Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Mflbparox

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
If you do this every day, and would like to make it easier, i would suggest this little bad boy.

http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Mini-Hot-Plate-230V/dp/B003NV7Q8C

You dont have to boil any more water, just do the double tray with the water inside and heat it to the temp you like.

or even something like this with a induction tray sitting on the bottom of the glass pyrex dish.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/casos-portable-induction-plate-100088

Just a thought, saves time and is safe as there is no flame.

I'd be a little careful with this idea, at least with the first type (I've never messed with the second). The units I've worked with (fixed a couple over the years as well) all had thermostats with unprotected, spark producing, contacts. A couple were even labeled 'not for fume hood use'. Fine for water and such, of course.

Open flames aren't the only way to meet your maker messing with Butane vapors.

OF

True something to consider. But in a open area vapor rises, still you would need something for flammable liquid, all electronics are trouble in a closed space.

Scientific, so is it fine if i use a electric hot plate like in my backyard? and would i just need to put a pan on the hot plate with water in it till its bubbling then put my bho pyrex in the pan? or whats the procedure for the hot plate

thanks

Mflbparox,

OF

Vitolo said:
Many people successfully do this.
I am personally afraid, and will have no electricity anywhere in the vicinity.
Running back for a whistling kettle 5 times is truly no burden!

As THC says, it depends on dilution of the fumes by lots of air. You need to keep the fuel/air ratio under the flashpoint (a few percent, IIRC?), the problem being you can't tell what the ratio is until it gets really loud and bright for an instant. Fume hood accidents happen to experts too.

I'm with you, I feel much better if the fire is in another place. You can, of course, also screen the spark source in with fine brass mesh (standard drill in mines in the good old days when guys wanted light to see what they were doing).

It also occurs to me that the vast majority of the Butane comes off quickly. The rate of evaporation then slows to a crawl. Perhaps it's safe at this point to bring it inside (given good ventilation of course) and take advantage of the hot water in the hot water heater? That is finish the purge in a big sink or the bathtub under trickling hot water from the tap? We're not concerned about the small volume of Butane that spills in the kitchen when we fill our lighters and Iolites, right? Thinking out loud for a bit, please don't rush off and blow your house up?

OF

OF,

ganjapharma

o well since G chimed in, and its his thread, i guess i will join the fray!

grab a 16" "deep dish electric skillet" like this http://www.amazon.com/Presto-06852-16-Inch-Electric-Skillet/dp/B0007XRTDG for about $40.
fill it with water or OIL (if you want perfectly stable temps with zero steam) set the thermostat to 220-250 float the pyrex in the bath, and when you are ready to spray, turn the thermostat off, so there is zero change of a spark.

also,
butane sinks, it does not rise. observe on a sunny day and you can see the fumes spilling over the edge and falling towards the ground. this is the main reason why folks blow themselves up. a can of tane in the dining room, pools onto the floor and gathers someplace low, like under a fridge or water heater. compressor kicks on, and bam! unless you have a proper downdraft chem hood, just GO OUTSIDE!

ganjapharma,

Mflbparox

ganjapharma said:
o well since G chimed in, and its his thread, i guess i will join the fray!

grab a 16" "deep dish electric skillet" like this http://www.amazon.com/Presto-06852-16-Inch-Electric-Skillet/dp/B0007XRTDG for about $40.
fill it with water or OIL (if you want perfectly stable temps with zero steam) set the thermostat to 220-250 float the pyrex in the bath, and when you are ready to spray, turn the thermostat off, so there is zero change of a spark.

also,
butane sinks, it does not rise. observe on a sunny day and you can see the fumes spilling over the edge and falling towards the ground. this is the main reason why folks blow themselves up. a can of tane in the dining room, pools onto the floor and gathers someplace low, like under a fridge or water heater. compressor kicks on, and bam! unless you have a proper downdraft chem hood, just GO OUTSIDE!

oh would that be a better idea then to get a hot plate?

Mflbparox,

wb21

If I buy an omicron from a dispensary in denver who covers the warranty? also do you have a list of dispensaries in denver that sells the omicron?

wb21,

ganjapharma

my buddy in denver just grabbed an omi, but i dunno if it is from a dispo..he gets his concentrate from flavored essentials there i know that for sure...but he may have gotten the omi off amazon.

ganjapharma,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
ganjapharma said:
my buddy in denver just grabbed an omi, but i dunno if it is from a dispo..he gets his concentrate from flavored essentials there i know that for sure...but he may have gotten the omi off amazon.
I actually bought an Omicron from a guy in Colorado before purchasing another set from PV. Though I have had absolutely no problems with it and it performs perfectly, I would highly recommend just buying direct from Delta or PV to insure proper customer service when issues come up. Also, the only way I'm going to buy a preloaded cart, is if the collective insures it's initial use.

Jeppy,
Just wanted to say the MLFB stem mod of Kertong's in post 2881 is just great. Very worthwhile and fun mod, and I think I'm getting better clouds while enjoying the glass stem's feeling on my lips. Something about the silicone mouthpiece and the restricted draw had a real odd habit of making my mouth salivate, which wasn't helpful.

Ug, my battery just died after what must of been 50 hits.

charliedontsurf,

OF

charliedontsurf said:
Ug, my battery just died after what must of been 50 hits.

You brought this up before, at the time I didn't think that was too far out of line and think I said as much? Do you only have the one battery (so have nothing to compare to)? Are those 50 seven second hits (or were they longer)? How sure are you of the 50 count? How many hits per session, and how many sessions?

Finally, how long is it taking to recharge. A full charge is about 2.5 hours if it's taking about that long I think things are normal, if it's taking a lot less, I'd say the battery has capacity problems.

OF

OF,

druminfected

OF said:
ganjapharma said:
nice one kertong.

Yup, fun idea. Since you're local, you might even consider a run to Tap Plastics. For a buck twenty (plus tax, of course.....) they'll sell you a six foot stick of that very tube. You can hack up a lifetime supply of whatever length you think best for yourself and all your friends......

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=141&

OF

Anyone that gets some of this tube, I'm down to pay a buck or so via paypal, for a piece of tube (length of a magic flight tube) and light enough to just slap a stamp or 2 on for shipping. I'm not a local so don't have this store and can't get around that easy. I'm sure other members would want in on this too!

That or anywhere I could order this online on the cheap would be great as well.

druminfected,

hatfieldsmama

druminfected said:
OF said:
ganjapharma said:
nice one kertong.

Yup, fun idea. Since you're local, you might even consider a run to Tap Plastics. For a buck twenty (plus tax, of course.....) they'll sell you a six foot stick of that very tube. You can hack up a lifetime supply of whatever length you think best for yourself and all your friends......

OF

Anyone that gets some of this tube, I'm down to pay a buck or so via paypal, for a piece of tube (length of a magic flight tube) and light enough to just slap a stamp or 2 on for shipping. I'm not a local so don't have this store and can't get around that easy. I'm sure other members would want in on this too!

yup.... lemme know, i live in denver, not sure where to find a tube

hatfieldsmama,

hatfieldsmama

anyone know how to make oils thicker? like for the omicron, i have an iso extract that leaks out the cartridge when its left upside down. anyone got any advice?

hatfieldsmama,

OF

druminfected said:
OF said:

OF

I've been involved in such 'group buys' before, and while I understand the desire and idea and all my experience is it's a real PITA to address and ship all those little 'low cost' packages. To make it even worse, I don't support PayPal so that option is out.

But, I'll tell you what. If one of you wants to volunteer to distribute the tube, I'll go buy another stick or two next time I'm out that way, cut it into say six inch pieces (?). I will mail the lot to you free of charge if you'll agree to distribute it at modest price to Members who want it? We can co-ordinate the details like length so it'll be easy to ship out in say padded envelopes, hopefully in long enough pieces so guys can cut them shorter as they wish (getting at least two stems in the process). It cuts easily with a hacksaw (or as I recall Vitolo used a kitchen steak knife) and smooths up nicely with file, sandpaper or in Vitolo's case a finger nail file as I recall?

Any volunteers?

OF

OF,

Mflbparox

you know what sounds good.....a HERB CART filled to the top with straight keif oh my god i cant wait... starting to collect kief from now ;)

Mflbparox,

ganjapharma

saw some omis at my local dispo, that are all smaller than the ones i have.

did you guys change something about the battery??

ganjapharma,

VAPORIZER22

Bob Loblaw said:
Lol, yea, i was doin' that for awhile in anticipation.
also, if you don't have an MFLB glass tube for a mouthpiece you can do what i did, which was to take the glass dropper off a small amber bottle and cut off the very tip of silicone mouthpiece. feed tip thru from inside and viola. :)
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...lbums/5628828013382493921/5713390982554610914

Great idea. I pulled off the dropper and just stuck the dropper tip in the Omicron rubber mouthpiece and it fits perfect. I thought it was going to be too narrow an air path and not hit well but I am getting some very nice clouds. Thanks for the tip.

VAPORIZER22,

JoeKickass

ganjapharma said:
saw some omis at my local dispo, that are all smaller than the ones i have.

did you guys change something about the battery??

Smaller means less battery life and less power.

Probably a knock-off, you should take a picture next time...

JoeKickass,

DubCRider

No, not a knockoff. There was a slight change that made the button an on/off switch with 5 quick button presses. It's more of a child safety lock than anything. If you don't like the feature and you have one with that feature just turn it on and forget about it.

DubCRider,

JoeKickass

DubCRider said:
No, not a knockoff. There was a slight change that made the button an on/off switch with 5 quick button presses. It's more of a child safety lock than anything. If you don't like the feature and you have one with that feature just turn it on and forget about it.

Wait you mean you can disable the timeout on new Omicrons???
(constant on/off)

Or just turn off the whole device?
(button lock)

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom