Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganjaman

ok grinded the shake and put on high......nothing....mouthpiece just gets hot. thought I over packed it and took a little out...... still no success. When I use high grade (Jacks Cleaner) I get plenty of vapor.

Ganjaman

I've never tried shake or leaves so sorry if that didnt work..
could it be the screen? I noticed my screen is really loose in the oven. Does it need to be firmly in place?

put the spent herb form the Pax into my Da Vinci.........Vaped fine. not a lot of vapor, but much more than the Pax.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belgianvapor

I was/am struggeling with the screen to get it fixed and tried to put it in reversed, so
with the pattern down and it was fixed in no time, easily.
Can I vape like this or do I need the pattern to face upwards to get good results?

Belgianvapor,

Reflections

The pattern should be face up . Lay down the opposite side of the hole first. I kinda take my pinky finger and push screan in to make sure it snug..u dont want the screen to drop out.

Reflections,

Belgianvapor

I just tried it with the screen upside down and it worked perfectly.
I started out with the screen in the normal way and after about six min on
orange I wanted to stir and I heard the screen pop, so I poored everything out,
flipped the screen, it sat snug right away, filled it with the abv and started again
on orange, got lots and lots of vapor for another few minutes.

Belgianvapor,
Reactions: Ganjaman

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Yeah, the pattern on the screen can be face up or down. No difference in the hits you get. With the pattern side face down you will find that a lot more resin builds up on the underside of the screen. That texture really captures and builds up the resin.

Ganjaman

I just tried it with the screen upside down and it worked perfectly.
I started out with the screen in the normal way and after about six min on
orange I wanted to stir and I heard the screen pop, so I poored everything out,
flipped the screen, it sat snug right away, filled it with the abv and started again
on orange, got lots and lots of vapor for another few minutes.

Nice! Ive been having screen problems and I noticed it sometimes fits more snug upside down.

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
So while on twitter I noticed this guy has just started blowing up tweeting people about a pax knock-off. Has anyone heard or seen one of these units in person.?

First and foremost as a original Pax owner I am happy with the product but pressed to recommend it to friends due to the high price tag. The twitter user by the name of @4healthyworld is advertising sub $100 kits which is certainly cheap enough for stocking stuffers.

Without trying to seem unimpressed, I feel the $250 is very inflated and the knock price more aligned to the real cost. So is it out of question that a Chinese factory would sell the Pax design at more than half the PAX MSRP?

S1N3,

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
So while on twitter I noticed this guy has just started blowing up tweeting people about a pax knock-off. Has anyone heard or seen one of these units in person.?

First and foremost as a original Pax owner I am happy with the product but pressed to recommend it to friends due to the high price tag. The twitter user by the name of @4healthyworld is advertising sub $100 kits which is certainly cheap enough for stocking stuffers.

Without trying to seem unimpressed, I feel the $250 is very inflated and the knock price more aligned to the real cost. So is it out of question that a Chinese factory would sell the Pax design at more than half the PAX MSRP?
Read this thread. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/first-pax-bootleg-s.9016/

NinjaMindTriks,
Reactions: S1N3

Ganjaman

Most of them are not knock offs. they were made by the company who makes them based in China. Not sure if they were defective, quality control issue, testers though. I do think the $250.00 price point is way to much but it didn't stop me from picking one up.....and I love the damn thing.:love:

Ganjaman,
Reactions: S1N3

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety

Excellent information thank you .

Most of them are not knock offs. they were made by the company who makes them based in China. Not sure if they were defective, quality control issue, testers though. I do think the $250.00 price point is way to much but it didn't stop me from picking one up.....and I love the damn thing.:love:

Yeah I have no buyers remorse, but my friends dont have much disposable income. I do reviews as a side hobby and the thought crossed my mind to compare these Chinese based products with the Pax model. Some of the images from the thread Ninja linked are really promising for me and I might jump on one just to demo it and give it to a friend for a gift.

Just to keep manufacturer threads on focus. Any further discussion on the knock-off will be held in the thread Ninja linked to me above. And back to your normally scheduled program...

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hi Guys.. Is there any Info on the Pax Model 2 that just came out? I know its a E Cig pen kind of thing..

Are the Pods Liquid or leaf filled? (I could not really tell by their Web site)

If Not Liquid can the Pods be reused or hacked to use our own Blend? Meaning can we use this thing as a Vape?

Kuroth1,

2 Paces

Are the Pods Liquid or leaf filled? (I could not really tell by their Web site)

If Not Liquid can the Pods be reused or hacked to use our own Blend? Meaning can we use this thing as a Vape?

Not sure if they are liquid or leaf, but Ploom told me that they are proprietary, and cannot be re-used or re-filled. We talked about it a while ago in this thread, but the short version is no, it can't be used for green.

2 Paces,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Not sure if they are liquid or leaf, but Ploom told me that they are proprietary, and cannot be re-used or re-filled. We talked about it a while ago in this thread, but the short version is no, it can't be used for green.

Hummmmmmmmm ANYTHING can be Hacked... :evil:

I like to be told I cant do something.

Kuroth1,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Good luck. Let us know how you fare.

I don't know if it is heat adjustable and may be set at the optimum temperature for their proprietary herbal blends.

Deadshort480,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom