Phase3 Vaporizers

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
:lol::lol::lol:

When in doubt, blow torch!

Been working on a really cool new torch vape concept these last two weeks, but it’s just in the design phase right now so who knows if/when it would happen.

Keep thinking about expanding my horizons into other things, but at the same time, I feel just as compelled to just stay in my lane and make this the best damn desktop platform I possibly can.

Cheers to you and thank you for the kind comments!

Airflow is incredibly important to me, every iteration I’ve changed involved improving the airflow in some regard, to allow for easier and more comfortable usage.

The Z8 moves twice as much air through the same sized bead chamber as the 1.7 to help produce denser vapor even faster.

Operating temps should be pretty similar to the 1.7, on one hand, the Z8 housing has twice the mass of the 1.7 to heat (Zirconia is 50% more dense than titanium) but the more durable material should also allow for improved coil contact which results in lower set temperatures. I’ll know better for sure once I can get some steam in the air, just waiting on 1/2” screens and glass bowls so I can make each setup identical.

A little under 100x in the 3MM size.
My vapes don’t use massive bead chambers as my concept is based on true convection. The less heat that is lost to conduction, the more is available for readily heating the air.

Most other ball vapes on the market pretty much universally add significant amounts of conduction, even some of the glass ones.

Thanks so much, I went to visit her yesterday and she’s recovering well so far!
AYYYYY!! Glad all went well.

As far as the Z8, I'm very excited to soon be pulling massive quantities of turbulent air through it!

Oden

:lol::lol::lol:

When in doubt, blow torch!

Been working on a really cool new torch vape concept these last two weeks, but it’s just in the design phase right now so who knows if/when it would happen.

Keep thinking about expanding my horizons into other things, but at the same time, I feel just as compelled to just stay in my lane and make this the best damn desktop platform I possibly can.

Cheers to you and thank you for the kind comments!

Airflow is incredibly important to me, every iteration I’ve changed involved improving the airflow in some regard, to allow for easier and more comfortable usage.

The Z8 moves twice as much air through the same sized bead chamber as the 1.7 to help produce denser vapor even faster.

Operating temps should be pretty similar to the 1.7, on one hand, the Z8 housing has twice the mass of the 1.7 to heat (Zirconia is 50% more dense than titanium) but the more durable material should also allow for improved coil contact which results in lower set temperatures. I’ll know better for sure once I can get some steam in the air, just waiting on 1/2” screens and glass bowls so I can make each setup identical.

A little under 100x in the 3MM size.
My vapes don’t use massive bead chambers as my concept is based on true convection. The less heat that is lost to conduction, the more is available for readily heating the air.

Most other ball vapes on the market pretty much universally add significant amounts of conduction, even some of the glass ones.

Thanks so much, I went to visit her yesterday and she’s recovering well so far!

From what I know personally... what you are describing I have never seen the equivalent on other products on the market.
Such a powerful pure convection vape is a first!
I really like conduction and I also appreciate having a hybrid conduction convection combination thanks to a titanium bowl.
But owning a truly pure convection vaporizer, with devastating power, has always been my dream and that of many people in this forum I suppose.

I finally paused my urge to order Cloud Connoisseur vaporizers, to get your Z8 when possible!
I bought several ballpoint vapes very recently and spent a lot of money lol. You have to make choices in life.
I love them all but I know I can have better and more efficient and also purer thanks to your expertise 👍.

The head of the Z8 will fit what size bowl please?
It will be quite universal or it will be a size exclusively compatible with your glass bowls.
I plan to use the Z8 only with glass bowls, and wood, which I would customize to best fit the Z8.

And finally, will your bowls allow the weed to be close enough to the heated end of the Z8.
I ask this because I have noticed with my other vaporizers, that I have better consistent success when the weed is not too far from the end of the head.
🙏

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
It will use 14,4 mm bowls, which is another difference from other ball vapes. All the others I’m aware of use “injector bowls” 18,8 mm up top for the vape head and a 14mm joint to connect with your glass. The Z8‘s slender and elegant housing uses a 16mm coil so its bowl is a svelte little 14/14 affair. When I first saw the picture of the glass bowl inverted posted, the profile seemed off to my eye until I realised it was simply the fact it wasn’t visually top-heavy like the other injector bowls. These bowls are going to look so sexy with whatever glass, even smaller rigs.

And finally, will your bowls allow the weed to be close enough to the heated end of the Z8.
I ask this because I have noticed with my other vaporizers, that I have better consistent success when the weed is not too far from the end of the head.
I really hope so because I have noticed the same thing with some of my injector bowls, there’s too much distance for my style.

Oden

It will use 14,4 mm bowls, which is another difference from other ball vapes. All the others I’m aware of use “injector bowls” 18,8 mm up top for the vape head and a 14mm joint to connect with your glass. The Z8‘s slender and elegant housing uses a 16mm coil so its bowl is a svelte little 14/14 affair. When I first saw the picture of the glass bowl inverted posted, the profile seemed off to my eye until I realised it was simply the fact it wasn’t visually top-heavy like the other injector bowls. These bowls are going to look so sexy with whatever glass, even smaller rigs.

I really hope so because I have noticed the same thing with some of my injector bowls, there’s too much distance for my style.
Wow thank you for all these explanations.
I understand better now.
I could have custom bowls produced to make the experience with the Z8 even more fun.
Wooden bowls would surely go very well with him 😍.

Yes, this distance between the material and the end of the head is sometimes very annoying.
It forces you to look for other bowls to improve the performance of these vaporizers and spend more money for it.
This is my current experience with my Q vapes.
It works well but it could be even better, with more adapted or custom-made bowls!
Some bowls are huge lol.
I think the only manufacturer I've seen that offers custom bowls is O'Connell with his TKO.
I won't go into details because it's not the right place for that, but from what I've seen through my research, it changes everything.

But I'm sure our vaporizer build artist has thought of everything 💪

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Any chance you could do some sort of stress test on the ceramic?

Not trying to bust your balls dude, but what do you expect/suggest as a stress test and what results would be conclusive and satisfactory? Again mate, not trying to be rude and I’m sorry but your question is super vague and open ended. What sort of stress test? Throw it at the wall? Hit it with a hammer? Drive a car over it? What would be the purpose? If I’m missing the point and I might be, I apologise and don’t want to seem like I’m attacking you but I was so confused reading that and wondering what the process would look like and what answers you’re looking for?

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Not trying to bust your balls dude, but what do you expect/suggest as a stress test and what results would be conclusive and satisfactory? Again mate, not trying to be rude and I’m sorry but your question is super vague and open ended. What sort of stress test? Throw it at the wall? Hit it with a hammer? Drive a car over it? What would be the purpose? If I’m missing the point and I might be, I apologise and don’t want to seem like I’m attacking you but I was so confused reading that and wondering what the process would look like and what answers you’re looking for?
I guess you're right lol. In my stoned head I imagined a drop test for some reason. I just don't wanna go treating this thing like a piece of metal when it isn't a piece of metal. The errectric stand isn't the most stable base in the world so I was hoping to use my coffee mug I've been using for my b-0 and my supreme before that but I don't want it to crack being set in there so if it fails drop tests and whatnot I'd likely buy the qaromashop stand.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
AYYYYY!! Glad all went well.

As far as the Z8, I'm very excited to soon be pulling massive quantities of turbulent air through it!

:rockon::rockon:

From what I know personally... what you are describing I have never seen the equivalent on other products on the market.
Such a powerful pure convection vape is a first!
I really like conduction and I also appreciate having a hybrid conduction convection combination thanks to a titanium bowl.
But owning a truly pure convection vaporizer, with devastating power, has always been my dream and that of many people in this forum I suppose.

I finally paused my urge to order Cloud Connoisseur vaporizers, to get your Z8 when possible!
I bought several ballpoint vapes very recently and spent a lot of money lol. You have to make choices in life.
I love them all but I know I can have better and more efficient and also purer thanks to your expertise 👍.

It will be quite universal or it will be a size exclusively compatible with your glass bowls.
I plan to use the Z8 only with glass bowls, and wood, which I would customize to best fit the Z8.

🙏

Thanks for the kind comments!
I’m definitely not the first to leverage the flavor of pure convection, but I‘m hoping to use the experience earned over the last ten years or so to help make the very best performing devices I can for serious enthusiasts.

I did have a chat with someone recently from Ed’s camp on the possibility of wood bowls.

And yes, I typically run my screens in the top part of the glass joint, to manage the distance from the heat source to the herb . The new bowls just came in though, and they look pretty nice for putting a screen under the joint also.

:brow:

4-B1-A4810-3-B22-42-BD-A8-C3-2-B10-A0-A5-F1-AC.jpg

Apologies for the blurry photo quality, I'll try and get some better photos later in the afternoon if I can, when the natural light is better!

I've designed a custom bowl with some unique features that might see the light some day, but I have to work on the pricing as it's as much as the housing. :lol: For now, the glass compatibility makes a lot of sense.

I guess you're right lol. In my stoned head I imagined a drop test for some reason. I just don't wanna go treating this thing like a piece of metal when it isn't a piece of metal. The errectric stand isn't the most stable base in the world so I was hoping to use my coffee mug I've been using for my b-0 and my supreme before that but I don't want it to crack being set in there so if it fails drop tests and whatnot I'd likely buy the qaromashop stand.

Nothing is completely indestructible, but it is the strongest material in it's class, and was carefully chosen to excel in this scenario.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
:rockon::rockon:

Thanks for the kind comments!
I’m definitely not the first to leverage the flavor of pure convection, but I‘m hoping to use the experience earned over the last ten years or so to help make the very best performing devices I can for serious enthusiasts.

I did have a chat with someone recently from Ed’s camp on the possibility of wood bowls.

And yes, I typically run my screens in the top part of the glass joint, to manage the distance from the heat source to the herb . The new bowls just came in though, and they look pretty nice for putting a screen under the joint also.

:brow:

4-B1-A4810-3-B22-42-BD-A8-C3-2-B10-A0-A5-F1-AC.jpg

Apologies for the blurry photo quality, I'll try and get some better photos later in the afternoon if I can, when the natural light is better!

I've designed a custom bowl with some unique features that might see the light some day, but I have to work on the pricing as it's as much as the housing. :lol: For now, the glass compatibility makes a lot of sense.

Nothing is completely indestructible, but it is the strongest material in it's class, and was carefully chosen to excel in this scenario.
Makes me feel a bit more secure. I was NOT expecting that crown to survive the hammer. That's crazy!!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Was that a function bud I saw on insta 🧐🧐

That’s right! Screens landed and I got one up and running last night! 🐡🐡🐡🐡🐡

9-F13493-D-8-C60-46-D1-8377-475-B578-FAB83.jpg

Even with just a few crumbs it rips

D833-C803-A328-4-EE2-B0-D8-007-C6398-C4-B5.jpg

Initial impressions match pretty much match what I was looking for: crisp flavor that tastes like the herb smells, nice balanced airflow, very fuel efficient. Temperature stability seems very good, one surprising thing is it seems to heat up quite fast too.

Effects seem super strong and pronounced, it seems to lend that cerebral pure convection style of effect. For some reason it seems stronger than my previous vapes even using less material, but maybe that’s just a honeymoon feeling. In theory this design should provide a wider temperature spectrum during inhalation than my previous apparatuses.

It is a heavier piece than my glass units for sure, mostly due to the high density of the zirconia. Doesn’t really seem to be sticking to the bowl, even used my unground glass bowl to try out in the pic/vid above and it still seems good. Feels like less hot air on the throat too, which was sort of the goal/idea here behind some of the design changes.

Unless something comes up, I should be putting these together today and preparing everything for shipping.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Dude you’re up early on the west coast this morning! That’s some excellent reporting of excellent news as well. I’m in hospital rn but should be out by the time my Z8 lands over here. So cool to have something as monumental as this tiny beast to look forward to!

Well I fell asleep early doing vape testing :lol:

Sending some well wishes your way my friend, I hope this little gadget will help provide the appropriate relief you seek!

What leads you to think this?

Well less flow resistance makes it easier hit the sweet spot for turbulent heat transfer, plus paired with the concentrating effects of the smaller bowl. See the thing is, too much material actually inhibits a wider band of extraction by excessively insulating the cannabinoids. Consider that the bulk majority of cannabis by weight is in fact unvaporizable insulative plant material, thus most of the hot air is actually going towards heating that waste biomass rather than hot air extraction.

For me the real question is, why does such a tiny amount of cannabis that doesn't even fully cover the screen still milk a tube so heavily?
That's something I've been investigating for a while, the Supreme sort of got me thinking about this.

coolbreeze

Initial impressions match pretty much match what I was looking for: crisp flavor that tastes like the herb smells, nice balanced airflow, very fuel efficient. Temperature stability seems very good, one surprising thing is it seems to heat up quite fast too.

Effects seem super strong and pronounced, it seems to lend that cerebral pure convection style of effect. For some reason it seems stronger than my previous vapes even using less material, but maybe that’s just a honeymoon feeling. In theory this design should provide a wider temperature spectrum during inhalation than my previous apparatuses.

It is a heavier piece than my glass units for sure, mostly due to the high density of the zirconia. Doesn’t really seem to be sticking to the bowl, even used my unground glass bowl to try out in the pic/vid above and it still seems good. Feels like less hot air on the throat too, which was sort of the goal/idea here behind some of the design changes.
Man, this is exactly what I've been hoping for! This is the refinement that leads the next generation of injectors.

I see more chatter lately about weed-eating ball vapes, and now there's somewhere to point people!

Oden

Finally the first tests 😱🔥🔥🔥🔥.
What I see is a super efficient vaporizer!
Despite the relatively far distance between the weed and the Z8. Steam appears very quickly with a small amount of material at the bottom of the bowl.
I can't even imagine the performance of the Z8 with a bowl that allows a tailor-made approximation!

Will it be possible to install wooden handles?

And for the heating coil, you intend to offer stretched coils like O'Connell.
To allow a better distribution of heat on the Z8?
Or does it really not matter with a material like zirconia?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Howdy gang,

My mom was discharged from the hospital a few days ago so that's been taking up some time, but domestic orders should ship out today and maybe international as well, provided my label printer doesn't do anything strange!

Thanks a lot for your support and patience!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Howdy gang,

My mom was discharged from the hospital a few days ago so that's been taking up some time, but domestic orders should ship out today and maybe international as well, provided my label printer doesn't do anything strange!

Thanks a lot for your support and patience!
Is domestic US or Canada? I'm sorry but I actually forget where you're from.

Top Bottom