Tribe!

💚 your friendly neighborhood phase change experts

add1noob

Thanks so much for giving us a chance!!
For your usage style it should be perfect, the ZX works well for larger amounts (especially with the glass bowl, there's room for up to ~.25g) but the zirconia chamber in particular excels at quick one hit snaps.

Black insulating handles for the ZX bowls will be in Saturday, so any orders with zirconia bowls/chambers will ship out as soon as those arrive. At that point everything on the site will be 100% in stock and ready for immediate shipment so that's exciting!

A quick note on the ZX bowl I want to mention as I was telling a customer about this in an email yesterday.
The diameter of the herb chamber in the zirconia bowl is the same as the diameter of the heater inlet and outlet, so with the complete zirconia ZX combo you effectively get the full air coverage of a diffuser, but with the more sturdy seal and minimized conduction of an injector/tapered joint.

Yeah the bowl actually costs more to make than the heater as it's a more complex design since it features both internal and external tapers. I didn't want to scare people away with the price of the bowl as I know people aren't used to it, and like all of my stuff technically it's probably priced lower than it should be, but the chamber is an integral component of the vaporization experience, especially with convection, so it is important to really do it right.

I see others selling titanium bowls for $60+ so hopefully people will see the value in the tailored experience and the glass-like purity from my offerings. Titanium and stainless steel is a considerably more affordable material to machine in comparison, as zirconia is much harder and denser, thus can only be ground with diamond tooling.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the matching ZX bowl, so far it seems like everybody is really digging it which is so awesome to see!

Me too, it's pretty wild really - and my first seven versions of these ruby ball vape designs were 18MM so I'm intimately familiar with the bigger setups.

If I had to make a guess, what I believe happens with the larger setups that hold more herb, is you end up just loading more, and ultimately vaping more of the same compounds you already have a tolerance too, which just drives that tolerance up higher, and the net effect is not really getting more stoned.

With the ZX the idea is to get a more complete extraction in less inhalations, and ideally a wider spectrum of active compounds. When you load more herb there's now more resin in the bowl available for evaporation which increases the residence time of the extraction. Once you start factoring in saturation points and fractionation you can see some potential issues in achieving the ideal extraction.

The idea behind fractionation is that every time you do a hit, you're effectively skimming some of the therapeutic molecules off the top end that are lost to condensation. We want to minimize that to get as wide of a "bandwidth" as possible, and so the ZX is largely based around some of my observations and theories developed from being a part of this scene for the last decade.

I have like 50 zirconia bowls left so you should be good! I can always set one aside for ya, I appreciate you helping spread the good word ever since I did the Z8 last November (crazy it's been almost a year now)

Dang I'm surprised you got it so quickly, super stoked to hear that you're enjoying it so far and that it's working as planned to obliterate those one hitters!! :rockon:

The glass sheath and handle is really clever and cool too, I dig it dude!! The fact you made that yourself is even cooler, awesome job my friend and thanks so much for sharing!

As I'm rather minimalist with my gear these days I still don't even have a handle on my coil, so the lightweight and tiny profile makes it easy to maneuver around and not flop around on the end of the coil. PHASE3 products are definitely designed for people and by people who actually vape!! :D

I still want to do a coil handle though, it's on my to-do list along with a different stand.
I should check a quote on my latest stand design and see where that's coming in at, I could run a pre-order for those if you guys like it!

The ZX definitely still rips with 14MM glass as well as gives you a great high definition viewing experience!
I'm really delighted to see that everybody seems to be liking the matching zirconia bowl so far too. No matter how you slice it the ZX is gonna crush :rockon:the main benefit of the matching ZX bowl is the durability, some people go through glass easily and so I really wanted to offer something that would retain that same type of pure experience but that could also take some abuse, as for about the price of two glass bowls you can pretty much have a rock solid zirconia option.

Side note, would anybody be interested in a zirconia bowl that's more like the size of my glass bowls?
The current ZX bowl was definitely optimized for an extremely low profile and with an emphasis on fast one hit extraction, but I could possibly make a larger bowl in the same material if there's any interest there.

Thanks everybody for the dialog, loving the vibe in here and really grateful to all of you putting your trust in my work. I hope everyone is gearing up for a nice relaxing Friday and getting ready for a terpene filled weekend!

As always reach out if I can be of any direct assistance and drop me an email for anything really important.

Cheers to you, Z-Tribe!

💚 your friendly neighborhood phase change experts
I just put in my order for a ZX and a bowl super excited to see it come in and I would be interested in a plus size bowl. Has anyone here tried different ball material I'm assuming you have probably done all the testing but I would like to try an all Zirconia setup. Also what are the screens made of?

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@add1noob I love that you've just placed an order, it's a fucking rocket ship! I'm sure you'll love it!

Why do you want to try zirconia balls?

I'd advise you to read back in the thread for a few pages... ruby, or sapphire (both are corrundum, the difference is the colour) balls are where it's at!

If you use zirconia balls you may a well just use borosilicate as the thermal properties are very close, and Boro is significantly cheaper. But you might really like it so I'm all for the experimentation, report back with your experiences!

add1noob

@add1noob I love that you've just placed an order, it's a fucking rocket ship! I'm sure you'll love it!

Why do you want to try zirconia balls?

I'd advise you to read back in the thread for a few pages... ruby, or sapphire (both are corrundum, the difference is the colour) balls are where it's at!

If you use zirconia balls you may a well just use borosilicate as the thermal properties are very close, and Boro is significantly cheaper. But you might really like it so I'm all for the experimentation, report back with your experiences!
Ive been watching it for a while I just never went for it but I decided to do my yearly upgrade early after seeing the bowl so here we are.
I just wanna see if there is a difference no other reason haha. ill read back and see what everyone said.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well the o ring handles showed up yesterday but they’re brown-ish, the description said they were black. Still looks pretty good but I was kinda set on the black ones. Should hear back from them tomorrow about it and see what they can do. Might be a couple more days wait to ship any pending ZX bowls if I can get the black handles in, we’ll see what happens, I apologize for any additional delays!

D6659203-8-EA4-4141-8333-BFA4-C3-BF86-BF.jpg

MonkeyTime

Well the o ring handles showed up yesterday but they’re brown-ish, the description said they were black. Still looks pretty good but I was kinda set on the black ones. Should hear back from them tomorrow about it and see what they can do. Might be a couple more days wait to ship any pending ZX bowls if I can get the black handles in, we’ll see what happens, I apologize for any additional delays!

Translation.... A couple more days hitting refresh as the excitement grows! You always do, but keep us informed!

shroomi

Monitoring the situation from overseas in higher and higher anticipation!

add1noob

Is it possible to get mine shipped with these brown ones and maybe a few extra to stick on my pipe. I like the color kinda reminds me of Noctua fans.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Translation.... A couple more days hitting refresh as the excitement grows! You always do, but keep us informed!

Appreciate your patience and cooperation!

Monitoring the situation from overseas in higher and higher anticipation!

Thanks for rocking with us!

Is it possible to get mine shipped with these brown ones and maybe a few extra to stick on my pipe. I like the color kinda reminds me of Noctua fans.

It might be possible, I just need to find out for sure if they can send me black ones or if these need to go back. These might be the best I can get, hopefully I'll find out today!

Well worth the wait enjoying the zirc bowl’s one hit extraction noticed an s&b dosing cap fits perfect maybe a phase3 zirc diffuser is coming maybe maybe

Super stoked you're digging the ZX bowl! Really glad that everyone seems to be enjoying them, always a little nervous when a new product is launched so I'm pleased with this one.

No plans at all right now for a diffuser vape, I've built them before. The fit between the head and bowl tends to be more wobbly and unless there's significant dominating conduction being added it doesn't vaporize any more evenly at all IME. The ZX bowl effectively acts as a cross between a diffuser and an injector as it has a tapered fitting of an injector for a proper seal, but the air path retains a consistent cross-section throughout the vaporization chamber like a diffuser.

I've got a few recent customers coming from budget diffuser ball vapes who expressed to me that they haven't been that happy with the way the diffusers mate together. I get it because unless the tolerance is like a shock absorber piston you get some play.

Sultana lungs

Appreciate your patience and cooperation!

Thanks for rocking with us!

It might be possible, I just need to find out for sure if they can send me black ones or if these need to go back. These might be the best I can get, hopefully I'll find out today!

Super stoked you're digging the ZX bowl! Really glad that everyone seems to be enjoying them, always a little nervous when a new product is launched so I'm pleased with this one.

No plans at all right now for a diffuser vape, I've built them before. The fit between the head and bowl tends to be more wobbly and unless there's significant dominating conduction being added it doesn't vaporize any more evenly at all IME. The ZX bowl effectively acts as a cross between a diffuser and an injector as it has a tapered fitting of an injector for a proper seal, but the air path retains a consistent cross-section throughout the vaporization chamber like a diffuser.

I've got a few recent customers coming from budget diffuser ball vapes who expressed to me that they haven't been that happy with the way the diffusers mate together. I get it because unless the tolerance is like a shock absorber piston you get some play.
Nice explanation especially the zx effectively being a cross.I also agree about the China diffuser and bowl combo being sub par especially when compared to the little beast we know and love.Actually that’s not a fair comparison there not in the same ballpark.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Alright Z tribe, well the black O rings ended up being on backorder for a few days, the brown ones are on their way back and the black ones will be here in a few days, however; I'm leaving this weekend for family vacation and will be gone for a week or so; so I'll get these o ring handles taken care of as soon as I return. Also looking into some other options including a wooden sleeve, however, the only thing with wood is it's not the best for being able to dunk the whole thing in isopropyl.

For this reason all pending orders are going out today to clear the backlog, and I'll have to send the handles for the zirconia bowls out when I get back. Thanks so much everyone for your cooperation and patience, my apologies for the unexpected delay, the color error really threw a wrench in my plans for getting these all wrapped up before I left.

Thanks again all! Other than those rubber handles everything is in stock and available on the site if you've been waiting for a ZX now is definitely a great time to jump on board and experience everything you've heard about ;)

take care all
Ryan

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I’m loving this Bowl Z y’all, honestly love may be an understatement. Every little detail is just perfect, it’s so crispy! I decided to only get one in the initial preorder because it felt selfish to scoop two and thus deprive another Z Tribe member from getting one. But I’d like to have another one even though I don’t really “need” another bowl. However, IIRC @invertedisdead asked if there was any interest in a different ZC bowl and brother, I’m definitely down for another ZC bowl design. Any consumer resolve would melt right away in the face of that temptation! Because, as cool as this lil bowl is, I know you have more tricks up your sleeve and mister, I’ll happily pay to see as many as I can! If it was a small limited run with preorder, I reckon there’s enough crazy fuckers like me to make it profitable. Pretty please?!

Alright everyone, take care of yourselves and remember to take a moment and love yourself. No I don’t mean like that, you depraved bastards.
Let’s be careful out there!

Top Bottom