Other flame-based devices besides Vapman

coolbreeze

The Vapor Genie Glass Sherlock is awesome. I got one a few weeks ago and I can't recommend it enough. It works by pulling torch-heated air through the herbs like a Brick, using a Lotus-like technique of swirling the torch above the heater but further away. It is easy to master and produces tasty vapor in ridiculous clouds or small sips, whichever you're after. The pipe is large wirh thick glass and it cools like a dry bong. It stands solidly like no other jhook. The heater itself fits in any 18mm female adapter, so you can use it in an Elev8r bowl on your waterpiece for fantastic results.

An Oldie but definitely a Goodie!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
The Vapor Genie Glass Sherlock is awesome. I got one a few weeks ago and I can't recommend it enough. It works by pulling torch-heated air through the herbs like a Brick, using a Lotus-like technique of swirling the torch above the heater but further away. It is easy to master and produces tasty vapor in ridiculous clouds or small sips, whichever you're after. The pipe is large wirh thick glass and it cools like a dry bong. It stands solidly like no other jhook. The heater itself fits in any 18mm female adapter, so you can use it in an Elev8r bowl on your waterpiece for fantastic results.

I've been telling myself for years that I was going to add a Vapor Genie to my collection...if anything, simply because it's such an iconic part of the history of vaporizers becoming a popular thing. Hopefully I don't wait too long, like I did with the Lotus :doh:

coolbreeze

I've been telling myself for years that I was going to add a Vapor Genie to my collection...if anything, simply because it's such an iconic part of the history of vaporizers becoming a popular thing. Hopefully I don't wait too long, like I did with the Lotus :doh:
The glass Sherlock is such a nice vape, and I use that heater all over the place for quick, easy bowls. It's a useful tool and a good value.

I learned about the Lotus ending a few weeks too late and it sent me on a wild, world-wide treasure hunt that ended up successful, albeit stressful and expensive. Had to do it in that case. Hopefully these will be around for another...forever. But the sooner you cave, the sooner you get to enjoy your Vapor Genie!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
One of the best performing and cheapest vaporizer out there has always been the Vapo-bowl.. I have quit inhaling jet streams years ago,due to health concerns. But this vaporizer outperforms the Vapor Genie in term of vapor production by a lot.
The metal version is literally indesctructable and the probably the lowest priced vape out there only at 6 euro. You can use the cap with most of the regular water pipe bowls,but there is also a pretty neat glass version too. You could also buy just the top cap for 2.50
If anyone is into Sticky Bricks style vapes ,i highly recommend this one :).If you use a decent sized torch and you inhale fast ,vapor forms instantly.
06556_1_vapo_bowl_metal.webp
vapo-bowl-glas-18-8mm-vaporizer-5C3D0565-C8B2-406B-BC17-CBDB4D24ABF2_14357-0_3972.webp

coolbreeze

One of the best performing and cheapest vaporizer out there has always been the Vapo-bowl.. I have quit inhaling jet streams years ago,due to health concerns. But this vaporizer outperforms the Vapor Genie in term of vapor production by a lot.
The metal version is literally indesctructable and the probably the lowest priced vape out there only at 6 euro. You can use the cap with most of the regular water pipe bowls,but there is also a pretty neat glass version too. You could also buy just the top cap for 2.50
If anyone is into Sticky Bricks style vapes ,i highly recommend this one :).If you use a decent sized torch and you inhale fast ,vapor forms instantly.
06556_1_vapo_bowl_metal.webp
vapo-bowl-glas-18-8mm-vaporizer-5C3D0565-C8B2-406B-BC17-CBDB4D24ABF2_14357-0_3972.webp
Well, you talked me right into that--1 18mm glass and 1 all-metal ordered! Now, if I could find a Vaporstar...

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++

Looks like heating it more like a DV instead of all the heat directed towards the end, reduces the chance of combustion considerably. Being able to instantly view the progress of the roast as the video shows would be a good way to gauge progress, much like a Vaponic. My vape budget is stretched with the Anvil on deck, but on the to buy list.

endof3d,

coolbreeze

Looks like heating it more like a DV instead of all the heat directed towards the end, reduces the chance of combustion considerably. Being able to instantly view the progress of the roast as the video shows would be a good way to gauge progress, much like a Vaponic. My vape budget is stretched with the Anvil on deck, but on the to buy list.
Just watched a SP vid where he essentially pans it (very politely, of course) as just not working like it's intended, but he does allow that if you just ignore the indication system altogether, it apparently makes a fine vaponic/roasty. Well, except that you can't see your roasting progress as you could with either of those, so you kind of have to guess. Upshot is it's probably pretty useable if you get to know it well enough to have its timing down. Another guy (Chuck from Cleveland) differentiated it from dynavaps by considering it a one-hitter, more or less. He really likes it.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: endof3d

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Just watched a SP vid where he essentially pans it (very politely, of course) as just not working like it's intended, but he does allow that if you just ignore the indication system altogether, it apparently makes a fine vaponic/roasty. Well, except that you can't see your roasting progress as you could with either of those, so you kind of have to guess. Upshot is it's probably pretty useable if you get to know it well enough to have its timing down. Another guy differentiated it from dynavaps by considering it a one-hitter, more or less.

If you watch the video it shows with just a flick of a thumb that you can open and close the oven quickly, being able to visually see the progress of the roast. A simple visual cue much like the Vaponic.

endof3d,

coolbreeze

If you watch the video it shows with just a flick of a thumb that you can open and close the oven quickly, being able to visually see the progress of the roast. A simple visual cue much like the Vaponic.
Right you are. Guess that's how I'd probably have to do it, until I had a feel for it. I wonder if it would fit in a slimstash? Then you could stash it warm. (Chuck shows his stashed in in a doobtoob. so maybe it would fit.)

EDIT: It looks like there were some Hippie Pipes custom made, maybe? I've noticed some of the blackwood ones I see in vids have line designs inscribed. Pretty sweet.

Back to the Vapor Genies for a second: Dreamwood makes a pipelike vape, too, the DLX Vapopipe. I have not tried one, but everything they make is so nice I bet it's a fun vape to play with. I use a DLX One on a Lamart Nub for a small but surprisingly cool vape pipe.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Well, you talked me right into that--1 18mm glass and 1 all-metal ordered! Now, if I could find a Vaporstar...
Make sure you got a set ot tweezers in order to remove the cap while hot .
Do you by anychance own a Wand IH ? I think it might work with the all metal version, od of vapobowl is not that large :).
Gonna PM you a possible source of the Vapostar from CZ, i dont know if they ship internationally though :).
Edited: Found also one is Spain for 25 euro.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
  • Love
Reactions: coolbreeze

TeaCup

Bookmarked! :tup:

coolbreeze

Make sure you got a set ot tweezers in order to remove the cap while hot .
Do you by anychance own a Wand IH ? I think it might work with the all metal version, od of vapobowl is not that large :).
Gonna PM you a possible source of the Vapostar from CZ, i dont know if they ship internationally though :).
Edited: Found also one is Spain for 25 euro.
Thanks for the tips. Tweezers at the ready! I do have a Wand and I will try it. Appreciate the links--thanks so much!

coolbreeze,

coolbreeze

Vapo Bowl
One of the best performing and cheapest vaporizer out there has always been the Vapo-bowl..
Just took it for the inaugural run and, yep, very nice! Went with an elev8r bowl with screen just below the lettering for the 14mm fit and it takes a second for it to get going but get going it did and I got clouds and a nice even roast all the way to full extraction. Genuinely a pleasure to use.

Only problem so far is the cap is top-heavy so it might want to roll right off your bowl if you're using an angled downstem.

I didn't notice flavor one way or the other, tbh, so I'll have to do more science.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: sunyata

RedZep

I've been very happy with my Anvil. Only butane vape I have really fell in love with. Owned Dynavap and Sticky Bricks in the past.

RedZep,
Reactions: bossman

Abysmal Vapor

Vapo Bowl

Just took it for the inaugural run and, yep, very nice! Went with an elev8r bowl with screen just below the lettering for the 14mm fit and it takes a second for it to get going but get going it did and I got clouds and a nice even roast all the way to full extraction. Genuinely a pleasure to use.

Only problem so far is the cap is top-heavy so it might want to roll right off your bowl if you're using an angled downstem.

I didn't notice flavor one way or the other, tbh, so I'll have to do more science.
Use a big flame,but keep the visible part away from the air intake . Inhale fast ! Stop heating 1-2 seconds after vapor formation is formed,as there is some intertia.

Abysmal Vapor,

coolbreeze

Use a big flame,but keep the visible part away from the air intake . Inhale fast ! Stop heating 1-2 seconds after vapor formation is formed,as there is some intertia.
I will try this.

I am ancient enough to have old pipes and bongs with the threaded bowls, so I got the original metal VB on the way, too. Bought a second for an old friend likewise equipped. It's always fun to discover a way to put a piece of the old gear back into circulation, and this makes nearly everything old potentially viable. If you have old gear or if your dad/uncle/grandma have old gear, this is probably the easiest and certainly the cheapest way to salvage it for use. This must have been the transitional device of its day.

Abysmal Vapor

I will try this.

I am ancient enough to have old pipes and bongs with the threaded bowls, so I got the original metal VB on the way, too. Bought a second for an old friend likewise equipped. It's always fun to discover a way to put a piece of the old gear back into circulation, and this makes nearly everything old potentially viable. If you have old gear or if your dad/uncle/grandma have old gear, this is probably the easiest and certainly the cheapest way to salvage it for use. This must have been the transitional device of its day.
I remember back in the days they were sold in combo with bamboo steam roller,lol.You can still probably buy one separately,if google around.
As mentioned the cap alone makes good use of all those unused combustion glass bowls you collect overtime from waterpipes .
If you have trouble aiming the invisible part of the flame, you can try in a dark room so the muscle memory can learn the angles.
Have fun !

6f07596c76938056ec7aab84ced7fdca.jpg

GoldenBud

I remember back in the days they were sold in combo with bamboo steam roller,lol.You can still probably buy one separately,if google around.
As mentioned the cap alone makes good use of all those unused combustion glass bowls you collect overtime from waterpipes .
If you have trouble aiming the invisible part of the flame, you can try in a dark room so the muscle memory can learn the angles.
Have fun !

6f07596c76938056ec7aab84ced7fdca.jpg
had this kind of Pipe back in 2012, it was so harsh to smoke with it for the throat but the high was great :) it needs a lot of weed for getting the right effects lol :)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I am ancient enough to have old pipes and bongs with the threaded bowls

Yeah, I'm not that old and even I remember having plenty of the metal pipes that I always had in my back-pocket that looked like they were made out of sink parts.

I remember liking the ones that had the egg-shape in the middle of the stem that screws open, and you put a nug in there that gets soaked in reclaim till you can barely pull through the pipe, then we would unscrew the egg and break that nug up and put it in the bowl.

Good ol' lung-tar memories 😁
MP17_8bbea37e-7c57-4ff1-a4c2-16dc4c3122b6_2048x.jpg

Top Bottom