Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I ordered amethyst purple! I just went through cancelling my order for the Puffit at Gotvape, and I'm already impressed with how muh more helpful/responsive Vapeworld has been. I feel MUCH more optimistic about this purchase...now I just have to sit on my hands and wait!!!

@Lori - beautiful avatar, by the way!

Oh - and THANK YOU SM for the incredibly in-depth review and awesome videos! Sooooo helpful :)

I almost went with purple when I ordered. I figured black would be less conspicuous. Vapeworld.com has been an excellent distributor. I have been ordering from them allot recently. They have always had really great customer service and communication. :tup:

The wait should be over before too long. If they hold to their August 1st deadline, units should be shipping in a little under 3 weeks.

Lori Mounsey

LoJo2001
I ordered right from Ploom. Recommended by a friend and they ship overnight for free on 8/1. I am new to vaping and hope my choice is a good one. Can't wait to try my first puff :)

Lori Mounsey,

Maxs

n00b. But friendly!
I nearly ordered straight from ploom, but after all the discussion of getting a good grind, I decided I could really use that free grinder Vapeworld was gonna throw in. This is my first vape too, so I'm with you on the "hope I made the right choice" issue. That's why I was SO happy to find this thread.

As for color, the black is almost certainly the most inconspicuous, but I'm not anticipating much public use, so I went all girlie with it. Gotta get something to match my favorite nail polish, right? LOL

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
This is also why heroine addicts will end up killing themselves with a dose that they can normally handle. They end up shooting up in a strange place and it affects them more.
I think the problem with heroin overdosing has more to do with the widely varying potency and not so much the set and setting (which IMO is more important for actual mind-altering substances like hallucinogens, dissociatives, weed, etc.) It's been my experience that set and setting don't affect opiate strength, it has much more to do with ROA's and other factors.

Anyways, onto a more relevant point... any water pipe adapters for this here PAX? It's a must-have for me and others I'm sure.

Quetzalcoatl,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think the problem with heroin overdosing has more to do with the widely varying potency and not so much the set and setting (which IMO is more important for actual mind-altering substances like hallucinogens, dissociatives, weed, etc.) It's been my experience that set and setting don't affect opiate strength, it has much more to do with ROA's and other factors.

Anyways, onto a more relevant point... any water pipe adapters for this here PAX? It's a must-have for me and others I'm sure.

Yea in the wild you are probably right that it has more to do with potency discrepancy. I also kind of meant in terms of the reproducible lab tests. Sorry about the confusion. I went back and read what I wrote and it does sound kind of vague.

There are no water pipe adapters... and I can't figure out a good way to make it work yet. I have tried lots of stuff. Nothing works yet. You need the mouthpiece to be in place, otherwise the unit will not heat up. So I need something that fits where the mouthpiece does. This is a negative in my book as well. I love my water pipes.

I think they could sell several mouthpieces. I would like a water adapter mouth piece, and a longer mouthpiece. I don't care if they would not set flush in the device once they are pushed in the off position. I would still love a longer mouth piece.

I also can't get any more screens or mouthpieces till the 1st of august like everyone else. I want to take a mouthpiece and saw off the steel part that goes into the vapor tube. I want to attach a silicone tube to that and a water pipe adapter. I think that will work well. I just don't have access to it yet, and don't want to destroy my only mouthpiece.

Slightly Medicated,

Lori Mounsey

LoJo2001
I nearly ordered straight from ploom, but after all the discussion of getting a good grind, I decided I could really use that free grinder Vapeworld was gonna throw in. This is my first vape too, so I'm with you on the "hope I made the right choice" issue. That's why I was SO happy to find this thread.

As for color, the black is almost certainly the most inconspicuous, but I'm not anticipating much public use, so I went all girlie with it. Gotta get something to match my favorite nail polish, right? LOL

Lol! I wanted mine to match my car!! I normally have the french mani except for special occasions! I have a great grinder already so it was easy. Can't wait to share my experience! :)

beach bum

SliM, thanks for taking the time to review the Pax! I've been watching this, and it looks like it has the potential to be a really solid vape. While I don't need another vape (except to feed my VAS ;)), this could be an exception to that rule.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
The taste is really good for the first 1/2 of the session. It progressively gets more ABV as you go along. The more you stir the longer you can prolong the taste before it starts to get that ABV quality. The two medium/high temps don't change the taste much... just how quickly it turns to ABV. I prefer the taste of the PAX over the Solo. I have the M107. It has always had that "robot fart" thing most poeple talk about. It has gotten better, but never quite went away.

The airflow is a little more restricted then the PVHES or Eds Stems. I could compare the PVHES or Eds Stems to the DaVinci in terms of airflow. I would say it is in the middle in terms of resistance if you compare the PAX to the Solo Default Stem and the PVHES.

Any more questions feel free to ask. I should have the video review done by this weekend... I hope. If have any more questions, they might make their way into the review.

Send it back to arizer and they will send you a replacement as well as usual some extra stems and such. No wonder you don't like the taste. Properly working solo tastes amazing. Can't wait to try the pax.

hahah is this the i don't like the mflb but still owns one club :) . thinking of selling mine though, since it really doesn't sell any use. i'm hoping the pax will deliver the goods, another few weeks of waiting :(

Evidently. I won't sell mine because IMO it just doesn't work. I know it's uber popular here but in my physical world I know lots of friends who bought them (at least 4) and none of them really ever got the fuss. It simply doesn't medicate me effectively. Never seen anyone use one at cannabis event here in Cali. Even my LHS which are very knowledgable about vapes don't recommend it.

Any vape that is too hard to use is a problem. They keep giving vaporizers a bad name.

All those friends all bought Solos now and they all love them and they figured out how to get great vapor all by themselves

No back to my current hard to learn vapes the TV T1

jhpfunk

Anyone know if there'll be a car charge adapter? I wish there was one for my DV.

jhpfunk,

vape4life

Banned for life
ya like the little inverters you can get anywhere that plug into your cigarette lighter. then you plug in something to that to get power :)

vape4life,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
A car inverter is a device you can use to flip your car upside down so you can work on the underside...

...just fooling. They are actually useful little box's that you plug in to the lighter in your car. Then it gives you an outlet on the other side to plug stuff into. They are called inverters because they take one type of power (battery/DC) and invert it to AC.

Just make sure that if you get one it is a fairly high quality one that is at least 125 watts or it might not be able to provide enough power.

CentiZen,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would not try and charge this in the car, even with a dc/ac adapter. You need to use the stand in order to charge it. If the car is moving allot the contacts will not make a good connection and the device will not charge. I don't recommend trying to charge this device in your car at all.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Ontariovapes

Hi everybody. Thanks for all the fabulous advice and in depth reviews. I've been vamping for a year or so but I see that portables have far exceeded my equipment. I couldn't decide between the Pax and the Puffit so by scientific evaluation methodology I've ordered them both. Now while I'm waiting I must get this years crop started. I will share reviews when I get them. Thanks for all of the great info.

Maxs

n00b. But friendly!
Hi everybody. Thanks for all the fabulous advice and in depth reviews. I've been vamping for a year or so but I see that portables have far exceeded my equipment. I couldn't decide between the Pax and the Puffit so by scientific evaluation methodology I've ordered them both. Now while I'm waiting I must get this years crop started. I will share reviews when I get them. Thanks for all of the great info.
I'm very much looking forward to hearing what you think of both. I ended up canceling my Puffit order, but still thinking I might pick one up once all the backlog is cleared up - it's hard to say no to something so inconspicuous- looking! Can't wait to see someone's side-by-side comparison :)

weedemon

enthusiast
welcome to the site ontariovapes! :) also looking forward to hearing your comparison. be sure to make a new thread all together when you post your comparison :)

weedemon,

Adobewan

Hi All,
Went to pick one up at Vapeworld using the FC provided coupon code(teac?h something)and it didn't work. Can anyone recommend the best current purchasing option?
Thanks in advance.

Adobewan,

FatalityxF

Hi All,
Went to pick one up at Vapeworld using the FC provided coupon code(teac?h something)and it didn't work. Can anyone recommend the best current purchasing option?
Thanks in advance.
From what I've gathered, looks like your best bet is still through VapeWorld, because IIRC they include a free grinder.

FatalityxF,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
If their coupon did not work. You can open the chat help and ask them for the current promotional coupon for FC members. They will give you a working code. They did for me. I just forgot the code :(

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
In desperate need of a portable and this looks like it will fit the bill. As soon as my UD is sold I'll be placing my order. Hopefully there is still a working code for the discount.

tranceporter,

Adobewan

From what I've gathered, looks like your best bet is still through VapeWorld, because IIRC they include a free grinder.
If their coupon did not work. You can open the chat help and ask them for the current promotional coupon for FC members. They will give you a working code. They did for me. I just forgot the code :(
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom