• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Orion Induction Heater

swieder711

Got an email from Dynavap on a joint product from them and Lucid.

The Orion is a pocket-sized, battery-powered Induction Heater with a lightening fast heat up time.
  • 1000 mAh battery
  • 50 clicks per charge (estimated)
  • 11cm x 6cm x 3.5cm
  • 150g
  • USB-C power port (required 5V/2A charger, not included)
  • Power button to turn device on/off
  • Automatic detection that turns on coil (3 clicks)
  • 5-7 seconds to click
  • 10 sec. safety shutoff
  • LED that shows charging/battery full/battery low
  • USB-C cable and carrying case included
  • $200 USD
**Shipping starts 09/24/2020**

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

Do you use a special USB-C charging thingy?
I do not own USB C devices, yet.
Can I use a normal iPhone wall charge thing?

Mr.Sifter,

swieder711

Description should say
  • Power button to turn device on/off (3 clicks)
  • Automatic detection that turns on coil
PS: Why cant I edit my original post?

swieder711,

Skinku

Over half an hour in and at last the answer, it’s 50 clicks.
Really enjoyable watch, articulate and the right level of geek.
*edit*
Now it’s gone, 5 mInutes left and all...
It ended prematurely with George exclaiming that he loves magnets.
I couldn’t agree more.

Last edited:

almost there

Had trouble adding the Orion to the cart for hours this morning but I'm glad they fixed the site. I've noticed none of the affiliate codes for shipping I've used in the past is working, anyone know if they discontinued the free shipping? The code I used just a month ago to order the phantom tips says "expired" and others I've used before says "not found". I'm a month or so away from the flux deluxe wait list and I'm eager to get something now to.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
This is a nice evolution of the IH concept, at least it's different from the others portable IH already on the market. This is not for me because I don't think 50 clicks is enough for the whole evening when I go out and I don't want to spend my time wondering if the battery will die on me. But I'm sure this will be enough for the majority of the users, I just don't want to get to the end of the night when I need my vape to go to sleep and be out of power. If I get this I will still need to bring a butane lighter with me. When they release a new version with removable batteries it will be a must buy. I'm not in a hurry to buy one because I don't go out anymore so for once I'll keep my VAS in check and see what the guys who bought it are thinking of their purchase.

The Chemist,

The Chemist

All you need is a powerbank.
I know but in the end it's a lot of stuff to carry around, at best I can still use an outlet to recharge the Orion. The problem is I know I won't remember to recharge the Orion during the evening and I will be left with an empty battery. If the Orion doesn't allow the IH to be used while charging this will be a problem for me. I need to watch the video to get more info on that. I like the look of the device and the ideas they used on the Orion, I just know the battery life will not be enough for me and also the charge will drop over time so 50 clicks for now but how many in 6 months?

@Mr.Sifter I think it should be clicks because everybody use the Vapcap differently, the number of times you reheat the Vapcap might not be the same as me before you are done.

The Chemist,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I just know the battery life will not be enough for me and also the charge will drop over time so 50 clicks for now but how many in 6 months?

That's one interesting open question by the way: what cell are they using and can they be replaced? Anyway, remember it's usb-c, I think Sneaky Pete said it's charged from empty to full in 90 minutes, so recharging even for a few minutes will easily put you back in business. And there are some very small powerbanks out there which still are capable to charge the Orion for a few times. Just saying; I do get your point that a powerbank is yet another item to keep in mind. But the Orions form factor on the other hand is a huge plus.

I don't think I'll ever get myself an Orion, as I have two cool devices, one being temperature controlled, so I'm very satisfied when it comes to IHs. However, it's great to see that the DV team has come up with some really cool ideas.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I equate 1000mah at 11v to about a gram of bud. I've been tracking this for a couple of weeks now and it is fairly consistent on an all-around basis.

90 minues at 10 watts - 5V 2A. It self-protects from the higher voltage chargers. 1000mah at 11.1V is 11.1 watts. Very doable. LiPo, no-access.

Rover is said to have 1550mah, LiPo and uses the 12v charger.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I did that with Alpine 2020. LOL Orion is in my shopping cart.

We could start a "Why are you hesitating" discussion.
I do have a couple of reservations.

And don't get me wrong, I love the Orion. It is a great new level tech in a dedicated design. +1 Dynatec!

The Chemist

If I wasn't so close to get my Flux Deluxe I would have got an Orion for sure. I think Dynavap is on the right track with the Orion, they took the time to create something interesting with new ideas like they always do so I'm sure the future is looking bright for IH and Vapcap .

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
If I wasn't so close to get my Flux Deluxe I would have got an Orion for sure. I think Dynavap is on the right track with the Orion, they took the time to create something interesting with new ideas like they always do so I'm sure the future is looking bright for IH and Vapcap .
I still have a long time before my number is called. I love that batteries can be replaced so easily.

Top Bottom