Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Very nice. Boobs you have great setups but you knew that already. I don't know how you all pull that thick silicone to stretch so much. It must be nice to be so strong. Don't they make really thin silicone for us weak people or woman.

actually the material is very soft and if you do it in a bowl of water it makes sliding the tubes in and out easier, its just some tubing material from my HI vape.

i find the draw on most portables to be too milkshaky to be fully enjoyed on a bong. imo

willieR

Been here since 2009
I would think the Cloud would be about the best match for glass, if glass vaping was the primary objective.

I'm afraid to see if Jam has any Cloud + Glass vids. I may not survive.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There's an entry for the pax in vaporpedia, but it's pretty bare bones.

http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax

Do we just contact vtac if we want to add to the entry?

I started that, got distracted, and forgot about it.

Yes, send vtac a PM or email if you want to get a Vaporpedia registration. Feel free to add to the entry. If I untangle myself from the other things that distracted me I'll go back to working on it, but don't let that deter you. I'd prefer to find out that I don't need to do anything.

Smokum- your concerns with being sterilized/clean before Ingesting is a valid point. I myself have a compromised immune system mostly due to the meds the docs have me on however with that said if your basing your concerns on the statements here you are truly selling yourself short. The Pax in my experience is no where as finicky as some are making it out to be. Anyting yhat you would use and expect to be clean/sterile will need to be cleaned right? I went the first 2 weeks with just wiping the mouthpiece off after i repeatedly clicked it up and down a few cycle to clear the stem of resin buildup. Even after this i found a dry qtip used on a warm pax did the trick. Now I'm not trying to dismiss your issues because I dont know the limits of your mobility however what I am tying to do is clear up some possible misconceptions from some misleading info. Yes a Clean Pax is a happy pax but i also found that its not nearly as fussy as some claim it to be.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would think the Cloud would be about the best match for glass, if glass vaping was the primary objective.

I'm afraid to see if Jam has any Cloud + Glass vids. I may not survive.

I would say the Cloud is by far the best plug in vaporizer I have ever had/used/seen yet. I tend to grab for the portables, when I don't want to wait 15+ mins for heat up on a cold Cloud. Also in the day, I find I can easily over do it with the Cloud, so sometimes I will vape from portables (even at home) just to keep my clarity. I have to say these little portables are pumping out some extremely thick/potent/tasty vapor that is comparable to the Cloud thickness, but I am sure some would argue that one is better than the other. I have been purposely rotating between them all, just to get a better feel for each one's differences. Having a bunch at once is great, but adds a new level of taking the time to get to know each device, spending enough time using it to understand how to maximize it's effects, and how they will perform when out and about (for the portables) I am hoping in time to downsize my collection to what I absolutely love the most, it's taking a bit of effort to reach that conclusion.

...yes there are cloud vids in my youtube channel.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
No doubt Latinrascal..... and TY for understanding from where I'm coming from.

I believe the most deterrent factor at this point (again... for me), is the price of a new release item with 'minor' quirks, and written mis-information from a manufacturer (for lack of the proper term since it's made in china) that leads to issues that are being seen. Specifically, I just don't have the funds to toss into something that 'may' give me grief for my needs.

I'm not going to repeatedly beat this to death, because the issue IS mine to decide to deal with as well as spending the funds.... I just wanted to state 'MY' concerns & thoughts following certain statements.

To each their own.... right ?

I have devices that do the job and require minimal maintenance that appease my limitations, and for now I will sit on the sidelines reading usage opinions, tips & tricks, as well as changes that are incorporated by the manufacturer/designer as things progress.

I certainly hope that my view here aren't taken out of context and only read as a personal concern that I feel valid... I'm not looking for a keyboard fight, Life's too short, and rather just continue to enjoy watching people's experience with this/their new toy (pro or con) at THIS time in the release game ;)

smokum,
Reactions: ShipDit

MrNorml

This is why I think we should stop calling everything an "issue"... next thing you know someone will send in their whole Pax for replacement just because it has a dead battery!

Most of the problems come from over-cleaning! Just wipe any resin away from the button. Actuation of the mouthpiece after a sesh makes cleaning almost unnecessary because it dramatically reduces sticking and the temp light. Iso is how you clean glass, not delicate electronics, I use a q-tip when it's hot to clean the entire device.

The end of Q-tip, wiith cotton removed, fits nicely into stem tube etc. So does a pipe cleaner. Neither one of thsoe should cause any issues unless foreign substance like ISO is put on them. Actually I use a small amount of ISO but apply so pipe cleaner is going in an upward direction to jar off the oven lid thingy, figuring gravity will keep ISO out of white plastic switch which should not be placed immediately where they are telling people to put ISO - serious deslgn flaw - put switch on opposite side, duh!).

Smokums you offer many valid points and I for one will not knock you for not agreeing! Please don't take my directness wiyh naming you in my post defensively, an argument or beating a dead horse was not my intentions. It is lot of money to spend of a product so new on the market when it seems like so many problems are being reported about it. I just want to say keep an open mind until you get a chance to try one. I bought mine because for one i absolutely hate smoking, and 2 I hate that everybody I am close to at that particular moment knows i just medicated! I hate that and needed something discrete while out of the house and so far my only complaint is i seem to be going through more meds!

Latinrascal,
Reactions: smokum

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yes please. You'll need to ask VTAC for an account.

I created the Pax and WISPR pages but was really unsure what to put in those sections other than the little bit I did.

So you did! Thanks for your contribution. I also created a Pax page but I realize now I called it "Pax by Ploom" in order to keep it out of sight until it was ready for prime time. "Pax by Ploom" and "Ploom" now redirect to the Pax page you created. I've merged mine and yours and added a bit more material, so you or someone else can build on it. It'd be a great project to scan the thread and look for material (hint, hint). If you have questions about formatting or content, you can ask me. Vaporpedia is a wiki, however, so you can do whatever seems right to you. Anyone who doesn't like it can register and edit it.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So you did! Thanks for your contribution. I also created a Pax page but I realize now I called it "Pax by Ploom" in order to keep it out of sight until it was ready for prime time. "Pax by Ploom" and "Ploom" now redirect to the Pax page you created. I've merged mine and yours and added a bit more material, so you or someone else can build on it. It'd be a great project to scan the thread and look for material (hint, hint). If you have questions about formatting or content, you can ask me. Vaporpedia is a wiki, however, so you can do whatever seems right to you. Anyone who doesn't like it can register and edit it.

Wow, that was a great merge job. You had a lot more information :-). Thanks, now it looks awesome.

I love the Pax, great device. :-)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Wow, that was a great merge job. You had a lot more information :-). Thanks, now it looks awesome.

I love the Pax, great device. :-)

Actually I didn't, that's why my page was still hard to find. Yours actually had more information than mine. The extra stuff was material I just pulled together after I saw your post that you had also created a page.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OK you both did a great job...no smiley for pat on both your backs. :clap:

Dreamerr,

MoneyCheeba

I've had my Pax for over a month and I have had no issues with it so far, no sticking mouth piece, no temp. button problems at all, if you clean it the way your suppose to I don't think there should be an issue, when I use the pipe cleaner fuzzy stick (whatever you want to call it) I dip in ISO and with a tissue wipe off the excess ISO so the pipe cleaner is damp but not saturated, so when you put it in the vapor tube drops of ISO don't drip off the stick and I also never push it all the way through, I allow the tip I inserted in first to reach the end of the vapor tube near the temp. button, just so it peaks through and pull it back down, this allows for no ISO to get left in the vapor tube ditch next to the temp. button, you can clean the mouth piece by dropping it in ISO for a few minutes, this will do no harm, clean the oven with a q-tip and ISO, hell I even used a q-tip with soap but just damp with no excess water and soap on the q-tip, squeeze the tip with your fingers then dab in the oven, pretty simple, I clean after every use so I never see any residue, if you use wax or oil or concentrate then good luck, I honestly don't think the Pax was designed for it, only flowers.

SoCalShore

Yay! I got my Pax and it is so appealing and sexy. I went on a small day trip today and I wasn't home for its arrival. I was so pleased to see a box at my door. I had my boyfriend with me and I don't medicate in front of him so I had to wait until he left. I did put it out and charge it for about an hour before I used it.

I love it, I love it, I love it!! I am never going to use combustion ever again!! I can taste the meds, enjoy inhaling, and know that I am not damaging myself as much as I could be. The intensity of the meds are so different. I love how it feels in my hand and I love the simpleness that it is. I began with the low setting and I packed the over about 1/4 full. I felt some effect of the meds but not as I have in the past. Is this what I have been missing? So, just about 10 minutes ago I put it on medium and I'm feeling pretty amazing. I love the cleanliness feeling you get when inhaling, god....this is fantastic!! Just for tonight, I will put it on High and I will let you know, not like you already do, how I'm doing.

This small vape is amazing and I am so glad I invested in this work of art. Not only is it very pleasing on the eye, it is incredible to use! I am not experienced in the world of vapes but I will admit that now the bar is set pretty high when it comes to me replacing this or looking into a home unit.

I can't wait to see how I feel about my Pax in a month.

So, now I have used it on High and the taste was a little different and at this setting I just noticed the vapor. Great! I couldn't be happier!!

Dammit

So I decided to make my own vape tool out of a wire coat hanger too. Props to joe for the idea.
YoHEr.jpg

I made the stubby one first to try to stuff it under the mouth piece somehow, but it wasn't happening. Since that didn't work, I just made a bigger and longer one so it's easier to hold and use. You can't really see it that well in the pictures, but I also filed the poker end to a flat tip like a screw driver so I can use it as a scrapper too.
jXiNJ.jpg

First one fit in the oven pretty well, but I can do better.
cEF4g.jpg

Like a glove!

Haven't really used them much, but I'll let you know how it goes. The gaps weren't much of a problem with a fresh load, but we'll see how it performs tamping down dry, partially vaped material. Now off to do some R&D!

CuttyBuddy

Hey I'm sorry if I'm off topic but does anyone know if they have an adapter or add in for the reservoir to make the load smaller?

Sorry if this has been discussed.

CuttyBuddy,

druminfected

This is why I think we should stop calling everything an "issue"... next thing you know someone will send in their whole Pax for replacement just because it has a dead battery!

Well it was an issue for me at the time :| JammyJamphan was kind enough to post why it was doing that, but when it happened, I only used the pax twice, so I was surprised it was dead already, and also when I open and closed the mouthpiece a few times it would start warming up again. That's why I thought maybe it wasn't the battery? All is good for now though, and I just hope now that I don't have a bad battery, because I just had to do that with my inhalater :\

Dammit

I'm loving my new tamping tool. It quickly packs my oven loads tight and evenly, with amazing results. I'm getting impressive clouds on low with a well packed half oven load with this thing! The tighter the pack, the bigger the clouds!

druminfected

I'm loving my new tamping tool. It quickly packs my oven loads tight and evenly, with amazing results. I'm getting impressive clouds on low with a well packed half oven load with this thing! The tighter the pack, the bigger the clouds!

great to hear, I like that homemade tool! I will have to pack it tighter and see how it works. Here's my tool from before that was just a tad to big so I filed it down a little and now it's the ULTIMATE PAX TOOL! :D

picktoolfit1.jpg

picktoolfit2.jpg
picktoolfit3.jpg

This Tool was $4.20 if I can recall, and you can get it from an online site if anyone is interested. It's kewl for me to post the link to where I bought this right? Just don't want to break any rules, but I wanted people to know about this great tool, it works great with the Pax, and has a stirring pick as well, plus that 3rd tool to flip your Oven Loaf over! :love:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well it was an issue for me at the time :| JammyJamphan was kind enough to post why it was doing that, but when it happened, I only used the pax twice, so I was surprised it was dead already, and also when I open and closed the mouthpiece a few times it would start warming up again. That's why I thought maybe it wasn't the battery? All is good for now though, and I just hope now that I don't have a bad battery, because I just had to do that with my inhalater :\

The same thing happened to me. I seem to get about an hour to an hour and a half with it. Still really haven't timed it. It has died on me once already.

newVaper420,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I have a new 3400 Mah battery arriving. Will also be doing JoeKA mouthpiece mod.

Packed a 1/2 oven and tried this unit out on low. Keep in mind that I originally bought this vape for huge cloud. On low I get hits galore. Seemingly un-ending. When they fade, I turned up to medium and kept going. Strange but I don't recall getting that medicated on such a small quantity of herbs for so long. This was a real red-eye opener.

So for all of you that get a Pax and immediately set the unit to high, fight your instinct and TRY the Pax on low. You'll be surprised.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have a new 3400 Mah battery arriving. Will also be doing JoeKA mouthpiece mod.

Packed a 1/2 oven and tried this unit out on low. Keep in mind that I originally bought this vape for huge cloud. On low I get hits galore. Seemingly un-ending. When they fade, I turned up to medium and kept going. Strange but I don't recall getting that medicated on such a small quantity of herbs for so long. This was a real red-eye opener.

So for all of you that get a Pax and immediately set the unit to high, fight your instinct and TRY the Pax on low. You'll be surprised.

Esp. if you want your load to last longer. I found this to be true as well.

I don't know if anyone is willing to solder tabs onto batteries, but It would be nice to be able to buy them ready to instal, so all one would have to do is replace the old one, and solder in the wires. I wish there was no soldering involved at all with this one, but we don't seem to be so lucky. PM me if anyone is willing to do battery tabs. I don't need it yet, but I do want the option. I have a feeling it will get quite expensive for Ploom to offer the battery exchange, plus the down time of not having a pax to use, we won't really know until they post it, but my gut is telling me it will be over $50 for some reason. I am blindly guessing here folks, so don't hold that number. I would like to know what they plan to do, but it seems they don't have all that worked out just yet.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: SoCalShore
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom