Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

TracyLee

Plan on doing more "practice" tomorrow....both filling and drawing technique. I need to have all the kinks worked out and have a bacup sativa and indica cart ready.

Massive sales in San Jose now...Palliative (707 Headband), Elemental (some new wax indica Dom, on Facebook), med ex (caviar) and Canna Culture got "many" in.

--Tracy

TracyLee,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Omicron Vaporizer for Oils -by THC Scientific
from PlanetVape
Day 3 - medicating with Omicron.
Same gram of hash Oil :tup:

Vitolo,

Dberm

Hahaha vitolo I clicked around your post for a good couple of seconds searching for a link expecting a video or something!

I'd really like to hear your view of the pros/cons so far as you see them! I ordered an electronic cigarette to try this stuff out and I'm bubbling with excitement to use it!

Just to be totally clear: the oil HAS to be full melt right? Otherwise it will just coat the heating element? And if it does need to be full melt, does anyone know how to purify QWISO to make it full melt or atleast to the point where it'd be compatible with this device?

Dberm,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dberm, your patience is appreciated.
I am using the unit to medicate, and so, I must get the feel of the device.
It would be unfair to readers for me to hastily speak "pros or cons'... only to change my view tomorrow, when I find out a new facet.
Iso is not compatible.
This is for your benefit Dberm and for others that may be waiting to hear because they are interested.
My words here are not a full review, but they are the impressions of the pros and cons by a patient on his 3rd day of use.
This is not a traditional ecig.. and this type of cart is specifically designed to fill your own.
The knack of doing this can be picked up easily enough.
This device is best used by those who do have ready access to hash oil (not Iso), BHO/wax/putty.
After the filling of the first cart was complete, The work was done, and I felt that now I could relax.
The device is ready to medicate, and is close at hand when needed.
The biggest pro is that it has continued to medicate me for 3 days, taking 10- 25 pulls from the device on each day. I am not using the device to get higher than I need, or this would defeat my purpose of monitoring it as a dosage dispensing device.
At this rate of consumption, the device could last me on the same gram of hash oil for about ten days.. maybe more .... accounting for care taken... maybe less for the first days learning.
We will see whether this remains to be a "pro" as tomorrow roles around, and then a the subsequent days.
So far I am impressed as hell, at the great control this gives me over the exact amount I need to feel better for each situation! :cool:

The only con I find so far, may not be a con at all... but just may have to be marked up as "the nature of the beast".
The priming.
By the nature of an MMJ patient, I fear wasting meds... or harming my precious Omicron..
therefore I am shy with my suction during priming, not wanting to suck so hard that I damage the cart or cause loss of medications. I have a feeling that this is a "newby concern", and that I will become more "bold" in my priming technique as my training wheels are removed completely!

Vitolo,

DubCRider

You can prime a cart by just holding the button on and off till it spits vapor out the mouthpiece. No suction needed, just gotta melt the goodies down on to the heating element.

DubCRider,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Will try this technique!
A question... I understand that the cartridge is good for up to a gram of hash oil, and then is diposable.
Has anyone ever tried "topping off" the cartridge?
Is it a bad idea to add a half gram down the road?
also....
If I have a half gram of earwax, and a half gram of silly putty...
would it be wise to use one , and then put the other in the same cart, or is it wiser to use 2 seperate carts.

Vitolo,

Dberm

Hey sorry Vit didn't mean to come off as impatient or anything, I just value your opinion knowing that you've been through a number of vapes and have a great deal of knowledge on the matter!

Thanks for taking the time to throw your thoughts out there! And yea I realize that this unit is not just your average ecig. Also ISO hash is considered "hash oil" if I'm not mistaken, and it can be a thick puddy consistency.

Another question on the "one time use" advice with the carts. How much oil is salvageable from a cart that dies on you? IMO it would be worth it to use the carts until they are truely dead then do a reclaim on the dissected card if in the end you'd only end up losing a little oil.

Dberm,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Vitolo said:
Will try this technique!
A question... I understand that the cartridge is good for up to a gram of hash oil, and then is diposable.
Has anyone ever tried "topping off" the cartridge?
Is it a bad idea to add a half gram down the road?
also....
If I have a half gram of earwax, and a half gram of silly putty...
would it be wise to use one , and then put the other in the same cart, or is it wiser to use 2 seperate carts.

I think they count they as disposable to make sure people dont waste concentrates refilling them. That said I have seen people top em off.

I've also seen people have some problems with one concentrate and run that mostly out and top it off with a different and were able to salvage a leaking cart. DubC can comment more on that one.

So I dont think running one wax through and then the other would too bad. certainly wouldn't want to mix hash oil and wax. it would ruin the flavor. what you taste those other concentrates.

to drain a bad cart. turn it upside down and heat it till the cocentrate comes out or I imagine you could give it a bath too....

ru_frothi,

vaporSS

Just got back from a trip to Disneyland,the omicron made the trip amazing. I was able to medicate in the designated smoke areas. I vaped up nonchalantly and nobody questioned me. I noticed a few quick looks but I played cool as I vaped freely. This thing rules!

vaporSS,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Dberm- all good, and you didn't come off impatient.
I was sincere when I said I appreciated your patience... because I felt the question was patiently worded, in comparison to how curious you were!
1st....
I am still running my test, to see how long this gram can last using my device medically.....
HOWEVER.. I like the Omicron enough to where I just pulled the trigger on a box of carts for the future.
I now have a source for the hash oil that is so difficult to drip into the carts.......
but today the Earth Mother blessed me with some Alaskan Ice, Ear Wax, and Putty to use in the Omicron
The Universe is funny that way.. sometimes it just had=s great timing!;)
I gues I will have to vape the vial of kief in a more traditional herbal vaproization manner!
DSC00304.jpg

Vitolo,

Dberm

Haha I gotcha now, it's just default for me to view posts on the internet as having a negative tone I suppose :peace:

Really good looking stuff you've got there Vit! I've been dabbling in making my own oils and I've gotta say that is some nice work!

Dberm,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Why is ISO a nono with this ??

My Qwiso comes out shatter, and it I stir during a purge or multiple vac is comes out budder, so I'm not understanding why it wouldn't work in either case. Kindly explain ?

smokum,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
smokum said:
Why is ISO a nono with this ??

My Qwiso comes out shatter, and it I stir during a purge or multiple vac is comes out budder, so I'm not understanding why it wouldn't work in either case. Kindly explain ?

Iso works. As long as it's purged right.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

408_Grow

picked up some Triple xxx wax and:cool: some thc gold from Elemental last night. Funny...on my way out I ran into DubC ..chill ass dude! I tested the wax and it worked flawlessly! Nicer thick cloud and a delicious taste!!

408_Grow,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
408_Grow said:
picked up some Triple xxx wax and:cool: some thc gold from Elemental last night. Funny...on my way out I ran into DubC ..chill ass dude! I tested the wax and it worked flawlessly! Nicer thick cloud and a delicious taste!!

Sweetness. I was going to hit them up today for happy hour for that XXX. you try the NitroOG wax yet. Really lemony flavor. I got some blueberry wax that smelled amazing loaded it up last night. Unfortunately it doesn't taste as good as smelled. It smelled like fruit and taste earthy and hint of pine but seems to work well.

Honestly haven't tried the pure gold yet. $40 per 1/2g is steep for sure. let us know how you like it. I love TrueOG and I see they have that gold dust of TrueOG. I wanna see what kinda melt it is first but I saw they dropped the price from 60 which was crazy to $45 which is still $10 more than the waxes they always get for $35.

ru_frothi,

408_Grow

rufrothy said:
408_Grow said:

Sweetness. I was going to hit them up today for happy hour for that XXX. you try the NitroOG wax yet. Really lemony flavor. I got some blueberry wax that smelled amazing loaded it up last night. Unfortunately it doesn't taste as good as smelled. It smelled like fruit and taste earthy and hint of pine but seems to work well.

Honestly haven't tried the pure gold yet. $40 per 1/2g is steep for sure. let us know how you like it. I love TrueOG and I see they have that gold dust of TrueOG. I wanna see what kinda melt it is first but I saw they dropped the price from 60 which was crazy to $45 which is still $10 more than the waxes they always get for $35.

Honestly, I have yet to try the nitro :/ I have been saving them..I still can't believe how cheap I got it for..I will load it up today around 5 and let you know how it goes, the guys at elemental say the nitro is some of the best!..they had that true og your taking about..it looked light brownish and sort of powdery but the budtender said it was a wax..?..nitro hits later today I can't wait!!
P.s. That sucks about the blueberry..where did you get that?

408_Grow,

TracyLee

Ahhhhhh, I've spent too much already! I got the triple xxx...bitch to prime. Haven't given up yet....I think I was temperamental yesterday. The guy behind the counter recommended not putting the Ture OG dust, so I'd be curious to find out the results if anyone tries. I put some True OG Dust on some ground flower yesterday and smoke and was at may max medicated state very quickly.

I just tried the Pure Gold this morning and that equals Pure perfection in the Omicron. Loading, priming, smoking,,,,ahhhhhhhh......quick and easy.

--Tracy

TracyLee,

408_Grow

TracyLee said:
Ahhhhhh, I've spent too much already! I got the triple xxx...bitch to prime. Haven't given up yet....I think I was temperamental yesterday. The guy behind the counter recommended not putting the Ture OG dust, so I'd be curious to find out the results if anyone tries. I put some True OG Dust on some ground flower yesterday and smoke and was at may max medicated state very quickly.

I just tried the Pure Gold this morning and that equals Pure perfection in the Omicron. Loading, priming, smoking,,,,ahhhhhhhh......quick and easy.

--Tracy

How did you load the pure gold? Also whyis the triple xxx a bitch to prime? It took me under a minute to prime?

408_Grow,

bruno13

insomniac
TracyLee said:

--Tracy

Watch the carts carefully with the gold. I have used it in three different carts and it leaked out of bottom air opening in all three. I think it is too thin. I now keep the cart with gold in it in the refridgerator. That has stopped any leaking for me. Everything else about gold in the omicron is as you said perfection.

bruno13,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
bruno13 said:
TracyLee said:

--Tracy

Watch the carts carefully with the gold. I have used it in three different carts and it leaked out of bottom air opening in all three. I think it is too thin. I now keep the cart with gold in it in the refridgerator. That has stopped any leaking for me. Everything else about gold in the omicron is as you said perfection.

Hey Bruno can i get some information? like how hot is it where you store it? and how you filled it? how many uses before it leaked? Want to make this the best product and would love the feedback.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just reporting in...
Day 4 medicating with Omicron, in use with black hash oil.
same gram of hash oil ;)

Vitolo,

manchild

Vapourist
Thought I'd share a little dream I had last night with you Omicron users.

For the record I don't own one.... yet

So I'm back in high school (funny how so many dreams are set at school or uni/college) sitting in a science class at a bench with 3 other classmates. Without thinking I reached into my pencil case pulled out my Omicron and proceeded to take 3 quick puffs. I exhaled a bit of a cloud on each puff and relaxed and watched the cloud waft into the air feelin completely satisified.
Then I realised suddenly what I was doing and so did my benchmates. That good old feelin of terror came over me and I'm thinkin what the fark have I done.
The teacher walks over a little curiously looking like he was smelling the air but now the clouds had disappeared. He stands next to me looking down at what I'm doing. I just look down at my equations and kinda show him that i'm cruisin along and don't need any help from him with my work. The Omicron sits upright on the desk next to my excercise book. He lingers for a moment considering what he sees then moves on. I'm safe. I couldn't tell if he thought it was a pen or if he knew what I was doing and didn't care. The end.

So THC Scientific you have penetrated my dreams. :ninja: Happy now? :peace:

manchild,

TracyLee

Replying on my iPad sucks...

408_grow: the pure gold came in a gel capsule with a nipple. I just snipped a little off the tip and put it in the cart. Squeezed just a little. Moved to the other side when it was time.

The xxx just took longer then my first two carts. I was also drawing from the beginning and ended up making myself dizzy. I saw the comment about priming without drawing after that....my favorite method now. Tried last night and it started hitting much better. Frankly, I don't remember much past 10p...lol

I can just walk up to the Pure Gold oil hit it and Sour Diesel Wax requires and little more warm up. Guess I'm taking the Pure Gold tailgating with me on Sunday. I love research days!

Bruno: thanks for the heads up...I'm keeping an eye on on my carts to make sure my storage air temperature is good. I haven't had any super extended length sessions yet...it's just me medicating.

TracyLee,

vaporSS

I wanted to add my two cents... The same leaking happened to me using the pure gold. In two different carts. One cart (filled by DubC) was ruined by the pure gold after 3 days or about 60 uses it leaked out the bottom then the cart stopped heating. Second cart I filled and it immediately was leaking without use, I flipped the cart over into the same vile to reclaim the pure gold and used what residue was left inside the cart, luckily that cart still works. I think it is too thin to use in these carts like mentioned.

vaporSS,
Top Bottom