Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
maybe its old news but has any one seen this?

Whats all this about?
Any of the battery pro's here on FC got time to tell us a) we need to worry or b) this is bullshit

Search earlier in this thread. Basically, this guy does not really understand li-ion batteries or their safety. The video is full of misinterpretations or outright misconceptions.

natrat

Has anyone used a regular brass screen? Works great for me and unit easier to draw from and doesn't get as hot.
yea i have been using that under the pax screem for the filtration. I also got rid of the plastic restriction in the mouth piece as i found the hard draw a bit ridiculous

natrat,
Reactions: Ganjaman

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
yea i have been using that under the pax screem for the filtration. I also got rid of the plastic restriction in the mouth piece as i found the hard draw a bit ridiculous

The mouthpiece is not the reason for the restricted draw, it's the screen. I explained this just yesterday. If you think it's the mouthpiece you're fooling yourself. Anyone can test this by simply removing the mouthpiece and pulling through the Pax.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Tweek

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I love the restricted draw. All part of how I get solid hits.

As I say constantly in all the threads where people complain about a restricted draw: if the draw feels restricted then you're pulling too hard. :bang:

I should add that to my sig.

pakalolo,

natrat

The mouthpiece is not the reason for the restricted draw, .

No. If you drill out the end part it immediately pulls easier.Think about it, if you take just the mouthpiece and breathe through it, it becomes clearly less restrictive without the little plastic baffle. Yes i understand as the oven cooks it compacts and slows air flow. I was having problems with particulate getting hung up, and as it turns out it was in the mouth piece. I like the pax, i just like it more the way i have it set up, and i know some people like the feeling of sucking on an empty plastic bag ha ha, just kidding different strokes different folks and all

natrat,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No. If you drill out the end part it immediately pulls easier.Think about it, if you take just the mouthpiece and breathe through it, it becomes clearly less restrictive without the little plastic baffle. Yes i understand as the oven cooks it compacts and slows air flow. I was having problems with particulate getting hung up, and as it turns out it was in the mouth piece. I like the pax, i just like it more the way i have it set up, and i know some people like the feeling of sucking on an empty plastic bag ha ha, just kidding different strokes different folks and all

It is impossible to improve the airflow without changing the screen. This is a simple matter of area. The area of the hole in the mouthpiece is already much larger than the total area of the scalloped gaps in the edge of the screen. Any improvement in drilling out the baffle is in your head, since it clearly can't be in the physics.

pakalolo,

Jtl123

It is impossible to improve the airflow without changing the screen. This is a simple matter of area. The area of the hole in the mouthpiece is already much larger than the total area of the scalloped gaps in the edge of the screen. Any improvement in drilling out the baffle is in your head, since it clearly can't be in the physics.
Since you are a staff member can you help me. I found some water in my pax. Not it won't work and I don't know how the water got there. The light blinks but won't charge.

Jtl123,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since you are a staff member can you help me. I found some water in my pax. Not it won't work and I don't know how the water got there. The light blinks but won't charge.

Your trust in staff is charming but perhaps misplaced. Nevertheless, I do know a little about this topic, having flooded a few cameras in my time.

If you have applied power to it while wet, you probably have damaged the electronics. You can try the bag of rice trick described just a few posts back, but don't be too hopeful. Basically, this involves placing the wet device in a bag of rice and leaving it for at least a couple of days, preferably in a warm dry place such as the top of your fridge. It doesn't have to be rice, any desiccant will do. Electronics are not usually harmed by water itself, it's the application of current while wet that kills them.

Good luck!

pakalolo,
Reactions: Shrike

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Water usually damages the battery more than anything. I'd be surprised if Ploom does not replace it under their warranty.

If you are out of warranty, contact me through PM and we can discuss service options, as I offer battery upgrades for the Pax

CentiZen,

Jtl123

Water usually damages the battery more than anything. I'd be surprised if Ploom does not replace it under their warranty.

If you are out of warranty, contact me through PM and we can discuss service options, as I offer battery upgrades for the Pax
I'm unsure how water could have even gotten in there. Is there water in the device? It next to water bottle but I swear I never spilled on it

Jtl123,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
No, water is not a component of anything used in the electronics or construction of the Pax. Is it possible your pants got wet at some point while you had it in your pocket? Otherwise that is really weird.

CentiZen,

vapirtoo

Maybe your water tool turned into a siphon and some water drained into your pax.
It has happened to me with another vape. :2c:

natrat

The mouthpiece is not the reason for the restricted draw, it's the screen. I explained this just yesterday. If you think it's the mouthpiece you're fooling yourself. Anyone can test this by simply removing the mouthpiece and pulling through the Pax.
dude it's not that complicated you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand this-consider the path of the air flow without the screen, the narrowest part is the baffle in the mouthpiece, remove that restriction and tada less restricted flow. Not that difficult to understnad now , is it? .

natrat,

JoeKickass

consider the path of the air flow without the screen,
You run your Pax without the screen? I always kind of wondered if the trade off in extra airflow was worth the possibility of thinner vapor/less even heating... How are you liking it?

JoeKickass,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
dude it's not that complicated you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand this-consider the path of the air flow without the screen, the narrowest part is the baffle in the mouthpiece, remove that restriction and tada less restricted flow. Not that difficult to understnad now , is it? .

What's wrong with these two statements? I'll underline the hard parts for you.

You would do well to not use such a condescending tone, especially since you don't seem to be able to keep straight whether you have the Pax "screem"
in place or not.

pakalolo,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I drilled out my mouthpiece and did not change the screen, it does increase airflow without a doubt, it just looks terrible.

Mr.Krinkle,

DHosa713

Yeah I got a ploom two. First thing I did after using my first pod was empty it and fill it up with some green. Didn't really work, no vapor production. I think it's because it doesn't get hot enough. bummer.

i also just got my ploom 2 in the mail today and i read this post already so i tried to use kief because kief i think vaporizes at a slightly lower temp than actual herb, i saw the tobacco they put in the ploom pods are grinded up very finely and was crispy as hell after vaporization... but unfortunately that didnt work either! i scraped out the spent kief and it was all sticky, not like the vaped tobacco, so then i thought what if i dry the kief, put it on paper let it air out, but then i read kief doesnt even dry out, idk, ill try it out, other than that, ploom 2 did give me a small nicotine buzz but harsh to inhale, i read on plooms facebook that you should just inhale it into your mouth like a cigar

DHosa713,

BTBAM

Yeah I found it pretty harsh inhaling when I first got it but have gotten better at it, if I can't inhale it kind of defeats the whole purpose for me.

BTBAM,

DHosa713

well.... first thing firsts, i am not taking anything away from ploom because i love this company and i am a pax owner and a ploom model two owner, I support what they are about and i back them completely! no negativity just constructive criticism here in order for understanding and improving! so my first hand review from a loyal ploom product user, my first day having the ploom 2 and into my 3rd pod i notice there is a crack on my mouth piece where there is an air intake hole, now i dont get much of anything :/ i didnt drop it or anything, maybe i push down on the mouthpiece so hard twisting it in, but i didnt jam it, im not THAT strong lol, i used regular pressure, and now there is a crack :/ currently in the process of getting this issue resolved, they are aware and am not really angry to tell you the truth

on a pax note, i noticed everybody talking about the resistance in the draw of the pax, and to me, when its clean and not "clogged" the resistance is not that bad and makes me feel like im getting a good solid hit, and i do! either hit it slow and steady for a good 10 second or puff on it like a cigar and inhale every puff, both work, i find what works best for me is starting it off on mid and within about 5 minutes its starts hitting like i like, give it stir when the vapor starts going down or just turn up the temp to high, it took me since january to get into this groove but i got it on and poppin about a month or 2 ago, soon as i thought i found out how to use it, i found it geting better, my pulls getting better and better and better to the point where am not using it to hurry up and get high but to enjoy it getting high, its awesome, the only thing is i noticed nobody has talked about this or maybe has but i didnt see it, but i found that the little grooves on the side of the screen to let vapor go through gets clogged every lets say 2 to 3 loads, if you have a dirty oven, about 4 to 5 on a clean oven, and i just use a paper clip to pop out the screen, scrape the edges and base of the oven with the paper clip, and scrape the edges of the screen, pop it back in, pop open the mouthpiece and inhale without the lid, and i understand the airflow, and when i feel the airflow is right, then its right because of testing, and i load my oven and im good, there is no need to mod for better airflow, the resistance is there for a reason, just scrape your oven every couple of bowls full, clean every once in a while and use your lube and your fine, idk why people complain so much about it, knowledge is awesome, once you know how to use it and clean it right, theres no reason to complain, its not tedious, its actually pretty easy and quick, but think about it, its a portable, of course itll get dirty quick, its small, its not a bong! lol

Last edited:
DHosa713,

Ganjaman

I took what would be equal to a metal shish kabob stick and pushed with ALL my force and the screen wouldn't come out!!

Edit: It finally came out!! Holy shit i thought i was gonna break it i was pushing on it for like 5 minuites
next time heat it up for a little while. it will loosen the resin and will be much easier to remove....and clean your damn pax! I clean my pax after every sixth load or so. does wonders.

Had my green Pax for 2 weeks now. I love it. Took me about 4 days to really figure out. Make sure that damn screen is in tight and pack your bud. I also use a bent metal screen on top of my herb if I do not want to fill the oven. that way the herb stays compact in the oven and you can still get good vapor hits. I clean it every 6 sessions or so and just make sure I don't get any ISO on the light button and im good. Love the device. With 2 little ones it is a perfect device to have. Probably going to get a solo for my house use though.

Has anyone used a regular brass screen? Works great for me and unit easier to draw from and doesn't get as hot.
I use a brass screen for the top to pack the herb in if I don't want to fill the oven...Im worried that using that brass screen without the pax screen could get material in your pax? not sure. be careful.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ganjaman,

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
... and i just use a paper clip to pop out the screen, scrape the edges and base of the oven with the paper clip, and scrape the edges of the screen...

I used to to do that too but now I got a small wire brush and for me that works better :)

vakedcow,

Ganjaman

is there any other lubricant that can be used for the Pax mouthpiece? Would Astroglide work? Hate those little foil packages Pax sells and found some astroglide

Ganjaman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom