Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewervapesalot

Pax 1 is a nice vape. The mouthpiece is love hate. Love the click. Hate the cleaning. Charging upside down helps a lot. Resin drains away from mouthpiece.

It hits harder than a pax 2 or 3 I think too. I like the bigger chamber.

Mine just went back for warranty though. This has happened numerous times, but they always replace it.

All and all I think the pax 2 is the best of them, but I dig the original too.

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: ataxian

Jethro

I liked my 1st one, but the 3 I have now is way better. Way faster heat up, better battery life, better charger, the mouthpiece doesn't stick, etc. But they have all been great devices.

Jethro,

seki

PSA for you Pax 1 owners out there.

I recently had an issue with a Pax 2 unit that required repairs. During the course of my conversation with the support team at Pax Labs, I remembered I had two older Pax 1 units sitting in a drawer that stopped taking a charge and I asked if I could get these units repaired as well. Given that these had 10 year warranties I figured I could get them fixed an maybe sell them as I haven't used either of them in years.

After providing them with the serial numbers and photos of my Pax 1 units, Pax Labs sent me two brand new retail packaged Pax 2's as replacements as they do not manufacture Pax 1's any longer. They asked me to simply dispose of the Pax 1's at a battery recycling centre.

tl;dr
If you have a busted Pax 1 still under warranty, call Pax Labs and get it traded in for a new Pax 2.

Last edited:

Jethro

I wish I still had my Pax 1. Hopefully the two town cops that took my vape gear when I was in a head on motorcycle crash (sober, not vaped) get this message:cuss:

AlexT2

Hello friends, after 3 years of use, my dear Pax 2 starts to fail, a blue light appears and 10 flashes and then goes out, I think it's a temperature sensor problem, the same thing happened with the Pax 1 that changes for the 2 due to that problem.
I can't use Ploom's 10-year warranty, because I bought it from an unofficial store, so I have it complicated.
Do you know if there is any way to repair it on my own? The Pax 1 was easy to disassemble, but the Pax 2 I don't know where to do it, any tutorial?
Any help would be very well received.

AlexT2,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hello friends, after 3 years of use, my dear Pax 2 starts to fail, a blue light appears and 10 flashes and then goes out, I think it's a temperature sensor problem, the same thing happened with the Pax 1 that changes for the 2 due to that problem.
I can't use Ploom's 10-year warranty, because I bought it from an unofficial store, so I have it complicated.
Do you know if there is any way to repair it on my own? The Pax 1 was easy to disassemble, but the Pax 2 I don't know where to do it, any tutorial?
Any help would be very well received.
I can’t help you, but you should probably take a look/post this in the Pax 2 thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-2.17617/

Jill NYC,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom