Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I got all the loose units shipped out today, and all the units with coils are going out first thing tomorrow. Had a few issues with the printer driver that I lost some time to, and it took me a while to find the right groove for installing the coils. Eventually I got the process pretty streamlined, but I’m definitely a bit rusty at packing up orders, so it took me longer than I anticipated.

Main thing to keep in mind if installing the coil yourself is the ceramic is very hard, so the coil can mark it. The ceramic won’t actually scratch, but the metal could, which gives the illusion of the ceramic being scratched. I’ve had the same thing happen with enameled cast iron cookware before, no big deal. To really scratch the ceramic you’d need a diamond. If the coil does leave any marks you can polish them out real quick with a little Bar Keepers Friend, or even just some baking soda + water in a thick paste. A Q-Tip works fine for a “brush.” Once any marks are polished out you can dot those spots with a wet cotton swab dipped in water or isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface of any residual residues.

Coil fitment does seem to vary just slightly, you may have to bring the coil in just a very tiny bit to achieve the ideal fit. I think I can fix this on future batches since the material allows a stronger fit than the glass/quartz versions can handle.

I recommend a “heat shrink” fit which is where you make the coil just a teeny tiny bit tighter than the housing, then heat the coil to a high temp, say 700-800 degrees, and use the coils thermal expansion to enlarge the diameter of the coil. Then in one quick gesture, insert the housing into the coil. You can then power the coil off and allow everything to cool to room temp. The next time you power the device on the housing and coil should both expand together - If done right this creates a very solid fit.

With the bowls, the screens can potentially be a little delicate on the first session due to the low friction of the unground glass; after the first usage and some resin droplets accumulate they become much more secure. Pretty standard stuff, but a decent reminder for anyone newer to glass based designs.

As always don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Stoked to hear what you good folks think!

🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I got my shopping confirmation too 😁

I'm heading stateside in about a week, wonder if I'll recieved it before I leave? Doubtful with customs fees etc to be sorted out. Still can't wait though, I expect I'll have to live vicariously for a little while through everyone else's experiences, so don't be shy with your reviews please 😜

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
First off my best wishes to mom. I’m about a year since treatment for prostate cancer. I hope she is doing well.

Second, wow, wow, so psyched - shipment confirmation email just arrived!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Peace and chill!!!

Thank you so much for the kind spirited wishes, she is doing really well so far!

Really appreciate the continued support from the 1.7 owners,

Thanks a lot friend, I can't wait to hear what you think!

Here's to a very Happy Thanksgiving to you as and the fam as well!
Wish I would have gotten everything out just a little bit sooner for everyone to have a Happy Vapesgiving, I really wanted to get everything done before the surgery but this one took a little bit longer than estimated (doesn't it always?)

I'm heading stateside in about a week, wonder if I'll recieved it before I leave? Doubtful with customs fees etc to be sorted out. Still can't wait though, I expect I'll have to live vicariously for a little while through everyone else's experiences, so don't be shy with your reviews please 😜

Darn it, well I hope there's a nice treat awaiting your return!

On that note, everyone should have received a shipping confirmation email with tracking, if for some reason you haven't, just holler and I'll take a look.

Thanks all!

BakedDiogenes

First off my best wishes to mom. I’m about a year since treatment for prostate cancer. I hope she is doing well.

Second, wow, wow, so psyched - shipment confirmation email just arrived!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Peace and chill!!!

Me three!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Will the Z8 remain in production long term? @invertedisdead

Also, any large bowl function videos?

I apologize for the lack of videos, thats's definitely not like me!
It's just because of family staying here right now that my vape station is mostly torn down, so it's been harder to snap videos. Gave my room to my grandmother while she stays, so I'm posting from an air mattress lol. I'll try and get a few quick crushers in though!

As for long term production, that's hard to say for sure, most of the fun for me is in developing new stuff!

Biggest challenge with the Z8 right now is it took a quarter of a year to complete, which is really quite short as far as small batch vapes go, but still kind of long.
And with the high production cost, I wish I could just order "a bunch" to make up for the wait. Looking into options to reduce the lead time.

Might introduce a new butane vape to soak up some of the downtime and get the name out. Something I could get parts for in a few weeks.

Any way to get one of these now, or at least on a list? Looks really special!

Thanks friend! I'm hoping to open the store up again in December for another round.

Skimmed back through, and I’m not seeing a mention on temp settings…

@invertedisdead, do you have a preferred temp you set your controller at?

Great question!
I'd start at 500-525F and adjust up or down from there by around 25 degree increments. Smaller glass pieces with less drag will allow for lower set temps for the same level of extraction as increased temps with larger rigs. With really small amounts and real quick extraction I might push it to around 600F for a fast snap.

I've got my box set to 525F right now. That said, I do tend to cruise between different temps for different strains. Also I pretty much stopped stirring with this Z8. To me it vapes more evenly than the 1.7, and the throat heat is considerably less IMHO.

Some of the cured Cookies I've got is so ridiculously dense that I've been experimenting with air drying and lower relative humidity. I'd be curious to hear if all other variables are relatively the same, do folks notice more or less clouds at the same temperatures? With drier material, in theory the herb should be exposed to more heat, faster. But I've had a theory developing for a while that a lot of these clouds we see are actually just water vapor from wetter herb.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
To me it vapes more evenly than the 1.7, and the throat heat is considerably less IMHO.
That's impressive! The 1.7 was the most comfortable vape I've ever used, had to imagine it gets better!

Fwiw, I used to run my 1.7 at 530 for a medium roast, I don't like to take it too dark.

Might introduce a new butane vape to soak up some of the downtime and get the name out. Something I could get parts for in a few weeks.

I Want More GIF

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
That's impressive! The 1.7 was the most comfortable vape I've ever used, had to imagine it gets better!

Fwiw, I used to run my 1.7 at 530 for a medium roast, I don't like to take it too dark.

I Want More GIF
Can't wait for Monday shipments to roll in to hear people's impressions.

@invertedisdead if we can spread the word to the Reddit crowd without getting completely pissed, this could be the tetra p80 of desktops. Hard to get, long wait, but high demand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom