Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

dankitydank

I went to Delta9vapes.com looking to buy a new omicron for a friend, but both the omicron 1x and 2x say "unavailable check back at a later stage" where is the purchase option?

dankitydank,

SD_haze

dankitydank said:
I went to Delta9vapes.com looking to buy a new omicron for a friend, but both the omicron 1x and 2x say "unavailable check back at a later stage" where is the purchase option?

THC just said they'll be coming back "soon"

SD_haze,

fuck

So I am having difficulties with my omicron. I am not able to achieve a decent amount of vapor from it. I loaded a half gram of some wax in it. I know the cartridge works as I tested before and im still able to get very little vapor some times. When I puff im able to achieve some vapor but not all the time. but when i suck in slow it does not work at all. Ive held button for 6 seconds let go and then start to hit until i can no longer suck in.(releasing button after 6 seconds each time) and this only produces small vapor but visible.

fuck,

OF

fuck said:
So I am having difficulties with my omicron. I am not able to achieve a decent amount of vapor from it. I loaded a half gram of some wax in it. I know the cartridge works as I tested before and im still able to get very little vapor some times. When I puff im able to achieve some vapor but not all the time. but when i suck in slow it does not work at all. Ive held button for 6 seconds let go and then start to hit until i can no longer suck in.(releasing button after 6 seconds each time) and this only produces small vapor but visible.

Dollars to doughnuts you've got the same 'haven't fully melted the concentrate down' problem all the other new users have had. It seems to happen every few weeks, have you checked back for this problem?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

fuck said:

Try either heating the cart with a lighter like you were filling it

-or-

Priming for a good 6 seconds like 3 or 4 times, then draw extremely slowly.

The idea, like OF said, is to get all the good stuff down to the very bottom where the wick is. Some concentrates feed better when you hit the Omicron while holding it straight up and down.

JoeKickass,

fuck

Im pretty sure the concentrates are all the way at the bottom. Lighted the top part of the cartridge so it was hot. It started to smoke a little.

Just tried the turing on for 6 seconds no breathing let go for like 4 times and i think its starting to work. Thanks.
Do you guys change your cartridges with each new concentrate?

fuck,

OF

fuck said:
Im pretty sure the concentrates are all the way at the bottom. Lighted the top part of the cartridge so it was hot. It started to smoke a little.

Just tried the turing on for 6 seconds no breathing let go for like 4 times and i think its starting to work. Thanks.

Without being there, I'm pretty sure it's not. If the concentrate was 'all the way at the bottom' the wick would be wet and feeding.

What you're seeing now is the outer heater (who's job it is to keep liquid concentrate available to the wick and main heater) is melting small amounts from above it which are moving past. Eventually you may get enough down to feed, but there's still a chance of a gap in the load causing grief later.

Heating the top won't do it. As soon as the wax flows down a little and hits the cold cart it's going to 'clot' up right there. It 'always does'. Waxes are harder to load than oils because of this, Full Melts, shatters and so on even worse.

Smoke just means some small amount stuck to the walls got too hot probably, the action we want is in the lower half of the cart (but be careful heating the bottom part where the seals are).

Like I said, reading this thread will give you a dozen or more such cases. Likewise I bet searching for 'melt down' in the thread will point to them?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Mflbparox said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Yes guys the Omicron will be back shortly.

thc is their still no word about the release date of the herb cart..

We are working on it as fast as possible, We are now building the last prototype, if this works we will keep everyone updated.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

bazzles

Check out GratefulBuys for a set. I had the same problem, I went searching for a place and noticed they are gone pretty much everywhere. So I ended up finding that GratefulBuys has them. Mine shipped and should be here tomorrow, I was hopping it would make it here today so that I could make a review but it left CA a little to later and sadly I am across the US from them haha.

bazzles,

2clicker

Observer
regarding the carts... are they recommended to only be used vertically?

and this may sound silly but concentrate would leak right out of the top if used upside down correct?

2clicker,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
2clicker said:

and this may sound silly but concentrate would leak right out of the top if used upside down correct?

Yes correct.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
2clicker said:

Yes correct.

Actually you can use it in any position. I routinely use it nearly horizontally, and have used it inverted from time to time (sometimes laying on my back, sometimes just to be doing so I guess?). The key is to do so for only a small percentage of the time. Keep it upright otherwise. It might be a problem with real thin oils, especially when hot, but with the stuff I'm using it's never been an issue.

OF

OF,

Mflbparox

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Mflbparox said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Yes guys the Omicron will be back shortly.

thc is their still no word about the release date of the herb cart..

We are working on it as fast as possible, We are now building the last prototype, if this works we will keep everyone updated.

you simply are the best! the last prototype hell yeah which means ill probably be able to buy one of these bad boys before april 1st !!!

Mflbparox,

2clicker

Observer
OF said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
2clicker said:

Yes correct.

Actually you can use it in any position. I routinely use it nearly horizontally, and have used it inverted from time to time (sometimes laying on my back, sometimes just to be doing so I guess?). The key is to do so for only a small percentage of the time. Keep it upright otherwise. It might be a problem with real thin oils, especially when hot, but with the stuff I'm using it's never been an issue.

OF

thanks fellas

2clicker,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Bob Loblaw,

Letrab

Deep Sea Lurking
SlideOrDie said:
jambandphan03 said:
This has nothing to do with anything, just caught my eye because of the name in title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u6trcyh_KQ&feature=related

Googled it and came up with... click for more info

Omicron Persei is a star in the constellation Perseus.

Is this where you you guys got the names for the vapes from or is it just a coincidence?

futuramafry.jpg

Letrab,

druminfected

Bob Loblaw said:
SlideOrDie said:
jambandphan03 said:
This has nothing to do with anything, just caught my eye because of the name in title: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u6trcyh_KQ&feature=related

Is this where you you guys got the names for the vapes from or is it just a coincidence?

Futurama Reference, I believe.

Yup if your a fan of Futurama, then you know all about the Omicron, Persei, 8 :)

druminfected,

kertong

*please delete me*
I think somebody may have mentioned it here, or maybe on another internet hangout, but it blew my mind when I realized that it was [O]micron [P]ersei [8], as in OP8, or opiate. :D

On a side note, I did some dispensary rounds today and got my hands on more CO2 wax. The Leaf Lab had GDP Amber CO2 wax, which I picked up, and I also got some OG Kush Canna Nectar from HHCSJ, which is also a CO2 wax.

I have no doubts that these are true supercritical CO2 solved waxes - they all have a very weird, funky flavor that the other hypercritical honey oil CO2 wax I tried had. It's peppery, but also a little cheesy and funky, like toejam or something, I can't describe it. Really offputting to me, I'm starting to prefer the butane extracted varieties now..

kertong,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SlideOrDie said:
jambandphan03 said:

Well long story short,

The Omicron name is from the Greek alphabet letter O and also means micron or micro.

When my graphics guy said hey your a nerd why not name the second vape
Persei and then 8 for something else.

So we did that as a small token of salute to my and our graphic designers nerd hood.

Reason why we also have the alpha and centauri in the works.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

my carts down to 8.1g, and was debating to put this ABV oil I got, but I think it's just going to clog, even though it's a super pure extraction. I tried some with a swing and it left some residue on the swing after. ( the most out of any oil) So I'm kinda weary of doing it. Saving the oil I have to put in the Persei!

Has anyone ever put ABV Oil in there cartridge and try that yet? I've read this whole thread and haven't seen anyone state that, but if you did please chime in with your feedback please. :)

druminfected,
Top Bottom