Phase3 Vaporizers

Oden

Should I do an 18MM ZXL?

I'm super content personally with the 14MM ZX, but some people have been asking for an 18MM since I did the Z8. And I'm sorta on a "give the people what they want" kind of vibe right now so let me know if that's something that interests anyone!

As for bringing the SX back - probably not since it would be nearly identical to that other 14MM stainless ball vape that's out now and those sell for less than it cost me to make the SX for. Of course I could probably make them overseas for less, but the whole point of the SX was to support local manufacturing. Might do a Mako injector in the SX style and form factor instead of bringing the SX back, I think that could be really cool.

Maybe some new dab stuff if I can swing it.

Howdy friend, and thanks so much for the kind comments and your continued support, I’m always stoked to know that people are still enjoying my stuff, it’s a rewarding feeling and definitely my favorite part about even selling stuff.

Gonna try and keep my head up and just keep innovating and making better products; still tons of concepts left to show off so long as I can stay afloat here!

Thanks everyone for rocking with me while we attempt to hold these pieces together long enough for the glue to dry 😂

Happy vaping all
- Your friend Ryan
Should I do an 18MM ZXL?

I'm super content personally with the 14MM ZX, but some people have been asking for an 18MM since I did the Z8. And I'm sorta on a "give the people what they want" kind of vibe right now so let me know if that's something that interests anyone!

As for bringing the SX back - probably not since it would be nearly identical to that other 14MM stainless ball vape that's out now and those sell for less than it cost me to make the SX for. Of course I could probably make them overseas for less, but the whole point of the SX was to support local manufacturing. Might do a Mako injector in the SX style and form factor instead of bringing the SX back, I think that could be really cool.

Howdy friend, and thanks so much for the kind comments and your continued support, I’m always stoked to know that people are still enjoying my stuff, it’s a rewarding feeling and definitely my favorite part about even selling stuff.

Gonna try and keep my head up and just keep innovating and making better products; still tons of concepts left to show off so long as I can stay afloat here!

Thanks everyone for rocking with me while we attempt to hold these pieces together long enough for the glue to dry 😂

Happy vaping all
- Your friend Ryan
Yeah a ZXL sounds good to my ears.
It is obvious that this is what many people prefer.
I would buy one for sure.
I still love my SX so much, it's my daily driver.
I save so much more in my consumption since I use it daily.
for the same effects.
So yeah it's hard to compete on price, the company that recently released a 14mm SS version because they have their vape balls made in China.
But the originality of your company are better made designs and black zircon 😍

onesixty2

Definitely makes me happy knowing I grabbed a non-mass produced OG SX in that case..!

As far as 18mm exclusive accessories go.. that’s me. I don’t have any 14mm glass, and I still use my ZX daily. $5 Adapters off Amazon aren’t hard to come by, or any of the third party various injector bowls compatible. VGoodiEZ v3 injector has a 14mm top and 18mm bottom. I don’t think people are on the fence for only owning 18mm things up to that point.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Think of this from a broader perspective. I'm not saying it's hard to make it work, I was one of the first and I've been looking around and trying things. But lots of people want things easy and simple. It's a potential barrier and offering 18 may be the thing that makes it easier to try, Also, I don't believe there is an 18mm Zirc injector yet. The other one is a shovelhead design. That would be another point of attraction.

Sultana lungs

Should I do an 18MM ZXL?

Happy vaping all
- Your friend Ryan
I stupidly own 5 18mm ballers the zx permanently parked most so imo the 18mm race has been run and won not much innovation left there I’m more interested in your future concepts just my two bobs worth.
I do agree with a previous suggestion to hit up @420vapezone or sneaky Pete for more scope

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
No interest whatsoever in an ZXL version, but that’s just me and my glass collection personally. I’m trying so hard to remain calm but also checking in here a ridiculous amount, hoping to see some shipping news on the zirconia bowls. If you simply observed my behaviour, you’d think that I was freaking out about a make-or-break investment or obsessively checking a bet on some gambling website. No sir, just addicted to the acquisition of quality vape gear.

Recently realised that those of us who have the flagship Z8 will also now have the honour of owning a very limited Michael Jackson edition, as we’ll be rocking the white heater and the black bowl. Not a huge MJ fan honestly (more a Jackson Five dude) but I am Gen X so unfortunately had no difficulty whatsoever recalling this inspiring and incredibly relevant lyrical passage from one of his hits:

Alright, alright (Ooh-ooh-ooh)
Shamone, don't (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Yeah, now, alright
It's black, it's white!
It's tough for you to be that (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
It's black, it's white, hoo!

So we’ve got that going for us, so that’s something. Right guys? What a cool club! :tup:

Sultana lungs

No interest whatsoever in an ZXL version, but that’s just me and my glass collection personally. I’m trying so hard to remain calm but also checking in here a ridiculous amount, hoping to see some shipping news on the zirconia bowls. If you simply observed my behaviour, you’d think that I was freaking out about a make-or-break investment or obsessively checking a bet on some gambling website. No sir, just addicted to the acquisition of quality vape gear.

Recently realised that those of us who have the flagship Z8 will also now have the honour of owning a very limited Michael Jackson edition, as we’ll be rocking the white heater and the black bowl. Not a huge MJ fan honestly (more a Jackson Five dude) but I am Gen X so unfortunately had no difficulty whatsoever recalling this inspiring and incredibly relevant lyrical passage from one of his hits:

Yeah, now, alright
It's black, it's white!

So we’ve got that going for us, so that’s something. Right guys? What a cool club! :tup:
Similar to the people that own the hot rod I’m thinking the film clip would involve ZZ Top but not sure what song

Axel_420

From the time the coil reaches temperature, from cold, I wait 5 minutes to heat soak the rubies, is that enough?
What about between a hit and the second?

How quickly does this vaporizer respond to temperature change when it is already hot? Since the coil has come to temperature, is one minute enough for a few degrees more (e.g. 500°F to 525°F)?

This is the first ball vape for me, I am still testing it. So far I have been amazed by its power, its simplicity in using it, its versatility in being able to use small to large amounts of material and the purity of the vapor.

I used a coil that I stretched and probably even slightly deformed in some parts, despite this the ZX does not spin inside the coil. Do you think switching to a DC coil, with one more coil wrap than the other coils, will significantly improve performance or is it not necessary?

howie105

Three minutes for heat soaks and recovery.

An observation, when using the stock glass bowl, with a 14 mm rimmed screen, O-rings (as shims) one can fashion an adjustable depth (5 mm to 10 mm) bowl. It can make a noticeable difference for the cook, especially for small loads in .030 g range.

Would another turn on the coil make a difference? Probably, but I doubt I would have the sensitivity to tell the difference.

Enjoy your vape.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
From the time the coil reaches temperature, from cold, I wait 5 minutes to heat soak the rubies, is that enough?

How quickly does this vaporizer respond to temperature change when it is already hot? Since the coil has come to temperature, is one minute enough for a few degrees more (e.g. 500°F to 525°F)?

This is the first ball vape for me, I am still testing it. So far I have been amazed by its power, its simplicity in using it, its versatility in being able to use small to large amounts of material and the purity of the vapor.

I used a coil that I stretched and probably even slightly deformed in some parts, despite this the ZX does not spin inside the coil. Do you think switching to a DC coil, with one more coil wrap than the other coils, will significantly improve performance or is it not necessary?

Honestly after two or three minutes the ZX is ready to go for me.

The response to temp changes has a lot to do with the PID. It should kick in as soon as there is a temp drop though the temp will lag meaning at first a sensitive pid will show a temp drop and then recover typically overshooting the preset temp.

Darth Gram Gram

Was pondering log vapes for some reason while admiring my ZX and a thought struck me!
You know how narrow log vape bowls are?
Thinking back to the Supreme glass bowl bays has me wondering...

ZX injector bowl that the ZX slides over?
Wickedest micro doser on the planet I would imagine!

@invertedisdead What say you?? I bet you have tried this before!
This makes me think of the Taroma 360! I like the idea.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Was pondering log vapes for some reason while admiring my ZX and a thought struck me!

I fiddled around with GonGs and stems, etc to try this. The best thing I could get to fit was the new Ed's TNT woodscents tip, although I am sure any DV tip would work. It had mediocre results, especially compared to the phase3 bowl. I do think it would be fun to find glass that has a nice seal. My underdog and DV stems were just barely too wide.

Anyway shout if you find something!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Yeah, now, alright
It's black, it's white!

Also available in SCARFACE / Tony Montana flavor!!

(Say hello to my little vape)

I wouldn’t worry about it, the zirconia holds heat at vaporization temps for over a minute after powering down; the only difference I’d expect with less coil wraps is maybe a slightly higher set temp on the controller.

I don’t find the ZX needs any recovery time between hits, I frequently share my ZX with groups and it always hits the same to me.

From cold it’s usually ready and usable in around 3 minutes, though I don’t turn mine off that often.

@invertedisdead What say you?? I bet you have tried this before!

Well going down to the smaller bowl size was somewhat inspired by the Supreme but also from observing the physics of a joint. The idea is your passing the same amount of hot air through a smaller diameter to increase the contact area and residence time of the extraction.

This is why the ZX and Z8 is so smooth as there is way less “wasted” hot air compared to larger injectors.

I’ve tried and considered smaller setups experimentally and they are really cool for microdosing, but I think the current setup provides a pretty nice balance for really small loads up to some pretty good sized .25g+ packings if desired. I kinda feel like a lot of microdose fans don’t really want to deal with a desktop, but I had a really cool idea for a microdose portable recently!

This makes me think of the Taroma 360! I like the idea.

I made a desktop kinda like that in 2021 that sits on 18mm male joints and uses a basket screen. It was alright, super thick dense vapor but I’m just not a huge conduction fan with flower.

I fiddled around with GonGs and stems, etc to try this. The best thing I could get to fit was the new Ed's TNT woodscents tip, although I am sure any DV tip would work. It had mediocre results, especially compared to the phase3 bowl. I do think it would be fun to find glass that has a nice seal. My underdog and DV stems were just barely too wide.

I came up with a really unique passive conduction setup when I was building InV1.5 which is the best take on a “hybrid” that I’ve ever tried. The only hybrid that really comes close is my Sandcastle Vapor Wand. Basically the problem I see with conduction and desktops is it very quickly becomes the predominant heat source which ends up being a lot of gear for essentially a big Dynavap. Thing about convection is if the majority of the heat transfer isn’t coming from forced air then it’s really not convection dominant at all. And a metal bowl transfers heat about 2000x faster, so we’re talking about a very fine line in most cases.

The 1.5 Hybrid is definitely a super unique hit, although a little more work to use than a classic injector setup.
Honestly after two or three minutes the ZX is ready to go for me.

The response to temp changes has a lot to do with the PID. It should kick in as soon as there is a temp drop though the temp will lag meaning at first a sensitive pid will show a temp drop and then recover typically overshooting the preset temp.

Yeah about 3 minutes is sufficient for me, and it changes temps pretty quickly since the design doesn’t rely on tons and tons of “mass” or losses thru conduction.

Here’s one I did with an older desktop concept and a 14/10 reducer. Haven’t really found anything that fits inside the ZX to try though.

Top Bottom