Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also want to thank PlanetVape and THC for helping us out so promptly with the cartridges. You guys ROCK!

jambandphan03,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Project X we are working on is a laser powered vaporizer. Unfortunately it's not feasible yet. Battery life, danger to user, cost is prohibitive.

Ahh, that is Project X. We knew about Project X for several months now, we knew it was something that has never been done, but were not told what it involved. Ground breaking innovation!

jambandphan03 said:
I also want to thank PlanetVape and THC for helping us out so promptly with the cartridges. You guys ROCK!

Thank you for your kind words and support.

Thanks to crazypill as well.

PlanetHaze,

OF

I just had an interesting cart failure. It was on a 'pre fill' from Elemental I got a few months back, one of several 'sour flower' I bought. They were $30 each, with a gram of oil. Anyway, looking through the paper bag it was in looking for something else I saw a huge leak was going on inside the plastic bag. It was coming out the bottom and was a mess. I heated it up and got about 2/3 of the gram out then decided to see what was causing so bad a leak in a cart that I'd never even fired up.

It turns out it's flat out missing the second heater! The one that does the vaporization. Without it there, there's a open hole on each side of the furnace where the wick should go that's open for the oil to flow through. The seals won't come close to making it leak tight when the oil thins out enough.

No reflection on the maker if this is an isolated case, which I assume it is. Make enough of them and something like this is likely to happen. The normal checks we do before loading would have prevented loading good material in that would just have to be taken out but a guy doing a lot of loadings isn't likely to spot it.

Another reason to measure the resistance or 'look for the glow' before adding fifty bucks of concentrate to a ten dollar cart that might not work.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I sure love the Omicron in the evening. I use it after 9-10pm usually watching tv. Another favorite is driving across town running errands. A few puffs off the Sativa cart helps me see the street lights better. :o I lost a favorite cart today. I had ran several grams thru it with great success, but today with .4 left, it said goodbye. If I had a bugle I'd play "Taps", I loved that thing so damn much.

Jeppy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
OF said:
I just had an interesting cart failure. It was on a 'pre fill' from Elemental I got a few months back, one of several 'sour flower' I bought. They were $30 each, with a gram of oil. Anyway, looking through the paper bag it was in looking for something else I saw a huge leak was going on inside the plastic bag. It was coming out the bottom and was a mess. I heated it up and got about 2/3 of the gram out then decided to see what was causing so bad a leak in a cart that I'd never even fired up.

It turns out it's flat out missing the second heater! The one that does the vaporization. Without it there, there's a open hole on each side of the furnace where the wick should go that's open for the oil to flow through. The seals won't come close to making it leak tight when the oil thins out enough.

No reflection on the maker if this is an isolated case, which I assume it is. Make enough of them and something like this is likely to happen. The normal checks we do before loading would have prevented loading good material in that would just have to be taken out but a guy doing a lot of loadings isn't likely to spot it.

Another reason to measure the resistance or 'look for the glow' before adding fifty bucks of concentrate to a ten dollar cart that might not work.

OF

That is a new one. We can only try to make it better. Please contact us OF and we will figure out a way.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
So, I am very new to vaping, or anything regarding medicating. My Dr recommended it a few months ago and now I'm stuck trying to learn everything for myself, while exciting it is also very confusing. I'm in Los Angeles (San fernando Valley) and am hoping someone in LA might be able to lead the way.

I have a few questions
On Delta9 I am not sure which cartridges I am supposed to order for the Omicron x 2?

Anywhere in LA a good place to find the medicine that goes in it?

What does all the different terminology mean? Co2, bubble hash, and all the other ones?

Any quick reply would be great as I want to order my Omicron hopefully today :)

sh4dowdrifter,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
sh4dowdrifter said:
So, I am very new to vaping, or anything regarding medicating. My Dr recommended it a few months ago and now I'm stuck trying to learn everything for myself, while exciting it is also very confusing. I'm in Los Angeles (San fernando Valley) and am hoping someone in LA might be able to lead the way.

I have a few questions
On Delta9 I am not sure which cartridges I am supposed to order for the Omicron x 2?

Anywhere in LA a good place to find the medicine that goes in it?

What does all the different terminology mean? Co2, bubble hash, and all the other ones?

Any quick reply would be great as I want to order my Omicron hopefully today :)

Well if you are using extract cartridges on the Omicron then you would use 2.4ohm.

As for your other questions we cant help you, we would suggest you try google it is better at explaining then we can at the moment.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey sh4dowdrifter. I'm not in Cali but I can shed some light on a few of your questions.

Click THIS for a list of dispensaries in the San Fernando Valley.

The different terminology relates to the kind of extraction technique. Bubble Hash is made with ice and water extraction. BHO is extracted using Butane. CO2 is extracted using carbon dioxide. As long as the volatiles are purged properly any of these methods are fine.

I'd advise you to go into a dispensary and talk to the budtenders there. They will advise you and explain to you what you don't know in more detail.

Also, by your opening statement I'm unsure if you have used any form of mj before? If so the concentrates may be a bit strong for a new user :2c:

J.R.R.Tokin',

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
That is a new one. We can only try to make it better. Please contact us OF and we will figure out a way.

Like I said, I've got no complaints. These things can happen. As they taught us at the Hoover Institute, "If you knock on enough doors, you're going to eventually sell a vacuum".

I'm happy to contact you off line anyway.......

Thanks for a wonderful product, and all your efforts. There's a bunch of us here benefiting.

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
The different terminology relates to the kind of extraction technique. Bubble Hash is made with ice and water extraction. BHO is extracted using Butane. CO2 is extracted using carbon dioxide. As long as the volatiles are purged properly any of these methods are fine.

I'd advise you to go into a dispensary and talk to the budtenders there. They will advise you and explain to you what you don't know in more detail.

Woah! Standby. Amidst JRRT's otherwise great advice is a bit of a fish. Bubble hashes (and other 'water extractions') definitely will NOT work in the Omicron. It will foul it up good and proper. Likewise a whole host of 'full melts', 'really melts well', 'taffy' and a bunch of others with some solids left are to be avoided as well.

Stick to "Super Melts", waxes (actually are like soft wax) and light colored oils and you'll be fine. Unfortunately this means the $20 grams are out, you need the $40 and $50 ones, but a good gram will give you hundreds and hundreds of hits. A gram might last an average guy several weeks or a month.

Be sure your budtender has an understanding of (and hopefully some first hand experience with) the Omicron specifically. It is different.

OF

OF,

turk

turk
....I concur with OF....there is much to be learned by simply perusing the delta vape9 site....nest to scientific's avator...

turk,

ganjapharma

J.R.R. nothing to add on the subject of concentrates except that Co2 oil is made from a special process involving a sharpie (to write the letters "co2" on the vial) and good quality bho or qwiso. (to place inside of the vial).

tada! you can make your own at home! just add marketing!

ganjapharma,

OF

ganjapharma said:
J.R.R. nothing to add on the subject of concentrates except that Co2 oil is made from a special process involving a sharpie (to write the letters "co2" on the vial) and good quality bho or qwiso. (to place inside of the vial).

tada! you can make your own at home! just add marketing!

OK, I'll buy '...is sometimes made...' maybe, '.....is counterfeited by....' better still, but no way is it always made by fraud. Unless you're saying the products offered by Harborside and Essential are not as advertised?

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I know "some" dispensairys might pull a fast one somtimes (tasty puff) but qwiso labeled as CO2? Nobody would buy that...at least I wouldnt that is.

Xchadb,

ganjapharma

OF: I am saying just that. fraud. what do i base this on?

I own a company that buys 500 gallons a year of Co2 Extracted neem oil. we also use Co2 extracted Borage oil, and Co2 extracted Rosemary oil. the people who make the extracts for us use a supercrit unit designed by Eden Labs.
after a candid conversation with the owner (with whom I have had a business relationship for almost 10 years) he revealed that he loved to smoke ganja, was impressed by my bho, hexane and alcohol extracts, and would be happy to lend his experience to making Co2 hash oil.
I spent many months, and many POUNDS of sugar trim and bud turning out batches of super dark, vegetal oil. we tried all sorts of pressures, speeds, even a modified housing. and every-time, we got potent, bad tasting, rick simpson type oil.

co2 is a wonderful extraction method because it really grabs an entire profile of whatever plant material you put into it. for ingestion as with simpson oil, the dark treacle like oil is an ideal whole plant extract.
the golden buddery oils passed off as Co2 extract however is a sham.

is there a chance that some mad scientist out there is making golden oil with co2? when my guy (20 years in the biz of making nothing but co2 extracts day in-day out) says its not possible?

BHO is ILLEGAL to manufacture in cali. so guess what? none of the dispensaries carry it....
do they all have concentrates that look smell and taste like bho? sure.
can you find a single image on the web of co2 extraction COMING OUT OF A MACHINE? no you cannot.
what about an image or video of every other known method? sure, there are hundreds.

so to sum up:
I have tried it with a $100k supercrit unit, run by a pro, who has a Phd. goopy dark oil. which is what any pro would expect given the nature of ALL OTHER CO2 EXTRACTS.
Plenty of claims, thousands of grams of "Co2 extract" sold across cali/co/wa and not a single pic or vid of anything except for images (usually stock) of a supercrit unit and images of finished product.
and of course. every head out there that was making BHO in cali, went out and got a super secret supercrit unit (read: sharpie) and now they all make co2 oil.

.....feel free to delete, I know I am jakin this thread G. hows this for an ending?.....

AND no matter what ya call it, if it melts you can stick it into an omi and get clouds, right now i have an omi full of unicorn oil, made by feeding bho to unicorn goats and collecting the extract. and i will post a video of it AS SOON AS STEVE D'ANGELO posts video of their co2 oil being made.

ganjapharma,

SD_haze

The only time I thought I truly had a legit CO2 concentrate source, I later found out it was just made in a high-end BHO machine.

ganjapharma said:
every head out there that was making BHO in cali, went out and got a super secret supercrit unit (read: sharpie) and now they all make co2 oil.

:lol:

SD_haze,

OF

Interesting.

Funny, these guys seem to think they're doing it (then again, maybe they're a scam too?):
http://www.organalabs.com/co2extraction.htm

So, how about Nitrogen and Oxygen extracted oils, are they fake as well?

Thanks for the information I'd asked for, and while I don't doubt your guy but just because he's never done it doesn't mean the next guy isn't. Most things are done by someone first time.....

I'm still of the opinion that up and up clinics like the two I named, not to mention the testing labs they depend on, would blow the whistle on this if it were so and not go near it themselves. That is they advertise CO2 extraction, and can be sued for not supplying such. Don't I also recall someone saying they'd seen such a machine in use. I agree, it's not a shade tree deal, nobody is shooting Korean 'tane in their back yard here.....

Thanks again, food for thought. For now, I think I'll enjoy what I believe is CO2 extracted oil. However it got here, it is what it is.....

OF

OF,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
ganjapharma said:
OF: I am saying just that. fraud. what do i base this on?

I own a company that buys 500 gallons a year of Co2 Extracted neem oil. we also use Co2 extracted Borage oil, and Co2 extracted Rosemary oil. the people who make the extracts for us use a supercrit unit designed by Eden Labs.
after a candid conversation with the owner (with whom I have had a business relationship for almost 10 years) he revealed that he loved to smoke ganja, was impressed by my bho, hexane and alcohol extracts, and would be happy to lend his experience to making Co2 hash oil.
I spent many months, and many POUNDS of sugar trim and bud turning out batches of super dark, vegetal oil. we tried all sorts of pressures, speeds, even a modified housing. and every-time, we got potent, bad tasting, rick simpson type oil.

co2 is a wonderful extraction method because it really grabs an entire profile of whatever plant material you put into it. for ingestion as with simpson oil, the dark treacle like oil is an ideal whole plant extract.
the golden buddery oils passed off as Co2 extract however is a sham.

is there a chance that some mad scientist out there is making golden oil with co2? when my guy (20 years in the biz of making nothing but co2 extracts day in-day out) says its not possible?

BHO is ILLEGAL to manufacture in cali. so guess what? none of the dispensaries carry it....
do they all have concentrates that look smell and taste like bho? sure.
can you find a single image on the web of co2 extraction COMING OUT OF A MACHINE? no you cannot.
what about an image or video of every other known method? sure, there are hundreds.

so to sum up:
I have tried it with a $100k supercrit unit, run by a pro, who has a Phd. goopy dark oil. which is what any pro would expect given the nature of ALL OTHER CO2 EXTRACTS.
Plenty of claims, thousands of grams of "Co2 extract" sold across cali/co/wa and not a single pic or vid of anything except for images (usually stock) of a supercrit unit and images of finished product.
and of course. every head out there that was making BHO in cali, went out and got a super secret supercrit unit (read: sharpie) and now they all make co2 oil.

.....feel free to delete, I know I am jakin this thread G. hows this for an ending?.....

AND no matter what ya call it, if it melts you can stick it into an omi and get clouds, right now i have an omi full of unicorn oil, made by feeding bho to unicorn goats and collecting the extract. and i will post a video of it AS SOON AS STEVE D'ANGELO posts video of their co2 oil being made.

I've discussed this issue with a good friend of mine who managed one of Sacramento's busiest clubs (until all the shutdowns took them out of commission), and after backing her into a logical corner, she admitted that all the "c02" extracts that they sold were really made with one sort of solvent extraction or another. If a vendor came in trying to supply them with BHO or QWISO, they would be told the club does not distribute solvent-made hashes, and to come back in a week *wink wink* with some super- or sub-crit extracts. She also told me that as far as she was aware, this is just business-as-usual in California dispensaries.

QuantumTimeSpace,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
BTW: Never seen blonde CO2. The stuff elemental sells as CO2 is always brown where as the BHO wax is blonde. who knows....

ru_frothi,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
this review of the stuff OF linked to seems legit and seems to recognise that product as credible...
While there are only a couple of examples of real CO2-extracted hash oil around the state to compare this to

WatTyler,

StickyShisha2

one of my carts is giving me trouble, doesn't want to prime.

it has .76g of very crumbly, blue dream bho.
Another cart, filled at the same time with the same oil works fine, but was stubborn at the beginning.

i'm going to try topping it off with PureGold which is a bit runnier to see if it helps get it flowing.

StickyShisha2,

ganjapharma

OF i saw that red oil in my online lookabout, like the sunshine red oil from the old days, we called it cherry oil? topnotch looking stuff.
it is a wonderful review as well, however i didnt see the bit where they show the extraction. and the links to the process are the U.of Leeds? that supercrit unit looks like the dogs bollocks! amazing really, based on the one i have seen that think is a multimillion dollar unit for sure.

anyway, are you saying its verified as Co2 oil because it is such a lovely red?

i really knew i would stir up a hornets nest with this, I suppose i felt froggy, but OF, DubC...my intentions are not to be antagonistic. i just likes me some hard evidence. especially when my own (completely biased of course) personal experience begs to differ.

my personal experience suggests that tamisium style bho extractors, rotovaps, coldfingers, and the odd separation flask or vacuum bell is the extent of technological investment that makes sense when concentrates retail at a price point never higher than $100 a gram, and often half of that.

anyway, perhaps we can table this until there is a video of a supercrit unit of some flavor (easily identifiable by their universally present bits and pieces) and the final few minutes of the extraction
(which btw involves capturing the precipitate (the oil) by using a "solvent trap" of ethanol usually, some sub-critical solvent other than Co2 needs to be used anyway.... check with the U of Leeds if you dont believe me)

so:
sorry if i got some folks mad, i am having a positivism issue with the belief system surrounding Co2 oil.
for those that keep faith...well what can you say to the faithful?

edited to ask:
how can one differentiate between 100%purged oil made with say n-butane (no mercaptains or propellant) and an alleged specimen of Co2 oil?

ganjapharma,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
ru_frothi,
Top Bottom