Gear Parchment paper brands and qualities for rosin pressing

damm

It's the little things that add up when it comes to pressing Rosin.

I mean:

1. Parchment Paper
2. Rosin Bags
3. Dab Tools to scrape or clean jars
4. Pre-Press Mold

So when I re-order supplies, it can be a bit of a sticker shock, and I have to remind/repeat to myself how much I will produce with this.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
@damm I agree.
I have to use your reminder often, as alot of things just cost x-times more when you can attach a "dab" word to it.
But
I just did a little press of some unripe flower that yields very liquid rosin with some of that expensive "dab" parchment paper. I used the same procedure as every year :lol:.
Unluckily I could not weight it, but I am pretty confident I got a little better yield than with my ordinary supermarket baking paper.

Edit: But

Last edited:
Thick Vape,

MegaMan2k

@damm

I know the feeling, but as you mention, gotta realize how much product you are able to produce with those supplies!
Trying to stick with 10gram press minimum for herb, so 20 pieces of parchement should give me 40grams of rosin if at 20%, i can accept that :D

And speaking of Pre-press molds, i got pretty pissed at the marked up prices too :p
Built this guy yesterday for 10gram flat-press :D

damm

@damm

I know the feeling, but as you mention, gotta realize how much product you are able to produce with those supplies!
Trying to stick with 10gram press minimum for herb, so 20 pieces of parchement should give me 40grams of rosin if at 20%, i can accept that :D

And speaking of Pre-press molds, i got pretty pissed at the marked up prices too :p
Built this guy yesterday for 10gram flat-press :D
I have an American Made Aluminum Pre-Press Mold I purchased from Lowtemp Plates. It can get an oz into a 3x5 bag with a 25% yield that isn't anything to complain about.

Have an old 12Ton Harbor Freight press I use to compress the mold to avoid blowouts

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
My only problem with BLP is the sizes they sell directly don't work for me. Thankfully Rosin Evolution carries BLP in smaller sizes.

Love it: They have "my" size, and ship for a couple cents less than dabbing...

Still accounts for almost 1$ a press, for the smallest packages... I'd better not use it for baking cookies. :lol:

It arrived much faster from Rosin Evolution than I anticipated. It only took 8 or 9 days (it was 7 days to be correct!) over the pond, with the slowest shipping option.

Edit: added correct time

Last edited:
Thick Vape,

MegaMan2k

It arrived much faster from Rosin Evolution than I anticipated. It only took 8 or 9 days (it was 7 days to be correct!) over the pond, with the slowest shipping option.

Edit: added correct time
Omg thats awsome! makes me wanna give it a shot now

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I tried the thickest 55lb 6x6 prefold Black Label Paper. It doubles size when folded open.
This parchment paper is thicker and denser than any other I tried. Near no seeping in the paper, nor through the paper at all, at my max pressure! No need to double layer.

The graveda one is maybe a little easier at the collection. It feels a bit slicker. But I would need more tries to decide on that. But it sucks up rosin compared to the BLP.

I definitely have a winner (not taking in consideration the prize and having not tried the oilslick brand).
I wonder if the lighter versions 27lb and 35lb would be as impermeable as the 55lb version in my situation.

Edit: Just found a slightest tinge the morning after where the puck was. So just "Near" no seeping...

Last edited:

damm

I originally started pressing on my old 3x5 cage kit using Kirkland, and it worked out. Then I bought some BLP parchment paper and never looked back. It is just so easy to use a dab tool to collect.

The bonus is that my product doesn't seep into the Parchment paper. Had that problem with a few strains.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Been using this paper for a while. V good. UK based so since Brexit postage costs have increased if you are EU based.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Been using this paper for a while. V good. UK based so since Brexit postage costs have increased if you are EU based.
Looks interesting. That shop is a good find! Thanks. They also have the SAI/Sequoia, etc.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Looks interesting. That shop is a good find! Thanks. They also have the SAI/Sequoia, etc.
I've been a fan of Matt and his wares for some time now. He is very helpful.

I have the sequoia, bought from matt.
I can recommend. Recently received the sic to replace the titanium or quartz buckets which I'm enjoying. With the bubbler it's very smooth.

I also have the AVS M22 which when it works is fantastic. When it works though....

Top Bottom