Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirDarkened

Dude above me that Disney World t"rip" must've been epic.

So I posted a couple pages back with worries I had a defective unit.

Well after having it for over two weeks I have figured out the issue and am looking for advice.

The unit works 100% fine when it works. If you pull too hard it will shut off until you bang on it really hard (I am not kidding).

It will then require a charge session after and it will then continue to perform back up to par again.

While cleaning if I stick a cleaning utensil inbetween the mouthpiece connection (that really small gap between the temp light and the vapor path) the unit shuts off.

I believe I have a faulty connection between the mouthpiece and the unit (specifically that one spot I mentioned above) and as long as that connection is not blocked or tampered with the unit works 100% fine.

I have only really found the issue to be an issue when using my Pax (The Black Hole) with a big group of people. I have since gotten a nice space case 4 piece grinder so I now try to avoid sharing :p.

Should I send it back and suffer without one for a week or so or should I wait until its toast?

SirDarkened,

GustavoFringsFace

Been using this as a travel case recently. The test tubes make loading the Pax so much easier... a little too easy. No smell either once it's been corked.

2djnfnl.jpg

Shadowdjinni

Last week used my PAX on the corner of State and Madison in Chicago while wife was shopping. Bunch of smokers huddling around, no one even noticed or asked questions. Passers by didn't even look my way. Stealth in plain sight!

Please provide more details because I was smoking one time in Lincoln Park around Clark and Lincoln and people, as they walked by, started staring and making coughing noises. Granted I had been there for 5+ minutes and had used it on medium and high at that point. I can get using it on low and doing it downtown where there are more people... I just assume that you had people who didn't care instead of not noticing.

Been using this as a travel case recently. The test tubes make loading the Pax so much easier... a little too easy. No smell either once it's been corked.

2djnfnl.jpg
This is an awesome case; where did you get it?

The Pax is a no brainer at Disney World. I was vaping constantly. Even more than last year.

Magic Kingdom

Haunted Mansion

Hollywood Studios

Epcot

Animal Kingdom

Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth.

Shadowdjinni,

GustavoFringsFace

It's a Ryot case. I'm from the UK, so I doubt my links would be any good to you. Have a search around though, pretty sure they're all over the place.

It's a good size though, I usually only carry either one test tube and the Pax, or just use it to store both test tubes. Once all three go in there, it gets a little full. Too much glass.

GustavoFringsFace,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Please provide more details because I was smoking one time in Lincoln Park around Clark and Lincoln and people, as they walked by, started staring and making coughing noises. Granted I had been there for 5+ minutes and had used it on medium and high at that point. I can get using it on low and doing it downtown where there are more people... I just assume that you had people who didn't care instead of not noticing.

Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth.
Being around people smoking cigarettes really helps.

Deadshort480,

Shadowdjinni

It's a Ryot case. I'm from the UK, so I doubt my links would be any good to you. Have a search around though, pretty sure they're all over the place.

It's a good size though, I usually only carry either one test tube and the Pax, or just use it to store both test tubes. Once all three go in there, it gets a little full. Too much glass.

I'm not too concerned. Mine just sits in my pocket while I'm out (aka at work) and because my uniform is black attire, it blends right in. At home, no need to store it.

Being around people smoking cigarettes really helps.

That's probably true. That time I was basically sitting off in a corner with a friend.

Shadowdjinni,

vladinator99

Mebbe.... I think that Clark and Lincoln area definitely more hip to the herb, probably less stealth needed in that area anyway. Those guys that coughed at you probably looking for a toke themselves. Downtown people are scurrying around and didn't care that much. Don't even make eye contact so all's well. Just keep eye out for any 5-0. Started on medium for a few, then crank to hiiiiiiiiiiiigh to finish off. Was there for 5-7 minutes tops. Since there was a group of smokers, air was dense with nasty cig smoke to cover any of my pleasant vapes.

mod note: Edited to fix quote. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
vladinator99,

Shadowdjinni

Mebbe.... I think that Clark and Lincoln area definitely more hip to the herb, probably less stealth needed in that area anyway. Those guys that coughed at you probably looking for a toke themselves. Downtown people are scurrying around and didn't care that much. Don't even make eye contact so all's well. Just keep eye out for any 5-0. Started on medium for a few, then crank to hiiiiiiiiiiiigh to finish off. Was there for 5-7 minutes tops. Since there was a group of smokers, air was dense with nasty cig smoke to cover any of my pleasant vapes.
[/quote]

They were essentially making fun of us for doing what we were. I just didn't like the fact that the smell was noticeable for what it was. I'm never worried about Chicago pigs because, as a white male with a 9/10+ girlfriend, they're either eyeing her or ignoring us due to our skin color; racist CPD for the win/loss (depending on perspective).

Shadowdjinni,

jabba

I'm never worried about Chicago pigs because, as a white male with a 9/10+ girlfriend, they're either eyeing her or ignoring us due to our skin color; racist CPD for the win/loss (depending on perspective). [/quote]

For the benefit of science :D....the forum will require risque photographs of your 9/10+ girlfriend :dog:
This is the only method by which we can formulate a reliable hypothesis regarding the stealthiness of the PAX. Your immediate attention is required :nod:

I was in Chicago with my wife/kiddo this summer. My local buddies made me leave my hotel to meet them at downtown bar at 11pm. That walk from my hotel to the bar....man....I must've seen 100 young gorgeous women. It reminded me of college. I love Chicago.

armin

I was in the vape store the other day and checking out the pax. The bowl looks to be just a tad bigger than the trench on the mflb. Is that an accurate assumption? Not the whole mflb area, just the trench or the "v" as it were. I was under the impression is was much bigger, hence people using the screen technique.

armin,

Doug

Just passing time
I would say it's about twice the size of the trench volume. In addition, the vapes need to be packed much differently for an effective and efficient session. With the Pax, you're looking for a very tight pack to get the most out of your herbs. A light pack doesn't really vape too evenly in my experience.

Doug,
Reactions: 2 Paces

armin

I'm not sure if my tolerance is going up or what but the mflb doesn't faze me at all anymore. I'm still a lightweight at about a gram/week for nighttime and weekend sessions. Only hitting the bong gets me going. Would the pax work for me to get me ripped or would it be a paperweight like the mflb?

Also I'm not always looking to get ripped. Sometimes I just take a drag off a jay before doing a social event since I'm antisocial when baked. I'd like to find something to handle both scenarios... Getting ripped after work and playing gta to escape life and also a small hit when out and about. Does this sound like something the pax would be perfect for?

armin,

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
never owned a mflb but just got my pax in a week ago an have been playing with it for a while. From your description it sounds like we have pretty similar tolerances and from my experience with the pax so far I think it will fit your needs. If you want a light buzz pack it half way to a quarter full and using the screen trick, take a couple of light hits on yellow temp setting. Want to blast off in to space? Pack it full and set it to med or high temp and take long rips you will def be gone after that. It all depends on how full you pack it and the temp settings.

J.D.420,

The chemicals

I don't see any full investigation of so called 'party mode' posted in here, which is a shame! It is not just flashing lights! Mostly it is, ok. But come on, has no one else sat there and spaced out enough to start rolling their pax around watching the light? Ha ha...

Hold the damned thing out in front of you horizontally and roll it towards you. I think it is 4 rolls per mode. First mode, "party mode" - flashing lights.

Next up, a slower cycle of colors. More chill party I guess.

Next, a great mode for a device like this - the light stays a dimmer green (so long as it is hot, pink/purple if heating) unless the thing moves, which makes it flash other colors (based on direction of movement I think). As soon as it stops moving-back to dim green. Makes you almost feel like you're losing it. Great fun.

This is the mode I had been using until tonight when I went even further into the pax... Dun dun duuun!! (I guess something made me too distracted to continue through all of the modes before)

Next mode: when you move the thing, the light changes color. It stays whatever color it is on when it stops moving until it moves again. Ok.

And then... The final mode.... SIMON

The pax flashes- say, green, green, red. You move it, the light turns blue... Three red flashes!! You lose. ... Green, green, red. You move it a different way, it turns green! You twist it back, it turns yellow... Three red flashes!! You lose....

Once you figure out the motions for each color (not that easy to maintain even then) you can win and the light flashes white. Then the pattern again with one more added. Fricking SIMON.

I also noticed that while you're in simon mode the heater turns off.. Guess they knew once you started playing it you might get a little lost... Ha.

Anyway, I wanted to share this because it made me like the pax just that much more and I didn't see any full descriptions out there, unless I missed them...

Uca8

I'm ordering a pax and I ordered through ploom not vapeworld or other places like that that are often mentioned in the threads. Is that okay or bad idea?

Uca8,

Uca8

Thanks for the quick reply. Only reason I ask is that they said it would ship within one day and I ordered it on the 7th but no email saying it's shipped yet.

Uca8,

trevpimp

I'm ordering a pax and I ordered through ploom not vapeworld or other places like that that are often mentioned in the threads. Is that okay or bad idea?

Yeah I ordered mine a few weeks ago through there too and it works fine.

They surprise you with two day shipping for free

trevpimp,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Can someone please post me to the page or link where the info is on the second screen on top technique ?

Also the last few times I have used my Pax it don't seem to be producing the same decent Vape clouds it normally does for me.. At first I was like its time for a good cleaning(which usually does the trick) but not this time.. I cant figure out what the issue could be. I always run it on MED.. Maybe I will up it to High temp..

Could my Battery(power) be slowly going bad?

Last edited:
Kuroth1,
Reactions: armin

cawshook

Solod out.
How many sessions can you get out of it on medium temperature and a fully tightly packed bowl? Also do you need to stir?

cawshook,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom