Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalShore

I just checked on my delivery status and it says it's out for delivery today! Yay! My fingers are crossed.

SoCalShore,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

i guess i will clean my pax today, never knew it was that important to clean it.. how often do you guys clean? once a week? twice?

anyway this device is great, i just need a car charger for it or something since im always on the move and not near an outlet. i get over 25 hits every time i pack the oven really tight.

I bought this off Amazon, works great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JT5QJG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I have also seen them for sale on Ebay.

The only draw back is the cable is a little thicker and doesn't fit in the notch under the Pax charger.

But if that bothers you. I'm pretty sure that any 1.3mm car charger would work.

Maybe you can find one with a smaller diameter cable.

JoeKickass

now i ran into a issue where I turn my pax on and it flashes red twice and then turns off.... Anyone know what this issue would be?... I seem to get it to work when i open and close the mouthpiece a lot it with finally work.
This is why I think we should stop calling everything an "issue"... next thing you know someone will send in their whole Pax for replacement just because it has a dead battery!

Personally, I don't find it even slightly unreasonable to send in a unit for replacement. I've consistently, since arrival, had multiple issues with my Pax. It's a brand-new device, and for the amount that this device costs, I feel that it should function as advertised.

I didn't mean to imply that all replacement was unreasonable, but that you can actually get to the 100% perfectly reliable *as advertised* Pax without going through all the trouble of getting several brand new units just until you perfect your usage and maintenance techniques.

Ploom is a company like any other, certainly not infallible, and they say it's only for tobacco too ;) I'm just saying following directions to a T can get you in trouble if they aren't perfect, and this is a new product so they are going to be "best guess" directions. I think the best thing to do is actually use this forum to perfect and hone our usage and maintenance techniques, and one of the things we've found from the very beginning round of users:

DON'T USE ISO ON THE PAX!

I tried very hard to keep iso from getting around the button, but it locked up regardless. You may not find it necessary to clean the entire unit regularly, but I like having the airway and mouthpiece clean...

Most of the problems come from over-cleaning! Just wipe any resin away from the button. Actuation of the mouthpiece after a sesh makes cleaning almost unnecessary because it dramatically reduces sticking and the temp light. Iso is how you clean glass, not delicate electronics, I use a q-tip when it's hot to clean the entire device.

i guess i will clean my pax today, never knew it was that important to clean it.. how often do you guys clean? once a week? twice?

Cleaning isn't strictly necessary if you do the mouthpiece actuation after a sesh. I'm at 3 weeks of only cleaning out the bowl, the mouthpiece feels stiff and resiny when very cold but is entirely usable, and once it starts warming up it feels smooth and fluid as new. The ring also barely moves when you shake it so I know it's getting nice and gummed up.

Just goes to show ocd cleaning isn't necessary, but we do sometimes get a bit ocd after a big Pax sesh :spliff:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Gee I have a 30 or so year old acrylic bong that I have never cleaned. I wouldn't want to do even that small amount of work every time I use a device but to each there own. It seems like a great unit but not up my alley. Do I have to hire a cleaning service just to clean my vapes lmao. I am just playing we all have different levels or what we are willing to do. Some clean there car weekly some not at all...that would be me. My car is clean inside as far as debris but I hardly ever go to the car wash and if I do it doesn't come out clean anyhow so I don't bother. For those who love to clean there pax I have a few jobs at my house for you. :ko:

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, running a dry q tip in the bowl, and sliding a pipe cleaner through the tube once a day, is hardly work. It takes all of a min. or two tops, and so little effort, I can barely call it cleaning. No need to pull out the gloves and chemicals... :p

**also would like to help clear up the question of is there a new version of pax coming out soon...the answer (according to the post on FB) "We have no current plans for new models". Now, I can't say this is 100% true, but it was the answer given to another person who asked if there were new versions being made. (posted Sept. 16, 2012)

jambandphan03,
Reactions: JoeKickass

JoeKickass

I wouldn't want to do even that small amount of work... Do I have to hire a cleaning service just to clean my vapes lmao.... some not at all...that would be me... For those who love to clean there pax I have a few jobs at my house for you. :ko:

I don't mean to be rude but did you actually read my post? I just spent half an hour trying to explain that you don't need to clean the Pax! I just said I haven't done anything besides empty the bowl and click the mouthpiece for the past 3 weeks and my Pax works perfectly, that's too much work for you?

Sonics420

Cleaning isn't strictly necessary if you do the mouthpiece actuation after a sesh. I'm at 3 weeks of only cleaning out the bowl, the mouthpiece feels stiff and resiny when very cold but is entirely usable, and once it starts warming up it feels smooth and fluid as new. The ring also barely moves when you shake it so I know it's getting nice and gummed up.

Just goes to show ocd cleaning isn't necessary, but we do sometimes get a bit ocd after a big Pax sesh :spliff:
thanks.. i havent cleaned mine since i got it last week and everything feels pretty normal, its probably just reading the forums that has me worried.. i did notice one time when my light changed to temp while my mouth piece was in but that was it. pax is getting a nice cleaning once a week tho

Sonics420,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't mean to be rude but did you actually read my post? I just spent half an hour trying to explain that you don't need to clean the Pax! I just said I haven't done anything besides empty the bowl and click the mouthpiece for the past 3 weeks and my Pax works perfectly, that's too much work for you?

Thanks for all your help Joe!! :D

jambandphan03,
Reactions: willieR

Dreamerr

I did joe and I believe I read that you wipe it out each time which is no work to you. To me it is a pain in the ass.

I do have a question which applies to a lot of vapes I suppose. You or others have said you clean it hot by using a pipe cleaner or q-tip I believe. Doesn't that burn the cotton into your vape? I tried it once on one of my vapes after someone said it and never did it again since smoke was coming up?

I have mobility issues and worked all my life and don't want to lift an extra finger if I don't have to. I take the path of least resistance since my life is hard enough. If you can't understand that I am sorry. I do understand that how you clean or just do your pax JKA is not "work" for most but it is for me.

Dreamerr,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i do the hot cleaning method, the cotton doesn't burn but the oils may make some smoke but its not from cotton burning.

joe is completely right. the pax is so crazy easy to clean when hot. no iso is really needed to clean the unit itself. the mouthpiece i do soak in iso though.

ilovebOObs,

Dreamerr

i do the hot cleaning method, the cotton doesn't burn but the oils may make some smoke but its not from cotton burning.

Thank you cause that is why I never did it again. Can't the cotton burn and can that be an issue? I believe the heat is high enough for that to happen isn't it?

Dreamerr,

ilovebOObs

normally i heat mine for a min or so to warm things up then set back on charger to turn off then i start cleaning. there is no way for the cotton to catch fire if thats what your worried about.

ilovebOObs,

Dreamerr

No I was worried about cotton pieces or pipe cleaner pieces being left inside the chamber of any vape and how that will get into my body and such. I am not worried about chemicals like some but cotton is highly processed with chemicals I believe and can't be good in my lungs.

Dreamerr,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Pax isn't for everyone. If a swab or Q-tip is too much, maybe stick with rolling papers.

willieR,

Dreamerr

Willie I was talking about any vape not the pax with the cotton.

Dreamerr,

ilovebOObs

No I was worried about cotton pieces or pipe cleaner pieces being left inside the chamber of any vape and how that will get into my body and such. I am not worried about chemicals like some but cotton is highly processed with chemicals I believe and can't be good in my lungs.

well thats the purpose of warming the unit up first. its soften up all the oils and stuff, so wiping it away is a breeze. plus you can easily look straight through the airway to see if you missed anything. but normally 1 pass with the pipe cleaner is enough, also i don't like to do the back and forth action. just straight in then all the way out. if that makes sense. haha

willieR

Been here since 2009
After all the reading about cleaning I was prepared for much more cleaning than I've had to do. I rarely even see any resin on the pipe cleaner. I'm with the others, this Pax is too easy to clean to describe it as a burden at all. I grow tired of it.

willieR,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Then perhaps you should just ignore those post eh ?

For myself... cleaning IS an issue (with anything) ! Perhaps recreational users are fine with ignoring stringent attempts at maintaining a 'clean' device, but those using medically are in need to paying attention to detail with regards to what is being inhaled and/or placed in their mouth due to compromised body systems or general health.

As far as I'm concerned, anything being inhaled or going near/in my mouth (lips), needs to at least be sanitized regularly to avoid issues (possible OR definite) at this point in my life/wellness.

It's unfortunate that at this time the manufacturer can't offer a proper and workable cleaning process that doesn't cause issue with their own device.

I certainly would love to love the PAX because it appears to be a great device, however, my health (physical, physical limitation, and mental difficulties due to brain injury) must be considered in my purchases.

Hopefully in time the issues that ARE being experienced do get worked out to appease 'anyone' wishing to use such a portable & sexy looking device can do so without the possibility of issues.

ilovebOObs

here is the pic of my adapter:
p9206440.jpg

p9206441.jpg

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
very nice bOObs! I'm still all wrapped up in the electrode boot, I just like having the adapter on the water pipe, makes it easy to take off pax when I'm finished a hit

I feel like this should've been included with the PAX. So simple, yet so useful!

We need to compile a PAX FAQ/Tips/Common Issues list that we can just refer people to. I read through the whole thread, but I'm sure many people just aren't willing to do that.

There's an entry for the pax in vaporpedia, but it's pretty bare bones.

http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax

Do we just contact vtac if we want to add to the entry?

UpUpandAway,

ilovebOObs

honestly i only hit the pax with water for vids just to show off the pax power. i almost never use it with water at home.

ilovebOObs,

Dreamerr

here is the pic of my adapter:
p9206440.jpg

p9206441.jpg
Very nice. Boobs you have great setups but you knew that already. I don't know how you all pull that thick silicone to stretch so much. It must be nice to be so strong. Don't they make really thin silicone for us weak people or woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom